• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    On Pokemon Blue, my level 100 Rattata. On my second playthrough I caught him at level 2, then released my starter and never caught another pokemon. Played through the entire game without even evolving him.
    and why are you telling this???

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2012
    Hm.. everything looks very very good. I wish you luck with your work;]

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Well....for those of you that are following this thread, game development still continues. I re-started the Pokegear again (because the old one was glitchy and laggy) and started a new one. What I decided to do, is put the options menu inside the Pokegear, so all the options will be handled there. Instead of options in the main menu will be the Gadget Bag (because I wasn't able to successfully add a sixth pocket) and will have its own unique interface, and way of handling.

So, when I post I usually leave a little screenshot. So for all of you fans, I've been working most recently on the receiving of the starter Pokemon, so this is what I came up with.
    Pokemon Blue Chrome

Now you might think that the bottom screen looks like Raptor's, well I was inspired by Raptor, but I can assure you that the sprites were made by me.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • .....but I can assure you that the sprites were made by me.

The charmander sprite is amazing :P.

Joking aside. It looks really nice. Nice that you added in the front and BACK sprite when picking the pokémon. Doesn't add value as such, but it's a nice addition for me anyways.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • The charmander sprite is amazing :P.

Joking aside. It looks really nice. Nice that you added in the front and BACK sprite when picking the pokémon. Doesn't add value as such, but it's a nice addition for me anyways.

Hahahah......see I had the feeling that someone is going to be funny and say that, so I didn't write "all the sprites are made by me" :P Glad you guys like it. I didn't know much what to do with the top screen, so just to fill up some blank space I added the two sprites and the type.

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
    Years
  • That's really good...I like how you showed both the front and back sprites!
    Hm...that really reminds me of the Pokedex....

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    I'm glad I gave inspiration to you, Luka.
    They look real nice.

V0RT3X

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Nice update again. ( As always ;) )

Nice to see some origanilty at the starter menu. (Back sprites)
    But i wonder: You start with bulbasaur, charmander or squirtle i guess (level 5)
    Once you get in to the jotho region, can you choose again out of the 3 jotho starters ? if yes, What level would they be?

Or can you just catch the starters at a specific area or get them as a gift pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Nice update again. ( As always ;) )

Nice to see some origanilty at the starter menu. (Back sprites)
    But i wonder: You start with bulbasaur, charmander or squirtle i guess (level 5)
    Once you get in to the jotho region, can you choose again out of the 3 jotho starters ? if yes, What level would they be?

Or can you just catch the starters at a specific area or get them as a gift pokemon?

From that I just came up with a brilliant(in my opinion) idea. At the start of each region, the professor of the region could ask you if you want a regional start. If you choose yes, all your previous Pokemon will be sent to your PC and will only be able to be used outside that region. If you select no, you will keep your previous Pokemon on you but opponents will be higher.

What d'you guys think? :)

V0RT3X

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    If you can make something like this: it would be original (no other game has it) and awsome.
    But most of the people just are going to use the first starters and use them all the way. :D
    so persanly i think it would be better if you start with a kantho starter and that you can collect the other starters from an event. for example: prof birch need some help with something and as a reward you'll get mudkip or any other starter at lvl 50

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • From that I just came up with a brilliant(in my opinion) idea. At the start of each region, the professor of the region could ask you if you want a regional start. If you choose yes, all your previous Pokemon will be sent to your PC and will only be able to be used outside that region. If you select no, you will keep your previous Pokemon on you but opponents will be higher.

What d'you guys think? :)

Meh...that's good in theory, but think of it from a developers point of view. I thought about something like that, and the thing with blocking the usage outside of regions would be the easiest part, but think of the 4 regions. There are 4 regions and if I allow the player to choose if they advance or restart, just think of how many different trainer battles I would need to appoint. It's just too much work and hassle for a feature that is not that very significant.

The starters from other regions will be available (of course), they will be gift Pokemon though. I'm not going to be posting any updates to the story, and events. The things I would post would be the features and the game engines. Why not wait for me to finish the game actually, and then you will find out everything. I don't want to post everything about the game here, because what would be the point of playing it. And I won't be that concerned about answering these not-so-important details.

Years
  • If you can make something like this: it would be original (no other game has it) and awsome.
    But most of the people just are going to use the first starters and use them all the way. :D
    so persanly i think it would be better if you start with a kantho starter and that you can collect the other starters from an event. for example: prof birch need some help with something and as a reward you'll get mudkip or any other starter at lvl 50

Or make it like in Emerald where you get a choice between one of the Johto starters at lvl 5. Main emphasis on lvl 5, lvl 50 for a 1st stage Pokemon isn't exactly wanted by most people, me included. Its more suited to Pokemon in their final stage of evolution or legendaries.

V0RT3X

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    It have been a while, and i wonder if their are some problems with the game or is everything going as planned?

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • It have been a while, and i wonder if their are some problems with the game or is everything going as planned?
    I'm sure the game's fine and as far as I know, Luka's hard at work studying for his upcoming exams, so I would assume he's going to be a little bit inactive for a while.

Laters all
    -Novus-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back