• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I guess what I'm saying is Nintendo is taunting us by allowing the few who already had it downloaded to still use it. Nintendo put such emphasis to not allow any player to get a head start. Pokemon X/Y were the first mainstream games released internationally on the same day, and more importantly they had a period of time where you'd NOT be able to transfer your old pokemon because they wanted to feel nobody had a better chance than somebody else. They did so well up until the delay.

Just want to point out that copies of XY were sold as early as a week before official release, so making the point that no one is ahead of anyone else is null and void. Sure, that wasn't their intention, but it happened and people still had the games before others because of it.

Also, I don't know about you, but I'd rather those that have it be able to keep it. Why should they be punished for getting it? Doesn't make sense to me. Plus, how else do you think people would be getting those Pokemon that require a transfer? I'd rather some people be getting them and sending them out on GTS and Wonder Trade than nobody having Bank and no one being able to get those Pokemon and complete their Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    Out of curiosity, I just picked up my old GBA-SP and looked through my old Ruby, Firered and Emerald cartridges, feeling all nostalgic. Then I felt kinda sad for all the Pokémans inside those games that I hadn't touched upon for many years, one of which I had almost finished the entire Pokédex in with the exception of a few legendaries.
    With that, I suddenly felt the urge to actually buy a Gen 4 game, a Gen 5 game and then when (and if, I guess) this Pokébank thing comes out, transfer all those old pokés through all these games and into my Pokémon X game, just so they won't rot away and eventually die with the cartridge once that much time has passed.

I think that'd be absolutley glorious.

I got back into Pokemon just over the summer and wanted to replay Emerald with a friend. My file had a mew I got from that ToysRus giveaway back in like 2005 or 2006. Unfortunately I had no idea you could transfer it to the ds games and then use pokebank to get it to X and Y and ended up starting a new game. Worst decision of my life...

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    As a Nintendo fan for all my life, I am extremely disappointed about this whole situation. The only time I've ever been unhappy with anything Nintendo has done. I still can't believe we don't even have an estimated time of release yet.

Years
  • Apparently Nintendo has claimed the new release date for pokebank will be announced today, I hope so much this is not false, and we know when we will be getting it finally. :)

Years
  • I really hope that is the case. I have been searching pokebank on google news and the only place that speaks of Nintendo possibly giving a date today is a christian news website. I haven't found any other reference then that :-/

Years
  • I really hope that is the case. I have been searching pokebank on google news and the only place that speaks of Nintendo possibly giving a date today is a christian news website. I haven't found any other reference then that :-/

That's the only one I saw, too. :/ I'm hoping it's real but I wish they would have stated where they got that information, if it's false I'm gonna be so disappointed lol. Guess we will see today if they announce or not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Eh, I'd rather wait till the Pokémon Bank is stable so my Pokémon, that I've collected over the years will be safe on there and not get deleted. The wait doesn't exactly bother me that much.

Years
  • Eh, I'd rather wait till the Pokémon Bank is stable so my Pokémon, that I've collected over the years will be safe on there and not get deleted. The wait doesn't exactly bother me that much.
    it been stable from the begining it just the download it self that had problems.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    it been stable from the begining it just the download it self that had problems.

There is no way the only problem with the Pokémon Bank is just the download. It wouldn't of been delayed for two months (if the Feb 27th released date is true) if it was just the download aspect that wasn't functioning properly. There has to be some more serious internal issues for it to be delayed this long.

Years
  • There is no way the only problem with the Pokémon Bank is just the download. It wouldn't of been delayed for two months (if the Feb 27th released date is true) if it was just the download aspect that wasn't functioning properly. There has to be some more serious internal issues for it to be delayed this long.
    how come japan user use it smoothly with out a problem

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • how come japan user use it smoothly with out a problem

They don't. Pokemon Bank isn't available anywhere, including Japan.

I'm just now starting to realize how ridiculous this all is. If this were just due to an "unforseen" overflow of users, this would have been at most a 3 day fix. Or at the very least a tangible release date. But that fact that it's been 3 weeks, and still no release date tells me something else is up. Did the server explode or something??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017

They're not, LOL. Hence why it was removed. Only a few people have access to it at the moment. This is more than likely why the very small number of people who have access to it aren't experiencing any problems.

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Wow. People are straight trolling. I just read Feb. 29th as the release date, and it isn't even a leap year!

Supposedly Nintendo is going to announce some official news today, maybe we'll find out what's going on!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • They're not, LOL. Hence why it was removed. Only a few people have access to it at the moment. This is more than likely why the very small number of people who have access to it aren't experiencing any problems.

Really? I didn't think anybody had access to it. Who are these lucky few?

Wow. People are straight trolling. I just read Feb. 29th as the release date, and it isn't even a leap year!

Supposedly Nintendo is going to announce some official news today, maybe we'll find out what's going on!

Woooow lmao! And people actually took this rumor seriously (me included). I wouldn't hold my breath for the "official news". I'm betting it's just going to be another "we're working on it".

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

For a very short time (as short as the 25th to the 26th), the Pokebank was available for sell on the 3DS store. That was when the flooding caused the system to crash, but before that happened a lot of copies were downloaded. Those who managed to download it have a working copy of the Pokebank at their disposal.

They don't. Pokemon Bank isn't available anywhere, including Japan.

I'm just now starting to realize how ridiculous this all is. If this were just due to an "unforseen" overflow of users, this would have been at most a 3 day fix. Or at the very least a tangible release date. But that fact that it's been 3 weeks, and still no release date tells me something else is up. Did the server explode or something??

It WAS available in Japan and a large amount of people DO have working copies of the Pokebank. As for what is wrong, the most plausible case is they are rebuilding the server structure to handle more traffic.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    As for what is wrong, the most plausible case is they are rebuilding the server structure to handle more traffic.

You know roughly how long that kind of thing takes? I can't say I know a lot about servers.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • You know roughly how long that kind of thing takes? I can't say I know a lot about servers.

I know a bit about them, and it seems odd that it would take this long. And what adds up even less is that it's taken them so long to give a release date. Generally when you know what the problem is, you can make a tangible estimate of how long it will take to repair it. So given that they knew the problem was a server overload, I would think they'd have an estimate of when it would be ready. But of course, it could just be that they don't want to risk getting the release date wrong again, which is (somewhat) understandable.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I know a bit about them, and it seems odd that it would take this long. And what adds up even less is that it's taken them so long to give a release date. Generally when you know what the problem is, you can make a tangible estimate of how long it will take to repair it. So given that they knew the problem was a server overload, I would think they'd have an estimate of when it would be ready. But of course, it could just be that they don't want to risk getting the release date wrong again, which is (somewhat) understandable.

If it were just a server overload it would have taken them anywhere between one or two weeks like I originally estimated. It could be more than that though. If its new servers they could be stress testing which can take as long as the companies feel entitled to use just to ensure they have stability.

Last time I've seen a company do a full server update while still having the servers up it took 2 to 3 months. This was with a company that was experienced at handling online interactions since that has been their major marketing platform. All they happened to do was update the server's memory capacity and security due to a severe hacking. Nintendo who is not used to this could take that long if not longer.

I'm quite used to seeing server downtimes like these from major companies.

Back