• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black and White Sneak-Peek tins

Chlobo-Jester

TCG Collector
Years
  • Pokemon Black and White Sneek-Peek Tins

Pokemon Black and White Sneak-Peek tins

Have you guys seen these? Anyone brought any? What do you think?

I've got the Snivy and Tepig one, and I'll pick up a Oshawott one and do an unopening video sometime.

They come with a Platinum Booster, a HGSS Booster and Two CoL Boosters.

But most importantly: It also comes with a Promo of the BW Starters (BW01, BW02 or BW03) and 5 sneak peek cards from the next expansion. It also comes with a nice little figurine for you to look at en enjoy. :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    That's exciting that you got some, they seem to be released sooner in Europe than in North America this time around. Pretty sure we aren't getting them until next month. The most interesting part about this set, I think, is that for the first time the English versions of cards will take after the Japanese set in terms of set order. In Japan, the cards are organized by type while here they are ordered by rarity and then alphabetically within common, uncommon, rare, and holo. From what I gather, they will be ordered by type this time, like in Japan.

Chlobo-Jester

TCG Collector
    Years
  • To be honest, I think the release date at the shop I went to had messed up, since I've only ever seen the tins in the one shop.

Also, I'm not too sure about the ordering of the cards. The 5 sneek-peek cards I got seem to be pretty low numbered, but it could just be a coincidence that the card numbers happen to be low.

These are the sneek-peek cards you get in the tin, notice how close some of the types are
    Spoiler:

Chlobo-Jester

TCG Collector
    Years
  • Can I have a picture of the figure compared to a Lego Minifigure please?
    If your asking why just go to my Youtube page:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx?feature=mhum

Sorry, I didn't have a lego person to compare too, but I compared to some average objects like pokemon yellow, SD Card and the original pikachu figure.

Hope it helps:

Spoiler:

I also made this unopening video, although it's more on the silly side it does give a good idea of what's in the tins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09lYigCxvg8

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Hmm maybe it isn't organized by element type, the report I read just said "type", but it could have been referring to rarity type I guess. All I really know about it is that the set order is going to be different from years past, and that it is following the Japanese set to an extent. We'll have to wait until the set is released to see.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • OMG.. I so want the Oshawott & Snivy tin. They look so AWESOME! But don't they have other B/W cards in them? Just the starters?

Years
  • I can't wait for those tins to arrive in stores.

And I think the figures that come with the TCG are a little on the larger side compared to Lego people, no matter which Pokemon it is.

I actually saw some in Target today and grabbed one of each. It seems to be Platinum: Supreme Victors boosters in the tins, not Platinum boosters. Well, at least my three tins each had a SV booster.

OMG.. I so want the Oshawott & Snivy tin. They look so AWESOME! But don't they have other B/W cards in them? Just the starters?

They have a sample pack of 5 commons (the ones Chlobo Jester listed in one of his earlier posts are the cards in the pack. No exceptions, unfortunately). The other cards in them are cards from recent sets, but no other Black and White Pokemon yet. I think the set isn't due out until August. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about when the Black and White set comes out.

Chlobo-Jester

TCG Collector
    Years
  • It seems to be Platinum: Supreme Victors boosters in the tins, not Platinum boosters. Well, at least my three tins each had a SV booster.

I think the set isn't due out until August. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about when the Black and White set comes out.

I thought the two other boosters other than CoL were random, I've got two different packs most of the time. It states something like that at the back of the tin...

Also, I heard that the Black and White set were out in April-May time.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    For America, the tins are out. They had a street date of the 9th. Seems to be a problem with keeping them in stock that makes people think they're not out yet.

Also, they really are going by the Japanese numbering. The three starter Pokemon cards have been leaked, and Snivy's #1, Tepig's #15, and Oshawott's #27.

The thing I find interesting is that there's an extra space between Patrat and Lillipup. We can safely assume that Watchog will take up one of the two openings, but Watchog and Lillipup are right next to each other in the Pokedex. Ergo, we're getting BW promos from Japan in the set. There's a promo Patrat that fills the other slot quite nicely.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I saw a couple openings of these on youtube. It is exciting. I sort of like the little figurines that come with them

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    These are pretty cool, I haven't ever got a tin before tho, they seem more costly for less holos..

Back