• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black + White: Baby Pokemon

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    On this point (if it truly is the case that a Kanga-baby is a Cubone without the skull and bone) then that baby Pokémon should then have two seperate evolution paths.

1. *Baby* --Training w/Bone Staff--> Cubone > Marowak
    2. *Baby* --Training normally--> 2nd bridge evolution > Kangaskhan

But this is all dependent on the reliability of the rumour... and having originated from /b/ weeeeellll....

there's really no point of making it an item hold evo, its not that special/new...unless they up its base stats without a new evo

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Reading on the first page I noticed people saying that Pre-Evo's are for Pokemon who are too big to hatch from a giant egg, but if I understand correctly, the egg 'evolves' in a since into the Pokemon when it is ready (in the animie) or with the in game graphics and such it hatches then 'evolves' from the innards of the egg.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Like other people said Kangaskhan should have a baby form name Kangaskid,
    Carnivine, Delibird, Heracross, should have one
    and even better baby Zangoose and Seviper

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Like other people said Kangaskhan should have a baby form name Kangaskid,
    Carnivine, Delibird, Heracross, should have one
    and even better baby Zangoose and Seviper

as long as they change their base stat higher (better for battle), i'm ok with the babies. if not, then they will be completely pointless. i'd rather have older gens have preevos than evos, they get ugly as hell usually.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Regardless of what othe people say, I would still want to see kangaskid, but the stark truth of the matter is that it's an idea that's 3 generations too late and they probably won't do it. I do agree that Skarmory should get a hummingbird-like prevo, other than that Idk.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • there's really no point of making it an item hold evo, its not that special/new...unless they up its base stats without a new evo

Why does it have to be special or new? It would be a mechanic and it would fit in with the Pokémons' background information. Gen IV introduced a few new hold+trade evolutions... not really special were they?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    there's really no point of making it an item hold evo, its not that special/new...unless they up its base stats without a new evo

They could make it so if it meets the requirements during a battle where Kangaskan faints it goes to Cubone

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I heard a guy mention a prevo of lapras. They should definitely do that! I would so catch it

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Why does it have to be special or new? It would be a mechanic and it would fit in with the Pokémons' background information. Gen IV introduced a few new hold+trade evolutions... not really special were they?

they introduced new pokemon. but making a baby kanga evolve into cubone when it holds some item would just not be worth it, unless cubone and marowaks base stats get upped', or if they made a 4th stage evo that had better stats. you will probably just be able to catch a cubone in the wild anyways.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • they introduced new pokemon. but making a baby kanga evolve into cubone when it holds some item would just not be worth it, unless cubone and marowaks base stats get upped', or if they made a 4th stage evo that had better stats. you will probably just be able to catch a cubone in the wild anyways.

Ummm, yup... but still this is an entirely hypothetical situation here... chances are the two will never be connected (and maybe never were). I was simply stipulating.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Please no more baby Pokemon! I find them to be useless and pointless and just a way of appealing to young girls or whatever due to their cute factor.
    It irritates me no end when you fight trainers in the game that use them as they just SUCK.

I also agree with previous posters who feel they should avoid adding to existing evolution lines. It's a new region, supposedly miles away from the previous 4. Why would existing Pokemon have new evolutions that can only be obtained here. Unless they rely on the different climate, I can't see much point tbh.

THIS, PRECISELY. They have no purpose other than to just be there.

what i want to see is a completely new slate. New pokemon .

If anything, give The ruby and sapphire version exclusives an extra evo on top.
    Zangoose, Mawile, lunatone... only that will impress me.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Hey, me again.

I've recently had an idea for the Kangaskan>Cubone idea. It works in the same way as Mantyke's evolution, depending on which Pokemon is in the team.
    Here we go.

Baby Pokemon at Lv. 10 evolves into Cubone, then Marowak.

Baby Pokemon at Lv. 10 with its mother Kangaskan in the party evolves into a Kangaskan.

This way, Kangaskans natural rareness is kept, and there is no need for the complication of increasing/decreasing Kangaskan's or Cubone's stats. It also makes sense as to Cubone's evolution, as it is supposedly loney because it never knew its mother. (The whole dead mother thing is just a technicality)
    Let me know what you guys think. Hell, that's what this threads for.

Last edited:

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • Hey, me again.

I've recently had an idea for the Kangaskan>Cubone idea. It works in the same way as Mantyke's evolution, depending on which Pokemon is in the team.
    Here we go.

Baby Pokemon at Lv. 10 evolves into Cubone, then Marowak.

Baby Pokemon at Lv. 10 with its mother Kangaskan in the party evolves into a Kangaskan.

This way, Kangaskans natural rareness is kept, and there is no need for the complication of increasing/decreasing Kangaskan's or Cubone's stats. It also makes sense as to Cubone's evolution, as it is supposedly loney because it never knew its mother. (The whole dead mother thing is just a technicality)
    Let me know what you guys think. Hell, that's what this threads for.

I personally think it's a great idea, but whether or not Game Freak will do something like that is another question altogether. The idea alone will help fill in some holes and satisfy the supposed intention of the Gen. 1 creators.

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    Kangaskhan definitely needs 2 get a pre-evo. I mean how does kangaskhan lay an egg, then the egg hatches... and BOOM!
    The newly born is fully grown with another baby in it's pouch. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE!
    If they dot make a pre-evo 4 this pokemon, they should at least change the sprites!
    Also, they should include a feature where the pokemon grow bigger and change in body and mind throughout the game based on your care 4 the pokemon.
    Otherwise, pokemon would be brainless tools 4 battling.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • You sir have won the internet. I'm sick and tired of that too. Gen 4 was pretty much an add on. It's sad but GF is losing it's steam. I played some FR today, and I realized how simple Pokemon once was. It's sad but I'm kinda not excited for B&W. I'll stick to Kanto. Call me what you want but I've had enough.

How could you play FR and say "oh this is simple"? Why not just play the originals? Thats simple.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    If we're gonna think of Kangas names, we might as well stay on the theme of Mongolian rulers:

baby: Kubliskhan
    Male: Timurkang

I still believe a baby beetle that can grow into Heracross or Pinsir could work. It could have a nice breeding pool too with moves like Megahorn.

Omnis

Needs to train... A LOT...
    Years
  • Considering that Black and White follows a Yin-Yang motif, I figure that Absol will either get an evo or a baby form (due to being partly based off of the Yin-Yang). And indeed, I would enjoy it :D

Back