• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Does anyone have a compiled list of Pokémon that they could not send?

Also check everything on the Pokémon. You still cannot transfer HM'd Pokémon. If they have HMs on them they have to be deleted to be transferred. Some may not allow you to send special event Pokémon if there are specific moves on them. Which kinda sucks cause you'd have to delete that move.

I'll attempt to see what I can and cannot transfer when I get the app later tonight.

Also it may or may not accept some Cloned Pokémon. If you have a cloned novelty Pokémon (one from the events) it may not allow you to transfer. Its the only thing I can think of.

That might not be true. I've managed to transfer many Pokemon which know HM moves from Generation V into X.

As for savegame corruption... I thought that every time the game was saved a backup was made in case of corruption. I certainly seem to remember this happening in Generation III games and I may have seen it in Generation IV.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    If that's the case I'd be suspicious of the Charizard and Dratini from the breeder. But if I'm reading you correctly, everything else you caught yourself? Or are they all from trades?

theyre all from trades because i never knew about the distributions when i was a kid -_-

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Any Arceus caught through the Azure Flute event won't make it through as Nintendo never distributed it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    My First Box of Monster Traded!

You do you get Celebii?

Access the Bank again, and Bridgette should give you a Celebi. Then start up your X/Y and select "Link". The Celebi will be trasnferred to one of your boxes.

yes but i just realized that someone traded me a giritina and it is a level 1 giratina. how did that get through since you cant get a level 1 legendary in game?

It's possible to get level 1 Giratinas, Palkias, and Dialgas from the Sinjoh Ruins in-game event. So that Giratina is probably not hacked.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    Regirock, regice, registeel, arceus, shaymin. shiny charizard and shiny dragonite.

also a level 1 giratina got through which is weird since you cant get a level 1 legendary in game

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Regirock, regice, registeel, arceus, shaymin. shiny charizard and shiny dragonite.

also a level 1 giratina got through which is weird since you cant get a level 1 legendary in game

The level 1 Giratina (and level 1 Dialga and Palkia) are legit because they were the Tohjo Ruins events in HeartGold/SoulSilver, which require an Arceus to access. Level 1 Regigigas can also be encountered in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What DID Make it through: (for me)

- Event Sinnoh Arceus (OT: Tru No: 11079)
    - Event Unova Victini (OT: Movie14 No: 12031)
    - Hoenn Region Rayquaza (Non event presumed by OT)
    - Unova 5IV Dialga (Non event)
    - Unova Dreamworld Palkia (non event)
    - Unova Dreamworld Giratina (non event)
    - Sinnoh Heatran (non event)
    - Japanese Shiny 6IV Darkrai (non event presumed by OT and no event ribbon)
    - English shiny 6IV Darkrai (non event presumed by OT and no event ribbon)

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    About the Pokebank corruption scare; it's fake. This'll explain why.

"It was confirmed that 4chan made this up/faked it with the purpose of scaring Reddit simply by removing a cartridge while it was saving. Pokebank wasn't involved at all. I'm gonna try and find the source I read, but I'm at sixth form which - naturally - blocks both sites."

Does anyone have a compiled list of Pokémon that they could not send?

Also check everything on the Pokémon. You still cannot transfer HM'd Pokémon. If they have HMs on them they have to be deleted to be transferred. Some may not allow you to send special event Pokémon if there are specific moves on them. Which kinda sucks cause you'd have to delete that move.

I'll attempt to see what I can and cannot transfer when I get the app later tonight.

Also it may or may not accept some Cloned Pokémon. If you have a cloned novelty Pokémon (one from the events) it may not allow you to transfer. Its the only thing I can think of.

I just sent Braivary, Samurott, and Swampert, which all have Fly, Surf and Waterfall respectively, safely to my copy of X without any issues.

And by 'special event Pokemon' you mean the legendary shiny beasts? Because I transferred them over with those special moves too.

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
    -if you hacked to get an event item required for a legendary Pokemon, that Pokemon will not make it through

The last one is the one I find strange. I tried to transport an Arceus and a Darkrai up. Both are the ones you can get in the game itself. I had used an Action Replay to get the Azure Flute and the Hotel Key or whatever it is. I'm not sure how the game would know that I hacked the items when the Pokemon are the ones in the games' programming

Dang. I'm not really for or against hacked pokemon, since I don't really battle people online, but the only one I was planning to hack for would have been Mew from Emerald. I remember using AR to get the boat ticket to visit the island with Mew on it. I was expecting that Mew would pass the pokebank hack-check since you don't have to hack the pokemon but the item itself. Thanks for the heads up! Now I know not to waste my time trying to get Mew.

So endlessly happy that the bank is out. I woke up and saw the message from Nintendo, and my eyes lit up like a small child on Christmas.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    Dang. I'm not really for or against hacked pokemon, since I don't really battle people online, but the only one I was planning to hack for would have been Mew from Emerald. I remember using AR to get the boat ticket to visit the island with Mew on it. I was expecting that Mew would pass the pokebank hack-check since you don't have to hack the pokemon but the item itself. Thanks for the heads up! Now I know not to waste my time trying to get Mew.

So endlessly happy that the bank is out. I woke up and saw the message from Nintendo, and my eyes lit up like a small child on Christmas.

so did I! i was so excited i forgot to brush my teeth and eat breakfast!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Anyone know if it's possible to have Kyurem Black and white in the same game? Like if you had two Kyurems and a Reshiram and Zekrom and used the DNA splicer on each of the Kyurems and merged one with one and the other with the other?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    Anyone know if it's possible to have Kyurem Black and white in the same game? Like if you had two Kyurems and a Reshiram and Zekrom and used the DNA splicer on each of the Kyurems and merged one with one and the other with the other?

i would assume that you can since the DNA splicers aren't an item that a pokemon holds. like the EXP share now. so if you had 2 kyurems im sure it would assume you can have both black and white kyurem

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Really? I didn't have any problems when sending 3 boxes of Pokemon from my black 2 to my Y.

Also, my contribution to what can and can't make it through the hack check:

-Pokemon created using Pokegen or whatever will make it through, provided they have legit stats, abilities, and moves
    -Pokemon who's IVs have been altered by an Action Replay will make it through
    -if you hacked to get an event item required for a legendary Pokemon, that Pokemon will not make it through

The last one is the one I find strange. I tried to transport an Arceus and a Darkrai up. Both are the ones you can get in the game itself. I had used an Action Replay to get the Azure Flute and the Hotel Key or whatever it is. I'm not sure how the game would know that I hacked the items when the Pokemon are the ones in the games' programming

Bizarre, I transferred my Darkrai across just fine and that was through an AR'd item. Wouldnt know about Arceus because the one I transferred was the Dream World Arceus.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

No it is not possible to have both in one game without hacking. The DNA splicer can only be used once at a time. if you use it to fuse to Kyurem Black, you cannot use again to fuse a second Kyurem to Kyurem White. Instead it forces Kyurem Black to split apart. That's how it was designed.

@Oshawottlover. DNA Splicers has always been a Key Item. It was never a Hold Item.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've transferred over 100 pokemon (including event/WiFi pokemon of all kinds) now and none of them were rejected. It seems there's only a few specific restrictions at play.

Back