• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Clear Diamond

What song should I add as battle music?

• Linkin Park - Papercut

Votes: 272 69.9%
  • System Of A Down - Chop suey

Votes: 117 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
  • I'd really like to see the next beta soon, but anyway good luck with it.

Yes it's a remake of it as well as Pokémon Platinum.

Not a remake, the storyline greatly differs from it, it's a sequel of Silver's Jounrye cause it didnt show what happened to him in Johto :P.

Tim_0wnz

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • I like the screen shots, especially the title screen.
    But why is your friend called "Gary"?
    What would Gary Oak doing in Twinleaf Town, if he is at home busy with studying for a Pokémon professor?

But I hope this game will become a great success.
    Good luck!

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Papercut doesn't really fit the battle type music category in my opinion. I'm not hating the song either, I love it, but I think it would grow tired after a while of looping. I've never heard the other option, but I assume it fits the same category.
    This is just constructive criticism by the way, I don't mean to be an ass.

I would suggest some instrumentals, if anything, and ones with more of an action based theme. I've heard some great songs without words that truly gets my heart pumping and that I never really get tired of. Like "Strong and Strike" and "Beautiful Green Wild Beast" from the Naruto original soundtrack. Or something along those lines.
    You don't have to listen to my opinion either, I relize, but it's just something thrown out to think about.

The game itself looks awsome though, and that is undeniable. =]

yeah I'll agree on the song part, after a few loops it may get annoying..
    I'll figure something out ;)

so is this going to be like pokemon diamond and pearl?
    pretty much just with obvious changes

I'd really like to see the next beta soon, but anyway good luck with it.

Yes it's a remake of it as well as Pokémon Platinum.

I'm looking for the full game with a great excitement. Good luck.
    yeah thanks i dont plan on quitting, even with my broken shoulder and a busted pc

Not a remake, the storyline greatly differs from it, it's a sequel of Silver's Jounrye cause it didnt show what happened to him in Johto :P.
    very true :P

I like the screen shots, especially the title screen.
    But why is your friend called "Gary"?
    What would Gary Oak doing in Twinleaf Town, if he is at home busy with studying for a Pokémon professor?

But I hope this game will become a great success.
    Good luck!
    lol i havent changed the names or the OW's, i'll do that when i get my pc fixed

looks great! i can't wait to get my hands on it

thanks dude, support is appreciated

guys sorry to be kinda slow, my shoulders broken, as well as my pc, so i wont be physically
    working on the hack

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    mate it looks great but as far as battle music goes i think this song beats the rest!

[youtube video]
    SvU-iuN9OOQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    This looks too cool to let die. Silver has always been my favorite rival and I'm glad to see he is getting at least a hack.

I see you've never heard of Acanthite then :P

Anyway, this is looking like a pretty solid hack, Zeikku. The D/P Pokémon insertions are pretty nice, though I expect you still have to fix them up a bit (movesets, evolutions etc).

Although I'm still not really sure what the rival from G/S/C is doing in Sinnoh, seeing how far it is from the other regions. Also, you might want to work on your spriting skills a bit. I wrote a tutorial a while ago that you might want to have a look at :)

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • I'm still working on this but i'm just working on Liquid Crystal with Linkandzelda, about the giratina, its exactly 64 x 64 (GBA SIZE) but i still needed to repoint...lol because of that no one can steal it using Un-LZ gba, because the sprite doesn't show there.. I replaced Armaldo for it :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back