• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I've never needed more than the 30 boxes provided, and it's really only useful for swaping between games. I suppose there will be more give aways but 8 bucks a month... Idk man, K MIGHT, maybe.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Don't know if it's been asked already, but does region lock matter when using the Bank? I have a Japanese White and a North American 3DS. I'd hate to have to trade my stuff to Black just to transfer it. It's already bad enough I can't use Pokecheck to clone because the Lite and my wifi don't get along. Thanks in advance!

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I've never needed more than the 30 boxes provided, and it's really only useful for swaping between games. I suppose there will be more give aways but 8 bucks a month... Idk man, K MIGHT, maybe.

what's 8 bucks a month?.....

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I still have yet to download it... I'm going to wait a while for any bugs to iron themselves out. plus, I have other stuff I need to do beforehand.

it's 5 dollars a YEAR. ;)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Don't know if it's been asked already, but does region lock matter when using the Bank? I have a Japanese White and a North American 3DS. I'd hate to have to trade my stuff to Black just to transfer it. It's already bad enough I can't use Pokecheck to clone because the Lite and my wifi don't get along. Thanks in advance!
    Nope, I was able to transfer from my Japanese Black 2 and White (1), you won't be able to play them on your 3DS due to the DSi enhanced features. But, you can use it with Bank, no problem.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That's great to hear! Saves me SO much trouble. :) Now, the tough choice: which of my five shiny Petilil gets to come to Kalos? lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2015
    Finally this thing is out, couldn't wait any longer to get it lol.
    I had a couple of problems with Pokétransfer when I tried to transfer some mons from B2 to X. I transferred two groups (oh, and BTW, what's the deal of being able to transfer only Box 1 from B/W B2/W2? is there any way to browse boxes?) and the third time an error occurred: code error 006 - 0501. I'm from Europe (Italy) and I was wondering if any of you had experienced my problem.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

This might not be applicable to you because I don't know where you live, but in North Ameica it's not $8 a month, it's $5 a YEAR

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    ok, i just transferred some pokemon from b2 to x...how do i get my celebii?

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • ok, i just transferred some pokemon from b2 to x...how do i get my celebii?

What I did was exit out of Pokémon Bank and then boot it up again later. Bridgette gave me my Celebi right after I did that. You may have to collect your Pokémiles or BP via Pokémon Link beforehand, though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    Pokebank and Illegal Pokemon

This is more of a discussion topic. I am looking to get a sense of what your feelings of Pokebank and Illegal Pokemon are.

I didn't see anything against the rules about this type of thread, but if I do break any rules, please kindly let me know.

I had heard about a program that allows you to create "hacked" Pokemon a couple of days ago. In the past, I have used Action Replay devices, and an old school "brain boy" (it was an on-console Pokemon Editor for Pokemon Gold and Silver"). So, I did some research, tinkered with the tool a bit, and was able to create a "legit" Shiny Ditto with Perfect IVs (31/31/31/31/31/31). Curious about it's limitations, I did some further testing, and was able to get it into Pokemon Y. I quickly deleted the Pokemon, as I had no use for it, but this brought up an interesting thought.

With the new breeding mechanics, and super training abilities introduced in Pokemon Y, how do you think a potential influx of Illegal, but perfectly valid Pokemon (no obscene move sets, etc) will influence the use of the GTS, Wondertrade, Battlespot, and things of the like?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    What I did was exit out of Pokémon Bank and then boot it up again later. Bridgette gave me my Celebi right after I did that. You may have to collect your Pokémiles or BP via Pokémon Link beforehand, though.

got a gentle natured one...that was disappointing.:(
    for future reference, was there anything i could have done to get a better nature?

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't know. Since the Celebi gets put right in your in-game boxes, I don't think you can soft reset for a better nature. The only thing I'd think you could do is just ask around and offer it up in trade for a one with a better nature.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Honestly, I don't know. Since the Celebi gets put right in your in-game boxes, I don't think you can soft reset for a better nature. The only thing I'd think you could do is just ask around and offer it up in trade for a one with a better nature.

-.- sigh
    i cant put it in the gts...it says "it's a special pokemon, you can't trade it".

if this doesnt unlock some kind of in-game event like the celebi on my SS, i'm gonna be mad.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    -.- sigh
    i cant put it in the gts...it says "it's a special pokemon, you can't trade it".

if this doesnt unlock some kind of in-game event like the celebi on my SS, i'm gonna be mad.

All event Pokemon are barred from being traded on the GTS for probably no good reason. Your best bet is to try trading it in the Trade Plaza.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    I agree with that statement. What I'm more concerned about is people who create valid, but hacked pokemon, and distribute them. Take for example the 6IV shiny ditto I hacked. If I had a box full, and brought them to Pokemon Y, and went to the GTS, I could get some very nice pokemon, and they would get an Illegal Pokemon. They would be essentially indistinguishable from any other Pokemon (Pokecheck found nothing wrong with it, even the official Nintendo server didn't). If this is the case, imagine that happening to Legendaries.

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
  • Actually, it IS happening with legendaries. Earlier today I was hunting on the GTS for an easy-peasy Dialga. Sure enough, I saw a Level 1 Shiny Dialga labelled "SUPER-DUPER-PERFECT" or something like that. I didn't go for it, since it was hacked and was asking for a Darkrai (something noone has for some reason...) but yeah. Servers are acting a little fishy if that got the A-OK.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I'm so tempted myself to use a cheat and get myself a couple of Shiny Eevees in Soulsilver, then transfer them to Black 2 and then X. . . Because when I think about it, some of my Shiny Pokemon that I've got from trades in Black are probably hacked. They SEEM legit, but since I don't really know if they're hacked, I can't be sure. Pokebank thinks they're legit. . . So I just love them as much as I would love any Shiny Pokemon I caught myself.
    I guess it all comes down to, what the hacked Pokemon is and what it's being traded for, and if the person getting the hacked Pokemon knows it's hacked. . . Hopefully they wouldn't trade something super super special for the hacked Pokemon and then realize it was hacked. =w=

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I've seen hacked Pokémon, too. Level 5 Jirachi on GTS and in trades caught in a Master Ball. Hopefully, patches will be added soon to eliminate the ability to transfer hacked Pokémon.

Back