• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Coolness Factor

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    *note that before you read or post to this, that I am not trying to put anyone down, nor will I judge you because of your response*

Alright I am sure that every one here knows that pokemon isn't necessarily the "coolest" thing to be doing, but it is fun. I have found myself wondering what all of the people I am conversing and trading with are like. I was wondering if most of you are somewhat nerdy or antisocial because I think that you can play pokemon and still be a normal teenager. Myself (not to gloat or anything) play guitar, have lots of friends, play sports, and am an outgoing person. I was just wondering if I need to get a life, or are there other normal people like me playing pokemon also? Feel free to post your personality and hobbies, and your opinion on this subject.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I just play and study video games to the brim, am a Nintendo fanboy, and very popular. Also, I hold the Pokemon title for practically everything at my school. Computers are my life. And I can't lie.

Now that's a nerd.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I am the archetypal social recluse that's been disillusioned with humanity and spends all their time at home on the computer and playing video games, subsisting on nothing but twinkies and fast food plotting for the day that I wreck my vengance against the world.

April fools, lol. I don't subsist one Twinkies and fast food, I do my own cooking. XD

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • I know some people like you. And I don't look upon them. Or you.

So. I'm antisocial, the kinda guy that can share laughs with people, yet has no established group of friends.

Which is why I spend hours on end poring over my signature. Hehehe...

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Im kind of like you. I play the guitar, and have plenty of friends. But im not ashamed of playing Pokemon, and im not afraid to let people know that im a huge pokefan! Who cares if its cool or not? Its something i love doing ^_^

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    Im kind of like you. I play the guitar, and have plenty of friends. But im not ashamed of playing Pokemon, and im not afraid to let people know that im a huge pokefan! Who cares if its cool or not? Its something i love doing ^_^

I like your openness about it. I have told my close friends, but in my school telling people would be social suicide.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • This isn't the place place to try and answer that question also, use smaller text, the big text hurts my eyes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    I agree, but i bet you the people who make fun of pokemon have never even played it. So whats the point of listening to someones criticism about something when they have no knowledge on the matter.

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    This isn't the place place to try and answer that question also, use smaller text, the big text hurts my eyes.

Someone woke u on the wrong side of the bed lol. And where else should I talk about this?

I agree, but i bet you the people who make fun of pokemon have never even played it. So whats the point of listening to someones criticism about something when they have no knowledge on the matter.

I see where you are coming from. I figure if nobody asks I wont say anything.

Last edited:

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Someone woke u on the wrong side of the bed lol. And where else should I talk about this?

For one, not in a forum which mostly everyone would be bias to the question "Do I need to get a life, or are there other normal people like me playing pokemon also?".

I don't want to be mean but I see these threads all the time and it seems that people only make these threads to feel good about them selves rather then ask a serious question.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    For one, not in a forum which mostly everyone would be bias to the question "Do I need to get a life, or are there other normal people like me playing pokemon also?".

I don't want to be mean but I see these threads all the time and it seems that people only make these threads to feel good about them selves rather then ask a serious question.

I disagree with you. I think this is quite an appropriate question. This is a pokemon forum, and this is a question related to pokemon, is it not?

bigguy99

Proud owner of Scyther
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    I just play. I have friends who play, so I play with them. I like Pokemon, I have since I was nine, so why wouldn't I play? My friends who don't play are cool about it, and no one has called me childish yet. Heck, I even wrote a research paper in my English class about how Pokemon isn't childish! Am I the coolest person, or what (Its a rhetorical question, I don't actually think that I'm the coolest person, in fact, I know I'm not.).

Guitarstar76

Breeder/Pokecatcher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    I just play. I have friends who play, so I play with them. I like Pokemon, I have since I was nine, so why wouldn't I play? My friends who don't play are cool about it, and no one has called me childish yet. Heck, I even wrote a research paper in my English class about how Pokemon isn't childish! Am I the coolest person, or what (Its a rhetorical question, I don't actually think that I'm the coolest person, in fact, I know I'm not.).

Interesting, Yeah I gues being fourteen and everything some of my friends would think I was a loser for a couple of days than get over it, but others wouldn't care at all. I think the females would be turned off tho.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • I love the games and have the merchandise. I'm in the popular group at school, and becoming increasingly closer to those friends. Despite being in the popular group, we're not mean, in fact I'm friends with a heap of people who aren't in the group (and was also in a relationship last year with one one of the least popular guys in the school- he's actually pretty cool though). I also act like a complete psyco path, and often creep people out if they don't know me. I'm not always great a t school, except english. I love food, but I'm pretty fit from exercising everyday. I like reading (particularly twilight), watching stupid soaps, hanging with friends, the beach, shopping, and playing games. I love animals..... Also once I get my dsi pokemon skin and my hg with the poke walker, I shall use pokemon as my fashion..... that tis my life story, thank you for listening

Interesting, Yeah I gues being fourteen and everything some of my friends would think I was a loser for a couple of days than get over it, but others wouldn't care at all. I think the females would be turned off tho.

nah, most girls would get over it and like you for you.... Unless you talked about pokemon non-stop and never thought of anything else...

Last edited:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • im really shy and have only 2 close friends in real life. and a few in real life.
    mostly all i do is go to work, exercise, read and play video games.

GamerXtreme

Trapped Inside This Octavarium
    Years
  • I'm usually an outgoing person, I believe. I have a plentitude of buddies, and some of them are great fans of the Pokémon series.

Not to brag or anything at all similar, but I currently play bass guitar on a Metal/Jazz Fusion band formed by me and a couple of friends. Some of them are Poké-crazed as well! It's really awesome, on the rehearsal breaks, we usually talk about it! ^^
    I play Pokémon since I was 6 years old, first one was Pokémon Yellow, and I still love it, and the whole series for that matter. Pokémon never was, it isn't, and shall never be, ever, EVER, EVER, EVER, childish, immature, or whatever!!

(...) only 2 close friends in real life. and a few in real life. (...)

(I don't know if it was on purpose, but I think you wrote that wrong... xD)

-GX-

Last edited:
    Back