• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Chaining Questions

Have you caught a shiny before with or without an pokeradar?

• I have caught a shiny

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • I have not caught a shiny yet

Votes: 81 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm not accusing you of lying, i'm using facts. Those are the ACTUAL released calculations in chaining pokemon, and I've taken college courses on statistics. You can tell me I'm full of bull, but the numbers aren't going to lie. Its way too easy for people to make up information to make themselves look better. You can't prove yourself up against the math.

Dude I'm not meaning to add to the flaming going on, but seriously, I'm sure that the college course on statistics didn't have a section on the randomness in a Pokemon game.

Just because a statistic says something doesn't mean that there aren't other factors to take in hand. There are chances, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will never encounter a shiny until X amount of battles has happened.

The PokeRadar goes on its own randomness, obviously, as the higher your chain goes, the more frequent the shinies that you encounter. I've been watching these forums for some time now, and the two people you're trying to call liars seem extremely trustworthy to me. Maybe not to you.

They aren't the only people who've gotten multiple shinies from chaining. You hear about it alot.

Ok, and the original reason I came to this topic!

I finally got a good chain going!!

I caught a shiny Buizel in a 16 Pokemon chain! Pretty!!

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • Dude I'm not meaning to add to the flaming going on, but seriously, I'm sure that the college course on statistics didn't have a section on the randomness in a Pokemon game.

Just because a statistic says something doesn't mean that there aren't other factors to take in hand. There are chances, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will never encounter a shiny until X amount of battles has happened.

The PokeRadar goes on its own randomness, obviously, as the higher your chain goes, the more frequent the shinies that you encounter. I've been watching these forums for some time now, and the two people you're trying to call liars seem extremely trustworthy to me. Maybe not to you.

They aren't the only people who've gotten multiple shinies from chaining. You hear about it alot.

Ok, and the original reason I came to this topic!

I finally got a good chain going!!

I caught a shiny Buizel in a 16 Pokemon chain! Pretty!!

HAHA thank you Oniko...thats exactly what we have been telling him...he dosn't understand

ThePlaya

Years
  • Well seriously though, think about it, if we went by his statistics, then nobody would trust anyone on this board because we'd all be hackers or cheaters.

true,true...its basically all luck but the more you chain the more of a chance you'll have on getting a shiny(i think).

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    The only shiny I've ever had on a full chain was Shinx at 40.
    My other ones were Ralts at 18, Absol at like 10, and Lickitug at 4 but it wasn't even a shiny patch.
    I suck so much usually.

ThePlaya

Years
  • ha me to.i still can't get a shiny but....i finnaly got up to 40!!!!!!!!:)....but i didnt find a shiny:(...oh well i kept trying and i got better.hopefully next time ill find a shiny.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I Highly doubt you got 7 shiny ponytas in that chain. As I explained and gave an example of before, the best you can get the chances of a shiney down to is 1/200. That means you seeing 8 shiney ponytas would be next to impossible. 1/several billion. No way, no how.

I don't see the logic in this. Once you get 1 shiny, the odds arn't reset there still at 1/200 or whatever your at, at this time. You have a 0.5%(when you get there) chance of getting a shiny everytime the grass rumbles. Now I know the chance of getting 8 isn't great but its still possible.

Anyways, my highest chain is 25 on a Bidoof, no shiny. Only shiny I've ever caught was on the 11th battle of a 12 Floayzel chain.

Years
  • *plays PokeFlute for ThaPlaya to wake up all the shiny Pokemon he's been missin out on*

That would be a strange coincidence if they just randomly started showin up on your game.

ThePlaya

Years
  • *plays PokeFlute for ThaPlaya to wake up all the shiny Pokemon he's been missin out on*

That would be a strange coincidence if they just randomly started showin up on your game.

lol...yup it would be a strange coencidence but it might happend.......nah......i have shinys that i got traded but i never caught one my self...i only have 3 or 4 i forgot.do you have any?

Years
  • I listed in another topic which ones I had... Maybe that was at a different site...

Yep, at another site. A Digimon site at that, LOL!!

<My first shiny NOT INCLUDING THE RED GYARADOS!! was a Butterfree from the National Park game in Silver, then about 2 weeks later I found a shiny Donphan in my Gold version. Crystal Version, I think I had a shiny pidgey, which made me mad at the time.

Sapphire gave me a shiney Pelipper (ugh hate those things). Emerald actually gave me a Shiny Wailmer, I believe. in my Leaf Green I had ran into a shiny Magikarp (excitedly!) and evolved him, sent him to Pearl.

In Pearl, I ran across a shiny Golbat, evolved her to Crobat, and now she's my flyer.

Recently, i was messing around on Leaf Green for no reason and found a shiny Poliwag, which is now a shiny Poliwhirl waiting to be traded so that I can get a shiny Politoed (my favorite of all Pokemon, strangely lol). Just wish his belly wasn't pink.>

There's my list of Shinies!

EDIT :: Yeah that's like 2 weeks old lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Argh yesterday I was sitting pretty on a chain of 40 Gastly and was just resetting the radar a bunch, when walking around for enough steps I didn't pay attention and ran into a patch! Stupid Staravia!

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Ok where does Gastly appear in grass?

And my highest chain was 19 Cubones but it got broke by a bloody Raltz lol

ThePlaya

Years
  • yeah i think so......thats what happend to me once when chaining....i acciedntaly ran into another patch i didnt want to go in:(

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2007
    How do you chain so good.

When I chained I didnt get that far I only got about 8 at the most and got no shinies.

Last edited:

ThePlaya

Years
  • i cant chain that well.....just check out my video in the first page all the way on the top and it teaches you how...its very helpful

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back