• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Cobalt Blue

Which Pokemon would you rather start off with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    nice new start I like it so is there any new beta on the way or alpha so we can have that new start

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Thanks for the comments, there might be another alpha later this year pachel22 and legends I have many parts of this hack planned already.

New Pikachu Sprite as it is the beginner...and only one can be found ;)

Pokemon Cobalt Blue

So Enjoy!

ZoFreX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2007
    That sprite and the new beginning look great, can't wait for more of this.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I will add more onto this rom...event wise. One event will be adding will be a Munchlax one, but I will not tell you how you can access the battle :P

I fixed up the forest a bit, image below.

Pokemon Cobalt Blue

So Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I will try to get more up soon, hopefully of the Munchlax event or the area after where you start xD

So Enjoy!

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
    Years
  • nice hack here. hacking GBC games such as these rocks.
    i have a question. you're hacking gold, right? are there different overworlds for the day/time-based events? and how does the clock work?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Bradrz said:
    I cant get to Violet City... (or what it is called now) There is a big boulder in the way! (or havent u got that far yet?:P)

That is the end of that demo...

clonex25 said:
    nice hack here. hacking GBC games such as these rocks.
    i have a question. you're hacking gold, right? are there different overworlds for the day/time-based events? and how does the clock work?

Thanks for the comment..the gold overworlds are built in there are not time-based sprites, just different palletes and day events such as Monica near Olivine are just flagged to appear on a certain day. I am not 100% how the clock works xD.

I will now show the sprites/Pokemon which will be available in Cobalt Blue, all Pokemon will be available but I had to shink some sprites below to do that.

Pokemon Cobalt Blue
    Pokemon Cobalt Blue
    Pokemon Cobalt Blue

Pokemon Cobalt Blue
    Pokemon Cobalt Blue
    Pokemon Cobalt Blue

These will be the only new sprites in this hack and they won't be available by grass.

So Enjoy!

Burnin' Leo

Alt+F4
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Nice! I like those sprites! I even think that Bonsly sprite is better than the D/P one! XD

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
    Years
  • Thanks there, Blazichu. I hope that it would help me understand how the day/time based events works. I hope that would also answer why GSC games have laerger megs than RBY (setting the colors and the game format aside). If you've figured out how the clock works, just PM me, please?

Liquinn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2007
    good story...good game....Liked it.Please update the thread soon.
    That's not giving him improvements really. Time to give my opinion.
    I like this hack Blazichu. I like the sprites, I hope there can be more scripting somehow, maybe more team rocket or the evil team events in a hideout or something.
    Since you can do nearly everything via a hex-editor and you're skilled alot more than you was a year ago you can do anything you want xD
    Hope that helped, Liquinn.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Only Plusle and Minun of the Hoenn region? Are you sure? (Or I misunderstand something)

Unless you are reluctant to change some other 1º/2º gen pokes...

Anyway, they all look great (the Munchie could use a bit more of color, but it's ok)

Keep it up Blazichu!

Burnin' Leo

Alt+F4
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    I like this hack! I think it's nearly as good as Plasma Red!
    It'll be cool if there are more new scripts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back