• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Chaining Questions

Have you caught a shiny before with or without an pokeradar?

• I have caught a shiny

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • I have not caught a shiny yet

Votes: 81 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Groovie_Serpent

SADSACK
    Years
    Hi i watched my siter blunder into and catch a bibarel and then a meditite in 15 minutes..she was not using pokeradar ..i`m yet to see or catch any shiney`s in any of te pokemon games.

Years
    The larger chain iIhave done was a 24 shinx, and accidentaly my brother defeated teh shiny by touching the screen and using a super-efective atack, I almost kill him, and then a stupid bidoff broke the chain, I was so frustrated

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Gah! Just had a chain of 41 Eevee going and after getting tired of resetting the radar I tried to build up my chain further, stupid Roselia!

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    By the way, I think some details were missed out on that video, so I just thought I'd like to share this with you all! =)
    I've seen some of you complaining about this problem, so I think it's about time you knew what was going on.

Annoyed at the grassy patch remaining quiet?
    Annoyed because your chains break after a battle even though it was with the chained pokemon?

I'll give you all a solution to stop this.

NEVER reset the radar in a patch of grass which is not surrounded by eight other patches of grass. This may cause the grassy patch to remain quiet.

NEVER go into a shaking patch of grass which is not surrounded by eight other patches of grass. This may cause the normal music to play after the battle (meaning the chain broke), even if you got the chained pokemon in that battle.

Here's what I mean:

Pokemon Chaining Questions

(Yeah, that screen shot was the best I could find lol)

I put a red cross on some of the patches of grass which may cause this problem because they are not surrounded by eight other patches of grass, and a blue circle giving examples of patches of grass which won't cause this problem because they have eight patches of grass surrounding them.

Bear in mind that the fewer the number of patches of grass surrounding the patch of grass you are going to use, the higher the probability that your chain will break.

I hope that helps! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Eevee's are definitely hard to chain, I mean finding the first one alone is hard enough.
    My chains are starting to suck again. :(

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Aye, I've been having 0 luck chaining recently, I've just about near given up... Zangoose was up to 40, no shinies after like an hour or so, I tried chaining Pidgey, no luck, and same for Buizel... I guess I'll just keep trying, or take a break from Pokemon, it's not like I've forgotten how to chain, and I usually get a good chain every once in a while... I'm just desperate for anything, I'm not going to resort to chaining Bidoof.

Also my guide is in the FAQ, you'll run into it eventually after you scroll down a bit.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    one other thing i noticed. after finding a good grass location, a one where you want to be in, stop just before you get to it and watch your pokemon chain, then move in. if it stays normal while it fades, you havent broke the chain. if it disappears while it fades, you have broken the chain. thats all i know.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    well i still have NO luck with shinys:(....i have goetten nosepass my highest now:)38 but was broken:(

Dude, that's really lame =(
    Only two more pokemon in your chain and you would have got a shiny within 13 max repels of resets.
    At 38 your probability of a patch being shiny, where every patch is an independent event, was only 1/571 but at 40 your probability would have been 1/200.
    That sucks bad, I feel sorry for you. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back