• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Clover- A /vp/ based hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
10/10 MADE ME GET AN ACCOUNT TO REPLY

(CAPSLOCK HERE - I DIDN'T MEAN TO ABANDON THE PROJECT. MY COMPUTER BORKED AND 3DS POSTING ON 4CHAN IS IMPOSSIBLE.)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
Hey guys I'm D.I.O from the thread on /vp/. Nice to meet you all and I hope we can all have fun working on this hack :^)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 15, 2016
So, does Foryu have something to do with Bane? It might just be me...

Years
So, does Foryu have something to do with Bane? It might just be me...

WE'VE GOT A WINRAR.

Nah, since I'm not CAPSLOCK here I'll cut that shit out and keep it contained to a board that deserves it. Foryu also has a puke green shiny that makes it resemble a four-leaf clover. C wut I did thar? :^)

As for my colleagues, I'm glad that this project has gotten so far. I've been lurking, unable to post, for roughly a month now. It's sucked. I even drew up a few gen three Pokémon I couldn't upload. I'm attempting to get a new computer so I can continue to help the project any way I can. In the meantime, keep up the good work, guys!

Link4799

Gage Linkous
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
This game looks awesome you guys! The water starters final evolution is hilarious! It would've been great if it knew gunk shot xD and i love the 'chancer' line, i think that's awesome. i really hope you guys continue these games! I'm a big fan of fakemons, i love seeing everyone's ideas, serious or silly, for pokemon. Can't wait for the final product!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
But.. that region looks like Kanto..
Tbh, I don't like 4chan so that's already giving me an opinion on this, but LOL those fakemon are fucking awesome! Good luck on this

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
While showing off Le Ruse Bird's playthrough (it IS Ruse Bird, right?), I thought of a few things:

- Gutsicoon is just another shitty cocoon Pokémon. We should ramp up its annoyance factor by adding Iron Defense, Amnesia and DOUBLE TEAM to its moveset. People would hate fighting those things, but the EXP would be well-earned.

- The area where you find Bloobies slepping is easy to miss. Maybe move it to that little grass field in the southeast corner of town?

- NPCs and signs could be a lot more interesting. Only a handful have changed text, and even then they're only replacing expies.

- Not using /tr/ for an evil team is downright disappointing. You had one job, PoClo. And you wasted it on a virtually non-existant rivalry with KnowYourMeme.

- More variety would be great. Mt. Moot is boring as hell, mainly because Wedgard and Lanshil are all you run into. I really don't want to suffer through three Pokémon per Route until I get to the end of the game.

- Blah, blah, blah, complain, complain, etc. If I can come up with anything else, I'll probably post it as loudly as possible.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
- Gutsicoon is just another shitty cocoon Pokémon. We should ramp up its annoyance factor by adding Iron Defense, Amnesia and DOUBLE TEAM to its moveset. People would hate fighting those things, but the EXP would be well-earned.
Or instead of trying to make a shitty cocoon less shitty by giving it an annoying troll moveset, you could actually buff it and make it worthwhile to use.
I've endured enough Double Team spam from Life of Guardians. I don't want to deal with more evasion bullshit in a hack. Not saying Double Team shouldn't be on certain pokemon, but I'm not going to sit and wait for a pokemon to finally hit a pokemon with idk +3 evasion and +4 defense.

Years
Or instead of trying to make a ****ty cocoon less ****ty by giving it an annoying troll moveset, you could actually buff it and make it worthwhile to use.
I've endured enough Double Team spam from Life of Guardians. I don't want to deal with more evasion bull**** in a hack. Not saying Double Team shouldn't be on certain pokemon, but I'm not going to sit and wait for a pokemon to finally hit a pokemon with idk +3 evasion and +4 defense.

That's the joke. I'm more in favor of giving it Amnesia than anything else (as a Special Defense-oriented cocoon just doesn't exist). I suggested Double Team for lulz. Regardless, I think it would be interesting to have Eviolite Gutsicoon as an unexpected addition to one of the early trainers' teams.

Unbalanced

Divine
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
its a 4chan hack how could you not expect to see a pokemon with something its its ass

Years
EDIT: For some reason it posted my message twice. How fitting.

I was lurking the /vp/ thread and noticed that my old creepypasta was mentioned as an idea for Parax Town - I'm perfectly okay with this (if you can pull it off - all of the Poké Centers are connected). Also, props to whoever decided to turn Unjoy into the game's Missingno. Can I get my [expletive deleted] Ghost/Normal now? You know damn well that Eviolite Chancer outclasses Unjoy as it stands.

ANSWER ME, CAMERUPT. I KNOW YOU STILL READ THIS THREAD.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
EDIT: For some reason it posted my message twice. How fitting.

I was lurking the /vp/ thread and noticed that my old creepypasta was mentioned as an idea for Parax Town - I'm perfectly okay with this (if you can pull it off - all of the Poké Centers are connected). Also, props to whoever decided to turn Unjoy into the game's Missingno. Can I get my [expletive deleted] Ghost/Normal now? You know damn well that Eviolite Chancer outclasses Unjoy as it stands.

ANSWER ME, CAMERUPT. I KNOW YOU STILL READ THIS THREAD.

Well the Unjoy line are all pure Ghost, but there is a Ghost/Normal in the Ebin Islands dex called Vaevolta.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
All the yes! I love it already and haven't even played it yet!
some of these fakemon are just pure genius. Not gonna lie, I never really pick the Gr-ass (see what I did there? ;) ) type starters, but I think I'll be picking it in this game, just because of the ridiculously amazing concept! xD

Years
(EDIT: Credit where credit is due. I still love you, Fifz!)

Well the Unjoy line are all pure Ghost, but there is a Ghost/Normal in the Ebin Islands dex called Vaevolta.

As you can probably tell, I haven't paid too much attention to the Ebin and especially the NotHoenn dexes. I just mentioned Unjoy's typing because I'd always wanted it as Ghost/Normal (though I understand why it's not), but my biggest concern is with how useless Unjoy is when Eviolite exists. Maybe change its stats around a bit so it has its own niche? Could you at least bring it up to the gang, and see what they think? I still read the threads, I just can't post.

Somewhat unrelated, I wish I could show you guys my Minecraft map. Clovermon as far as the eye can see. Menu-Guy is doing one hell of a good job with those menu sprites.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
Just an update:

Progress on the hack is going strong, but we are still looking to recruit in several important areas:
-Experienced Advance map users
-People who can arrange and insert midis for custom music
-Spriters who can sprite in the gen 3 style
-Experienced Scripters

So if you need a project to work on, feel free to PM me or post here to apply!

Years
Man, I really wish I could get back to spriting (and CAPSLOCKing, for that matter). You'll need trainer sprites next, and I know just what needs to be made. :^)

Side question for anyone who drunkenly stumbles in from /vp/: Who else plans to trade Clovermon expies during the 2ch Wonder Trade event tomorrow? I've got around six boxes of various 5IV breedjects that could use some renaming before they go. Enjoy your raids.

Years
I heard what happened to Sage. It's a damn shame, but their pace was so slow that Gen VII will get here first. Still, Artifish looked baller.

It also seems that DubsClover is having a bit of an identity crisis. A bit of advice? Don't worry about it yet. It's a sequel, and our first Gen is still being worked on. If anything, we shouldn't work on DC until we've at least got our Fochun sprites inserted. It'll be months before Clover is completely finished, why not take the time to polish this turd?

Years
I don't mean to monopolize the posts in the thread, it's just that it's the only means of communication with you guys. I'm PMSing, so I apologize in advance for the bitchiness in my tone. This post is going to be long.

First off, I'm not fond of the new Geigh sprite. Geigh stands upright, for starters. The new sprite is literally just a recolored Rapidash. And if you're going to give the shiny a purple rainbow, make the whole damn thing purple. Re-shade the old sprite, or base one off of that pose. Don't fuck my character up.

Secondly, I have an idea for a trainer class: a generic CoD soldier named 'fucking' (lol, word filters). That way, we can fight trainers like, "Fucking Noob," "Fucking Camper," Fucking Sniper," and "Fucking Larry." I'll even make sprites for it, eventually.

Lastly, I'd like to talk about what to expect. As our project nears completion (and gets more attention), you'll notice something happening on the boards. Now that Sage has more or less left /vp/ to be assimilated by the Borg, the community is starting to lash out against us, and fan projects in general. PokéAus wants to try to be the next Sage, but it's a lofty goal.

Something that should be taken away from all of this is that Sage was /vp/'s baby. Taking it off-site was a betrayal of our trust, and people want to believe that we're trying to fill some kind of void. We're not Sage; we were never trying to be. We're just a bunch of guys who want to play a Pokemon game made by the /vp/ community - and don't want to wait forever to see it come to fruition.

I'm going to play Sage when it comes out. Will it have /vp/'s spirit? Probably not. But it'll be the best-looking Gen IV game you've ever played. Stay salty, Saussage.

StuperMarkio

Hopeful Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Yes
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
I don't mean to monopolize the posts in the thread, it's just that it's the only means of communication with you guys. I'm I'd like to talk about what to expect. As our project nears completion (and gets more attention), you'll notice something happening on the boards. Now that Sage has more or less left /vp/ to be assimilated by the Borg, the community is starting to lash out against us, and fan projects in general. PokéAus wants to try to be the next Sage, but it's a lofty goal.

Something that should be taken away from all of this is that Sage was /vp/'s baby. Taking it off-site was a betrayal of our trust, and people want to believe that we're trying to fill some kind of void. We're not Sage; we were never trying to be. We're just a bunch of guys who want to play a Pokemon game made by the /vp/ community - and don't want to wait forever to see it come to fruition.

I'm going to play Sage when it comes out. Will it have /vp/'s spirit? Probably not. But it'll be the best-looking Gen IV game you've ever played. Stay salty, Saussage.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back