• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Dark Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    miksy, id like to say first that crystal hacks are soooo good albeit sooo rare nowadays.... but this is really good, imo your best one yet. Secondly, i really havent noticed any glitches at all, and thridly, i looooove your betas that are long enough to not be finished in one sitting.

So far ive beaten team rocket's hideout. my team is level 49 kingler and typhlosion (with flamethrower xD), 36 espeon, and 36 tentacruel. As you can see, i really appreciate how lucky eggs are sold in the very first mart.

Only thing i had a problem with so far is that in golden city, once you jump the ledge, the only way to get back to the pokemon center is via the ruins... i had to go therre many times and it was out of the way alot.

So far i have 4 badges and cant figure out where to go next... last gym i beat was the fire gym. umm so now where do i go?

Other than that, excellent work man

Edit: i figured out to use strength -__- lol. Then dummied the 'super onix' hahaha. it should be shiny (if you can figure out how to do that, it should be super for a reason other than its level)

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • miksy, id like to say first that crystal hacks are soooo good albeit sooo rare nowadays.... but this is really good, imo your best one yet. Secondly, i really havent noticed any glitches at all, and thridly, i looooove your betas that are long enough to not be finished in one sitting.

So far ive beaten team rocket's hideout. my team is level 49 kingler and typhlosion (with flamethrower xD), 36 espeon, and 36 tentacruel. As you can see, i really appreciate how lucky eggs are sold in the very first mart.

Only thing i had a problem with so far is that in golden city, once you jump the ledge, the only way to get back to the pokemon center is via the ruins... i had to go therre many times and it was out of the way alot.

So far i have 4 badges and cant figure out where to go next... last gym i beat was the fire gym. umm so now where do i go?

Other than that, excellent work man

Edit: i figured out to use strength -__- lol. Then dummied the 'super onix' hahaha. it should be shiny (if you can figure out how to do that, it should be super for a reason other than its level)
    Actually there isn't even a way to make an opponent have a shiny pokemon, encountered pokemon like gyarados can be made shiny somehow...

Anyway I'm glad you liked it :D

In addition, UPDATE ;)

I might get a person from youtube to fix my bad grammar in this game.
    And another thing is that I should be able to put up a half game release (with Pokemon League) in the beginning of April :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2014
    Hi Miksy,
    I have a question..I like the sprite of the hiro(it looks like mario xD gj) and I want to ask which program program are you using.. thanks for anserw.

miksy91

Years
  • Hi Miksy,
    I have a question..I like the sprite of the hiro(it looks like mario xD gj) and I want to ask which program program are you using.. thanks for anserw.
    Mmm..I guess I'll answer as you want me to :)

There is a sprite editor for pokemon gold which I mainly use but other spriting must be done with a simple tile editor (like tile layer pro).
    It can edit any rom you want but it's not as simple to use as you may think as it's an "editor".

Also the hiro is not meant to be mario because I ripped his sprite from telefang power/speed for gbc. Those games can also be seen called pokemon diamond and jade but they're pirate names and the games don't have that much to do with pokemon.

Years
  • Crystal is my first pokemon game and I just love to play it. I just plax it 1 month age. I am downloading your beta. Are you going to add 3rd and 4th generation pokemon. I know It is very hard to insert new sprite but I realy want to see them in Pokemon Crystal. Good luck with you hack.

miksy91

Years
  • Crystal is my first pokemon game and I just love to play it. I just plax it 1 month age. I am downloading your beta. Are you going to add 3rd and 4th generation pokemon. I know It is very hard to insert new sprite but I realy want to see them in Pokemon Crystal. Good luck with you hack.
    There is a program which can insert 3rd gen pokemon sprites to G/S but not to crystal, sorry... (I won't add any) :|

Btw if you're willing to wait until April I'll have a 2nd beta up and you'll not miss anything in the beginning as the current beta lacks a few things.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    There is a program which can insert 3rd gen pokemon sprites to G/S but not to crystal, sorry... (I won't add any) :|

Which reminds me,have you ever considered hacking gold or silver?

I really want to see your full potential!

miksy91

Years
  • Which reminds me,have you ever considered hacking gold or silver?

I really want to see your full potential!
    Actually, I've :D
    When I had made this up to the 5th gym, I found out how to edit trainers with only the use of hex editor so therefore I've no reason to make crystal hacks anymore. But I'm not going to quit this one ;)

I don't know if I continue hacking after this one is done or not but if I do I'll probably make a hack of pokemon silver.

miksy91

Years
  • I like the new updates. How do you edit Trainer names is Crystal hack? Do you use CrystalText for that?
    I could make it so that CrystalText loaded data for the names of all trainers as well but after the trainers, you can find the data for their pokemon so the text of the trainers would look messed up.

Editing the names of the trainers is rather simple:
    Open the rom and table file of the rom in hex editor and search for the name of the trainer you wish to edit.

A=80, B=81, C=82,...

When I find the name I replace the letters of the name by changing those bytes (80, 81, 82,..)

EDIT:
    I might as well tell how far I've progressed and when beta will possibly come.

I've finished mapping and editing the trainers for beta 2 already but some people in youtube pointed out that my grammar is bad and when re-playing the beginning of the game I realized it too so right now I've been re-editing the text (storyline is of course the same) and have made it to Sandstone City.
    So I've possibly fixed half of the text for the beta that will be fixed.

Beta will likely be up by this, next or the following weekend depending on how lazy I'm continueing it :D

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I just started playing Dark Future, and its pretty amazing. I just now got to Cid's Gym, but Im trying to make a mini map for his Gym...I hate it when people alter Marty's old Gym floor pattern...But, its still a great game nonetheless.

UPDATE: I managed to get through his gym after alot of mind ache. Afterwards, I managed to get through the rest of the game. I cant wait for the next beta release. Im kinda tempted to use a Gameshark to get Cut to get to the Sudowoodo, but I'll be a good boy for once and wait!

Last edited:

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • This game's looking great. I like the epic storyline and colourful graphics, as well as the minor edits that really make a big deal. And finally, we get to start with an Eevee!

"I've a phobia that someone's always"... Is that a reference to Fear of the Dark? :)

miksy91

Years
  • This game's looking great. I like the epic storyline and colourful graphics, as well as the minor edits that really make a big deal. And finally, we get to start with an Eevee!

"I've a phobia that someone's always"... Is that a reference to Fear of the Dark? :)
    Yep, he's singing it in the cavern and you have to know that to manage in the radio quiz.

Besides, the text in the current beta has bad english in it and I've been fixing it lately and all the text that's in it will be fixed for beta 2. However, you should be able to understand what people mean.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back