• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles: Episode I - Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Adel had to suppress the temptation to pinch Ophelia's new, cloud-like ears. After all, she was a respectable, mature individual, who wouldn't need to resort to such means to please her childish whim. She folded her arms tightly, a strong expression upon her delicate face as she withheld the urge to call out to Ophelia and inform her that she was pretty much one of the cutest creatures that the girl ever had the fortune to come across. The larger-sized turtle trotted in front of her, leading the way towards the exit of the cave, a shining ray of hope in the shape of a large, unnaturally shaped door that was located not too far from their current location. The young female was glad that the squeamish that had resided in the pit of her stomach since entering Mount Moon was slowly dissipating, the previous fright and uncertainty was also vanishing bit by bit. It must have been due to her Squirtle's unexpected evolution, it was quite the pleasant surprise for the girl, not to mention the fact that the exit was just… just a stone's throw away. Adeltruat genuinely wanted to break out into a sprint towards the end of the arduous tunnel, screaming happily like a child. However, the rational part of her simply would not allow it.

When they did finally emerge from Mount Moon, the girl was elated to realize that the Sun had yet to set, she could contain it no longer, a fit of giggles burst out from within her tiny frame, as she waved her arms over her hand and controllable laughter poured from her lips, a large, uncharacteristic grin of pure blithe pictured upon her as she starting prancing down the traveler's path with giddy joy. "We're FREE~! Free from that dreadful, dreadful place!" Ophelia tumbled down behind her, an expression of astonishment plastered on her blue face. Who knew that her trainer was actually such a child at heart?

Adeltruat continued on like this for a few moments, before coming to halt, clearing her throat and taking a deep breath. She turned to face the Water type that was chasing after her, an intense look on her face.

"Don't tell anyone what you saw just now, it's strictly between both of us only." She spoke in a professional tone, sounding a lot more like the Adel that the Wartortle had grown accustomed to. Straightening her tie and brushing dust off her skirt as she did so, the girl felt that a great burden had just been lifted off her shoulders. She was lucky that she had a reason to recall Kinah into her Pokeball, if the bird had seen such a sight, she probably would have never allowed Adel to live it down without a good teasing or two every once in awhile.

At this moment, the meadow of long grass located just beside the dirt road that Adel and her Pokemon were standing on emitted a quiet call, "Shreww.." the patch of greenery went. The girl instinctively dug her hand into her bag, drawing out her Pokedex and pointing it towards the grass. The female voice spoke the moment the device detected the creature hiding within the vegetation, " Sandshrew, the Mouse Pokemon. It burrows and lives underground. If threatened, it curls itself up into a ball for protection."

At the hint of sound, the afformentioned creature shot its small head above the grass, yellow ears poised as it began sniffing around nervously, the Ground type squinted its black eyes in the sunlight as it stared in the direction of Adel and her Wartortle. It took the Sandshrew a couple of seconds to realize that a human and its Pokemon were staring at it. It released a distressed squeak, immediately curling into an uneasy ball. The girl lowered herself and took small steps to lessen the distance between herself and the Mouse Pokemon, poking the balled up Sandshrew curiously. The shivering yellow sphere had yet to run away. It looked like such a cowardly thing, it probably wouldn't prove itself much in battle. Unless of course, an expert trained it up well enough. Naturally, she was a talented young person, it was painfully obvious that she had the capabilities to raise the Sandshrew into a brave and valiant fighter, it would prove to be no problem to someone as gifted as her. With this in mind, she detached an empty Pokeball from her belt and tossed it onto the unsettled Sandshrew, with a little less zest than usual. The startled Pokemon cried again, as it was sucked into the Pokeball.

However, the Pokeball stayed still for no more than three seconds, before it burst open and allowed the Sandshrew to emerge once again. Adel raised an eyebrow, maybe it wasn't as weak as she had assumed.

"Ophelia, Water Gun!"

The Wartortle stood by her trainer's side, allowing a stream of water to shoot from her mouth and knock down the Mouse Pokemon. In one shot, the Sandshrew fell back, completely dazed and nearly unable to move its limbs, struggling to return into its curled up ball. Adeltruat sighed, "It really is weak.." as she tried again once more, weakly tossing the Pokeball to the critically injured Sandshrew.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Diegoyayi: That's a decent post and it was pretty long as well. Normally, I would give 3 Levels to one of your Pokemon for a post like that, but since it involves multliple Pokemon, I am going to split the experience up between Ness and Pikachu.
    The battle itself was pretty funny though, I must admit (especially when Fearow and Geodude fainted in the same exact spot). And the way you used Magikarp was very clever. One post left, and Derek finally gets to rest in Cerulean for a bit.
    Magikarp grew to Level 14!
    Pikachu grew to Level 14!

To Ibuberu: You present me with quite a bit of a dilemma, to be honest. For such a good post, I feel like I must reward you with a high-leveled Sandshrew, but at the same time you mentioned twice, though, that it was weak. I'm going to assume it was for the sake of good rping, so I'm going to go ahead and give you the Pokemon that I think you deserve.
    And as a side note, I really like how Adel's relationship is growing with her Pokemon.
    Congratulations! You caught a Sandshrew!

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    Charmander's and Grimer's attacks met at the same time sending the Pokemon backwards. "Looks like your Charmander has gotten stronger..." The Rocket said noticing that Grimer went back farther than Charmander.

"You got that right! Now we'll beat you even faster this time!" Bobby roared his anger fueling his cockiness.

"Hm we'll see about that won't we Ekans!" The grunt sent out a large purple snake that hissed "Ekansssss" when it came out.

"What is that?" Bobby wondered as he took out the Pokedex. "Ekans the snake pokemon." the woman's cool voice said, "It sneaks through grass without making a sound and strikes unsuspecting prey from behind."

Noticing that Bobby was distracted the Grunt took action and said "Ekans use Glare! Grimer use Mud-Slap!" "Mander!" Charmander cried as it became frozen in fear from the Glare and in pain as it was pelted with Mud-Slap.

"Charmander!" Bobby cried. "I'v got to get this Pokeball open!" Bobby pulled and tugged, but the ball was wedged shut. Finally out frustration, and what any guy would do, Bobby threw the ball at the cave wall which, ironicly released the seal.

"Allright now we're in action!" Bobby said with a battle grin on his face. "Go Mankey!"
    The pig monkey pokemon lept into action, relieved that it was out of it's Pokeball. "Mankey use Focus Energy! Charmander use Smokescreen!" The Pokemon complied with Mankey building energy and Charmander belching out thick black smoke.

"That's not gonna stop us!" the Rocket yelled confident. "Grimer suck up the smoke! Ekans use Poison Sting on Mankey!" Grimer inhaled the thick smoke, while Ekans shot out thin purple lines at Mankey.

"Mankeeeey!" Mankey cried as the purple lines connected. When Mankey got back up on it's feet, Bobby noticed that there was a sickly look about his eyes. 'Probally nothing...' Bobby thought. "Charmander use Ember on Ekans! Mankey go use Scratch on Grimer!" The Rocket was ready however and made Grimer use Pound to retaliate the Scratch and Ekans used Poison Sting to reflect Ember.

"Your attacks are too predictible!" the Rocket roared mockingly.

"He's right..." Bobby muttered, "There has to be something we can do..." Bobby saw Mankey getting worse and called him over to take an Antidote. When he was done, Bobby saw the TM Brock had givin him. "I wonder..."

Bobby picked up the TM and held it toward Mankey. The TM flashed and turned from its gray color to a pure white color. "Guess I can use it anymore." Bobby said prepared now with their new move.

"You ladies done over there?" the Rocket yelled goadingly.

"Yep we're done. With this match." Bobby said confident. "Mankey use Rock Tomb!" Mankey pulled the new move off flawlessly by buring Ekans in a pile of rubble. The poor pokemon was stuck.

"Ekans!" the Grunt cried.

"He's the least of your worries. Charmander Ember!" Charmander shot out its fireball and Grimer not knowing what to do took a direct hit, knocking it out.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" The Rocket cried knowing he was defeated. Bobby came up and took the key to the cage releasing all the Pokemon inside.

In the back he saw Clefairy, who's eyes widened when it saw him. She jumped into his arms happy to be away from the Rocket. Bobby saw the Clefairy eyeing his black stone. "Pretty huh?" Bobby said.

Suddenly a shadow lept at Bobby. "That's my Clefairy!" the Rocket roared. The Clefairy lept in front of Bobby taking the black stone with her.

"Clefairy don't!" Bobby yelled as Clefairy become engulfed in a white light. When the light faded in Clefairy's place was a pokemon that looked like Clefairy but bigger and with wings. "What is that?" Bobby said pointing his Pokedex at it.

"Clefable the fairy pokemon and the evolved form of Clefairy." the female voice said, "Rarely seen by people, it is said to be drawn by the full moon to play at deserted lakes."

"Wow this Clefable's gonna make me rich!" The Rocket said, practically drooling at the thought.

Clefable on the other hand had other ideas. She started waving one finger back and forth until a giant Flamethrower came out. The torched Rocket took off running from the powerful trainer and the newly evolved Clefabel.

Laughing Bobby said "Good job Clefable! You sure sent him packing." Clefable nodded and started walking the way the cage was going. "Hey where you going?" Bobby asked running to keep up.

The Clefable had showed Bobby to the exit of Mt. Moon. "Oh wow thank you so much Clefable!" "Clefable!" the former Clefairy said, obviously thanking Bobby for helping her out of a dire situation. Its eyes began glowing and the seal on Butterfree's Pokeball was released. "Oh wow! Thanky you so much Clefable! Take care now! I hope to see you again!" Bobby said walking out of the cave, "And if I see Team Rocket again, they won't know what hit them!" Clefable waved good bye to her friend as Bobby walked onto Route 4.

OOC: if its ok ill replace Leer with Rock Tomb!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Zimvee: Now that's a post! You really took advantage of the non-shared Level gains. Nice work there, Zimvee, and I really liked all the strategy you involved into the battle, especially the part with the TM. Really nice work. You finally made it out of Mount Moon! WOOHOO! You can post in Route 4 now. Awesome job man. Keep up the great work. Oh, and I'm going to give you a Rare Candy for that post, seeing as you sacrificed your Moon Stone on the Clefairy, and for you skillfull use of other items.
    Charmander grew to Level 18!
    Charmander wants to learn Dragon Rage, but it already knows 4 moves. Delete an older move to make room for Dragon Rage?
    What!? Charmander is evolving! Allow the process to continue?
    Mankey grew to Level 12!
    Mankey learned Rock Tomb!

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    "What'll we do with you, you don't even know any good moves," Adel muttered in a frustrated tone, directing her statement towards the pokeball she clenched in her hand. The Sandshrew proved to be of no difficulty when it came to the capturing part. The easy part of her grand plan had passed, now came the tough segment. How on Earth would she train the young Pokemon up? Sure, she had assumed that an intelligent plan would come to her sooner than later, but still... The girl sighed, shaking her head as the Wartortle strolling along beside her brought her blue paws to the front of her shell and gave her trainer an encouraging cheer, her fluffy ears and tail straightening as she called out as loud as she could.

"War! Tortle!"

The girl politely thanked her turtle for giving her moral support; however, she was still facing a dilemma. With such a weak movepool, how could the Sandshrew even begin to battle without standing a chance of winning the fight? Adeltruat would and could not afford a loss. At that very moment, did she see a large, plump man standing not too far from her, hand shielding his small eyes as he looked towards the distance. Clad in mountain gear and heavy boots, the female instantly recognized him to be a Hiker. They specialized in Rock types, and... A sneaky grin curled upon Adel's features, a hand shot to her chin in an instant, as a plan concocted within her brain.

--​

"HE-AY~! MR HIKER~!" The fifteen-year old chimed in a chipper voice, waving one hand in the direction of the large, burly man. He turned to face her, a smile breaking on his face as he set eyes on the cute little female approaching him. She had sparkling eyes, and seemed to be alone, but looked adorable and friendly all the same. The Hiker placed his hands on his sides as Adel drew nearer, giving out a hearty laugh before inquiring, "Well, what can I do for you, little lass?"

"I was wondering, if you had a certain TM I wanted, you being such a strong-looking man and all, Mr Hiker.." Adeltruat spoke in a impressed and amazed voice, sprinkling a tinge too much cutesy into her words. However, the middle-aged man with chestnut brown hair did not seem to notice, instead, his grin widened at her comment, as he proudly replied, "Why yes, I do have a few TMs with me." The girl seemed honestly pleased the second she heard his words, as she immediately masked a delighted, angelic face.

"D-Do you have the Dig TM?"

"Well, you aren't going to get it out of me that easily, now, are you?"

Adel pretended to pout, before speaking in her shrewd voice, "What if I managed to win a battle with you?"

The Hiker allowed his eyes to wander, as he decided. After a few moments of suspense, the older male exhaled a breath, one hand scratching his head as he replied in a difficult tone, "Well, not like I can reject a face like that." The girl smiled sweetly at him for a brief moment, before returning to her true self, a nonchalant expression revealing itself as she walked back a few paces to give enough space for an acceptable battlefield. An intent gaze locked on the startled man, as she swiftly took out a Pokeball and threw it. From out of the little device and the red light, a Pidgey appeared, flapping her wings as she encircled the area.

The Hiker took one look at the bird, before chuckling to himself as he threw his own personal Pokeball into the fray. "Woah, you had me scared there, lass. I thought you had a super Pokemon up your sleeve."

"Nooo~! My Pidgey isn't strong at all!" This resulted in a menacing glare from the bird.

"You have no idea," Adel mumbled under her breath immediately after that, as Kinah charged towards the Geodude on her own accord. Contact was made and both creatures retreated back from the impact of the Quick Attack. Once again, the girl did not want to openly admit that the little avian had acted on her own decision, silently approving the attack. Kinah shook her head and ruffled her feathers, trying to get momentum as she hopped back and forth a few times, stretching her wings out threateningly at her opponent. The Rock type and his owner merely snickered at the funny scene, as the Geodude sped forwards and rammed into the Pidgey's form. His rock-hard defense seemed to increase the attack's effectiveness, as the bird fell back, struggling to maintain balance, a confused look upon her face. Adeltruat beckoned the avian to approach her; Kinah did so, and would have probably avoided doing said action if she had been in her right mind.

Retracting a Potion from her pack and spraying it onto the Pidgey to heal her up, Kinah leapt back into the field, feeling energized enough to continue battling for a while more. Geodude charged in for yet another Tackle, but this time, upon her trainer's order, the bird flew out of the way in time, dodging the irritated Rock type's attack.

"Tackle!"

The Pidgey swooped forth and collided her feathery body with her adversary's solid build. The Geodude may have taken damage, but it certainly wasn't effective enough. The girl folded her arms, a disappointed expression on her face as she withdrew her Pidgey and called out for her second Pokemon to assist her. Ophelia burst out from the scarlet light, poising herself before running into the fray, bearing her sharp teeth at the Geodude.

"Water Gun!" In one agile motion, a healthy beam of water erupted from the Wartortle's mouth and made instant contact with the intimidated Rock type. The outcome of the battle ended with a victory from the girl and her turtle in no less than five seconds later. The Hiker reluctantly withdrew a disc from his pocket and handed it over to Adel, who still had the words, "serious" and "intent" written all over her face. She curtsied once, maintaining her straight face before proceeding off in the direction of Cerulean City, grasping onto the newly acquired TM, a sense of accomplishment brimming within her. The girl, of course, did not let it show on the outside.

The Hiker stood in shock, his mouth agape. He... had a feeling that he had just been tricked by a little child.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Ibuberu: That is probably one of your best posts yet, and maybe even you best. It was obviously well planned out, with a clear beginning, middle and end and Adel's character REALLY shined here, and we got a very good glimpse into her personality. You've earned your TM, and I'm going to give Pidgey one Level just because I thought the post was so good. Excellent job here. Really well done.
    Pidgey grew to Level 17!
    Pidgey is trying to learn Whirlwind, but Pidgey already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Whirlwind?
    You won TM28!
    The next place up will be Cerulean City. I won't have it up for a little while because everyone is still trying to catch up. Don't worry though, it won't take too long. It will be up in less than 24 hours.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    As Bobby walked along Route 4, he noticed that Charmander and Mankey were behind him. "Oh wow you guys must be tired from that last battle! Here take a rest." Bobby took out their Pokeballs and recalled Mankey.

Just as he was about to return Charmander, he let off a brilliant white light. "Ah! Charmander whats happening?" Bobby cried as the light blinded him. He couldn't see what was going on, but he could hear Charmander's voice deepening, as he was roaring.

When the light finally stopped glaring, Bobby looked over at Charmander. The Lizard Pokemon had grown taller, his flame was getting biggger, his claws had grown even longer than before, and a small horn was growing on the back of his head. To top it off Charmander turned an orange red.

"Wow! Charmander you evolved!" Bobby exclamed happily. "Wonder what you're called..." Bobby said as he took out the Pokedex. "Charmeleon, the Flame Pokemon," the cool female voice said. "In the rocky mountains where Charmeleon live, their fiery tails shine at night like stars."

"Cool so your name's Charmeleon!" Bobby said happily. "Do you know any new attacks?" Charmeleon nodded and began blowing out blue flames. "Amaaaaazing!" Bobby cried amazed at Charmeleon's power. "I wonder what that is?"

Suddenly the Pokedex spoke "Dragon Rage. The foe is stricken by a shock wave. This attack always inflicts a set amount of damage." "So that's what it's called. Ok Charmeleon, back in your ball!"

Charmeleon on the other hand had other ideas. "Char..." he growled menecingly. "Charmeleon what's wrong?" Bobby asked worried. The Pokeball shot a red beam of light at Charmeleon, but he simply deflected it. "Cmon, get in the ball!" Bobby said, starting to get a little pissed off. Charmeleon insted went to sleep. "Oh boy maybe evovling wasn't such a good idea..." Bobby muttered. He grabbed Butterfree's pokeball and sent out the butterfly pokemon. Knowing that Charmeleon was beat up pretty bad from the last battle Bobby made Butterfree use Confusion on Charmeleon, knocking the lizard out. "Sorry boy..." Bobby said sadly.

"Ahoy!" a man's voice called, a little farther up ahead. "I saw your Butterfree in action. She's pretty strong! How bout a battle?" The man asked. The man was wearing an orange vest and an orange hat. He was carrying a fishing pole and a tackle box.

"Ok sure!" Bobby said quickly getting over Charmeleon's odd behavior. "My name's Bobby by the way."

"Name's Wilton!" the fisherman said. "Go Poliwhirl!" Wilton sent out a blue pokemon that vaguely looked like a tadpole.

"Looks like a strong Pokemon!" Bobby said grinning furiously, wondering where he could get one. "Butterfree, Stringshot!" "Freeee!" Butterfree yelled as she spat out a glob of silk.

"Poliwhirl dodge and use Bubble!" Poliwhirl dodged the silk and sent out a flurry of small bubbles towards Butterfree.

"Butterfree use Confusion!" Butterfree complied and sent the bubbles back towards Poliwhirl. The tadpole pokemon however just absorbed them. "What?" Bobby cried surprised.

"You like that? That's my Poliwhirl's ability! Its called Water Absorb!" Wilton said, thinking he had won.

"Can it absorb rocks?" Bobby asked with a sneer on his face.

"What?" Wilton asked, but soon he understood as Butterfree was using Confusion on the rocks nearby and pelting Poliwhirl with them. Poliwhirl was defenceless against the assult.

"FREEE!" Butterfree yelled suddenly and bravely, if not stupidly, flew into the barrage. She used Harden and Tackle at the same time causing her Tackle's power to be doubled. Poliwhirl couldn't take any more and collapsed.

"Yeah I win! I think..." Bobby said as Butterfree had acted on her own.

"Ho ho, that was a good match lad! Your Butterfree has quite a way with stratigy." Wilton said smiling.

"Thanks! Your Poliwhirl was amazing!" Bobby said still wondering where he could get one.

"Thanks," Wilton said. "You wouldn't happen be headed towards Cerulean would you?" he asked. Bobby nodded. "Well you don't have too much farther! Just go down this road and you'll reach it in no time!"

"Thanks!" Bobby said, as he ran, his empty stomach urging him towards the city.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
    After his battle with the old and fat hiker, Derek continued to walk along the mountain path. He stared at the rocky outcrops with a bedazzled look on his face, impressed on how such an amazing piece of rock could have formed in such a small path. Coming back to his senses, he realized the end of the mountainous path was over, and so he needed to walk the last parts of Route 4 along the grassy area. Derek wasn't quite sure if he wanted to go through there, but he had no other choice. Only thing he could hope was that his Repel still lingered.

He skillfully jumped down to safe land, getting a tight grip on Pikachu so he wouldn't drop him on his way down. As he fell, a dense smoke of dust formed right on the spot he landed. He shook the particles off of his clothe as he continued to walk. Cerulean Buildings where each time closer and closer, and he really hoped he could make it to the Pokemon Center soon. Mt. Moon had been very tiring. It made him hungry and fatigued and hurt his Pokemon.

Derek crouched and hoped no other trainer would see him. His plan had been effective; but it wasn't a trainer what was bothering him now. Instead, he acknowledged his repel was now futile; because a very menacing looking Spearow darted at his Pikachu with a quick attack. Derek didn't have time to react, and was shocked when his Pikachu was hit directly with the attack and was knocked back from his shoulder and into the tall grass.

"No! Pikachu!" Derek exclaimed sad as he turned over to the very tall grass. He didn't care about the Spearow now. He just wanted to find his partner. Even though he clearly saw where Pikachu landed, the grass was so tall and there were so many things on it it was very difficult to spot the Pokemon. He feared he might spike himself with a poisonous thorn or maybe receive an Ekans bite. Despite knowing what the risks were, Derek literally dived into the grass to search for his Pokemon. While he was in mid-air, Ness' Pokeball fell to the ground and released the Magikarp.

"Karp. Karp"

Magikarp stared around and noticed he was left alone in a grassy path with a raging Spearow. Derek was nowhere to be seen, nor were Mankey or Pikachu.

Spearow, as soon as he spotted the weak fish, started to fly above him like a ravenous vulture, crying out his name every once in a while to intimidate Magikarp. Magikarp just lied down and splashed there, since it was impossible he could do anything to a Flying Pokemon.

Spearow, now quite confident that his opponent was now wobbling from fear, decided to make the first move. He threw himself at the fish with a Peck attack, landing it successfully. It was not very probably it would miss, anyway, because Magikarp couldn't really move. His scaley and rubbery skin made him get stuck on small twigs and similar things. Magikarp was sent flying away for a short distance. He seemed unaffected by the attack, however. Like always, Magikarp was just too dumb to feel pain.

Spearow then stared confused at Magikarp, not sure why he seemed to be so normal after his though attack. Spearow flew down to the ground and landed near the fish, then he slowly stared at him, scrutinizing every single area of him. Still not seeing anything that might have saved Magikarp from the attack, he decided to play it on the safe side with Leer. A beam of light shot out from the bird's scary eyes, who was just staring directly at Magikarp.

For the first time ever, Magikarp seemed to feel an emotion. He now seemed scared. His expression of stupidity changed to one of fear and weakness; and Spearow used every single second of the intimidation state to attack. Spearow used Peck on Magikarp again, and instead of just taking the hit, Magikarp was sent flying at a larger distance than last hit while he exclaimed a yelp full of pain. The battle went on and on with the same strategy. Spearow was beating up Magikarp very bad, and Magikarp couldn't do anything about it.

When it was obvious that Magikarp couldn't take any other hit, he tried to escape; but was stopped when he noticed one of the scales near his tail was stuck on a very thick root that was buried on the grassy area.

Spearow could have ended this battle with any other attack, but being cocky and arrogant as a Spearow is, he decided to terminate this extravagantly. He approached Magikarp and grabbed him by his yellow 'whiskers', getting a very tight hold with his claws. Spearow then started to fly up as fast as he could. In the beginning it felt easy, like if Magikarp didn't weigh a thing.

The more he flew up, though, the tougher the trip was. Spearow didn't take the time to look back to see why was this trip so tough and continued to go up. Eventually, a moment appeared when he just couldn't fly any further. The force pulling him down was almost 6 times the one he was using to go up. Spearow then stared down at the ground and saw the most unbelievable he had ever seen.

Magikarp's rear end was still on the ground and his face was on his toes. His body was stretched in a ridiculous way, much like a very long rubber band. Spearow became appalled at this sight, so his strength and wings shut down. Immediately when this happened, he was brought down to ground by Magikarp's retraction. He hit himself so hard on the ground that he immediatly fainted. Magikarp flopped around to free his tail from the root and then just twirled his body around, hoping to relieve the aching parts of it. he had never stretched like that, and was amazed at how rubbery and flexible he was.

Even after Magikarp's victory, Derek was nowhere to be seen. Magikarp was starting to beleive Derek abandoned him for being weak, and with a sad look on his face, Magikarp started to splash away. He didn't manage to move very far, though, before Derek sprung out of the grass with Pikachu on his hands.

Derek stared down at the fainted Spearow, then at Magikarp. "Wow.. Did you really do that?" he asked to Magikarp, who just replied with some sort of smile. "That's wicked, bud. Awesome" Derek said cuttingly as he withdrew his Pokemon and continued his path to Cerulean city.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Zimvee: Great post there. I like how you played out Charmander's evolution, and the possibilty of Charmeleon becoming disobedient is very intriguing, even though it had already been done in the anime. Good job on the battle, with Butterfree and such. That was creative use of Confusion. One more post and you'll be in Cerulean! I'll have it posted up fairly soon for you guys.
    Congratulations! Your Charmander evolved into Charmeleon!
    Butterfree grew to Level 13!
    Butterfree wants to learn Poison Powder, Stun Spore and Sleep Powder, but it can only learn 4 moves! Delete an older move(s) to make room for them?

To Diegoyayi: Once again you've made a very funny post with Magikarp. Somehow, the little fish manages to pull off the victory every time. Very well done with that. I also liked how you showed Derek's affection for Pikachu, literally risking his own well-being to save his starting Pokemon. Excellent work man. You are at Cerulean City now. I'll have it posted up in a bit.
    Ness grew to Level 17!
    Ness learned Tackle!

IC:

Chapter 9
    -Cerulean City-

OOC: This is going to work very similar to the way Pewter City worked. This Chapter includes Cerulean City, Route 24 and Route 25, all in one. Basically, you are going to get 1 post in Cerulean City (to battle Misty and to take care of any other busniess you may need to, such as shopping) and you will get 2 posts along Route 24 and Route 25, combined. That's a total of 3 posts.
    The most important thing to remember about this is that you can do either Misty or the Routes first. It doesn't matter to me. That means you have a little more time to train up and catch Pokemon if you need it.
    If you have any questions please ask.

Level Cap: 22

Description

CeruleanCity is a mid-size city which also happens to be a seaside city. It is home to Misty, the Water-type Gym Leader, and it has a few attractions to keep tourists busy. It is almost always sunny here, and there is even a small beach to enjoy! Route 24 lies to the north.

Areas of Interest
    Pokemon Center: A large white building with a red roof. This place houses a Nurse Joy and several Chanseys intent on healing your Pokemon for free overnight. What a deal!

PokeMart: The local stop-and-shop for Pokemon Trainers. It doesn't have a heck of a lot of supplies, but it does have the basics.

Item List: Pokeballs, Antidotes, Awakenings, Burn Heals, Paralyze Heals, Potions, Super Potions, Repels.

Pokemon Gym: See Misty for more information.

Bike Shop: Here you can purchase your very own Bicycle for only $1,000,000! Or, if you have a Bike Voucher, that might work too.

Misty

Biography
    Also known as the "Tomboyish Mermaid", Misty is an expert when it comes to Water-Type Pokemon. Typically, her strategy involves an all-out offensive, not giving her opponents a chance to recover. Her hero is Lorelei, of the Elite Four, and because of this she is not afraid of any trainer, no matter how powerful. She's ready to take you on!

Pokemon

Staryu

Level:18
    Type:Water
    Ability:Natural Cure
    Attacks: Tackle, Harden, Recover, Water Pulse
    Nature: Modest

Starmie

Level:21
    Type:Water/Psychic
    Ability:Natural Cure
    Attacks: Rapid Spin, Swift, Recover, Water Pulse
    Nature: Modest

Rewards

TM03: Water Pulse

Cascade Badge

-Route 24- -Route 25-

Description

Located north of CeruleanCity, this place contains a few important locations. The first of which, connected directly to the city, is the NuggetBridge, which passes over a section of the sea. On it, various Trainers compete to make their way across, but some say that one can sneak by. If beaten, the lead Trainer will hand out a Nugget, but this is not small task!
    Along Route 25, at the very end, is a sea cottage owned by a self-proclaimed Pokemon expert, Bill. He knows a lot about Pokemon, especially their evolutions. Perhaps it would be wise to give him a visit.
    Also, be on the look-out for wild Pokemon. Rumor has it there are rare ones! Strong trainers are also around, so be ready.

Wild Pokemon

Oddish - 043

Level:12-14
    Type:Grass/Poison
    Ability:Chlorophyll
    Attacks: Absorb, Sweet Scent, Acid, Poison Powder (13)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Bellsprout - 069

Level:12-14
    Type:Grass/Poison
    Ability:Chlorophyll
    Attacks: Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap, Sleep Powder (13)
    Rarity: Common

Venonat - 048

Level:11-13
    Type: Bug/Poison
    Ability:Compound Eyes or Tinted Lens
    Attacks: Disable, Foresight, Supersonic, Confusion, Poison Powder (13)
    Rarity: Uncommon

Abra- 063

Level:8-10
    Type:Psychic
    Ability:Synchronize or Inner Focus
    Attacks: Teleport
    Rarity: Very Rare

Last edited:

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
    Years
    ++++++

Part 1 - Cleffa?

++++++

Kaiden thanked the staff of the pokecentre as he dashed through the door, only just making it past the automated opening. He turned left, feeling drops of water again hitting him. The heavens opened and cubone wailed as they dashed into Mt. Moon.

At first he couldn't see a thing, glare from outside causing him to see black. His eyes got used to it, and he looked out, smiling at the calm sound of rain hammering and pattering against the dirt outside. A flock of spearow burst from their tree, squawking in anger at the rain for disturbing their roost. The small entranceway of the mountain was quite tight, but grew wider quickly. A sign lay ahead of him, but bore no interest for himself. He could hear voices echoing, but the acoustics of the cave denied him any idea of their position. Squeaks also ricocheted around the cavern and Kaiden swore he heard a 'clef' ring around him from the darkness.

Large pathways were open on his left and right.

'Well cubone, which way we gonna go?' he asked, turning to his frightened friend who was still behind his legs, and jerked as something squeaked from the ceiling.

'It alright its nothing buddy.' he added, stroking the skull of his little pokemon. Cubone appeared to lighten up, pointing his bone to the right. Kaiden stroked him again as he took off, cubone still hot on his heels as the gloom enveloped them.

'Hey you!' a voice said from nearby, and both Kaiden and his pokemon turned. A girl was there, a little younger than Kaiden in a short skirt and top.

'Hello to you to.' he said, turning and smiling.

'Lets battle man!' she shouted, 'Go, Clefairy!' red beams shot from her pokeball, becoming a round, pink pokemon with small ears and stubby arms. The pokedex popped out of his pocket and he flipped it open.

'Clefairy, the fairy pokemon. With its magical and cute appeal, it has many admirers. It is rare and found only in certain areas.'

'Clefairy huh? Go Nidoran!' he shouted, smirking as the purple rabbit appeared, snarling a quick 'Nido' before charging straight at the pink puffball.

'Alright, now, poison sting!' Kaiden shouted as Nidoran dived at clefairy, poison horn straight out. He dived into the ground however, and clefairy sent a pound at nidoran, connecting with it.

'Alright nidoran, fight back with a scratch!' he said, the rabbit agreeing as it scratched its front paws viciously down clefairy's side. The girl burst out with a shriek at this, running to her pokemon, but stopping as nidoran growled at her.

'Alright, another poison sting!' nidoran again dived, this time connecting and driving its horn deep, the poison seeping in quickly as they scrambled around on the floor. Clefairy already appeared weakened, but pounded nidoran twice.

'Cu! Cu!' Cubone wailed, worried for his newfound friend.

'Oh no! Nidoran, scratch it again!' he shouted in desperation, both pokemon rolling around, his rabbit pokemon finally scratching down clefairy's side. They stopped fighting as nidoran struggled free of clefairy's limp form, returning to his pokeball with a sigh.

'Alright, that was hot. I'll see you around.' he added with a wink at the girl as he took her money. He continued deeper into the tunnel. More trainers could be seen in the gloom, one dashed past, chased by a swarm of bat-like pokemon.

'Gotta get me one of those!' he chuckled to cubone as they descended down a ladder.

++++++

Part 2 - Zubat attack!

++++++

It was getting darker and darker as they were below ground level. He cracked out a glow stick from his back and snapped it, illuminating everything in its warm green glow.

'Come on cubone, lets get outta here and to the next gym!' he said, fiddling with the badge he had on his guitar strap. They were in a thin tunnel, and a corner was ahead. Several pile of rocks decorated the tunnel. They turned the corner and could see another ladder at the end.

'Cu-bone!' he suddenly wailed, clutching Kaiden's legs.

'What is it?' Kaiden said, looking back and down at his friend, and then back at where the small pokemon was pointing with its bone. Small blue and purple shapes were hanging from the ceiling in the green glow. Suddenly they all screeched, tearing themselves from the ceiling and whirling around the pair, fleeing past them. As they opened their eyes, one remained. It seemed larger than the others. The pokedex quickly identified it as Zubat.

'Alright, nidoran, go!' he said, cubone glad he didn't have to fight the bat. Suddenly, the bat left the ceiling, swooping low. It gashed nidoran with its teeth, stealing life from him. It didn't seem to do much however.

'Nidoran, when its closer, pounce and scratch!' he shouted, nidoran trying it, but missing as Zubat screeched its name at the pokemon. Kaiden grabbed his head as a high pitched sound filled the tunnel, omitted by Zubat. It swooped low again.

'Now nidoran!' he shouted. Nidoran jumped, wildly off course, and flurried scratches, catching the side of his head and plummeting into the ground. It moaned, trying to rise. Zubat dived in for the kill. It groaned as Cubone hammered it into the wall with a solid headbutt, defending his friend.

'Ouch! Go, pokeball!' he laughed, withdrawing Nidoran as Zubat was sucked into a pokeball. It wobbled to and fro, the light eventually fading.

'Yes!' he shouted.

++++++

Part 3 - Team Rocket

++++++

Kaiden couldn't help but clutch the pokeball containing his Zubat tight.

'Can't wait to try this one out!' he said, to cubone, who was still trying to clean his skull from a small splatter mark. The cavern was beginning to lighten up again. They had come down another ladder from the tunnel, and a thick wall was on their right. One the left was a long descent into blackness. He could have sworn some mushrooms scuttled past him and cubone pinched his leg.

'Oi, cubone, none of that.' he said, cubone letting out a small apology, clutching his bone close. They turned another corner, and two pillars of stone seemed like a gateway.

'I guess we gonna find a way out through there.' he shrugged, heading for them. Someone jumped them from the side.

'A cubone, thats rare! I'll be rich!' the girl said. If it wasn't for her attitude, Kaiden would have said she was hot. She had long brown hair, a tanned complexion and nice legs which her short skirt showed off well. She wore a black top with a violet 'R' upon it, and it showed her midrift off too.

'Hey, go catch your own pokemon!' he said, clutching up cubone into his arms, pushing her away.

'Don't mess with team rocket cutey!' she said, smiling evilly.

'The boss would give me loads for something as rare as that, I'll give you something in return.' she said, licking her lips at him.

'How about no?' he said. She sighed.

'Go! Raticate and Koffing!' she shouted. The pokemon appeared, a large dirty brown rat and a floating purple ball, with a rough surface and odd protrusions, as well as a skull and crossbones on its chest.

'Alright, go, Cubone and Zubat!' he shouted back, releasing his new pokemon. The bat screeched, awaiting its commands from its new master. It wasn't bitter like his nidoran, if anything it appeared glad to be free of the routine life of a wild bat.

'Ok, use supersonic and cubone, use bone club on the raticate!' he shouted. The high pitched noise battered the opponents. As they recovered, raticate was sent rolling from a bone down onto his skull. It recovered fast.

'Smokescreen Koffing! Quick attack!' Raticate quickly dived at cubone, but his attack was way off, and he ended up hurting himself, head ringing from supersonic. The smokescreen succeeded however, as black smoke poured from its pointy orifices.

'Cubone, hit raticate again! Zubat, try and clear that smoke!' Zubat flew up high and flapped crazily, the smoke dissipating.

'Alright!' Cubone again hit the raticate, which was recovering from its fatal dive to the floor.

'Hyper fang raticate! Tackle the zubat, koffing!' The koffing flew up, trying to catch his zubat, but missing terribly, too slow for the agile bat. The fang connected however, biting deep onto cubone.

'Cubone, come back!' he said, bringing cubone back to him.

'Alright, bite the raticate, zubat!'

'Try another tackle! Quick attack!' she screeched, desperate, tasting victory. The raticate jumped high, still missing the bat and hurting itself more. Zubat dived, latching its fangs into the raticate, which squealed and fainted, returning to its pokeball in a flash. The koffing did hit though, and knocked zubat back a little.

'Smog koffing!' she said, desperate for a new reason.

'Alright, bite koffing again!' the smog hit zubat, pouring from its craggy pours. It did hit, filling the cavern with its foggy gas, before dissipating. It seemed to have little effect on the poisonous bat. It screeched in triumph as it bit deep into the koffing's thick skin. He flew into the floor with zubat connected to him. It too returned to its pokeball.

'Nice one Zubat!' he said, jumping with joy as he took it back with his pokeball. The gril was slumped on the floor, balling her eyes out.

'What am I going to do? Ill be punished for sure! she wailed, knees together yet legs wide.

'Who's gonna punish you?' he said, running next to her and crouching, hand on her shoulder.

'The guy above me, and my dad. He pushed me into joining.' she continued.

'Joining? Joining who?' he said, stroking her softly.

'Team Rocket! They... We are criminals. We steal pokemon from far and wide fro our boss so he can rule the world. My dad joined long ago. It was why my mum left. I was forced in, he said it was the 'family business.' she cried.

'Can't I help you? Can't you run away?' he asked.

'What? How? Team rocket are everywhere! I must leave now. Listen, I may see you again. Help me then. If not out, I work at the Celadon game store. Ask for Natalie. Take this. Please remember me' she said, tears drying as she lept into his arms.

'Ok. Im Kaiden. And I'll find you, and rescue you!' he vowed, holding her tight. She let go, fingers lingering on his as she fled.

'That was.... strange.' he said to cubone, who was tapping his foot, and Kaiden was sure, if he had any, was raising one eyebrow. In his hand was what she gave him. It was a shiny rock, glistening.

'What?!?! It wasn't like that!' he said, walking off. The light could be seen ahead, at the end of the tunnel, if you will.

++++++

Route 4 - Hiyaah!

++++++

As they burst into daylight, their eyes burnt, and they both blinked it off. The sun was bright, shining off rain droplets. Running water could be heard nearby, a river in the distance. A few small cliffs heralded the way down to Cerulean. Two men could be seen practicing something like kung fu, one kicking, another punching. He lazed against a dry rock, tired from his long trek.

'Here kid, sweets contain sugar for a burst of energy.' said an old hiker, walking past. He had a large rock pokemon with him, round and craggy, with four arms. He threw the candy at Kaiden, then walked on. Catching it deftly, he got up, dusted himself off, and continued to Cerulean. There was some rough grass along his path. As he walked, a snake appeared. It was large, purple, with yellow stripes. The pokedex identified it as Ekans.

'Alright, you go do it Zubat.' he shouted, releasing his bat pokemon. The Ekans shot a dart at the bat, which he deftly dodged.

'Bite the snake!' Kaiden shouted, Zubat screeching as it dived bomb, latching onto the snake's tail. He was flicked off after doing significant damage. The Ekans jumped at Zubat, catching it in its jaws and dragging it down. Zubat flapped wildly, biting down again and again with its fangs. This continued quite some time.

'Supersonic zubat!' Kaiden shouted, worried. The sound reverberated around. Ekans released Zubat as it writhed under the sound. It flew high out of the Ekans' reach. It jumped, trying to bite Zubat again. It seemed to flip in the air, and Kaiden saw it's mouth bite something. Zubat flew down next to Kaiden. He looked at it, then the Ekans, then quickly back at it. He laughed. Ekans had bitten the end of its tail, and was now a living purple wheel. It passed out shortly afterwards.

'Good job Zubat.' he said as he returned it. He simply shrugged at the Ekans and walked on.

He saw the pair fighting. One sent a kick, then a scissor kick, then landed on one foot and roundhouse. All were blocked, the other man returning with a flurry of punches. They stopped as he approached.

'We can teach Mega kick and Mega punch.' one began.

'Both are powerful moves.' the second added.

'I don't think any of my pokemon can learn them.' Kaiden shrugged.

'I'll see you around though. Teach me something next time.' he smiled as he left, entering Cerulean. The river ran around the north edge of the town. He managed to stumble to the pokecentre, exhausted. The doors opened and he dragged himself through, cubone similarly tired.

'Hey, can I have somewhere to rest please?' he asked, collapsing backwards onto a bed being pushed by a chansey, a smaller one brought for cubone. The nurse released Nidoran and Zubat, similarly putting them on beds. All were asleep quickly.

OOC and there it is, the mighty wall of text. Enjoy.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Slave Results for post #1:
    Nidoran grew to Level 13!
    Nidoran wants to learn Poison Sting, but it already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Poison Sting?

Results for post #2:
    Congratulations! You caught a Zubat!

Results for post #3:
    Cubone grew to Level 17!
    Cubone is trying to learn Focus Energy, but Cubone already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Focus Energy?
    Zubat grew to Level 14!
    Zubat learned Bite!

Results for post #4:
    Zubat grew to Level 16!

I am very busy right now. I will post up your other stats in a while. You can continue posting though. Sorry for the little responses.

Last edited:

_Diego//

Years
    "This is it" Derek said as he took his first steps into Cerulean City. "A Mysterious, Blue Aura Surrounds It" Derek thought to himself as he saw how the city was distinctively blue. Then he started saying: "Cerulean. Home of the second Gym, which belongs to the water-type trainer Misty. To the North is Nugget Bridge, which leads to Route 24 and 25. I heard a very knowledgeable guy called Bill lives at the end of the Route. It might be nice to pay him a visit. Also a Bike shop is here, we might be able to get a bike on a good deal. Finally, that cave right there is Cerulean Cave. I believe ridiculously powerful Pokemon lie there."

Derek gave his whole sermon of the new area, same way as he did on Pewter. Pikachu, also like in Pewter city, just examined the area carefully, paying attention to everything Derek said. His little black eyes shone in excitement, especially as he heard how the Gym here was full of water types. He knew their days here would be radical, but right now he wanted to rest.

"But I'm sure you want to rest now" Derek said as he turned to Pikachu smiling. The pair quickly made their way to the red roofed structure and entered as soon as the sliding doors allowed him too. He approached Nurse Joy in the front desk, and after exchanging looks with each other, the nurse finally greeted him like all others had. He turned in his Pokemon and walked over to a couch to rest his tired body. He collapsed on the couch, glad he finally had a place to rest. This Pokemon adventure was getting harder and harder; and he just had one badge. Deciding to leave future issues for the future, Derek unintentionally fell asleep on the couch.

After one complete hour of delightful napping, Derek awoke. He stood up from the couch and stretched himself, all of his bones cracking slightly as he did. He yawned loudly and walked over to the front desk to pick up his Pokemon.

When they were out of the Pokemon Center, Derek decided to look at the Bike Shop. "That will make us the trip much more easier, Pikachu" Derek explained. As they both approached, they saw tons of bikes on sale, all of different styles and colors. Inside the store there were loads of Bike accessories and tools. As the couple stared around, an employee asked them if they wanted to do something. After a chat, Derek walked out of the store with an incredibly angry and disgusted look on his face.

"What the hell!? $1,000,000?! That's insane! I doubt anyone around here even has an approximation of that amount! What are you thinking?!" Derek yelled incredibly loud as he walked away from the store. He was bright red in anger, and his closed fist trembled as he talked.
    "You gree... Woah!" Derek started saying, but was interrupted when a wrench was thrown at him from one of the employees. He crouched to dodge it, and luckily it missed. It would have been a very sad Game Over if it hit him.
    "Greedy idiots..." Derek said as he finished his statement and then headed over to Nugget Bridge.

As soon as he gave his first step on the bridge, a young boy walked over to him. It was very obvious that he wasn't aged enough to be a Pokemon Trainer. He was probably around 10, and his stature yelled that fact out loud. The kid then started to introduce Derek to this whole bridge deal and how it worked. His voice tone revealed his evident nervousness; and if that wasn't enough, his knees were all wobbly.

"Umm... Sir" The kid started saying. "Welcome to Nugget Bridge. If you make it through the 5 trainers here you will get a price"

After that, the kid went on with some illogical rambling. Derek didn't pay any more attention to him, but inevitably stared at the kid when he pulled out his Pokeball for a battle.

"Look, Kid" Derek started saying. "I really don't have time for this. I'll give you $20 if you let me through." As he finished saying this, Derek rifled to his bag to pull out the money, then handed them over to the kid without really waiting for answer.

"Deal!" The boy said as he took the money. "I wonder what I can do with this amount!" He asked to himself excitedly. "You can go buy a Magikarp. I heard they are incredibly strong. Like, whoa..." Derek said jokingly, expecting the kid to already know about Magikarp. It resulted the opposite, though.
    "Wow! Really? Thanks! I'll go get one! Thanks!" The kid yelled as he darted away from the bridge and vanished in the distance.
    "Wait!" Derek yelled. "I didn't... Oh well"

After this, Derek continued to head north. In a matter of minutes, a lass came up to him with a jolly expression. "Hello there" She said flirting as she walked teasingly towards Derek. "I'll tell you what. If you win you can continued up the bridge. If you lose, you take me out on a date tonight."
    Derek stared at the girl for some seconds, then burst out in laughter. Pikachu did the same. Before he could say anything, another lass appeared. "No! Hold on! Go out with me!" She cried out as she pushed the other girl outside Derek's vision range.

"No way!" The other girl exclaimed. "I saw him first!"

After this, a long quarrel of unintelligible insults arose between the girls, and the discussion went on for minutes. Two girls fighting over Derek? That's awesome. The bad point? They were both probably around 10. Derek gave one long sigh, then got an idea. He saw this girls' desire to date him as a perfect chance for a double battle. After proposing his idea, the girls finally agreed.
    "Hey. Why don't we do a double battle? If you win, I'll go out with you both"
    "But I hate sharing!..." "Yeah, Me too"
    "But better than nothing, I guess. Go, Jigglypuff!"
    "True... Go, Clefairy!"

"Excellent..." Derek said. If he lost the battle, he would be left in a rather uncomfortable situation, but alas... He was confident he would win.
    "Go Pikachu. Go Ness!"

His now fully healed Pokemon stepped out into the battlefield and prepared for the battle. "Pikachu, let's warm up with thundershock! Ness... You lie there"
    Pikachu let out a ThunderShock attack to the Clefairy, who took it considerably well. Magikarp, obedient as always, did what he was ordered. Derek was totally unaware, though, that Ness now knew an attacking move.
    When Clefairy came back to her senses, it was the girls' turn to do something.

"Jigglypuff, sing!" One lass ordered as the two girls, Clefairy and Derek covered their ears. The Jigglypuff then proceeded to sing her soothing lullaby, then inevitably Pikachu fell asleep. Magikarp was just flopping around carelessly.
    "Excellent! Clefairy, Wake-Up Slap!"

~If Pikachu is asleep... Why would they want to wake him up? The could pretty much make him faint right there...~ Derek thought confused, now knowing that a Wake-Up Slap on an asleep Pokemon was deadly. Clefairy walked up to Pikachu and landed one slap across his face. Just one, powerful hit.

Pikachu was sent flying back and slammed into Derek. Derek yelped in pain, and so did Pikachu, as they both stood up. "Are you Ok, Pikachu? I can let Mankey take it from here.." Derek asked concerned, but then immediatly Pikachu used Brick Break on Clefairy, making her faint.

"No! My Pokemon" The lass said as she started to cry and withdrew her Pokemon.
    "Hold, on, we still have a chance!" The other lass said. "Jigglypuff, Doubleslap!"

Jigglypuff then launched herself towards Pikachu, her fists ready to make contact with the Yellow Pokemon's face. Magikarp then decided to really do something in the battle, so as soon as there was going to be a fist-face connection, he leaped in between the two Pokemon to make his rubbery body take the hit.

Both Pikachu and Derek where impressed on how Magikarp took the hit without being ordered to do so. Magikarp was earning more and more respect from his teammates after each battle.
    "Pikachu, Magikarp took the hit for you. Don't waste the chance. Finish this off with Brick Break!"

Pikachu launched himself at Jigglypuff with his fist shining in a white color as he prepared for the attack.
    "Jigglypuff!" The lass said before Jigglypuff took the attack. "Metronome!"
    The pink blob then starting to wave her small hands from side to side slowly and at a steady rhythm, distracting Pikachu.

The results of Metronome were unknown, so perhaps getting to close to Jigglypuff wasn't a smart option. Just then, Jigglypuff started to shine in a white color, like if it was evolving.

"What?!" Derek said shocked. "Is there an attack that makes Pokemon evolve?" He said confused. His mind cleared up though, when he realized the Pokemon wasn't evolving. Derek then took many steps back nervous.

"Pikachu! Hurry! Take cover!" Derek said without giving out further explanation. Pikachu was confused, but anyway did as ordered. He ran over to Magikarp, grabbed both ends from him with his hands and stretched him so much it could be used as a blanket. The expected then happened. Jigglypuff used Selfdestruct.

A wide explosion occurred in the area, raising loads of dust from the ground. When the dust cleared, however, all you could see was Pikachu standing happier than ever in the middle of the battlefield, Magikarp retracting back to his actual size and a fainted Jigglypuff.

"Oh no..." The girls called as Jigglypuff was withdrawn. "We'll never go out now..." The both said as the started crying. Derek felt a deep remorse inside of him. He hated to see sad people; especially when there was something he could do to cheer them up. Derek sighed, then approached the girls.
    "Hey, I'm sorry. Perhaps I'm just not the guy for you. I'm sure you'll find someone adequate for you, girls" Derek started saying in a happy voice.

"Really?" The girls asked incredulous.
    "I'm positive about it" Derek said with a nod.
    "Well... Thanks" The girls said in a slightly more cheerful tone as they flashed a smile. They both then walked away and motioned for Derek to proceed.

Derek continued to walk along the bridge. Only two more trainers left. As expected, this two trainers stepped in front of him and tried to stop him, but Derek was getting tired of this and didn't feel like battling anymore.

"C'mon guys... Can't you just let me through?" Derek asked bored.
    The trainers didn't say anything, but instead let out a Pidgeotto and a Spearow.
    "Fine, we'll do this the tough way"

Derek send out Pikachu and only him. The two quiet trainers stared at each other confused, wondering why had he sent out only one Pokemon in a double battle. "This will be easy..." One trainer managed to say as his Spearow rifled from the skies unto Pikachu.

"Pikachu, Quick Attack" Derek said coldly. As the Spearow came down, Pikachu turned blurry, then disapeared and reappeared on a nearby area, causing the Spearow to hit himself on the ground. Pikachu then proceeded to ThunderShock the bird, resulting in a critical hit and therefore and instant knockout.

"Whoa..." The trainer said. "That was rather quick..."
    He withdrew his Pokemon and then ran away, now not even caring what the result of the battle would be. The other trainer became appalled at this event, and wanted to end the battle as soon as possible.

"Pidgeotto, Twister!" The trainer ordered as the Bird Pokemon flapped his wings wildly, causing a twister that engulfed Pikachu.

"Pikachu, just finish this" Derek said coldly as he 'prepared' to head down the last path of the bridge. Pikachu, who was inside the twister, nodded, then used the whirl of air against Pidgeotto. Pikachu shot out ThundeShock at a random place, and as soon as the jolt made contact with the 'walls' of the twister, it was shot out in a different direction and with more speed and power.

Only being able to hope one attack hit, Pikachu used ThunderShock wildly, until one of the jolts hit the flying Pokemon, knocking him to the ground. Before he could stand up, Pikachu rushed out of the twister with a Quick Attack, making Pigeotto faint. Pikachu and Derek didn't even bother getting the reward money. The electric Pokemon ran up to Derek as the finally made it across the bridge.

An eerie voice then greeted them.
    "Congratulations..."

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
    Years
    Kaiden woke steadily, the sound of a busy pokecentre surrounding him. He just kept his eyes closed and listened. Someone, female, giggled nearby. He slowly opened his eyes, then shot back to the head of his bed. Zubat was flapping inches from his face, mouth open, fangs displayed.

'They've been waiting for you sleepy head!' came the voice from his side. Turning he saw the nurse, her pink hair tied up and her white nurse outfit gleaming. On the floor was nidoran and cubone, looking up at him. Zubat screeched, and Kaiden grabbed him, hugging him close. Which caused him to flap even more wildly. Letting go, it fled, straight to the darkest area in the centre.

'Hey, come back zubat!' he yelled, laughing. He got out of the bed slowly, followed by his other two pokemon.

'Here are your pokeballs.' The nurse said, bowing slightly as she handed them over.

'Thanks, I needed the rest. Cya round.' he said, waving as he returned nidoran and zubat. He headed north, to the large bridge over the river. There were several trainers upon it, talking and lazing in the sunlight. As he approached the first one, he sighed, a small kid with a cap on backwards.

'This is the nugget bridge, get past us all and get a nugget!' he laughed, walking towards him.

'Sounds cool kid. Im surprised your here however.' he shrugged, giving a small look back to town.

'I heard there was a bike sale.' he finished. The kid was long gone. There was a large space, he supposed girls there must have already have left. There were two people left. The man ahead turned to him, pokeball bouncing in his hand.

'Come on child, lets do this, beat me, and your one step closer to the nugget. Go Mankey!' he shouted, releasing the rather large and nasty looking monkey pokemon.

'Alright, go Zubat!' Kaiden replied, releasing his bat pokemon, already a firm favourite. Cubone jumped up and down in support of his buddy.

'Ok, Mankey, focus!' the trainer said, the monkey slowly moving his limbs.

'Alright, lets get it started with a bite zubat!' he replied, the bat screeching and swooping down, sinking its fangs into the Mankey's shoulder, before taking off again.

'Ok mankey, karate chop!'

'Come on zubat, dodge the attack!' Kaiden said, desperate, worried about the fighting nature of mankey's attack. The karate chop slammed into zubat, pushing him to the floor, hand still on its back. Zubat stopped, flapping, pushing Mankey's arm up.

'Alright, bite now!' Kaiden said, laughing. Zubat flew in, past mankey's defense, and bit his side deep, hanging on. Mankey began running around crazily, Zubat still attached to him.

'Bite again!' Zubat chomped away. Mankey flinched, flinging the bat away but not moving.

'Come on Mankey, scratch!' his trainer shouted, worried. As zubat sweeped in, Mankey gashed his wing.

'Oh no! Zubat, one more, bite!' Kaiden shouted, Zubat struggling to stay airborne. Mankey went in to scratch again, both pokemon heading for each other. Kaiden winced as zubat screeched. Then something mental happened. Mankey ran around, flicking his limbs out. Zubat had bitten him in the wrist, hand inside of it. Slowly Mankey slowed down, and then stopped, falling backwards. Zubat only let go when Mankey turned into white and red light.

'How you like that man?' Kaiden laughed, returning zubat as he walked on.

'Hey you kid, well done, your at the end of nugget bridge.' came a voice from the end. Kaiden stepped off the wood of the bridge to see another member of the so called 'team rocket'.

'Team Rocket im guessing?' he asked.

'You are correct. Are you interested in joining?'

'You must be joking. You steal peoples pokemon!'

'If thats how you feel, then face my wrath. Go, Ekans and Rattata!' he shouted, flinging both the pokeballs.

'Alright, Cubone, Nidoran, you up!' he replied, releasing Nidoran, cubone stepping up from behind his trainer.

'Hyper fang! Poison sting!' The team rocket grunt ordered his pokemon. The Rattata bit hard on cubones skull, causing him to flinch in pain. The poison sting bounced harmlessly away from Nidoran, a poison pokemon.

'Come on guys, nidoran, poison sting rattata! Cubone, bone club ekans!' he shouted. Cubone flicked off the rat, running at Ekans at smashing his bone onto its serpentine head. It hissed, but backed off, coiling up. Nidoran's horn dove into rattata, who was starting to sweat and having trouble standing.

'Come on you stupid beasts! Attack! Attack!' the grunt said. Ekans tried wrapping nidoran, who wailed in pain from the crush, but was released as Ekans got struck by the poison pins along nidoran's body. It too appeared to be sweating.

'Alright! Nidoran, scratch Ekans! Cubone, headbutt it!' Kaiden said, again tasting victory. Nidoran ran, scratching the Ekans just on the yellow neck band. The snake looked down, mouth open. It screeched as it was slammed with a flying headbutt, bone could be heard as Cubone's skull collided with the snake's head. It flew into a nearby wall, and was withdrawn.

'Damn! Rattata, hyper fang again!.' he shouted. It tried to run, but stumbled and fell. It too was withdrawn.

'Fine. Happy, happy. You win. Take the nugget.' he said, annoyed, turning to leave across the bridge.

'Hey, do you know a grunt called Natalie?' Kaiden asked.

'That stupid little girl? I think she is back at Celadon after failing miserably in Mt moon. Why?'

'None of your business grunt.' he shrugged. Nidoran turning and chasing the Rocket. Cubone and Kaiden laughed, the poison rabbit constantly trying to stick the rocket with his horn.

'You get back here Nidoran!' he shouted, the rabbit complying, turning and walking back.

'Nice job guys, hows about a break?' he asked them, who both nodded, and he turned, seeing some grass to the left with a cliff. They all moved over there, and he slumped against the rocks, looking down at the gold nugget in his hand. Cubone was too slumped with his owner, whereas Nidoran was busy, chewing on some of the grass. He released zubat, who found a nearby rock, and was hanging by his two long toes, upside down, wings wrapped across his body.

Nidoran suddenly wailed, jumping back defensively as the piece of grass he was chewing moved...

OOC when I was younger and played blue, I always thought the nugget was a chicken nugget :cheeky:

And oo, Bellsprout or Oddish?

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    "Okay, hold still," Adel told the Sandshrew positioned in front of her as she pulled out the disc she had won from the Hiker not too long ago. Basil sniffed her hand curiously as she placed TM28 upon the Mouse Pokemon's head. Adel stood back and waited for the device to work its magic. The Ground type froze, his eyes widening as the TM registered something brand new and alien to his brain, blinking his eyes and flinching as the Dig attack inputed itself into his brain, as the disc atop his head broke into half and fell to the ground, completely useless now. The Sandshrew got on all his four paws, before proceeding to claw at the ground, a mischievous smile upon his yellow face, before the girl could comment on anything, Basil had disappeared into the hole he had dug up.

"Come out! Now!" Adeltruat folded her arms and called out in an irritated tone, much like a mother ordering her child not to wander off. Before long, the Mouse Pokemon emerged at her feet, receiving a startled yell from the female as she fell back and landed on her rear. She inhaled and exhaled a few times, while Basil groomed himself next to her, licking his paws as she calmed herself down. Even though the Sandshrew wasn't exceptionally strong, he certainly didn't lack a sense of humour. The fifteen-year old got to her feet, releasing a "tsk" as she tried to straighten and smoothen her crumpled skirt. After doing so, she grabbed onto Basil's arm and hoisted him into her arms, gesturing to the bridge located a short walk away from their current location at the exit of Cerulean City.

"With your current level, I can't obviously bring you into battle with a Gym Leader. We need to train you up first." She explained to him in a serious voice. The Sandshrew cocked his head, before burying his face in his paws and snuggling comfortably into Adel's chest, a soft "shrewww" came from his mouth as he stared up to her with pleading eyes. The girl had almost,almost, been won over by this trick. "No! You're going to battle, whether you like it or not!" She replied in a sharp and commanding tone as she started making her way over to the Nugget Bridge.

The first young boy was occupied with conversing with a young male. That trainer seemed awfully familiar, Adel had seen him before, she was sure of it. However, the girl decided not to dwell on it, as she saw Derek passing the young child some money, a few seconds later, the little trainer ran off the bridge and into the distance, mentioning something about a Magikarp before doing so. The girl slowed her pace, standing at the beginning of the bridge with Basil still snuggled tightly in her arms as she watched on as the boy journeyed further down and started a battle with two young girls. Adeltruat couldn't help be allow a slight smile upon her features, as she confidently strolled past the trio, glad that she had avoided three battles out of the supposed five. Even though her Sandshrew did need some training, the female obviously did not want to waste anymore time than necessary.

A young male stepped out to block her way, holding out one open palm as an extra measure. The girl nodded to show her understanding, allowing Basil to leap from her arms and land on the sturdy floor of the bridge. The Sandshrew pawed the air, bearing his fangs as the silent trainer retrieved a Pokeball from his belt and released a medium sized Bird Pokemon. The Pidgeotto spread his wings and crowed loudly, launching into the air in a majestic fashion that astounded the excited girl. Adel clasped her hands together and cooed in a high voice, "Oooh~! Pidgeotto!" It was incredibly rewarding to know that Kinah would soon look exactly like that; of course, she would look far more elegant than the boy's Pigeotto. The Sandshrew gazed in awe at the avian as well, a look of interest plastered on his face. Swiftly, he reacted to Adel's words, shooting forth and jumping as high as he could manage, scratching the Pidgeotto's left leg, resulting in the injured bird to caw in agony. Basil landed firmly on all fours, as the Pidgeotto rose higher into the air and began beating his wings faster and faster. Adel immediately recognized it as the Gust attack, and reacted accordingly.

"Defense Curl!" Basil unleashed his favourite move with delight, tucking himself into a neat orb just before the strong gale of wind made impact. His form withstood the large wind, as he slowly uncurled himself and regained his battle stance. Charging forward at the girl's command, the Sandshrew raised a glowing claw and struck the bird squarely in the wing. The poison damaged the bird critically, as he collapsed on the ground, struggling to regain flight; however, the toxic proved to be too strong, as all the avian could do was to muster up a Sand Attack in the direction of the Sandshrew. Startled, Basil rolled himself into his favoured shape, despite Adel's command to dig. The Mouse Pokemon finally realized that his trainer was directing a statement to him, franticly burrowing underground and digging a tunnel out underneath the earth. Pidgeotto and his trainer looked around with haste, unsure where the Ground type would pop out. Without warning, the Sandshrew burst out of the soil right below Pidgeotto's withered frame, sending the bird spiraling into his trainer. The dazed bird lay atop the boy, as he raised a shivering arm and gestured for the girl to continue.

After no more than ten steps, Adeltruat was confronted by yet another male. As careful with his words as the one before him, he slowly took out his Pokeball and awaited the girl without any pleasantries. Despite the uneager look on Basil's face, the female sent him out into the fray. His tail between his legs in despair, he watched on as a Spearow emerged from her Pokeball and approached him carefully. The Ground type straightened his posture and held his ready position, as the battle commenced and the bird flew into the air in a hauntingly familiar way. With as much agility as he could muster, Basil leapt and attempted a Scratch attack. The avian avoided it clearly, as if she had read his mind. Her trainer shook his head, before speaking in a soft and barely audible voice, "Don't assume that I didn't see that last battle you had." A difficult look appeared on Adel, before she proudly replied.

"Don't assume that an old Growlithe can't learn new tricks."

"Dig, remember to use the plan I taught you!" the girl shouted to her Sandshrew. The young yellow mouse obeyed without question, tunneling into the ground. The Spearow circled the area, eyeing every single part of the field, ready to attack. Basil broke out of the underground in one corner of the field, and the bird quickly swooped down, her talons readying to slash at the Ground type. Moments before such a thing could happen; the young Pokemon ducked and retreated back into his underground tunnel. The Spearow crashed into the ground, unable to stop herself so suddenly. As the bird regained her bearings, another hole in the earth appeared behind her, the Sandshrew leapt out of it before she had a chance to take note of her trainer's warning, and dug his claws deep into her feathers. The Spearow cried in pain, falling onto the floor due to the Sandshrew's weight. Basil scratched her once more, as the bird arched her back and shook the Mouse Pokemon off her. Landing with a horrible 'thud', Basil sprang to his feet, still far more energetic than the Spearow. As the bird started to take off, he jumped forth and grabbed onto her leg, as Adel commanded, pulling the avian down, this is turn resulting in the bird crashing loudly onto the Sandshrew. As exhausted as the little mouse seemed, he still managed to wriggle his way out from underneath Pidgeotto's comparatively larger build. He looked over his shoulder to see an unconscious Pidgeotto, and instantly, a grand smile came upon his adorable face.

He punched the air in victory, as his trainer jogged over and pulled him into a congratulatory hug.

The young trainer withdrew his fainted Pokemon with no remarks, nodding with respect to the girl before thumbing over his shoulder; the end of the bridge was just there, waiting for her. She approached cautiously; as a large man in an overcoat appeared from behind the bushes flagging the path that lead further down Route 24. Adeltruat stopped, feeling a sinister vibe emitting from the adult, she surveyed him carefully, as he pulled out a golden brick from his pocket and held it out for the girl. The nugget gleamed in the sunlight, and the female couldn't resist the temptation, she bowed to the male out of courtesy, before taking the gold and stuffing it into her bag. The girl then hastened to continue her walk along the route; however, the tall man blocked her way.

"Listen, girlie. You seem like a tough chickie. Wanna join me and my men?" He muttered in a low, creepy voice.

Adel hadn't the faintest idea what the man was talking about, but she stood her ground, stiffened her shoulders and strongly shook her head. Preventing her body from shivering was a laborious task, but she had to do it, to show that she wasn't afraid, to show that she was from the Haert family.

The middle-aged man chuckled softly, drawing closely and hissing in his terrifying voice.

"Sure? There are benefits. Loads of em'. All the nuggets you could ever dream about, and all you have to do i-"

"YES! I am quite sure about it!" Adel shouted loudly, pushing past him and running down the trail, daring not to look back as she escaped from the man. Her whole body shook with fear, she had never felt so.. so much uncertainty in her whole life, not even in Mount Moon. The way he looked at her, the wild eyes he possessed, and the way he spoke and moved, she shuddered at the memory, coming to a halt at a tree that had grown in the middle of a quaint meadow, sitting herself down and bringing her knees to her chin as she rested.

She wished that Leighton was around to comfort her, like he used to so many years ago.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Diegoyayi: Wow. Talk about a long post. If this had been dedicated to a single Pokemon it would've gained 4 Levels! But I am going to make give 2 Levels to each, seeing as it wasn't a special event. Great job here though. Probably your longest post yet!
    Pikachu grew to Level 16!
    Ness grew to Level 19!
    One more post and then you can fight Misty!

To Slave: That was a good post there. I see you decided to train all three of your Pokemon in one post, which is fine because it was sufficiently long. They will all gain 1 Level because of it. And yes, you did get the Nugget. One more post, then you can fight Misty! Oh, and the Pokemon you want to find is up to you.
    Cubone grew to Level 18! (you still have to let me know about Focus Energy)
    Nidoran grew to Level 14!
    Zubat grew to Level 17!
    Zubat wants to learn Wing Attack, but it already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Wing Attack?
    You got a Nugget!

To Ibuberu: This was a great post for you. I was very impressed by the strategy she used for Basil. Very well done with that. Awesome work. Sorry it took me so long to update, though. I've been very busy BUT, for the next few days I will be around pretty much 24/7, so if you post I will update it, for sure!
    Basil learned Dig!
    Basil grew to Level 16! (yes, you earned a 4 Level gain for that one)
    Basil is trying to learn Rapid Spin and Swift, but it already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for them?
    You get one more post here before you can challenge Misty. Make it count!

Last edited:

_Diego//

Years
    ((Lol.. I thought the same about nuggets))

"Congratulations, Kid... I see you successfully reached the end of Nugget Bridge." A man in a shady outfit said as he plopped out from the shadows and started to walk towards Derek. The man's outfit strangely resembled the one the Rocket Grunts in Mt. Moon were wearing. This clothing, however, gave Derek the impression this man was in a somewhat 'higher' rank than a grunt. Derek couldn't be sure of anything, though; and he really couldn't care less about how the Team Rocket ranking system worked. Then Derek replied:

"Um. Well, yeah. I mean, that's Nugget Bridge" He said as he stared back at the bridge, then turned back to the man, "And this is the end of it. So yeah" Derek finalized teasingly as he tried to move past the man, who emanated a strange and sinister aura all around him.
    "Didn't they teach you manners, kiddo? You can't just past walk through me in the middle of a conversation" The man teased back as he positioned himself in front of Derek, bringing him to a sudden stop. His rough built and height resulted intimidating to Derek, so he didn't do anything but taking a step back.

"Yeah, I was taught manners. But I was also taught not to talk eerie and creepy strangers" Derek replied as his face started to turn red in anger. It was getting so tiring dealing with all this trainers. Again, Derek tried to walk away, but the man pushed him back, now with a greater strength.

"Listen, boy. I'm not in the mood, Ok? So now you stay here and listen to what I have to offer. I am a member of this organization... Team Rocket. We are conquering the world with Pokemon soon, and a strong trainer like you would be of great use in our team. What do you say? Consider Joining... You can get everything you want..." The grunt spoke in his low voice tone as he stared directly at Derek.

Derek thought about this for some seconds. He examined his words and offerings over and over... And over. An brilliant idea then entered his mind. For sure the best idea he had ever had in his whole life. A grin of mischief spread across his face as he approached the grunt and stretched his hand.

"I'd be honored to be a member of Team Rocket. I will do everything I can to help Team Rocket rule the world"

"That is incredible." The Grunt said as he shook Derek's hand. "I declare you an official member of Team Rocket. Take this badge to show your accomplishment to other grunts." The man then gave Derek a red R-shaped badge. Derek took the badge and pinned it to his backpack, but in an area that was hidden so that no one could see he was a member. "Also, for joining, you can have this nugget"

"Oh, thank you, 'cause I'm starving." Derek said as he stretched his hand and waited for the man to place the object on his palm. Instead of receiving a chicken nugget, though, he got a gold nugget. Derek stared at the small pebble in amazement, but was pulled out of his thoughts when the grunt started to talk.
    "Not a chicken nugget. A gold nugget. You can get many of this just for being member of Team Rocket. Well, anyway, I have to leave now. Your first mission is to get to Celadon City, go to the game corner, and ask for a guy named Poncho. He'll know what to do." After saying this, the man vanquished into the shadows.

~It all worked to perfection...~ Derek thought. His plan succeeded. He had agreed to join Team Rocket. Now, no Rocket Grunts would attack him, so that let a class of trainers out of the roster. Also, he could get access to Rocket items, and he could cause major havoc to the organization from within. Bedazzled at how gullible and dumb the Rockets were, Derek decided to continued his path along the Route.

Only a few minutes passed, however, when Derek was stopped to stare at the area around and how it was full of trainers. Wow, it was going to be tiring to get through the route; but whatever. Before Derek could take another step, a girl that was familiar to his eyes rushed past him, running away desperately. Derek was sure she had seen her before, so he examined his mind and searched for an image of where had he seen her before. He then remembered it had been in Mt. Moon. She was the girl that was running away from the Zubat herd.

Just as Derek was going to turn around to see why was she running away so quickly, his answer arrived when a man nearly identical to the one that recruited him a while ago ran down chasing the girl. When he spotted Derek, though, he yelled something to him. "Hey, New guy! Help me catch her!"

"Eh... I don't think so, pal" Derek said, not moving from his spot. Instead, as the girl ran away, Derek threw a Pokeball in front of the chasing grunt. "Go Magikarp!" Derek exclaimed as the red fish came out from his Pokeball, directly in front of the bad guy. The grunt didn't have time to react, so he just tripped on the water Pokemon and fell down, slamming his face on a nearby rock. A loud scream of pain rose from the area and echoed along all of the Route. The evil grunt had apparently passed out; but Derek couldn't be sure. Maybe he was playing it so he could catch anyone that approached. Whatever the case was, Derek decided to walk away and avoid further trouble.

After some minutes, Derk finally got to the route where Trainers were appearing. But instead of going all 'Woohoo!', he actually got very depressed. Seriously, it was getting tiring. Why did everyone want to fight, anyway? And why didn't they fight each other? Why did the only want to bring him down? Who knew. Anyway, Derek slowly made his way through the path filled with trainers of many classes. The first one to step up to him was a youngster. The young kid, without saying anything, released a Rattata who prepared for battle immediatly. Derek realized it was already too late like to run, so he sent out Magikarp for a battle. As always, he opted for letting the little fish fight for himself.

Rattata made the first move and started by using a Super Fang attack. Magikarp took the hit with his rubbery skin and then just pushed purple rat away. Then it was Magikarp's turn, and he opted to use a deadly Splash. But nothing happened. Rattata laughed evilly, and with a mischievous grin on his face he darted towards Magikarp with a tackle. Magikarp flopped up high into the air and dodged the hit. Then, to everyone's surprise, Magikarp used an attack. He used Tackle on the Rattata. The water type Pokemon fiercely and bravely catapulted his whole body and made direct contact with Rattata's face, a loud slapping noise heard as he did. Rattata was apparently very weak or low-leveled, because the Tackle almost brought him down.

"Wow..." Derek said impressed on how his Pokemon turned really cool out of nowhere. "Use Tackle again!"

Magikarp smiled and used tackle on the little rat again, taking him down for good. The kid withdrew his Pokemon, and without saying anything, he dropped his prize money and ran away. As Derek was going to continue to go through the path, nearly 20 trainers, ranging from Youngsters to Hikers stepped in front of him and stopped him. "My turn!" "No! Mine!" "No, you fools, I saw him first!" "I'm telling my mom!"

All of the trainers started to brawl with themselves as they tried to decide which one should battle Derek first. Derek tried to sneak past through them, but the path was completely blocked by trainers. Derek sighed bored, wondering what he could do, then he go another idea. He reached towards his backpack and pulled out his just awarded nugget. "Hey, Guys! Check this out!" He exclaimed as he held the nugget on his open palm.

All of the trainers stared at the piece of gold in amazement, wondering what Derek could do with it. "Fetch!" He then yelled out loud as he threw the piece of gold downhill. The nugget rolled down the path, getting more speed and momentum on every passing second. All the trainers then, like ravenous beasts, ran towards it desperately, hoping to place their hands on the valuable item. Not even 10 seconds after, the path was cleared; and it revealed the entrance to Bill's house.

"Tada..." Derek said tiredly as he approached the house and entered.

Inside, a Clefairy ran in circles desperately. Pikachu was about to Brick Break him, but before the attack even started the Clefairy yelled something at them. "Hey! Hold it, guys! I'm not a Pokemon! I'm Bill! The Poke-Expert! One of my experiments went wrong, so I turned into a Clefairy. Go over to my computer and click the red button once I'm in that strange capsule over there. Help me, please. I'll give you a reward."

Derek didn't say anything; he just nodded and approached the computer. Bill then entered one of his machines, and when the door closed, Derek pushed the indicated button. A light then flashed inside the house, momentarily blinding Derek and Pikachu. When their eyes weren't burning anymore, though, the say Bill standing in front of them. "Hah, Thank you" Bill said as he stretched his hand to introduce himself.

"I'm Derek Stone. Nice to meet you." Derek said as he shook Bill's hand. The two chatted for a while on things about Pokemon, especially about evolutions. Something Bill was supposed to know something about.
    "So Bill, tell me something. I have this Magikarp right here." Derek said as he released Magikarp. Bill then examined the Pokemon thoroughly, and when he was done he just stared up at Derek and smiled. "Seriously, friend. This Fish Pokemon will give you a surprise when you least expect it."

After saying that, Bill reached to his pocket and pulled out around 5 pieces of paper. "Look. For helping me, I'll give you this. Tickets to the S.S. Anne. I heard they have will have an awesome party somewhere around this days. I can't go, so I'll give you this tickets so you can go in my place. Now, I have some work to do. It was nice meeting you, Derek."

Derek registered information on many Pokemon on his Pokedex from Bill's PC, then walked away as he stuffed the tickets into his bag. He walked carelessly around the route, but had to quicken his pace when he noticed how the Trainers chasing the nugget were returning. "Oh snap..." Derek said to himself as he started to run back to Cerulean.

He got tired before he arrived at Nugget Bridge, though, so he stopped for a moment to recover his breath. He was standing in a clearing with almost nothing but a tree. He was about to walk towards the tree, but was stopped when he noticed someone was already there. In fact, it was the girl he saw a while ago. She seemed fatigued from all the running she had done. She apparently hadn't noticed him, for just before he got to the meadow his moves started to become really quiet. He was about to approach, at least to ask something like 'Are you Ok?', but he stopped when he stepped on a small pile of twigs and dried leaves. The crackling sound caused goosebumps to Derek. The silence was broke all of a sudden, and he felt like a robber that had just been caught jumping over a fence. He stood there immobile and nervous, unsure of what to do.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    To Diegoyayi: Like you already said, this was yor second post, yet it leaves you still on Route 24/25. As long as you RP yourself getting from their to Misty and fighting her in your next post, all will be fine. Wow. That was really long though. It was obvious you were going for a large Level increase there. For your effrots, obviously, you would've gained 4 Levels. Seeing as the Level Cap is 22, though, I can only give you 3. Sorry man. But, just so you know, that was a great post! Excellent work man!
    Magikarp grew to Level 22!
    What!? Magikarp is evolving! Allow the process to continue?
    You got five S.S. Anne Tickets!

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Adel had forgotten how long she had been sitting under the tree, lost in her thoughts as she reflected the times when her older brother was around to teach her about Pokemon and to protect her from the neighborhood bullies, something that wasn't extinct in a quiet town like Pallet. The young boys with large builds and menacing height used to tease and taunt the small girl when she was just a child. However, Leighton was always there to chase them away before things could start to get even worse, the sense of security and protection her big brother gave her, was something that... she probably should have appreciated. Sighing softly to herself, her head still resting on her knees, she wondered what she could do now. After that experience with the Rocketeer, the girl had lost all enthusiasm and feeling for getting involved in a battle anytime soon. Of course, the Gym Leader or Cerulean was an exception. At the sound of snapping wood and the rustle of leaves, she lifted her gaze at lightning speed to see who had intruded her personal space.

Standing not too far away, a young male stood, this was the first time she had had a chance to survey him closely, noticing his broad build and strong frame, as well as rosy cheeks. That boy, he seemed to be around the same age as her, and he had been on the bridge as well, not too long ago. She had also dashed past him in her mad escape from the crazy man. And, come to think of it...

Adeltruat scrutinized her surroundings, realizing that the man had stopped chasing her. She held her breath, as the thought struck her like a hammer. Had.. had this trainer possibly saved her from the Rocketeer? Inwardly cursing herself for her lack of manners, she sprang to her feet and approached the tall boy, noticing that she was a fair bit smaller than him, though glad she was still taller than his shoulder. Adel bowed curtly, though unable to produce a proper smile.

"Hello. Did you happen to see a large, scary man in an overcoat following me just now?" The female inquired as pleasantly as she could to confirm her suspicion. If, if Derek had really saved her from Team Rocket, wouldn't it mean that she was somehow in his debt, now? The girl shuddered at the thought, spotting a Bellsprout crawling out from the long grass behind the boy. With his front turned to face her, Derek had failed to notice the approaching Grass type, its sharp leaves raised as it prepared to attack. Swiftly unclipping a Pokeball from her belt and releasing her Pidgey in a flash of scarlet, the girl pointed over the boy's shoulder, directing Kinah's attention to the hostile Bellsprout. The bird cawed with excitement, elated that she could finally participate in a battle. She had failed to claim victory during the last two matches she had taken part in, the avian would not allow such a thing to repeat itself for the third time. Raising her wings and beating a large gust attack at the startled Grass type, she delivered massive damage due to the obvious weakness of the opponent. The injured creature began to hobble away from Kinah, who simply would not let it run from a battle. The bird viciously chased after the Grass type, as Adel shouted out a command.

"GUST!" she had to strain her voice, as the two creatures ran further and further away from her and Derek. Kinah acted the moment she heard the girl's voice, swooping low and kicking up another large gale, knocking the Bellsprout out the moment the effective attack made contact. Kinah nodded confidently at the unconscious mass lying at her feet, before spreading her wings and proceeding back towards the direction of Adeltruat.

The girl turned to look at Derek, speaking in a relieved voice, "Now, I don't owe you anything."

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    To Ibuberu: Nice job with the Character interaction there. It fit in well. Yes, you did make a long enough post to gain a Level for Kinah. Nice work! On to Misty, whenever you are ready.
    Kinah grew to Level 18!
    What!? Kinah is evolving! Allow the process to continue?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back