• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Chartreuse

Chris-h11

Programmer
Years
  • Well the (1) is the old screenshots and the 2 is the new ones.

Also, a lot of the things you said I don't have but the big things of rocks (besides the inside of the cave which i'm going to fix) are fixed.

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
  • Are the (2) screenshots the ones in the beta?

Because my comments were directed towards to both the (1) and (2) screens.

Anyways, got me a clean Ruby ROM so I'll just have a look ok? :D

EDIT: Oh hang on its a FR hack. Damn! I got the wrong ROM!

EDIT #2: Sorry man but those maps are plain. Sorry man, but they need work eh? Better get cracking!

EDIT #3: Azure Island is missing the corner tiles (the ones that go on the corner of water - you have the ide ones but now the bottom left/right hand corner ones)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
  • Just to point this out, the reason why some Pokemon roms do not work with the patches is because the rom has an "Intro hack" on it. To get rid of it, you have to apply a "cleansing patch to it. These can be found on -removed-.

Back on topic, this hack looks nice, I just started downloading the beta, I'll comment on it soon.

No mentioning of ROM sites, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • I'll start working on fixing up some places tomorrow (especially Buff Cave) and then I'll start working on new places.

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
  • Just to point this out, the reason why some Pokemon roms do not work with the patches is because the rom has an "Intro hack" on it. To get rid of it, you have to apply a "cleansing patch to it. These can be found on -removed-.

Back on topic, this hack looks nice, I just started downloading the beta, I'll comment on it soon.

No mentioning of ROM sites, thanks.

NOTE The site I stated had no affiliation with roms. The site is merely an archive of .IPS patches. These ips patches are the same as the hacks we submit. These patches fix Pokemon roms with problems. Just trying to help the people thats in the dark.

Btw, did you make those rock tiles? I never seen rock tiles like that. Keep up the good job on this hack.

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • It's reposted now.

Sorry everyone for the very slow updates. As soon as I get back on my computer with the rom on it I will get back to work.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    I found a glitch when i was in buff cave i switched bodies with another trainer and i could barely mover around.

Years
  • Well, you have a good idea, but your mapping could use a little work. Most of your maps are bleak and seem uninspired. If you want, I could help you make professional-looking maps. (Send me a PM if you are interested.)

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • I found a glitch when i was in buff cave i switched bodies with another trainer and i could barely mover around.
    That has already been reported and fixed and will be updated with the next beta.

Well, you have a good idea, but your mapping could use a little work. Most of your maps are bleak and seem uninspired. If you want, I could help you make professional-looking maps. (Send me a PM if you are interested.)
    I'll think about it.
    Most of the maps I've updated a bit so they don't look as bad, If i had access to them right now I would upload them.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Good to know you are still active (kinda) with the hack. I wonder how much your maps have improved? Well, I hope you can go back to your computer soon, and also I hope you get more enthusiasm when hacking (Since I remember you said sometimes you lose it, and leave the hacking for a while). Good luck, I'll do my cheering dance for you! *dances around like a fool*

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • Omg An Update!

:shocked: Beta 2 Released :shocked:
    It's been a long time since my last update on here and I decided I'd work on it and then once it was complete I would release it. So guess what.... it's complete.

So first of all, in this beta I took out the buff cave and Route 2 because I still need time to remake those. So, in this beta I redid a lot of the maps and changed the direction you enter an area. Route 22 was started and was supposed to be there for you to battle your rival but I was having problems with that :( , so you can't really do anything there yet. So note this beta will go by very fast. (Get your pokemon, travel to buff town, enter the mart, get the package, deliver the package, receive pokedex, done.)

Beta 2 Screenshots
    Known Bugs
    • The crazy text when you receive your Pokedex and on the Azure Island sign. (When fixed, cause the game to freeze at certain points.)
    • After the guy teaches you how to catch pokemon, if you walk away and come back he is standing on a mountain. (Too lazy to fix atm :\)
    Please report all bugs found in this thread.

Download

Last edited:

duncanrcook

Excellent!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    everyone keeps saying the maps look really good, but they don't really appeal to me. sorry, but they look really plain. the azure island should have boundaries unless it goes to other maps all 4 ways and both caves look out of place. route 1 is really boring and bare. buff town looks bare, the stairs are wrong, and that tiny cave looks out of place too. route 22's mountains need to be fixed because the ground is all on the same level but the cave part at the top is 2 levels higher. you need to work on your mapping skills.
    you also need to make your story more creative. "you are old enough to get your own pokemon and you embark on a journey to collect 8 badges and beat the elite four, while on the way defeating an evil team..." sound familiar?

Chris-h11

Programmer
    Years
  • everyone keeps saying the maps look really good, but they don't really appeal to me. sorry, but they look really plain. the azure island should have boundaries unless it goes to other maps all 4 ways and both caves look out of place. route 1 is really boring and bare. buff town looks bare, the stairs are wrong, and that tiny cave looks out of place too. route 22's mountains need to be fixed because the ground is all on the same level but the cave part at the top is 2 levels higher. you need to work on your mapping skills.
    you also need to make your story more creative. "you are old enough to get your own pokemon and you embark on a journey to collect 8 badges and beat the elite four, while on the way defeating an evil team..." sound familiar?
    The boundaries are there when you play the game. (It's the border block)
    The little caves on Azure Island and Buff Town are both only going to be there on the beta.
    I put the story in there because it is required, I don't really see why I have to make up a totally different story (Nintendo doesn't.), but I do agree that it isn't creative (I've never been creative :\ )

Other than that I agree, the cave is out of place (I stopped working on it after I figured out that I couldn't move the rival battle and the other cave on Azure Island doesn't really fit in.

Oh and what should I add to Route 1 to make it less 'bare'?

Back