• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Man, the wait is killing me. Nintendo said they will release news about Pokemon Bank AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, well that's good, but guess what? THAT WAS SEVEN DAYS AGO!!! When is this as soon as possible? The Japanese people are probably just sitting on their butts enjoying Pokemon Bank while we, ARE STILL DAMN WAITING!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not all Japanese people.

Only those who downloaded it from the eshop before it was taken down from the Japanese eshop.

A lot of them still got it on the 25th, though. And I'm pretty sure its back up in Japan now, and has been for a couple of days.

Karjam

AKA KarjamP
    Years
  • A lot of them still got it on the 25th, though. And I'm pretty sure its back up in Japan now, and has been for a couple of days.

I think you're confusing Pokémon Bank with Poké transporter, which was put back up in Japan for those who've downloaded Pokémon Bank before it was taken down.

Serebii still says Pokémon Bank's unable to be downloaded from the eshop in every region (Japan included).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think you're confusing Pokémon Bank with Poké transporter, which was put back up in Japan for those who've downloaded Pokémon Bank before it was taken down.

Serebii still says Pokémon Bank's unable to be downloaded from the eshop in every region (Japan included).

Oh, you're right.

...Still wish it'd come out already. What's the hold-up if the Transporter is functioning fine in Japan (and by extension, the Bank, since the 2 go together)?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Well they're two separate pieces of software. The Poke Transporter is just a downloadable application. The Pokemon Bank is an entire server.

But you can't use the Transporter without the Bank. Where would you transfer your Pokemon to if the Bank don't work? So if the Transporter works for the people who have it, then the Bank must work as well. And if the Bank works, what are they waiting for? They've had close to 2 weeks now to work out any issues with the servers and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    Just a FYI hopefully it's good news their doing extended maintenance on pokemon games according to nintendos status page

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Just a FYI hopefully it's good news their doing extended maintenance on pokemon games according to nintendos status page

Sad to say, but I have serious doubt its for the PokeBank.

From Nintendo's site:

From Monday, January 6, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Monday, January 6, 2014 6:00 PM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:
    Nintendo 3DS
    - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y

*During the extended maintenance, parts of the affected services
    may be intermittently unavailable.

The maintenance is for in game updates only from what it shows. PokeBank is not part of the Pokemon games in any way. Its a separate feature that exists on its own. So its not something that would be part of this maintenance.

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • It's pretty safe to say that whether or not they announce it, they're likely working on the Bank and whatever preliminary issues they discovered during the server crash. I'd call the lucky few who were able to download the software "beta testers".

I have no doubt that Nintendo is trying to get the Bank up as quickly as possible.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • It's never coming. NINTENDO I LOVE YOU SOMETIME BUT I HATE THEM RIGHT NOW.

I wouldn't say it's not coming. Just not soon. Or maybe it will be soon, who knows with Nintendo. I know this happened before. Flipnote Studio 3D was supposed to come out n Europe and America sometime in August 2013, but was suspended due to the "unexpectedly high" usage of online service in Japan. Though now it's January 2014 and it's not out yet. Though with this I don't think they will never release it. This is a thing that's tied in with one of their most selling franchises so in order to get the most gain off their product, I think they're working hard to get it up asap. People just need more patience.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I wouldn't say it's not coming. Just not soon. Or maybe it will be soon, who knows with Nintendo. I know this happened before. Flipnote Studio 3D was supposed to come out n Europe and America sometime in August 2013, but was suspended due to the "unexpectedly high" usage of online service in Japan. Though now it's January 2014 and it's not out yet. Though with this I don't think they will never release it. This is a thing that's tied in with one of their most selling franchises so in order to get the most gain off their product, I think they're working hard to get it up asap. People just need more patience.
    Look at his username that should tell you everything that you should know about his post. :P

Pokebank will come out and as soon as it does, everything will be great. Too bad that I won't have as much time then as I have right now to use it to it's full extent...

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Nintendo said they're working on it, fixing stuff and doing tests, they things they should have been doing before promising it in Dec.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Nintendo said they're working on it, fixing stuff and doing tests, they things they should have been doing before promising it in Dec.

it's impossible to test how millions of users' use of a particular online system until milllions of users use said particular online system. You can't test how something is going to function until it actually gets used by people.

Years
  • it's impossible to test how millions of users' use of a particular online system until milllions of users use said particular online system. You can't test how something is going to function until it actually gets used by people.
    they should just release it because no mater what it going get hit hard and have the same problem like before.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I want PokeBank already :(
    I'm trying to catch 'em all... again.

I just hope they figure something out with the server.
    I mean, PSN and Xbox Live have both experienced server troubles especially when they were first started.
    I'm sure PB will be fine ;o
    I'd rather it come out ready than get released prematurely.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I want PokeBank already :(
    I'm trying to catch 'em all... again.

I just hope they figure something out with the server.
    I mean, PSN and Xbox Live have both experienced server troubles especially when they were first started.
    I'm sure PB will be fine ;o
    I'd rather it come out ready than get released prematurely.

Well do you want YOUR pokemon or do you just want the pokemon? because EVERYTHING has been available on the GTS since the 24th, so you can catch them all right now, even most of the legendaries if you have something good enough to trade.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    it's impossible to test how millions of users' use of a particular online system until milllions of users use said particular online system. You can't test how something is going to function until it actually gets used by people.

funny how Mircosoft and Sony can launch something that millions of people use and not have the problems that nintendo is having

Back