• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles: Episode I - Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Slave: Nice first post there. I see that you were trying to interact a bit with Ibuberu there. That's pretty cool, but just keep in mind we hold a fairly fast pace in this RPG, and those kind of "back and forths" take a bit longer than we like. We will have time for those later though, trust me. You can edit your post to make it longer now, however. You can fight Brock whenever you like.

To Ibuberu: That was a really awesome post and also very entertaining to read! Excellent work on that! As soon as Trainer Kat, Slave and Diegoyayi fight Brock you'll be able to move on towards Mount Moon. Great job!
    Squirtle grew to Level 14! (seeing as that is the Level Cap for Pewter City. Otherwise it would be 15.)
    Squirtle is trying to learn Water Gun, but Squirtle already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Water Gun?
    You earned TM39!
    You earned the Boulder Badge!
    You earned a Rare Candy! (for such a good RP post.)

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Bobby leaned against the wall of the Pokemon Center in Pewter City staring at his new Badge. He looked back on what happend yesterday as so much stuff did happen. Caterpie evolved, they finaly reached Pewter City, and he won his first Gym Badge. To his surprise he had found out that he was one of the first trainers to win his badge, as all day he had seen two of the boys from Pallet Town walk into town. There was three other ones came as well, and they looked like they came from Prof. Oak. Now all three of the guys had badges.

While Bobby thought about this, he left his lean to and headed towards the Museum, bored. When he got inside he paid the $50 entrence fee. In the main hall he saw the Eevee from the lab. "Hey little guy what are you doin here?" Bobby asked bending down trying to pet it. The Eevee on the other hand had other ideas as it bit his hand. "OW!" Bobby cried out in pain.

Leaving the Eevee, Bobby walked upstairs fuming. On his way up he saw the Eevee's trainer running down in a hurry. 'Oh, what's his name...?' Bobby wondered, but the boy was already gone. "Oh well," Bobby said finishing climbing the stairs and saw a bunch of secruity gaurds. 'Guess I shouldn't be up her...' Bobby thought.

As he was reaching into his jacket to get Charmander's Pokeball, the guards saw him and yelled "Hey! He's putting the Old Amber in his pocket, get him!"

"What?!" Bobby yelled and started running, as the guards were really big and he was small. Bobby quickly ran out of the museum, where the guards followed. Bobby ducked into the local Poke Mart, where he saw the guards run past.

"Hi! How may I help you?" the clerk inquired.

"Um, an I get 2 Paralyz Heals and 2 Awakenings?" Bobby asked, flustered by the commotion. He paid for the items, checked to see if the coast was clear, and silently walked on to Route 3.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • With the amber now tucked securely in his bag, Jack gathered the evolution Pokémon into his arms. Her body was warm, and felt terribly uncomfortable when combined with the sun's bitter rays. She, too, suffered from the heat, and struggled within the boy's grip. As his hold loosened, she ascended his arm to settle on his left shoulder. The fur that smothered his neck caused perspiration to roll down his forehead, but the Pokémon beside him was what really mattered now. After all, he wasn't going to waste time by ferrying her to the Pokémon Center, so she needed to be at her best in order to claim victory. Just this once, he was willing to put aside his selfishness for…more selfishness. It wasn't her safety he concerned himself with, rather, it was her condition. But his reasons for doing what he did had never been important in the past, and they weren't important now. With a final look back at the museum, now brimming with police (including one rather luscious policewoman with teal hair), Jack began to make his way towards the gym, which just so happened to be closer to the museum then he had initially thought.

The building was grey, and, like the rest of town, was made almost entirely out of stone. The doors appeared heavy, and, in this case, appearances were not deceiving. The brunette had to hurl the majority of his body weight into the tablets in order to gain entrance. The interior was dark, almost pitch black. As if on command, the overhead lights flipped on, rays plummeting downwards to reveal a dirt arena. On the side opposite Jack, a boy who couldn't have been terribly older than him stood, arms crossed, eyes clenched shut. Spiky brown hair darted in all directions. Momentarily, Jack mused on the boy's sight – he seemed to be blind. This thought was quickly dispelled, however, when the boy spoke with words he could only use if he were capable of sight.

"I hope you don't plan on fighting me with that Eevee. My Rock Pokémon will crush it!" He grinned, withdrawing a Pokéball from his belt. "Though, I suppose introductions come first. I'm Brock, Pewter City's gym leader. And, by the look of things…" He gestured to the stone walls, as well as the rock-laden arena before continuing. "…I'll bet you've already guessed that my specialty is Rock Pokémon!"

Yeah…not to mention the fact that you just got done telling me you used rocks. Forgetful old fart. Jack's emerald eyes spun sarcastically at the thought. "Yeah, yeah," he interjected, his tone impatient. "Let's just get on with this. I'm just itching to destroy you." He finished his sentence with a cocky smile, taking the posture of a man getting ready for a twenty-man bar brawl. Brock grinned coolly.

"Settle down, kid. This isn't a fistfight. I'm assuming by your ignorance that this is your first gym match." Jack shut his mouth, lowering his hands to take the stance of a normal human being. "Let me tell you some things first of all. Gym matches aren't like normal Pokémon battles. They're a lot tougher. If you don't think you're ready, back out now, because your Pokémon could get seriously hurt. The battle here will be two-on-two, so if that Eevee's your only Pokémon, you'd better think twice about challenging me. You're a newbie, so I would assume you haven't faced any Rock-type Pokémon. Don't underestimate them. Now, I'd better stop before I give away any secrets, right?" There, he gave Jack what could only be interpreted as a wink, despite the fact that both his eyes remained firmly shut. "So, you still want to take me on?" Jack's face gushed determination.

"Do you really think…that after all of this, I'd back away now? After coming this far?" He grinned, pointing at the lightly tanned boy with his left index finger, allowing Eevee to run down the length of his arm before hurling herself towards the center of the arena. Brock smirked, tossing a Pokéball high up into the air, allowing it to come crashing down onto the pavement. As soon as it hit, the Pokéball itself shot back into Brock's awaiting hands, leaving only the forming ball of evanescent light. The final form wasn't much different then the ball of light that had once enveloped it. In fact, it was just a boulder…with arms. Levitating a few inches above the ground, it seemed to lack a need for legs, which was quite fortunate, seeing as it didn't have any.

"You think that stone can beat me? Eevee! Tackle it!" The evolution Pokémon wasted no time in launching herself at Geodude, her body making a direct hit with his. Quick to jump to conclusions, Jack pumped his fist in the air. The victorious gesture came too soon. Eevee froze, still pressed firmly against the Rock type. Suddenly, she staggered backwards. Jack blinked. She appeared to be in pain, most likely due to the intense collision with Geodude's solid frame. Soon enough, she regained her composure, and appeared ready to attack once more. Brock grinned.

"That was a free hit. Now you see the superior defense of rock-type Pokémon! Now, Geodude! Tackle it!" It was a solid hit. Eevee was propelled across the arena, collapsing in a heap in the corner of the room.

"Eevee, get up!" The evolution Pokémon struggled to stand, eventually pushing her weakened body into an upright position. "Alright, that was a close one." He shot her a relieved smile, and she returned the gesture. "Brock's Pokémon may be tough, but if they can't hit you, they can't do anything. Kick up some sand!" The Pokémon turned, shooting an intense spray of sand towards Geodude. Physically, Eevee was unable to beat the Rock type, but its speed was no match for hers. The sand hit it directly, clouding its vision. Frantically, it swung its club-like fists in a futile attempt to hit Eevee, who had leapt far outside its reach. "More sand!" Upon command, Eevee made the equivalent of a dust storm within the arena. Sand swirled around, obscuring the view tremendously. Neither Pokémon could be completely sure where the other was, a fact that was made obvious as Eevee was struck by one of Geodude's swinging fists.

"Geodude can hear you, Eevee! You're making too much noise. Run circles around it so it can't determine your location!" The Pokémon obeyed, swiftly spiraling around Geodude. The Pokémon became frantic once more, and spun wildly about in order to hit its opponent. "Now, throw everything you have into it! Tackle, now!" Springing forwards, Eevee slammed the Geodude with her full body weight. A crash could be heard. Though visibility was extremely low, both Pokémon's shapes could be made out. Geodude was down, and Eevee was weakly staggering towards her trainer, making it to his shoes before collapsing. The brunette picked Eevee up in his arms. "You did so well, Eevee. Really, you did."

"Don't think it's over just yet," Brock scolded as he recalled his fallen Pokémon. "There's still one more you have to face, and I can assure you, it's much more powerful than the first." Jack swallowed rather loudly as he fingered the last Pokéball on his hip. It was up to Beedrill now, but since the ground was shrouded in dust, Beedrill would have the advantage, as he was aerial. Little did Jack know that Beedrill's flight wouldn't do him much good.

"Beedrill, your turn!" Right on cue, the Bug type burst from its Pokéball, positioning himself above the cloud of sand.

"Go, Onix!" Brock yelled as he hurled yet another Pokéball towards the center of the arena. Jack had to will himself not to run from the gym and give up being a trainer altogether. Before him was a mammoth snake made entirely from boulders. Just by laying eyes upon the Pokémon, he doubted Beedrill's ability to win.

And what would you do if he loses, Jack? "Go Old Amber!"? Like that'd go over too well. But how am I supposed to take this thing out? It's gargantuan! Jack bit his bottom lip as he mulled things over in his mind. Without warning, Beedrill began to attack, a spray of string exiting his mouth and wrapping around Onix. The attack was pointless, as it didn't inhibit Onix's movements in the slightest. Instead, it raised its tail and swatted Beedrill out of the air. He plummeted towards the ground, yet somehow managed to right itself just in the nick of time. He hovered in midair, his exoskeleton becoming glossy as he hardened his bones. Onix coiled its tail around Beedrill's form, raising him to its head as it gave a tight squeeze. Beedrill struggled, and, with much difficulty, managed to free his arms. In a rage, he began to furiously stab at the rock snake's body, causing the Pokémon to release him. Unfortunately, he was weak. He began to fall to the earth, landing at Jack's feet.

"Beedrill!" Jack rushed to his Pokémon. His last hope. He didn't even hesitate when he withdrew a Potion from his bag and applied it to Beedrill. The Pokémon hadn't regained full health, but it was a quick fix for the time being. Flying up to Onix's face, Beedrill released the attack upon Onix's jaw.

It seemed, for once, he had gotten lucky.

Onix toppled backwards, emitting a roar of agony as it collapsed. Brock was quick to recall this one.

"Despite winning by a fluke, a win is a win. Congratulations. You've earned the Boulder Badge. Oh, and…you need some better moves, kid. Take this TM. It contains Rock Tomb. It's pretty powerful…if you use it right." Jack grasped the objects in his hands, opening his mouth to say something. He was cut off by the gym leader. "One word of advice. You're going to need to get a lot stronger. Not every gym leader can be beaten by luck alone."

It was a good thing, then, that Jack rarely got lucky.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
  • "Huh?" Derek said scared as he stared around the cold gym. Not even the slightest beams of light were visible. Pikachu used a few jolts of electricity to light up the area, but only for some seconds. The few things he could notice when there was light was that all of the gym was made of a very polished stone and that it was very plain; having just an arena in the middle. The material of the gym caused the inside of the large structure to be very cold.

After one minute of silence and dark, a single lamp lit up above a person. It was a tan skinned person with brown, spiky hair and he was wearing a gray vest. "It was me" the figure replied as he stood up and jumped down from a stone pillar he was sitting in. "My name is Brock, I'm the I'm the Rock-Hard Gym leader of this city. Have you come for a challenge?" Brock said in a cold, heartless tone.

"Um.. Yeah, Urgh, I..." Derek stuttered as he gave two steps back. Pikachu lowered his ears scared as he stared at the Trainer that stood in front of them.
    "Are you?" Brock replied, getting angry that fast. "I have many challenges, so if you're not sure you'd be making us a favor if you left"

"No, wait!" Derek said as nodded unsure. "Yes, I search a battle with you. I want to start getting badges and challenge the Elite Four. I know this is the place to start."

"Did I mention I wanted to here what was your life plan? Now get on with it" Brock said as he pulled out a Pokeball. The lights of the whole gym lit up and informed Derek he was already standing on his side of the battlefield. He threw it to the ground to release his Pokemon. A white light flashed and a Geodude appeared.

"Ahh... Go, Pikachu!" Derek said as Pikachu jumped down from his shoulder. Pikachu replied by saying the first two syllables of his name blankly and then just staring at the Pikachu. Around thirty seconds passed before one of the two Trainers decided to make the first move.

"Geodude, use Tackle!" Brock called out as the rock with arms Pokemon shoved his body, which was also his face, directly at the yellow mouse Pokemon. "Pikachu, counter that with a ThunderShock!" Derek then ordered as quickly as he saw Geodude in the air.

Yellow and blue sparks came out came out of the electricity pockets in Pikachu's cheeks, then a more concentrated jolt shot out and made a direct contact with Geodude. The Pokemon, however, seemed unaffected, even though it was literally engulfed into electricity. Geodude laughed evilly as he continued with his attack, successfully landing it on Pikachu. Pikachu was knocked to the ground very harshly. Brock then laughed along with his Pokemon.

"Dont you know electricity is useless against ground types? Geodude is a rock and ground Pokemon, so there's nothing you can do to it! You should do a research on types before taking on a Gym Leader!"

"Wow... That was cold..." Derek murmured to himself as he stared at Brock, who showed no other emotion than seriousness. However, Brock had a point. Pikachu wasn't going to do much, or in that case, anything to Brock's Pokemon. "Pikachu, try... Uh..." Derek said as he thought about an attack, but before he could proceed to finish his sentence, Pikachu was tackled again.

As 'turns' continued to pass, Pikachu's efforts to stop Geodude were proved futile. Pikachu now had a considerable amount of wounds on him, but he knew he could still fight. "Pikachu..." Derek replied, unsure of what to do. Yet again, Geodude launched itself towards Pikachu. Derek ordered for a Growl and stretched his hand to point at the Geodude, and as soon as he did this, his backpack fell to the ground and opened itself, dropping all of the items contained in it. Among those items was the CD he received at the Forest. He didn't pay much attention to this event and continued to focus on the battle. Pikachu had to take another hit.

"That's it, pal. Come back" Derek said when he saw his Pikachu was too hurt. Pikachu took some steps back to go back to Derek's side, who quickly stretched his arm over to his belt to pull out his other Pokeball. "Go, Mankey!"

As soon as Mankey was released and before he could take an order from Derek, the Pokemon darted itself to the Geodude with a Low Kick, knocking it out for a while. Mankey used this moment to juggle with it. Brock was shocked at this event, and desperately yelled for Geodude to come back to his senses.

"Umm... I guess that's a good job" Derek said with a shrug as he stared at Mankey. He then looked down and noticed how all of his stuff was lying on the floor. Just when he was about to pick everything up, a man with glasses and a robe tapped him on the shoulder. "Um. Sir, is that item yours?" he said in a very nerdy tone as he picked up the TM 31.

Derek nodded at the question and replied he didn't know what that thing was for. "Well, let me tell you. This is a Technical Machine! It is an item that teaches a move to the Pokemon and then disintegrates. This one is TM 31, so I'm guessing... Um... Let me remember... Brick Break! Yes! This TM teaches Brick Break to a Pokemon! You could use it on Pikachu to have a type advantage on this battle!"

Before Derek could say anything, the man took the CD in his hand and touched Pikachu with it. The disk immediatly glowed in a white color, then disapeared. Pikachu stared at Derek confused, unsure of what had happened, then turned back to the battle. The man the kept himself quiet and looked at the battle. By now, Geodude had released himself from Mankey's juggling; and had countered with a tackle that came up doing significant damage.

"Mankey!" Derek called as son as his Pokemon rose to his feet. "Use Low Kick, Again!"

Mankey did as ordered and threw himself at the Rock Pokemon, who tried to dodge the kick bu jumping. It came out for worse, though, because while it was in the air, Mankey kicked him from below and launched him high into the sky. All of the people and Pokemon there stared up at the same time, watching how Geodude was spinning desperately in mid-air. Then they all followed Geodude with their sight as the Pokemon landed on the ground, causing a slight quake inside and lifting a dense curtain of dirt. When the cloud disapeared, you could see that Geodude had fainted.

"Gah.." Brock said bored as he withdrew his Pokemon. "Now prepare for this..." Brock added as he launched his second and last Pokemon. A giant snake that seemed to be built by yoked boulders appeared in the middle of the battlefield. "Onix!" Brock exclaimed as he laughed, believing this battle could be considered over.

"Wow..." Derek said to himself as him and his two Pokemon stared up at the enormous Pokemon. "Ok Mankey, let's take it easy. Use..." Before Derek could finish saying his command, Onix threw himself at Mankey with a fierce Tackle. Fortunately, Mankey was much more agile than Onix, and no genius was needed to deduce that. He jumped up into the air and landed on Onix's head, which literally 'bit the dust' because his attack missed. Mankey ran up and down the Pokemon's body, taking this whole deal as a game.

"C'mon Mankey! Get serious!" Derek ordered. "Use Low Kick!"
    He knew that Low Kick had more power if enemies were larger, and Onix was, by far, larger than any other Pokemon he could remember seeing. Mankey sighed bored as he jumped to the ground and used the attack on Onix. Onix was brought to the ground with a lot of strength; all of the rocks on his body shook wildly. As he stood up, Mankey used the same attack again, greatly weakening the Onix.

"Onix, Rock Tomb!" Brock said while his Onix was still in the ground. Onix cried out his name, then hit the ground so hard boulders plopped up from the floor. Onix proceeded to grab this rocks with his mouth and throw them at Mankey. Every single Rock hit him, and before Mankey could react, he found himself trapped in between many rocks. "Onix, now use Tackle!"

The snake Pokemon increased his speed dramatically as he launched his head to the stones, which shattered at he made contact with them, and hit the Mankey with a critical hit. Mankey had fainted from the attack, and Derek was forced to call him to his Pokeball. all Derek had now was his Pikachu.

"You think you can go through this, buddy?" He asked as he stared at Pikachu.
    "Chu!" Pikachu replied with a nod and a smile as he stepped into the battlefield.
    "Prrf, Pikachu again?!" Brock teased. "This is game over, pal"

Derek made the first move with Pikachu. "Pikachu, Onix is very strong in defense, but had low HP. Weaken him with Tail Whip!"
    Pikachu nodded and proceeded to stared at the Onix, however, he didn't move. He just had a confused gesture on his face. "Pika?" he asked himself as he turned back to Derek. He had forgotten that move.
    "What?!" Derek exclaimed appalled. "How come you don't know the move! You could use it before this battle!"

Brock started to laugh as he pointed at Pikachu. "Onix, Bind!" Onix grinned mischievously as he slid over to Pikachu and wrapping the small Pokemon with his gargantuan body. Pikachu was held there for some minutes, crying in pain. Derek wasn't sure of what to do, but remembered what the nerd said:

"This TM teaches Brick Break to a Pokemon! You could use it on Pikachu to have a type advantage on this battle!"

~Oh, right!~ Derek thought. "Pikachu! Free yourself from there and use Brick Break!"
    Pikachu did as ordered, struggling to squeeze his body out of Onix's, and after a few tries he managed to do so. Pikachu quickly ran over to Onix's head and stood on his 'snout', staring at the giant Pokemon directly in the eyes. His fist then started to glow. Pikachu then have a high jump, and as he went down, his fist connected to Onix's face, taking the Pokemon along with his fist and slamming his face on the ground. Pikachu smiled in satisfaction as he went back to his trainer, who was by now approaching Brock.

"What?... What just happened..." Brock asked himself as he withdrew his Pokemon. He had a sad look on his face, but then his frown turned to a smile when he approached Derek and stretched out his hand. "That was an amazing battle. I can't remember last time I had so much fun in a battle. You earned my respect; but that's not it. Please, take this Boulder Badge, which acknowledges you have beaten me; and, as a personal gift, take this TM 39!"

"Thanks a lot, Brock" Derek said as he shook Brock's hand, then took the TM and stored it on his bag. He didn't take the badge, though. He just contemplated it from Brock's hand. ~ I really earned this~ Derek thought satisfied as he took the badge and pinned it to a pocket on his backpack.

After a few minutes, Derek walked out of the gym and headed to the Pokemon Center. On his way there, however, the nerd he met inside the gym ran out to congratulate him for his win. Not only that, but he also gave Derek a piece of paper that had many numbers on it and an attack next to each. The nerd classified the item as a 'TM Guide', and said it was useful because the TM CD's didn't really say what attack they had...

Derek thanked him and proceeded his walk to the Pokemon Center.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Slave: Awesome post there with Brock. I'm impressed by your first real showing of some RPG prowess. Excellent work. For your efforts:
    Cubone grew to Level 13!
    Cubone learned Headbutt!
    Cubone wants to learn Leer, but it already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Leer?
    You earned TM39!

To Zimvee: Haha! I really like your post about the Museum there. Very creative! You earn a Rare Candy for your clever interaction with Trainer Kat's Character!
    You got 2 Paralyze Heals!
    You got 2 Awakenings!
    You got a Rare Candy!

To Trianer Kat: EPIC!!!! Wow, I really felt like I was watching an anime episode when I read that post...seriously. That was just excellent when Eevee ran into the battle from Jack's arm. You portrayed both Brock and Jack very well, and I was very impressed as I read through it. You keep this up and your Pokemon will become too powerful...haha. It's a good thing I put Level Caps, for game balance's sake! Also, I like how you don't actually name the attacks, instead you just have the Pokemon perform "techniques". Very well done.
    Eevee grew to Level 13!
    Beedrill grew to Level 14!
    Beedrill is trying to learn Focus Energy, but it can't learn more than 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Focus Energy?
    You got TM39!
    You got a Rare Candy! (for post excellence)

To Diegoyayi: That was an awesome post for a Gym Battle! I really commend you! Good work with that one. Both of your Pokemon will be recieving large Level gains. Also, that was clever use of your Pokemons' personalities (particularly Mankey's) and it added a lot to the post. Nice work man.
    Pikachu forgot Tail Whip and learned Brick Break!
    Pikachu grew to Level 13!
    Pikachu wants to learn Quick Attack, but it already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Quick Attack?
    Mankey grew to Level 10!
    Mankey wants to learn Fury Swipes, but it already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Fury Swipes?
    You got TM39!

To All: Give yourselves a hand. You guys beat your first Gym Leader! Awesome job guys. I must say that I'm very impressed with all your work. A lot of you guys surpass me quite a bit as far as writing skill is concerned. Excellent progress so far. Well, onto the next Chapter now! You guys can post as soon as it is up.

Chapter 6
    -Route 3-

OOC: Alright guys, this is the Route you will be travelling through before you reach Mount Moon. It works just like the other Routes did and this time you will get two posts each (in no particular order). Remember, as soon as I update the stats from your first post and can go right ahead with your second one. If Ibuberu or Slave has any questions about this, they can post them in the OOC thread, but I do suggest reading previous Route intros to get all the information you'll need.
    There is a man selling a Magikarp in the Pokemon Center. If you wish to "buy" it, you must make a completely seperate post dedicated to that one goal. Keep in mind that it will be considered a RARE Pokemon for this specific event, so adjust your post accordingly. Also, it must be your second post, due to the fact that the Pokemon Center is located at the end of Route 2. First come first serve (and no, it won't be me).

Level Cap: 15

Description

Route 3 is a rugged mountain road located in northwestern Kanto, between Pewter City and Mount Moon. There are many experienced Trainers along here, each having quite a variety of Pokemon from the area. There are occasional rock slides, but you shouldn't worry about that...too much.

Areas of Interest
    Pokemon Center: A large white building with a red roof. This place houses a Nurse Joy and several Chanseys intent on healing your Pokemon for free overnight. What a deal!
    Also, there is a strange man in here selling a Magikarp, an apparently very rare and powerful Pokemon for quite a hefty price. He only has one availible for sale, and he will sell it to the first bidder.

Wild Pokemon
    Pidgey - 016

Level: 8-10
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye or Tangled Feet
    Attacks: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust (9)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Spearow - 021

Level: 8-12
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack (9)

Nidoran (F) - 029

Level: 9-11
    Type: Poison
    Ability: Poison Point or Rivalry
    Attacks: Growl, Scratch, Tail Whip, Double Kick
    Rarity: Uncommon

Nidoran (M) - 032

Type:Poison
    Ability: Poison Point or Rivalry
    Attacks: Leer, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick

Jigglypuff - 039

Level: 8-10
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Attacks: Sing, Defense Curl, Pound
    Rarity: Rare

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Bobby released Charmander as soon as they were far enough from the city. "There you go buddy," Bobby said, "Looks like you could use some fresh air!"

"Charmander!" Charmander happily agreed, and proceded to stretch, to get over being trapped in the ball.

As they walked along, Bobby noticed that the cliff beside them had many loose boulders on top of it. "We best not make too much noise here Charmander." Bobby whispered,"We might cause the boulder's to fall down on us." Charmander nodded his head and they both continued on.

"Hi Bobby!" a voice yelled out from the trees, and a girl swung down from a branch giving Bobby quite a fright.

"AHH!" Bobby said out of surprise. "WHAT THE HECK AND WHO ARE YOU?!" Bobby screamed in anger.

"Oh... don't you remember me?" the girl said sadly.

Bobby took a long look at her and then saw her pony-tail, bug box, and net in her hand. "Oh! Arn't you that girl I battled in Virdian Forest?" Bobby asked recalling a vauge memory.

"Yes! Remember my name is Ann!"

Bobby took another long look and said "Oh yeah! The weird girl who liked bugs!" As he looked at her smiling he saw that she was give him the worst sort of evil eye. The implications of what he just said dawn'd to him. "Oh... yeah um I didn't mean that the way it sounded..." Bobby's voice trailed off as she looked mad still.

"Well," she said coldly "I was going to challenge you to fun one-on-one battle, but since you have disrespected bug pokemon, we will do a double battle!" Ann grabbed two Pokeballs from her waist. "Beedrill, Jigglypuff go!"

Bobby saw that her Weedle had evolved twice. He was puzzled by the pink thing, but he thought 'She is a girl, so naturally a pink thing...' Sighing as there looked no way out of the fight Bobby grabbed his own Poke Ball and threw it, "Metapod, Charmander go!" Metapod appeared in a flash of light, while Charmander rushed into battle.

"OOO!" Ann cried when she saw Metapod. "It's soooo cute! Too bad it has too lose..." Ann paced back and forthed, while Bobby's patience waned. "I know! Beedrill, carry Metapod to the top of the cliff!" Beedrill complied and lift the inmobile Pokemon into the air.

"Hey! That's cheating!" Bobby cried out.

"Sorry, didn't want cutey over there hurt." Ann said with a wink. "Now Jigglypuff, Sing Charmander to sleep!" Jigglypuff sang a lullaby and Charmander crashed to the ground asleep.

"Charmander!" Beedrill then used Fury Attack on the helpless lizard. Meanwhile Bobby noticed Metapod had used String Shot to get to a boulder and had tied itself to it. Metapod was rocking back and forth to get off the cliff.

Metapod fell bringing the boulder with it. "Metapod!" Bobby cried out. Suddenly Metapod detached itself from the boulder and used String Shot to connect to... Bobby's face. Metapod crashed into Bobby. Meanwhile the boulder landed on Beedrill knocking the poor bug out.

"Metapod you crazy cacoon!" Bobby said looking like he was about to yell. "That was awsome! Only you're brave enough to do that!" Metapod's eyes danced with happiness at those words.

Meanwhile Ann was returning Beedrill. "Oh my darling..." she sobbed. Suddenly Jigglypuff came crashing back knocked out as well. "What?" Ann exclamied. Charmander stood awake and Bobby had an empty awaking in his hand.

"Good thing we bought these." Bobby expressed gleefully. Bobby saw Ann give him a dirty look, grab Pinky, and took off yelling "I'll be back!..." "She is crazy..." Bobby muttered. He picked up Metapod and contuied down the route.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Zimvee: You did put up a great post there. You did a double battle, so I am a bit confused as to which Pokemon I should give the experience to. I was planning on giving 3 Level to one of your Pokemon, but since you did have two of them fighting, this ONE time I will give different gains to each.
    Charmander grew to Level 9!
    Metapod grew to Level 10!
    What? Metapod is evolving! Allow the process to continue?

_Diego//

Years
  • After a couple of minutes, Derek walked out of the Pokemon Center with his Pokemon now at 100% of their energy. "We're now heading over to Route 3, Pikachu. We have to hurry up, though. We need to get across Route 3 to arrive at Mt. Moon in the night. Let's stock up before we leave, Ok?" Derek asked as Pikachu smiled and nodded, then climbed up to Derek's shoulder.

Derek made his way to the Pokemon Mart, which was not more than 10 minutes away from the Pokemon Center. He proceeded to walk in and approach the counter; where a guy immediatly greeted him as he approached. "Hi there, how may I help you?" The Shopkeeper inquired as he stared at Derek with a smile on his face.

"Yes, please" Derek replied with a happy grin as he began to pull out money from his backpack. "I'd like 2 Pokeballs and 2 Repels, please." Derek added.

"Ok, here are the Pokeballs" The Shopkeeper said as he opened some clear glass doors behind him and revealed a storage of an infinite amount of Pokeballs of different types. He grabbed two plain red and white Pokeballs and gently positioned them on top of the counter and pushed them towards Derek. "The repels are on that shelf over the... Oh, thanks Tom" The shopkeeper started to say, and before he could finish his last statement another employee brought the repels to the counter for Derek.

"Thank you" Derek said as he shoved the items into his backpack and placed the money on the counter. The shopkeeper also thanked Derek as he put the money into the cash register and gave his change to Derek. He said goodbye to the people in there and then walked out of the store, slowly walking over to Route 3. "Say goodbye, Pikachu!" Derek said smiling as Pikachu stared in amazement at the city and waved off.

Very soon after this, Derek and Pikachu reached Route 3. It was a very rugged area and seemed like it was definitely going to be tough to get around without getting tired. Derek, though, saw this area as a perfect chance to let Mankey play around, seeing it would be just the type of area he would like.. With all this rocks and obstacles and stuff. Derek stretched his hand over to his belt to pull out the Pokeball and release Mankey.

"Keeeey!" Mankey exclaimed gleefully as he came out of his ball. He was so energetic that he started bouncing around while he was still a white beam of light coming out of the ball. When he took shape, he immediately led the way for Derek and Pikachu. Derek just stared at Pikachu and vice versa, then they both smiled at each other as they followed their excited partner, who wasn't even walking on the floor, but jumping from boulders to rocky walls.

Mankey stopped, however, when he reached something that looked like a crossroad. Instead of having one path to east and the other one west, however, this 'crossroad' had one path leading up a small hill and the other leading down a small valley; both very narrow. Derek assumed both of this paths led to the same location on the entrance of Mt. Moon, and supposing that the path below would be a safer option to avoid rock slides, Derek opted to take it.

Derek, Mankey and Pikachu continued to walk through the path, until eventually they got to an area of high grass. It had been such a nice stroll to here, it'd be sad if id had to be ruined with wild Pokemon attacks. So, Derek pulled out one of his repels and spread it all around himself, then ordered his Pokemon to stay nearby. Mankey at first refused, but int he end he gave in. The trio ventured into the grass, hearing at times wild Pokemon cries, but none of them came close because of the repel.

After minutes of walking in the tall grass, Derek took his first step out, and he didn't manage to give another step before a girl came up to him. "Hello!" She called in a ridiculously high pitched voice tone, which resulted obnoxious to Derek's ears.

"Hi..." He replied confused as he stared at her. "I see you have Pokemon with you. That Pikachu of yours is very cute! Oh my gosh! Do you want to battle? Pretty please? Woohoo! Go Jigglypuff!" The Lass said, without waiting for an answer from Derek before she released a Pink, round Pokemon. Derek recorded the information of the pink blob on the Pokedex.

"Ok then, Go Pika... Oh, C'mon! Come back Mankey! No, don't do.. Ugh..."

Derek was about to send out Pikachu, but before he was able to do so Mankey stepped forward into the battlefield and without waiting for an order he launched himself at Jigglypuff with a scratch attack. Jigglypuff was sent back a few feet, but not after a long while she stood up and dusted herself off. She seemed to have a very high defense, but fortunately the pink Pokemon was weak to fighting type.

"That's it, Mankey. Fight this yourself, I'm not telling you what to do" Derek said angry as he crossed his arms and turned around. Pikachu laughed to himself as he too crossed his arms and jumped down from Derek's arm, copying his motion.

As soon as Derek said this, Mankey heard a chorus of angels singing and a bright light shining above him. That was all he needed. Mankey grinned mischievously as he turned back to Jigglypuff and cracked his knuckles. Jigglypuff and the Lass gulped. Mankey launched himself throwing a wild scratch at Jigglypuff, but a soon as she took the hit, Jigglypuff took air to inflate herself, reflecting the attack to Mankey. Mankey fell to the ground, and before he could get back on his feet he was hit by a very strong pound. Wow, Jigglypuff was a hard hitter. Mankey was sent back harshly and slammed into a wall. Derek felt the urge to turn to his Pokemon, but Mankey earned this by himself for disobeying.

Mankey rubbed his aching head, and as soon as he came back to his senses, he saw Jigglypuff coming towards him with a fully charged Rollout attack. Mankey's eyes widened in shock, but he managed to react by climbing up the rocky wall very quickly, causing the Jigglypuff to puncture a deep dent on the wall. As soon as she hit the wall, she bounced up into the air, and without coming back to the ground she started to use her ability to inflate herself to float up and follow the climbing Mankey.

Mankey became appalled as soon as he noticed the the pink Pokemon was following him, so he began to climb faster, eventually growing tired. Jigglypuff approached each time more and more as an angry look appeared on her now gargantuan face. Mankey had an idea now. He left Jigglypuff come close to him, and as soon as she was at a safe distance, Mankey jumped on top of the Pokemon which was now nearly 6 times its actual size. Mankey had a lot of space to walk on. Mankey then scratched Jigglypuff's mouth open and jumped back to the wall. Jigglypuff was then sent back to the floor with the speed and shape of a balloon that just had it's end let loose while it was full of air.

Once Jigglypuff was back on the ground and wounded, Mankey jumped down from the high cliff he was now standing on and landed using Fury Swipes directly on top of Jigglypuff. Now being severely hurt, Jigglypuff used the last of his strengths to inflate herself one last time and push away Mankey. The fighting Pokemon, however, used this size increase to land a very powerful Low Kick.

It all seemed game over for Jigglypuff, but at the last moment the Lass called an order. "Jigglypuff.. Sing!"

"What, Sing!?" Derek said shocked as he turned back to his Pokemon. "Mankey, watch out!" Derek yelled as he covered his ears tightly with his palms. Pikachu followed.

A confused look appeared on Mankey's face, and before he could react, Jigglypuff started singing a lullaby. In no time, Mankey drifted off to sleep. Jigglypuff grinned evilly, then darted itself with many pounds at Mankey. Minutes passed slowly as Mankey took more and more damage from the pounds and wasn't able to wake up. One pound in special woke him up; a critical hit one. This not only woke up Mankey, but activated Anger Point. Mankey turned into a bright red color, then started to pound on the floor in a very strong way. In fact, he pounded the floor so hard that a small quake was starting to occur.

"Jigglypuff, finish him!... Please!" The Lass ordered as he pointed at Mankey. Jifflypuff used rollout and launched herself with full strength, however, as soon as she was about to hit Mankey, a giant boulder fell from the top path, the one Derek decided not to take, and landed directly above the Jigglypuff. The Boulder had remains of String Shot, like if a bug Pokemon pulled it out of its place. It also showed remains of a green chrysalis. The boulder then chirped to pieces, showing that Jigglypuff was now literally flat. Jigglypuff slowly inflated herself and then fell on her back, knocked out.

"Hey, that was cheating! That's mean!" The lass called as she called her Pokemon back, turned in the prize money and then ran away.

"Eh.. Good job Mankey..." Derek said with shrug and a smile as he called Mankey back to his Pokeball. Derek and Pikachu then continued to walk and eventually got to the Pokemon Center.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Diegoyayi: Excellent post, my friend. I congratulate you on a job well done, and it is very clear that you were going for a high level increase for Mankey. Well, you've earned it. That was one heck of a long post.
    Mankey grew to Level 13!
    Mankey wants to learn Karate Chop, but it already knows 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Karate Chop?
    By the way, excellent use of items in your post. Great job man! You can go for Magikarp now.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • The brunette didn't waste any time taking his Pokémon to the Pokémon Center. Beedrill, he wasn't too concerned about, but Eevee…Eevee didn't look so good. Upon seeing Eevee's weakened condition, Nurse Joy gave him a disapproving stare. She failed, however, to utter any harsh words to him, remaining quiet as she worked on his Pokémon. Jack was thankful for this, as he had just barely beaten Brock, and didn't think he could stomach any bitter words from such a beautiful woman. She remained professional, yet Jack could sense an air of frigidity about her, especially when she thrust the Pokéballs into his arms, only to go back to what she was doing. In the whole time he had stood there, waiting, she had not uttered a word. Not one. Jack bit his bottom lip, silently searching for Eevee's Pokéball. When he had determined which held Eevee, he pressed the center button, releasing her along with the accustomed burst of red light. As per usual, she immediately scrambled up his arm, finding her resting place upon his shoulder. Jack knew he should apologize for letting her get in such poor shape. He wanted to apologize. Just as he was about to, he felt a small tremor in his right pocket.

Txt: you wouldn't happen to be in pewter by any chance, would you? :)

Jack stared at the message, his mouth agape. Had he been followed? That thought did cross his mind, but he immediately dismissed it as a brief moment of paranoia. Of course he hadn't been followed. It would make sense that Jett would be in Pewter, since he seemed fresh enough. He, too, was most likely trying to get his first badge. Quickly, he sent his response.

To: Jett
    Txt: yeah, why?

Txt: im on route 3. come battle me.

The brunette would admit that he hesitated. Both his Pokémon had just fought an extremely difficult battle, and he didn't know if they were up to another. His dubiousness was sensed by Eevee, who ran her tongue along Jack's cheek, something he had never been fond of. Yet, for some reason, he didn't mind this time. It was almost comforting, at least, this time it was. With one hand, he reached up and scratched behind her ear. She could battle Jett, and she could win. She had to win. Confidently, he pushed the doors of the Pokémon Center open, walking towards Route 3. His determination could be sensed by anyone within a ten-foot radius. It was then that he saw his opponent. It seemed, in the heat of the moment, that Jack had forgotten just how chilling Jett's eyes were. Just how chilling he was.

"I have something to show you," Jet cooed. "Something that's all thanks to you." His grayish-black gaze met with Jack's emerald one. Slowly, he reached for the sole Pokéball on his hip. In an instant, he released the Pokémon inside. It…looked like Nidoran. At least, if Nidoran had been put on steroids. It was much bigger, the horn extended much farther off of its forehead. Its eyes were even crueler than Jett's, if that were possible. "After losing to you," he continued. "I trained harder than I ever had before. I beat countless trainers, destroyed whole areas of wild Pokémon. And finally, Nidoran evolved. And with Nidorino by my side, I won't lose to you. Ever. Again." His voice dripped with malice, seeming much different from the Jett he had once known (albeit not that well).

"Jett…I didn't come here to lose. Evolved Pokémon or not, you're not going to beat Eevee." A smirk appeared on his face as Eevee leapt off of his shoulder and towards the Nidorino. The opponent didn't waste any time. Immediately, he charged Eevee, clamping his jaws around her form. The Pokémon struggled to break free of his grip, but he merely tightened it in response. Jack stared helplessly at her. "C-call it off. We give up. Call off the attack." Jett's face oozed victory.

"Nidorino, stop." Despite his trainer's command, Nidorino made no effort to stop his attack, and only continued to hold Eevee in his jaw. "Did you hear me, Nidorino? I said stop!" With those words, Jett picked up a rock and hurled it at his Pokémon. The stone struck him right in the head. The irate rabbit dropped Eevee, instead turning his attention towards Jett. He emitted a low, menacing sound, one that can only be described as a growl. Quickly, Jett retrieved Nidorino's Pokéball and shot the red beam of light at it. To both boys' surprise, the Pokémon leapt to the side, avoiding the recall entirely. And then he did something else. Something Jett knew was coming. He launched himself at his trainer. Jett's eyes filled with fear as the Pokémon's jaw opened. Jack could do nothing. He was powerless against that thing. He watched…and he couldn't do a thing.

But Eevee could. Out of nowhere, the evolution Pokémon knocked Nidorino to the side, barely saving Jett from an untimely demise. Both bodies collided with the rock walls. Eevee stood on top, but Jack knew that she could not hold the Pokémon for much longer. Jett seemed to know it too, as he whipped out the Pokéball and withdrew Nidorino. With Eevee pinning him down, he was sucked back into the Pokéball.

"That…was close…" Jett panted. Eevee returned to Jett, resting gently on his shoulder. A low rumbling signaled that they were not yet out of the woods. It appeared that when Eevee and Nidorino ran into the rock confines, they had triggered the release of a couple rocks, which now began tumbling down on the two boys.

"Run," Jack's voice came out as a whisper as he grasped Jett's wrist in his hand, pulling him along as he sped down the route. Pidgeys began to make a commotion, flying towards the sky to avoid being crushed. They didn't have to run for long, as the rocks eventually ceased their descent. Jack collapsed, his back to one of the rock sides. Still holding tight to Jett, he dragged the ebony-haired boy down with him. Both sat there, making futile attempts to catch their breath. That is, until Jett turned his head to the side to look at Jack.

"You're…crazy, Jack…" he panted. Jack turned to Jett and gave him a weak smile.

"You're the one with the Nidorino."

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Adel and her fully rejuvenated Squirtle strode down the path winding out of Pewter City and into Route 3, intent on reaching the next city within the shortest time possible. Unfortunately for them, standing between the pair and their current goal would be the fast approaching route they would be making their way through, as well as a treacherous trek through Mt Moon. Sure, Adel might have exaggerated a tad bit about that 'treacherous' part of the mountain, but, she knew one thing was ascertain. That it was fairly dark within the spooky depths of the cave, practically a haven for Earth bound spirits or ghosts, something she did not want to be mixing herself with. The girl shuddered at the thought, slowing her pace as she did so. The sheer fear about that cave infested with supernatural beings was daunting her ever so, her feet felt like they had rooted themselves rebelliously to the ground. They refused to move any further. Fear was a formidable opponent, Adel had to admit.

Squirtle cocked her head in confusion, raising her blue-eyed gaze to see her trainer's face, it didn't seem as carefree or as relaxed as it was a few minutes ago. The Pokemon's brow furrowed with worry, she clambered onto the girl's shoulder with agility, shooting onto the girl's shoulder and reaching out a comforting paw to pat her trainer's forehead encouragingly. The Water type didn't say a thing, but Adeltruat felt solace anyway. She inhaled deeply, before exhaling gently, giving her Squirtle a slight grin.

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry."

Squirtle gave her a look of disbelief, her trainer was trying to put upon herself a facade of bravery.

"Really! I'm fine." Adel frowned uncomfortably, looking away from her Pokemon, moderately embarrassed from being seen through so easily. By a young turtle, nonetheless! The two beings continued on like this for quite some time, a small creature resting silently upon her owner's shoulder as they strolled through down the dirt road.

Suddenly, a rustle of grass sharply pierced through the silence. The girl reacted instantly, scrutinizing the area around her. There was a Pokemon found in this area that she really wanted to capture, it was a fairly common creature, yet, she found it interesting and delightful. Whipping out a pair of spectacles from the pocket of her raven skirt, Adel swiftly wore her glasses and surveyed the surroundings, inspecting every corner of the greenery. Then, she saw it. From the corner of her eye, the grass crinkled, and a soft chirrup was heard. A brown tail poked out from the edge the small meadow in the distance, a bird's head soon emerged as the tail feathers fell back down. The avian was chestnut and beige, with an orange beak, it stared inquisitively at the newcomers.

"PIDGEY!" Adel squealed like a young girl high on candy, her hands outstretched as she ran towards the Normal type with astounding speed, her Squirtle gripping onto her shoulder for dear life. The startled Pokemon squawked in alarm, flapping its wings and blowing up a shield of sand. The female disregarded the Sand Attack, pointing towards the bird and sending her Squirtle rocketing towards the poor creature. The turtle rammed into the bird with a harsh Tackle, sending the avian cawing and landing onto the dirt with a sickening 'thud!'

The Flying type jumped onto its feet, clearly unhappy with the hostility that was shown, opening its wings and soaring into the sky, once it had reached a suitable height, it began to beat its feathery appendages. Harder and harder the wings went, blowing up a miniature gust of wind towards the Squirtle. The Water type withdrew into her shell upon her trainer's command, though not taking the full blunt of that Gust attack, the shell was blown away due to the wind and crashed upon the ground painfully. When the turtle emerged from her home, a dazed look was seen evident in her confused eyes.

"Snap out of it, you can do it." Adel told her Pokemon in a steady and calm voice, when Squirtle crawled onto both her hind legs, the girl faced the Pidgey that had chosen to maintain flight in the air, flapping its wings once every few seconds to keep itself safely floated. Adel whispered an order to the Water type, away from the Pidgey's listening ears. The turtle quickly obeyed the order, as the bird started to create a second blast of gale. Squirtle hid inside its shell as the Gust hit her, spinning the shell numerous rounds, without warning, the turtle's head popped out of the shell and a solid stream of water gushed from her mouth and right into the Pidgey's inattentive frame. Feathers flew about as the Pidgey was shot out of the sky by the Water Gun attack.

A visible agitation was written all over the bird' face as it struggled onto its clawed feet, ruffling its feathers with irritation, it had already been weakened a fair bit. The avian crowed with indignation, all riled up as it quickly rushed towards Squirtle, carried by the passing wind as it tackled the middle of the Water type's shell. The turtle fell back a few steps from the impact, but was otherwise unharmed.

"One more time, Water gun!" Adel shouted, disregarding Pidgey's knowledge of English. All they had to do was land one more shot, and that was it. The girl's hand instinctively shot under her shirt as she unclasped an empty pokeball from her belt. The clenched the spherical object, watching on as Squirtle landed another successful shot at the confusion and dazzled Pidgey. The bird was now scrambling to keep its balance, it seemed as though the bird had only a tiny amount of reserve left within it.

Adel paused for a moment, aiming carefully before throwing the pokeball confidently towards the injured Pokemon, her Squirtle jogging back to her side as the round machine burst open and let loose a scarlet light which engulfed the flustered avian, the distinct body of the bird disappeared into the light and it retreated into the pokeball. The small capture machine fell lightly onto the soil, as it wiggled and wobbled uncertainly, it's captive seeming reluctant to give up so easily.

"Come on... Come on.."

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Bobby walked along Route 3 carrying Metapod, with Charmander right beside him. They were being very quite, as a boulder might come down and smash them in an avalanche. Bobby felt a shake in his arms and looked down at Metapod to make sure everything is allright. A large crack had appeared on her shell. "Metapod! What's wrong?" Bobby cried, worried for his Pokemon's health. Suddenly light shot out of the crack, and beutiful wings unfolded reveling a short Caterpie body.

"Free free!" the Pokemon cried. "Metapod...?" Bobby asked takeing out his Pokedex.

"Butterfree, the Butterfly Pokemon. It's wings are coated with a special powder that let it fly in the rain."

"Oh wow!" Bobby was amazed at the beutiful pokemon in front of him. Butterfree came and landed on his head, as it was already tired from flying. "Guess you need to practice huh?" Bobby said with a chuckle.

As they walked along Bobby spied a Pidgey. It was pecking at the ground for food. "Time for some training, Mankey go!" Mankey lept out and assumed his battle stance. The Pidgey saw them and charged at Mankey with a Tackle.

"Mankey dodge, and then use Scratch!" Mankey followed the order's flawlessly, and he swatted the bird to the ground. "Now a Low Kick!" The kick sent Pidgey into the air, where you could see it had taken alot of damage.

Pidgey started flapping it's wings together fast, stirring up the wind. Mankey could hardly stay on the ground. "Mankeeeeeeeey!" Mankey cried as it was lifted up into the air. He fell back to earth when the wind blew him far enough.

"Allright Mankey, use Leer!" Mankey gave the Pidgey him most inimidating look, manking the Pidgey stop. "Now another Scratch!" Mankey lept into the air and made shot work of the Pidgey.

"Good job Mankey!" Bobby cried, and he, Charmander, Mankey, Butterfree, made their way towards the distant Pokemon Center.

_Diego//

Years
  • Derek took his first step steps into the Pokemon Center, and wasn't at all amazed when a nurse that looked exactly the same as all the other nurses he had met greeted him. "Welcome to the Pokemon Center. Would you like your Pokemon fully healed?" The nurse asked happily as she rested her forearms on the counter and fixed her eyesight on Derek.

"Wow, how'd you guess?" Derek asked playfully as he returned Pikachu to his Pokeball and pulled out Mankey from his belt. He held one Pokeball in each hand. He quickly placed the Pokeballs on the nurse's hand and saw her walk away with her Pokemon. Before she left, though, Derek asked for a lodging room so he could go through Mount Moon next morning. It would be really stressful to go through the dungeon at night, even though he knew it would be dark inside regardless of the time of the day.

"Here you go" Nurse Joy said as she handed Derek the Card Key to one of the lodging rooms of the large Pokemon Center. After thanking the nurse, Derek decided he wasn't really tired, so he could watch the TV positioned right there in the waiting room. He walked over to a small red couch that was placed directly in front of the TV and started to watch the news.

"And in the latest news, we've received reports that several members of the criminal organization known as Team Rocket were spotted entering Mt. Moon, which links Pewter City and Cerulean City. Visitors to Mt. Moon are being asked to be very careful, because Team Rocket will attack anyone that gets in their way. On to weather forecast..."

The man who explained this on the news seemed to be very calm. Of course, why would he be? He was probably at some large city like Saffron recording the news at the moment. However, as he piled up a stack of papers which probably was his dialog, his hands seemed to shake a bit. Derek then started to think about Mt. Moon.

~What if Team Rocket defeats me inside there? They are a large criminal organization... I bet their Pokemon are really strong. But what are they looking inside there? Is there anything special about the place? If so.. Why didn't they mention it on the news? This is strange... All I hope is that they do whatever they want to do tonight and that they are out of here tomorrow..~

After these thoughts, Derek stood up and decided it'd be good to get some early sleep. He had just take two steps away from the couch, though, when a man appeared in front of him out of the blue and stopped him from moving. The man was ridiculously tall and was wearing a black trench coat, a black fedora hat, black boots and dark sunglasses. The man looked really mysterious, but funny at the same type. He was so well camouflaged that Derek didn't notice how he had been hiding in the shadow the whole time.

~Who's this guy...~ He thought confused as he stared at the man. His head appeared to be invisible; like if the had and sunglasses were floating on top of the coat. ~And why is he wearing sunglasses inside a building... At night.~

"Hey, kiddo" the man whispered, voice sounding too distortioned. Derek was sure that effect couldn't be achieved without the use of some machine. However, it was impossible to tell if he was using some sort of object. "Psht, I'm talking to you" he added.

"Why are you whispering?" Derek asked as he stared at the guy in confusion. "We're the only ones here... And you're standing directly in front of me..."
    "It doesn't matter" the man continued. "Look, I've got this Pokemon... It is incredibly awesome and powerful, able to math the power of legendary Pokemon..."

"Keep going..." Derek said quietly as he started to pay attention to the man that got him interested in the theme. "I wanna hear more..." He said in whispers, deciding to play the man's game.
    "It is very rare, probably this is the only one left in the whole world... The thing is I'm not a good Trainer. I can see you are one, so I'll tell you this. I'll sell you this Pokemon, Magikarp, for only $500! It's a deal you can't miss! The most powerful Pokemon ever and I'm giving it to you for that low of a price. Do we have a deal?" The men asked as he reached into his Pocket to pull out a Pokeball. A Chansey then walked out pushing a cart of Pokeballs out of the healing room and positioned herself behind the man, listening to their conversation.

"Magikarp... Sounds poweful. So Magikarp for $500?" Derek asked innocently as he pulled out some money from his bag. He hadn't really bought anything besides a few Pokeballs and Repels since he started his adventure, so he had quite a few money to spend. The Chansey behind the man, however, waved his arms and tried to get Derek's attention quietly. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw that Derek was really going to pay that amount for what could be the weakest Pokemon ever. Chansey shook her head to the sides in desperation, trying to convince Derek no to get the Pokemon, but he ignored her.

"Yup. Deal?"
    "Deal"

Derek quickly gave the amount of money to the man, and in exchange he gave him a Pokeball. As Derek received the Pokeball, his imagination led him to beleive that power could already be felt emanating from the ball. "Oh... I can sense something very powerful inside here. I can just feel it" he said as he grinned mischievously and put the Pokeball in his belt, deciding to test his god-like Pokemon tomorrow.

"Thanks, si... Sir?" Derek asked as he searched around for the man. He wasn't able to find him inside the Pokemon Center anymore, but in a distance a black shadow with a fishing rod on his back was seen walking away and placing some money into his pockets.

"Sey..." Chansey said dissapointed as she continued her path with the cart.

Derek, confident he had just taken part of an awesome deal walked away to his lodging room with a smile of satisfaction on his face.

As soon as he got to his room, he hopped to bed and started to think about his day. "I made it through Viridian Forest and got my first Gym badge today... I guess I'm starting to become a good trainer..." He said to himself with a smile as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Trainer Kat: Once again, you had a very good post. My only compltaint though, is that you called it Route 6, seeing as it is Route 3. Other than that though, great work!
    Eevee grew to Level 15! (that is the Level Cap, unfortunately)
    Eevee is trying to learn Growl, but Eevee can't learn more than 4 moves! Delete an older move to make room for Growl?
    You are free to do your second post whenever you like.

To Ibuberu: That was a long post, for sure. Excellent work on it though. You've earned a max Level Pidgey! Your stats are updated. You can post your second turn along Route 3 whenever you like.
    You caught a wild Pidgey!

To Zimvee: You had a good post there with the wild Pidgey but, unfortunately, it was a bit short. I hate to say that I can only give you a slight Level increase for your Mankey. Try making your posts a bit longer from now on.
    Congratulations! Your Metapod evolved into Butterfree!
    Butterfree learned Confusion!
    Mount Moon will be up in a bit.

To Diegoyayi: Hahaha! I really laughed when I read your post about getting Magikarp. It was awesome how you made your character think he was in posession of a LEGENDARY POKEMON. Great work there, seriously. I'll update your stats, and you are free to post in Mount Moon when I put it up (other people have to finish up Route 3 first).
    You got a Magikarp!

IC:
    As Sean walked along Route 3 with Bulbasaur at his side, the very idea of what he had just done finally sunk in. He had actually beaten a Gym Leader! He had taken the first step towards becoming a Pokemon Master! Looking down at his four-legged partner who was keeping pace surpisingly well, the Trainer noticed the look of absolute contentment on his face. Reaching down, Sean Florian patted his Pokemon's head in congratulations.

"Bulba, bulba!" The green Pokemon replied. He was obviously very happy to recieve his Trainer's approval.

As the two continued along, Sean looked up and noticed the treachorously large boulders sitting above them (as they were walking through some sort of valley), and was hoping very much that they wouldn't come crashing down at any point. Sean knew that things wouldn't end well if that took place...

So the two kept walking, careful not to make too much noise so as to avoid any unnessesary attention when...uh oh. Up ahead there was a rustling bush, Sean was sure of it. The two stopped in their tracks. It was probably a wild Pokemon. Suddenly, the creature burst forth, coming out into the open as it was ready for all-out combat.

Sean was taken aback by the sight of this creature. He had never seen it before. It was small and purple, with large ears and a small horn on the top of its head. It was addorned with tiny little spikes all over its body. Whipping out his Pokedex, he pointed it at the wild Pokemon.

Nidoran, the poison pin Pokemon, the small, red device droned on. Its large ears are always kept upright. If it senses danger, it will attack with a poisionous sting.

"Okay, Bulbasaur," Sean told his Pokemon. "Be careful with this guy. He seems dangerous."

Taking its Trainer's advice, but running in to the fray to fight, Bulbasaur charged forth at full speed. It seemed like, this time, the Grass-type Pokemon wanted to battle on its own terms. That was fine with Sean, too. The new Pokemon Trainer could gain valuable knowledge about Bulbasaur's fighting style this way.

Nidoran charged straight for its foe as well, with its horn aimed and poised to strike. Bulbasaur, at the last moment, side-rolled to dodge the attack, instead countering with a Vine Whip to Nidoran's back. The whip hit hard, but appeared to do only a minimal amount of damage. It didn't seem very effective. Quickly turning around and renewing its charge, the poison pin Pokemon attempted another Peck. This time, though, Bulbasaur growled at it, stunning the Pokemon and causing its to move to the left in hesitation. This caused its attack to barely graze Bulbasaur with little damage inflicted. The Grass-type Pokemon then performed a full-body tackle on its opponent, knocking Nidoran from its feet and onto its side as it skidded along the grass.

"Awesome job, Bulbasaur!" Sean Florian complimented his Pokemon. "Keep up the awesome work!"

Nidoran, though, seemed greatly angered at this point, getting back to its feet stood still for a moment, as if gathering its wits and focusing its energy. Bulbasaur, not wanting to give the wild Pokemon a chance to pull off a powerful attack, shot out another Vine Whip, this time getting very lucky as the green vine caught Nidoran right between the eyes as it snapped fast and hard. Nidoran stumbled backwards for a moment from the force of the attack, obviously slightly dazed.

Taking out a spare Pokeball, Sean launched it towards the weakened wild Pokemon. The red and white orb hit Nidoran, quickly absorbing the wild Pokemon into it as it landed on the ground, rocking back and forth with the creature inside, desperate to break free.

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • A couple more times of frantic attempts to escape from the confines of the Pokeball ended with fruitless results, as the red and white coloured sphere gradually stopped all movement. Immediately after, a neat 'click!' sound signaled the capture of the Pidgey. Adeltraut smirked proudly, her hands on her hips as she sashayed over to her newly caught Pokemon, flashing the round object at her Squirtle, "My first Pokemon!" she declared in an overbearing tone, waving the Pokeball around in the air, elated with her new Pidgey. The girl had studied once before, that the evolved forms of the Pokemon were majestic and powerful, both criteria suiting her to a tee. The bird would be a mascot of some sort for her, once she could manage to make it evolve into its final stage.

Squirtle nodded her blue head in approval, clapping a few times to applaud her trainer for the marvellous capture.

Adel couldn't help but laugh softly at the sheer brilliance of her tactics, taking off her glasses and storing them safely into her sling carrier. The Pidgey's Pokeball fastened onto the clip on her belt. The girl motioned for her turtle to jump into her arms, as she quickened her footsteps. She was eager to reach the next Pokemon Center to heal up her Pidgey and get started on training. "Squirt~!" the blue coloured creature called out happily, hopping into her trainer's warm grasp with a mellow expression upon her features. The pair took to bolting down the path with decent speed, well, at least that was what Adel did.

"Hey! Wait up!"

The girl ignored the unfamiliar voice, she didn't need to waste her time on trivial matters such as conversations with strangers.

"Wait up! Please!"

Squirtle tugged at her owner's sleeve, pointing over her shoulder, a pleading look upon her face. Adel avoided eye contact with the turtle, those cute eyes could do wonders to a person's mindset. However, the Water type was not one to give up so easily, she flapped her right paw in front of Adel's line of vision, all the while gesturing franticly behind with the other one. The young female released a heavy sigh, slowing to a halt and turning around to see a schoolboy chasing after her. He was dressed in a white button up shirt and blue coloured shorts, a small bag on his back. When he finally caught up to the displeased girl, he bent over to catch his breath.

"I.. I'm... Fred.."

"Well, what is it, Fred? I'm in a rush." Adel told him in a slightly irritated tone.

"I.. was.. wondering.. if.. you'd like a battle. One.. on.. one.." the boy panted, wiping sweat off his forehead.

"Not interested," the girl replied sharply with no hesitation, turning around and walking away from the ten-year old boy, much to the young child's dismay. He stood there for a moment, feeling dejected and frozen by the older trainer's coldness. Then, as if a bright light bulb had suddenly appeared over his head, the boy reached into his shoulder bag to pull out a handful of sweets wrapped in pink. "I've got Rare Candies!" he called out, and temptation drew the girl in like a magnetic force of some kind, Adel was seen standing over the tiny boy in within a few seconds, an interested look playing upon her face.

"How did you get them?"

"My teacher gave them to me for getting the highest in class for the test, it was really tough b-" the boy was silenced by a fleeting wave of the female's hand.

"What's the deal?" she inquired.

"Defeat me and you get one of 'em!"

"Make it three."

"Two!"

"Fine."

Adel slowly distanced herself from the enthusiastic boy, brimming with energy now that he had finally gotten himself into a battle. Her Squirtle jumped out of her arms, positioning herself into a battle stance as the boy drew out a Pokeball from his school bag. He threw it with what seemed like a little too much zest, as the Pokemon burst out in a flash of light, the Pokeball got deflected into the long grass beside the path from the impact of the landing. The boy scurried after his item, scrambling to find it as the red light materialized into a large brownish Rat with absurdly large, protruding front teeth.

The Raticate bared its fangs at his opponent, his long tail whipped the ground behind him.

"Ah, um, Raticate! Go! Tackle!" The Normal type obliged, charging towards Squirtle and landing a large blow onto her underbelly. The rat growled ferociously, snapping his fangs menacingly at the startled Water type. Squirtle quickly overcame her shock and began dashing towards her adversary, " Water Gun!" Adel shouted. The turtle let loose a violent rush of water upon the Raticate, who screeched in discomfort the moment the cold water came into contact with his fur.

"Tail Whip!"

The Raticate shook off droplets of water from his drenched coat, glaring at Squirtle as his tail seemed to take upon a mind of its own, the Normal type closed the distance between himself and the Water type, his tail whipping dangerously near her fearful face, emitting loud cracking sounds as it snapped on the ground. Squirtle fell back some steps, shivering with fear, her defense lowered from the scare she had just received.

"Withdraw!" Adel commanded, Squirtle's actions lagging for a few moments, as the words slowly reacted with her brain, she quickly drove into her chestnut coloured shell.

"Super Fang!" Fred countered, as Raticate approached the shell from behind and began chewing upon it with glowing fangs. However, the attack proved to be quite useless, only visible dents had been made to the shell, and nothing more.

"Water Gun!"

Squirtle's head appeared, wasting to time in dosing the rat with a large gush of water.

The Raticate tittered and tottered, dizzy from the attack, his trainer's mouth agape. The next moment, Raticate's body fell in defeat, the schoolboy wasted no time in recalling his fallen Pokemon, sighing in defeat. " Here." he said reluctantly, handing over two Rare Candies to the joyful girl. She thanked him for keeping his end of the bargain, before grabbing onto the exhausted Squirtle and rushing off back on the road towards the Pokemon Center.

"You're on a roll today, two battles in a row!" Squirtle gave Adeltruat a weak smile at her words.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    To Ibuberu: That was a really good post you have there. I know I didn't make this clear in the first place, but Rare Candies are only really given out by me to RPers for exceptional posts. This means that, unfortunately, I cannot allow you to have them. BUT! What I can do is this...give the experience to Squirtle! And, instead of Rare Candies, I will give you 2 Potions. Sorry about any confusion there.
    Squirtle grew to Level 15! (this is the Level Cap for Route 3)
    You got 2 Potions!

EDIT: My mistake about the Rare Candies. Keep the Potions anyway.

IC:
    And just as soon as it had started, the Pokeball immedietly stopped rocking back and forth. As the truth of what he had actually just achieved dawned on him, Sean yelled at the top of his lungs.

"I caught my first wild Pokemon!" he bellowed into from the middle of Route 3. "We did it Bulbasaur!"

His sound-waves echoed from the bottom to the top of the valley, reverberating every second or so as the sound of his voice grew more and more faint. Bulbasaur, as well, let out a roar of triumph. It, too, was very pleased at its Trainer's victory. The green Pokemon, seeing Sean Florian's joy, actually ran over to him, despite his weariness from battle and shot a vine around his chest in a make-shift hug. Thanking his Pokemon profusely, the Trainer finally decided to walk over and collect the Pokeball which was laying on the dirt road, and was now full. Clipping the object into his belt, he took off down the road once more, heading towards their goal of Cerulean City.

CRACK!

Sean heard something above him move. What the heck could it be? Looking up, the 16-year-old noticed that a tiny rock had fallen down from high above the valley wall next to him. He assumed it had been from the massive amounts of noise he had made. Not paying it a second thought, the Trainer continued on down the road.

Then a large cloud appeared overhead, blocking out the sun. But...clouds didn't appear that fast. Slowly, a distant rumbling could be heard from above him. Slowly craning his next upwards, towards the horrifying sound, the Trainer did not want to actually reveal the awful truth. From his massive amounts of echoing, he had caused an avalanche of boulders! Bulbasaur, way ahead of his Trainer's thinking, had already taken off down the path at full-sprint to avoid the crushing rocks. Lassoing a vine around Sean's right arm, it started to drag him into a run as well, forcing him to keep pace.

As the two sprinted along boulders crashed all around them. There wasn't much maneuverability to their left and right, but the large rocks smashed in front of them and behind them as the duo desperately performed evasive maneuvers. Finally, after almost a full minute running for their lives, the duo was eventually able to outpace the crashing rocks and make it to a safe area, leaping down into a small pond below them, almost twenty feet from their position.

Crashing down into the clear substance, Sean and Bulbasaur were instantly soaked from head to toe. Luckily, both of them were fairly decent swimmers, going right up to the edge of the pond and hoisting themselves up and out of the water. Bulbasaur, of course, used his vines to do this.

"Cheater," Sean told his Pokemon, smirking.

Bulbasaur laughed with his trademark raspy voice as he gave Sean a playful smack on the head with one of his vines. Deciding that the best option at this point would be to keep moving, the two of them set back off down the road in front of them, trying to reach the Pokemon Center at the base of Mount Moon before dark.

Turning a sharp corner as they walked through the valley, dripping water everywhere they went (although Bulbasaur was fairly dry at this point), they came across a stunning image in front of them. There, right in the middle of the dirt path, seemed to be a sleeping Pokemon! Sean crept closer, motioning for Bulbasaur to stay behind as he tried to get a better view of what it actually was. Strangely, it looked just like the Pokemon he had caught earlier. It was a Nidoran...or was it?

This one seemed to be a tad smaller, with smaller horns and a shade of blue with dark blue spots. Then Sean noticed something else about it. This Pokemon wasn't sleeping. It was hurt! Getting almost right up next to it now, Bulbasaur fully behind his Trainer, Sean saw that the poor Nidoran seemed to have a broken leg and was whimpering slightly as it lay there on the ground. Sean wasn't sure what to do at this point. He quickly came to the conclusion that it wasn't another Trainer's and, if it was, they certainly didn't know how to take care of their Pokemon.

As he looked on, he noticed that the little creature didn't even notice him. It was too involved in its own pain to realize much of anything going on around it. Sean had to help it, but he dared not touch it with his hands. If it was anything like the other Nidoran he captured, it just might attack him, and those horns didn't look friendly. Quickly decided his only option to be able to save to creature would be to capture it, Sean took out one of his empty Pokeballs, tossing it towards the Nidoran.

The ball hit the Pokemon and absorbed it, landing on the ground and quickly signifying a successful capture with a loud ding. The Pokemon was obviously very injured. Picking up the ball, Sean realized he'd have to make double-time now if he really wanted to end this Pokemon's suffering as soon as possible. Clipping the ball into his belt, he took off sprinting down the dirt path, towards the barely visible Pokemon Center in the distance. Bulbasaur followed closely behind.

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

Years
  • "You'll be sure to text me when you're ready for a rematch?" A sly grin slowly painted its way across Jack's face, matching the one on Jett's.

"Yeah, I'll let you know when I have Nidorino under control," Jett laughed. He held one hand out to Jack, who promptly took it, giving it a tight squeeze. "I'll see you around. That Eevee better be evolved when I see it again!" The ebony-haired boy turned, heading back to Pewter. Why, Jack didn't know, but he didn't dwell on the issue. He was preoccupied with thoughts of Eevee evolving. Admittedly, he had no idea what Eevee evolved into. He'd heard legends of the Pokémon being able to transform into a multitude of different creatures, with others still being discovered. It was something Jack couldn't wrap his mind around - all the Pokémon he knew of only had one line of evolution, not some strange sort of split-line. And if she really could evolve into whatever he wanted, how could he hope to decide? His eyes shifted over to the brown and white Pokémon resting on his shoulder. Her eyes were squeezed shut, and she had a serene look on her face, much like the one had Jack gotten after...well that was a story for a different time. One thing was for sure - she had better evolve into something strong to make up for her current uselessness.

The sun's rays weren't as harsh as they had been when Jack had pocketed the Old Amber. Still, the light beat down on him. It lingered especially upon his hair, dancing upon the locks and making it appear to be a lighter shade than it really was. Several Pidgeys flew overhead, one threatening to release its lunch upon the brunette, a situation that he was careful to avoid by sidestepping the descending bomb. He still hadn't seen a Pokémon he wanted to capture on Route 3, despite his concern that two Pokémon simply weren't enough. I'll bet everyone else has a load of Pokémon, he thought, arms folded tightly against his chest. There was nothing to do, then, but continue on towards the mountain he was supposed to go through. In fact, there wasn't even anyone he wanted to battle currently, anyway. The trainers that lined the route looked like the typical bug catchers, and Jack had had his fill of bugs for the day. One trainer, however, seemed to be struggling to train a disobedient Jigglypuff.

"Do you…need some help, babe?" Jack cooed, being sure to flaunt the Eevee on his shoulder. That tactic, of course, worked, as she instantly ignored Jigglypuff, who had turned her attention towards a particularly long blade of grass anyway.

"Oh, your Eevee's so cute!" she giggled, reaching up to stroke the evolution Pokémon's fur. Eevee moved into the girl's hand, relishing every moment in the spotlight. Jack glared at his partner – she was typically withdrawn. Was she that starved for attention? He waved his thoughts away, instead slinging his arm around the blonde girl's waist.

"Well, not as cute as you." He used the line so many times that Eevee nearly gagged. What she didn't realize, however, was that Jack was merely using her as a distraction while he slipped a hand into the girl's pocket and withdrew an item – an Awakening, as it just so happened. Pocketing the medicine himself, he sidled away from her, giving her a sheepish grin. "Good luck with your Jigglypuff. I'm meeting family in…Mount Moon, so I need to go!" With a brisk wave, he began to jog away from her, ashamedly avoiding Eevee's bemused stares.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Trainer Kat: Haha, that was a funny post. You are doing an awesome job of bringing Jack's Character out. Keep it up!
    You got an Awakening!

To Slave: Unfortunately, everyone else has finished their Route 3 posts and you haven't posted one yet. I will be posting up Mount Moon soon and it will be up to you to make up for lost turns. Keep plugging away!

To All: Nice Route 3 posts! Mount Moon will be up shortly!

Chapter 7
    -Mount Moon-

OOC: Mount Moon is going to work just like the other places, and you will be getting THREE posts in here, so make them count. Misty is coming up shortly.

Level Cap: 18

Description

A large cave in the middle of a mountain, Mount Moon is home to some very Rare Pokemon. It is a multi-leveled place which some say has rare objects called Moon Stones, which are capable of magical properties. It is the shortest route from Pewter City to Cerulean City.
    There are rumors of Pokemon thieves running about. Keep your eyes open!

Team Rocket
    Rumor has it that Team Rocket is in Mount Moon, and that rumor is right! Watch your step, because they'll do anything to steal your Pokemon.
    OOC: So, the way this is going to work is there will be a Pokemon 'pool' of possible Pokemon that Team Rocket members may possess. You, as the Trainer fighting them, also choose the Pokemon that the oppossing Team Rocket grunt (grunts only, for now) will have in the post. They can have up to three Pokemon.
    When you fight them, it is just like any other random Trainer battle, except for the fact that you must RP Team Rocket as being Team Rocket. Here are a few things you should know:
    1) Their main goals here are to gather Moon Stones, steal rare Pokemon, and steal your Pokemon!
    2) You can use as many Pokemon you like against them.
    3) Double battles are acceptable.
    4) EVERY Pokemon of yours that takes place in the battle gains normal experience depending on the length and quality of your post.
    5) You can only use ONE post to battle/encounter Team Rocket.
    6) Jessie and James are not here.

And that's about it. Here is their Pokemon pool:

Grunt (Male)

Grunt (Female)

Ekans

Koffing

Grimer

Rattata

Zubat

Raticate

If you have any questions, let me know.

Wild Pokemon
    Zubat - 041

Level: 10-12
    Type: Poison/Flying
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Attacks: Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish

Geodude - 074

Level: 9-12
    Type: Rock/Ground
    Ability: Sturdy or Rock Head
    Attacks: Tackle, Defense Curl, Mud Sport, Rock Polish, Rock Throw (11)

Paras - 046

Level: 11-12
    Type: Bug/Grass
    Ability: Effect Spore or Dry Skin
    Attacks: Scratch, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Leech Life
    Rarity: Rare

Clefairy - 035

Type: Normal
    Ability: Cute Charm or Magic Guard
    Attacks: Pound, Growl, Encore, Sing, Double Slap (10)
    Rarity: Very Rare

Last edited:

_Diego//

Years
  • "Mt. Moon" Derek said as he stood in front of the entrance of the large cave, staring appalled at the pitch black darkness that could be seen inside. "It is going to be a real challenge to get through there. Very tiring... And what the newscaster said about the criminal organization might be a problem. We might not make it out soon...Or ever." Derek said with a gulp, aware that he had probably exaggerated on that last statement.

"Pika..." Pikachu said scared as he pushed his ears back and curled himself in a small ball atop Derek's shoulder.

"Don't be scared, Pikachu" Derek said smiling as he turned to Pikachu. "Remember something. We have the most powerful Pokemon ever in our hands! There's no way some Team Rocket or anything might stop us! We got Magikarp!" Derek then yelled out very loud, bragging about his fish Pokemon. He was confident nothing could stop him with such power in his hands.

Some nerds that were walking by started murmuring something to each other, then they both stared at Derek and laughed as the continued to walk.

"Prf, ignore them, Pikachu. They probably don't beleive we have Magikarp. That, or they are sooo jealous."

As he said this, Derek sighed, then pulled out Magikarp's Pokeball and gave his first steps into the cave. ~Here we go.~
    The cave was very cold, but it wasn't as dark as Derek had expected. He could see the path and walls, at least. That was more than enough. Much more now that he had Magikarp. Derek made his way through the cave, eagerly searching for a ladder or stairway or door that could lead him on to the next area of the cave. He made sure not to trip on any piece of rock or something, but wasn't really taking the time to hide from other trainers or criminals. He should've done that, though.

As Derek walked through the cave, he hit himself on a signpost positioned in the middle of the path. He fell on his back and the sound of the fall echoed loudly around the cave. Derek stood up and rubbed his head, and immediatly he heard a voice approaching. A Youngster rushed towards him with a Pokeball on his hand.

"Hey, dude!" The Youngster called as he approached Derek. He then bent down and rested his hands on his kneecaps to recover air. "I... I challenge you to a battle!"

~Oh... Yes... Perfect chance to unleash the power of Magikarp~ Derek thought mischievously as he nodded at the kid without saying anything. The kid grinned as he threw his Pokeball to the ground. "Go, Growlithe!" The orange dog-like Pokemon Derek had already seen before then formed from a beam of light and stared at Derek, growling and preparing an attack.

"Prepare, kid" Derek said as the clicked the middle button of the Pokeball in his hand, making it expand. "Prepare to face the power of my Pokemon..."

The kid stared scared at the Pokeball, expecting some legendary beast or something really large and strong like a Snorlax or a Gyarados. The kid then gave a few steps back and took his hands to his face. Growlithe's growls shifted to yelps of fright as he too gave a few steps back. Derek then proceeded to complete his sentence.
    "Prepare to face the power of... Magikarp!!!!"

Derek threw his Pokeball to the ground. It immediatly opened and released a beam of light. The beam of light expanded into the largest white aura Derek had ever seen coming out of a Pokeball. Nearly 3 times larger than the light that formed from Onix's Pokeball. "Oh yes, Oh yes! Oh... What?!?!"

Derek was in complete utter shock when the gigantic light ball shrunk dramatically until it revealed a relatively small, red, ugly and weak fish. "Karp. Karp" The Pokemon said blankly as he flopped helplessly on the could ground. "Is that the mighty Magikarp?" Derek said as he stared at the Pokemon.

The kid with the Growlithe then started laughing so hard he eventually fell on his back, taking his hand to his stomach to avoid a pain from laughing so hard. "You just got fooled, dude! That's like, the weakest Pokemon ever!"

~No.. That can't be...~ Derek said, confident he hadn't been scammed by the mysterious man. "No! I'll prove it to you! Magikarp, Hyper Beam!" Derek yelled as he stretched his hand to point towards the Growlithe. After hearing this, the kid just laughed harder, now tears were coming out of his eyes.

"Karp. Karp"

Derek turned bright red in ager as he saw his Pokemon just splash there. He had been tricked... Very badly. ~Maybe if I will win if I make the kid die from laughter...~ Derek thought sarcastically as he thought for a strategy to make Magikarp do something. Deciding to make the first real move, the Growlithe launched himself towards the Magikarp and threw a strong bite, catching Magikarp in between his teeth. After some minutes of struggling and chewing on the Magikarp, Growlithe decided to let him free.

"Karp. Karp"

Magikarp continued to flop around there, showing no signs of... Anything. No pain, excitement, anger... Anything. Just stupidity. "Magikarp! Do something!" Derek ordered; and Magikarp submitted to his orders. Magikarp then released a deadly... Splash. But nothing happened.

Growlithe then released an Ember attack from his mouth, making a direct hit on Magikarp. Even though it was now wrapped in flames, Magikarp didn't do anything else than lie on his side and splash on the ground. Derek closed his eyes, ashamed of himself, and decided to let the battle end.

"Growlithe, finish him with take down." The kid ordered. Growlithe then hit the Magikarp with an immense tackle that launched the fish to a wall, slamming it very hard. Magikarp's rubbery skin, however, caused something unexpected to happen. As he made contact with the wall, he bounced back in the exact same direction he was launched; that is, to Growlithe.

Magikarp then fish-slapped Growlithe directly on the face with such a strong force that it caused the fire Pokemon to faint. Growlithe fell to his side knocked out, not beleiving what Magikarp had just done.

"This is impossible!" The kid called out loud. "Magikarp is useless! You cheated! You loser! That Magikarp won't ever be useful again!" The kid said as he withdrew Growlithe and then ran away, not giving Derek his money prize.

"Spoiled little brat!" Derek yelled at the kid that was running away. He then stared at Magikarp, not even knowing if he should congratulate him for his efforts. It's not like Magikarp did something awesome. But anyway...

"That was a good battle, Magikarp. Maybe you're not legendary, but I'm sure you'll be put to a good use sometime" Derek said as he withdrew Magikarp and continued to walk through the cave..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back