• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • DARN DARN DARN!

I spent I transferred a Moxie Krockorock with 4IVs today. The nickname was removed!!!

The name was "Lass Russo" The filler must have seen "L+a-s-s". I'm aware that this happens, it is just so annoying.

Last edited:

Shhmew

Years
  • DARN DARN DARN!

I spent I transferred a Moxie Krockorock with 4IVs today. The nickname was removed!!!

The name was "Lass Russo" The filler must have seen "L+a-s-s". I'm aware that this happens, it is just so annoying.
    Geez, the username filter is so overzealous. There's been soo much I haven't been able to name my pokemon because they happened to contain an inappropriate word in there somewhere. I understand the reasoning behind it though, I mean it's easier to trade your pokes around these days, with wonder trade and stuff. Must protect the children! ;P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Not sure if this had been answered before, but what happens when your Bank expiries and you still have Pokémon in it? I've heard some people say that they get deleted; is this actually true?

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Excuse me if it has already been answered, but does your PokéBank save when you restart your game in X or Y? If not, people could do this: Put your Xearneas or Yveltal in the bank. Start a new game. Catch Xerneas or Yveltal. Repeat. I know this is a fairly long way to do it, but I've heard of people clear in clearing the game in about thirty minutes. So, can you reset you game with your bank saving?

Years
  • Excuse me if it has already been answered, but does your PokéBank save when you restart your game in X or Y? If not, people could do this: Put your Xearneas or Yveltal in the bank. Start a new game. Catch Xerneas or Yveltal. Repeat. I know this is a fairly long way to do it, but I've heard of people clear in clearing the game in about thirty minutes. So, can you reset you game with your bank saving?

I used bank to help me restart my game without losing my pokemon. So if you are asking if you restart your game, will the bank keep your pokemon, the answer is yes! It will! :) I was able to restart my game without losing all of my pokemon. <3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Not sure if this had been answered before, but what happens when your Bank expiries and you still have Pokémon in it? I've heard some people say that they get deleted; is this actually true?
    This was the big question on my mind, and I checked the official FAQ on the official website for Pokemon Bank.

If your trial pass or annual pass expires and you do not purchase a new pass, you can still withdraw your Pokémon from Pokémon Bank for a set period of time. However, once that set period of time ends, any Pokémon remaining in your Pokémon Bank Boxes will be lost. Be sure to withdraw your deposited Pokémon as soon as possible, or purchase a new annual pass.

They aren't releasing any information yet on when that "set period of time" is.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was thinking about something recently.

Would it be possible for downloaded virtual console versions of 3rd, 4th and 5th gen games to be made compatible with pokemon bank? (Direct depositing and withdrawing)

I believe it all just boils down to the save file being edited.

I understand physical versions wouldn't work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I was thinking about something recently.

Would it be possible for downloaded virtual console versions of 3rd, 4th and 5th gen games to be made compatible with pokemon bank? (Direct depositing and withdrawing)

I believe it all just boils down to the save file being edited.

I understand physical versions wouldn't work.

It would not be because they would have to make old games forward compatible (data for pokemon, moves and abilities that appear in later games that weren't in previous games) and would require fundamental code reprogramming and if they don't commit the resources and employees to maek 2 player gameboy games able to be two player on wireless 3DS connected to each other, they're certainly not going to make previous game compatible with pokemon bank.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Has anyone try putting pokemon in pokebank and then starting new game and being able to bring them back into the new game?

That text is rather large....

But yes, you can store your Pokémon in the Bank, restart the game, and then send them back into your game. And this question has been asked a hundred times already...

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • This was the big question on my mind, and I checked the official FAQ on the official website for Pokemon Bank.

They aren't releasing any information yet on when that "set period of time" is.

I heard somewhere that the period of time is 30 days. However, I didn't want to risk it, and just renewed my pass minutes ago (it had one day left until it expired!).

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I love the Pokebank, but I hate the crap that has leaked in with it. It's a valuable tool for me to gather all the mons, but it has really put me off playing online.

This is the first Gen that I've invested any time into breeding to play some online battles. I know there's a lot of people that breed max IV pokemon rather than using Pokegen for them, but I can't help but feel like a significant amount of the people I've battled have illegal Pokemon. I was dead against Pokegen but now I'm leaning towards why bother investing time into breeding when people are blatantly cheating? I may as well just use Pokegen too...

For example: Yesterday while breeding Togepi I was challenged a few times, I accept battles most of the time. I won some, I lost some. No problem... until:

I wound up facing a guy with a team comprised entirely of shinies. Which is fine, I know it's possible. But when their Slowbro was out-speeding my max speed EV/IV Jolly Noivern that I spent 3 weeks breeding, I pretty much gave up wanting to play online. It wasn't using any priority moves, nor was trick room up. Even if my Noivern had 0 speed IVs/EVs and a nature that reduces speed, there should be no way for the Slowbro to out do me in speed. I only saw 3 of his pokemon in battle, the other two were a Blastoise that knew Flamethrower and a Gengar that knew Draco Meteor.

At first I figured this is probably one guy out of only a few that has to cheat, but within an hour of battling this a-hole, I faced off against 2 more teams with Mons that knew moves I know they shouldn't.

sucks...

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I wound up facing a guy with a team comprised entirely of shinies. Which is fine, I know it's possible. But when their Slowbro was out-speeding my max speed EV/IV Jolly Noivern that I spent 3 weeks breeding, I pretty much gave up wanting to play online. It wasn't using any priority moves, nor was trick room up. Even if my Noivern had 0 speed IVs/EVs and a nature that reduces speed, there should be no way for the Slowbro to out do me in speed. I only saw 3 of his pokemon in battle, the other two were a Blastoise that knew Flamethrower and a Gengar that knew Draco Meteor.

Wow, I've never come across anything like that. But then again I tend to stick to Battle Spot. Game Freak have actually been very good at keeping out major hacks like those in this generation, to such a degree that this is the first I've heard of any being used online. They should never have even got through the Poke Transporter, I just hope Battle Spot manages to block them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Wow, I've never come across anything like that. But then again I tend to stick to Battle Spot. Game Freak have actually been very good at keeping out major hacks like those in this generation, to such a degree that this is the first I've heard of any being used online. They should never have even got through the Poke Transporter, I just hope Battle Spot manages to block them.

I battle on Battlespot all of the time... and am currently rank 78 U.S in ranking battles. (Not saying it means a lot, but I've done my fair share of battles is what I'm saying)

I came across at least one hack in my experiences on the Rating battles, which was a Machamp with Dynamic Punch. That thing's speed was ridiculous. It pretty much one shot my entire team and managed to outspeed my flawless max speed Jolly Kangaskhan which was ALREADY in mega form before Machamp came out. Therefore my base speed was 100, and if he was maxed out in speed EVs and (assuming he had a choice scarf) his max speed would be around 80...

This is my only -known- experience with hacked pokemon in Battle Spot Rated battles, but it goes to show that it IS possible to sneak hacks in there somehow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I battle on Battlespot all of the time... and am currently rank 78 U.S in ranking battles. (Not saying it means a lot, but I've done my fair share of battles is what I'm saying)

I came across at least one hack in my experiences on the Rating battles, which was a Machamp with Dynamic Punch. That thing's speed was ridiculous. It pretty much one shot my entire team and managed to outspeed my flawless max speed Jolly Kangaskhan which was ALREADY in mega form before Machamp came out. Therefore my base speed was 100, and if he was maxed out in speed EVs and (assuming he had a choice band) his max speed would be around 80...

This is my only -known- experience with hacked pokemon in Battle Spot Rated battles, but it goes to show that it IS possible to sneak hacks in there somehow.

Yeah, those hacked pokemon who come out with moves they learn while levelling up...! What will the hackers think of next? ;-) https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/068.shtml

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday

I came across at least one hack in my experiences on the Rating battles, which was a Machamp with Dynamic Punch. That thing's speed was ridiculous. It pretty much one shot my entire team and managed to outspeed my flawless max speed Jolly Kangaskhan which was ALREADY in mega form before Machamp came out. Therefore my base speed was 100, and if he was maxed out in speed EVs and (assuming he had a choice band) his max speed would be around 80...

Maybe it was Scarfed instead of Banded? Then it could outspeed you. And Machamp learns Dynamic Punch via level up, btw.

Back