• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Clover- A /vp/ based hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Here's a question for Numel, since he's running our Youtube channel: could you make a video collage of the original artwork of the Fochun mons, and use Clovenix's theme for background music? It would be an awesome way to build hype.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
while you have some interesting fakemon, i think your starters seem inappropriate to some people, and oh your fire starter could be somewhat disturbing, it has something to do with a certain religion. just saying.

Years
while you have some interesting fakemon, i think your starters seem inappropriate to some people, and oh your fire starter could be somewhat disturbing, it has something to do with a certain religion. just saying.

Relax. Our crew is spread so far around the globe that we'll be able to alert others before our inevitable Hebdo-ing. :^)

In all honesty though, controversy sells, man. No one really takes this project seriously, so why should you?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Those Fakemon are so creative, I wish I was able to come up with Pokemon like that, but I can't draw for Muk.

#24, #33, the starters, and #115-117 are the funniest IMO.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
UPDATE 4/14:

Clover is going strong! Some new screenshots, videos and an updated dex now with 252 fakemon have been added to the OP.

We are doing really well and are looking for people interested in the following areas

-EXPERIENCED ADVANCE MAP USERS
-PEOPLE WHO WORK WITH TILES/GRAPHICS
-XSE SCRIPTERS
-PEOPLE WHO CAN WORK WITH SAPPY
-PEOPLE WHO CAN COMPOSE ORIGINAL MUSIC IN MIDI FORMAT

Since I don't come here as often as i probably should, expect a PM response to come back slow, but i am around!

Alternatively, if you want a much quicker response, please reply to our thread on 4chan's /vp/ board, you can find it by going:

4chan home page --> Pokemon (/vp/) ---> Catalog ---> Look for "Pokemon Clover: x Edition" in the threads list, our image should be the Fochun Pokedex from the OP

Once there assign yourself a tripname in the name box when you post, and post what you want to help with, don't worry just because we are on 4chan, we don't bite!

Also feel free to come on our IRC Channel:

#PokemonClover, on irc.freenode.net

Use Kiwiirc.com and all you have to do is input a nickname and our channel name, we are usually around from 5PM to 10PM Eastern US time.

We look forward to your participation!

- Camerupt

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 4, 2018
Can you upload the patch to somewhere that is not tinyupload?
I mean, the 1.1 version, (not sure if that is the one linked in the first post), as it keep downloadong as an htm.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
UPDATE 5/25:

Clover is doing well (aside from the shitstorms that roll through our threads daily, but that doesn't affect us much), we are still greatly in need of MAPPERS.

All the Pokemon seen in the OP's fakedex are in the game and fully functional, new tiles have been put into the game, and we have a music composer (Thank you Aryo!)

While several areas have already been remapped, we are VERY IN NEED OF MAPPERS. We have received a few offers so far but they mostly dissipated. If you want to work on Clover, we need you to stick around. While there are other areas we may eventually need too, MAPPERS ARE THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY RIGHT NOW.

So if you can work in Advance Map, we gladly invite you to join our team. You can either PM me or pop into our IRC #PokemonClover.

jerryman13

Jeremy Padila
Years
I can not wait until this is finished. It looks beautiful and I love some of those names they are just priceless. Also that unjoy and it's predecessors are scary as hell I mean omg, but I love those creepy ones since they are on point/ Keep up the good work!

Years
I can not wait until this is finished. It looks beautiful and I love some of those names they are just priceless. Also that unjoy and it's predecessors are scary as hell I mean omg, but I love those creepy ones since they are on point/ Keep up the good work!

Please do not revive threads whose latest post is over one month old. CloverCamerupt, if you want this thread re-opening, contact myself or Christos.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
This is back? I'm so excited, it looks really interesting!
hope we can see some progress soon =]

Years
To answer your question, yes, Pokémon Clover is still a thing.
Recently, we've made a large amount of progress! Our PokéDex has been completed, trainers are being planned out, plot has been nearly 100% finalized, and we've made a ton of progress with maps being made and inserted.
However, we do have two bumps. The first one is that my computer is having issues so I can't import tilesets like I would normally. This means someone else on our dev team must learn how to do it, so if anyone could spare us some time, then please PM Camerupt or I.
The second more pressing issue is that currently, we're running short on scripters. We're also approaching the time where scripting becomes priority, and with school and my schedule, I can't do this alone. If anyone would like to help out, if even just to make a trainer battle or two, then I'd be thrilled. If you don't know how to script but are willing to help out with this, I will teach you everything I can over the IRC. Again, if you'd like to be a part of this process, please PM Camerupt or I, or go to /vp/ and find our thread.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
Clover news August edition!

UPDATES:
-Fochun's maps are almost done
-A major crash bug has been fixed
-The entire main game plot is planned and done
-The entire NPC trainer roster for the 8-gym beta main game is done
-NPC trainers can now have IV/EV/Natures thanks to some help from Pokecommunity user NewDenverCity
-We have 386 pokemon designed and finished, the first 2 of our gens,about 250 pokemon, will be available in the main game, with the other 135 available in the postgame (after the 8-gym beta)

Now onto the begging, if anything below applies to you, please PM me!

WHAT WE NEED:
-XSE Scripters! We are getting close to the time of needing scripters for the 8-gym beta, if you are a scripter, please contact us.
Scripters will probably be needed in FULL in around one month's time if everything with the maps goes on schedule.

WHAT WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR:

-More Mappers! Because you can never have enough!
-More gen 3 style Spriters! Because you can never have enough!
-People who can work with Sappy to arrange and insert midi's
-AN ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK COMPOSER, because everyone knows original music is sexy as hell, must be able to compose in midi for the sappy guy to use. Original themes planned/wanted include:

-Wild battle theme
-Trainer battle theme
-E4/Champ (not gym leader, we got Sandstorm for that)
-Rival theme/battle
-Any and all town/route themes you feel like composing for us

We will be using some music from other games and sources (Sandstorm for gym leader, some game themes in places) as well.

-RELIC CASTLE THREAD-
http://reliccastle.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=344

We have a thread over at relic castle too, not that it matters much since their hacking section is a ghost town, but still

-HOW TO CONTACT THE COMPUTER-LITERATE CAMEL MAN AND OTHER DEV PALS-

-The first place as always is the 4chan thread on /vp/ look for out brightly colored fakemon dex image in the catalog, and make a post offering to help with whatever o the thread, assign yourself a name and tripcode (puting #(insert your unique password) after your tripname in the name box)
-4CHAN IS NOT SCARY, people keep assuming this, it's just not true
-Come on our IRC channel, use Kiwiirc.com and simply type #PokemonClover into the channel name with a nickname for yourself
-Email or PM me yourself, my email is [email protected]

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
Years
Reminder that all posts (Sprites, teaser videos, music, etc) about this hack is going on over at /vp/.
A lot of progress has been made lately, and we're fairly certain that the 8-gym demo will be finished somewhere around January.
Since the author, CloverCamerupt apparently lost his password, I'll also say that we have a new IRC channel, #PokemonClover2 - Connect using kiwiirc.com
If you want, you can join in and have a chat, suggest things, etc.
This thread is pretty much dead and abandoned now, next thread should be in the Hacks studio forum :^)

EDIT:
Where did you go?

Last edited:
Years
Reminder that all posts (Sprites, teaser videos, music, etc) about this hack is going on over at /vp/.
A lot of progress has been made lately, and we're fairly certain that the 8-gym demo will be finished somewhere around January.
Since the author, CloverCamerupt apparently lost his password, I'll also say that we have a new IRC channel, #PokemonClover2 - Connect using kiwiirc.com
If you want, you can join in and have a chat, suggest things, etc.
This thread is pretty much dead and abandoned now, next thread should be in the Hacks studio forum :^)

EDIT:
Where did you go?
I left the dev team for two major reasons, the first being the whole Avi finding people's profiles which was downright ridiculous, and the second was school. Once finals are over and if the situation has improved, I'll consider coming back to the dev team, but that's a huge if and you shouldn't count on it. Sorry for not telling you guys earlier, but I didn't want to start another ----posting war by declaring my leave at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back