• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    Yeah, this may be the case, but it probably isn't. If it was me, I'd treat this like an "Official Announcement" similar to when they announced Pokebank was re-released in Japan. Also, this is indeed their first announcement of the day to mention Pokebank's release in EU. Therefore, I don't see it being release later today. Maybe tomorrow, but Thursday seems logical, as it is apparently the day the eShop gets updated. Also, it doesn't say they are releasing Pokebank right now, it just mentioned that Pokebank has been released in some countries, not that they're currently working on it.

actually they mentioned Europe when they said where it was announced today on the official Pokemon twitter page

does anyone know when the European, australian, japanese and korean eshops update for games every week? do you think they release pokebank on those days? if so that might be the case for the U.S.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I don't see how it's hyperbole saying that they left out the western hemisphere.

Yeah, I mean, saying that Nintendo are giving the middle finger to North America just because they didn't get Pokémon Bank on the same day as Europe did sounds very reasonable to me!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Now I'll totally be sad if I don't wake up tomorrow without Pokebank waiting on me! lol It's normal for Japan to get things before America, but now it's just like American players tongues are drooling since not only does Japan have it, but Europe and Australia.

Guess I'll hop back to gen V to get my stuff ready for transferring in anticipation. :)

Years
  • Now I'll totally be sad if I don't wake up tomorrow without Pokebank waiting on me! lol It's normal for Japan to get things before America, but now it's just like American players tongues are drooling since not only does Japan have it, but Europe and Australia.

Guess I'll hop back to gen V to get my stuff ready for transferring in anticipation. :)

if your on the east their a higher chance it will bet at noon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    So I've just loaded up Black and noticed a lack of Pokemon. I then loaded up HeartGold and found a goldmine of pokemon sitting in the boxes. Is it confirmed that I'll have to transfer each pokemon 1 by 1 from HG to Black before I can upload them to the bank for X/Y?

If so, this is going to be a painful process! ><

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, I feel ya. I'm not a big fan of the transfer method from gen IV to V. That game can take a while to get a handle on. Even with the wait we've had with Pokebank, at least we won't have to throw Pokeballs at our own Pokemon again and we can mass move. Big plus!

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • Um question.
    did pokemon again fail at blocking hacked pokemon?
    cause in my black 2 game, I really wanted a Chikorita. so I got 1 off of Pokecheck.org (Sorry. love Chikoritas to much)
    then while I was transferring all my pokemon to my Y game, I accidently transferred the same Chikorita. and it turned out alright in my Pokemon Y PC box :\
    I'm really confused.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Um question.
    did pokemon again fail at blocking hacked pokemon?
    cause in my black 2 game, I really wanted a Chikorita. so I got 1 off of Pokecheck.org (Sorry. love Chikoritas to much)
    then while I was transferring all my pokemon to my Y game, I accidently transferred the same Chikorita. and it turned out alright in my Pokemon Y PC box :\
    I'm really confused.
    Not all Pokemon on Pokecheck where hacked in the first place, many of them where caught ingame legitemately and then transfered to Pokecheck in order for Backups and stuff. But you are right with hacked Pokemon. I've tested it on one that I made myself using Pokegen and it got through easily (probably because I tried to make it as legal as possible).
    There will never be a hackcheck that blocks them all, because as such checks improve so do hackers and their methods.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • My face is exploding from the anticipation.

Not to mention I'm already worked up by various varieties of stupid people for various reasons already. I should probably take a chill pill before I get a full blown ****myself attack.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    It seems I can't connect to the Pokemon Bank server since last night. I used it once to get the Celebi, but now that I want to use the Transporter an error occura everytime it tries to communicate with the server. Anybody have this happen or have any advice on why?

Years
  • It seems I can't connect to the Pokemon Bank server since last night. I used it once to get the Celebi, but now that I want to use the Transporter an error occura everytime it tries to communicate with the server. Anybody have this happen or have any advice on why?

I just used both Poke Transporter and Bank and they are working. Maybe you should try again now?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I just used both Poke Transporter and Bank and they are working. Maybe you should try again now?

I'll try again in half an hour, have to do some work today. Maybe it's just cause I'm from a s****y country and Nintendo doesn't like me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    does anyone knows if i can put my pokes on pokebank, restart my pokemon x, and get all the pokes again without problems?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    does anyone knows if i can put my pokes on pokebank, restart my pokemon x, and get all the pokes again without problems?

In theory, yes, you should be able to get them back. Haven't tried the app in-person though, so I can't exactly confirm it. :P As SamStyle said, you might need to get your hands on National Dex before you're able to do this sort of things.

Back