• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer 781

Oh, by the way. Aren't you gonna try making the sprites Animated?
Actually, this not an Emerald based hack (in which pokemon sprites animate), so it is not possible.

BTW, this will become a great hack. This first one was hard, but still was pleased to win difficult battles.

@DRGirl: A suggestion - Can you make different rotom formes to revert back to normal rotom (for example, evolving each of them to normal form by using thunderstone or etc.) This can come handy if you want to use different formes at different places by process of devolving and revolving.

A correction for evolution readme file - togepi evolves to togetic (should be there instead of wigglituff).

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Actually, this not an Emerald based hack (in which pokemon sprites animate), so it is not possible.

BTW, this will become a great hack. This first one was hard, but still was pleased to win difficult battles.

@DRGirl: A suggestion - Can you make different rotom formes to revert back to normal rotom (for example, evolving each of them to normal form by using thunderstone or etc.) This can come handy if you want to use different formes at different places by process of devolving and revolving.

A correction for evolution readme file - togepi evolves to togetic (should be there instead of wigglituff).

Actually, it can be made compatible through researches.
Some hackers are already doing that.

Trainer 781

That would be really cool. But I am pretty much satisfied with hacks contain the physical/special class or some later gen moves or hacks with a good storyline or good tilesets.

Grandmasterboom

xJownage
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 26, 2016
true. pokemon ash gray uses that (i think, might be mixed up though)
Thats one of the reasons i like emerald hacks soo much better than others, besides better base sprites. It adds a lot to me.

One of the things i would like to see is not having the player get legendaries too early, meaning you encounter legendaries but dont actually catch most of them until after the game has been beaten.
It would also be cool if the storyline with the "evil beings" continued after the elite four, or whatever substitute you may have.

How will the starter levels work? you get a fully evolved starter but if they were level 5 it wouldnt make sense, and if they were 50 the game levels wouldnt have enough room to grow. My thinking is a over lv 100 hack, but idk if it is possible yet (i know it is through cheats)

RARECANDY

POKÉMANIAC
Years
Hey pokèfan how are yot all?
We know that pokemon darkrising is one of the best HACK game ever released.BUT it is quite hard to play......all the gym leaders andelite 4and i think the rivals battle are tough too..
1)First of all you need to came at (Tiki Villege.)
2)Catch a ABRA .becoz its teleport is very usefull before u have HM fly its help you to get back last healing spot.@you can find abra in lavaburn path near tiki villege.@
@@P@@3)Now the most Important thing go forward from tiki villege you will be see a cliff. Move back to tiki villege. in the entrance (in your right hand) you will see a man like you.WEIRD.Talk to him.He will talk with u like a pokemart shopkeeper . Choose @See ya@ and you will encounter the pokemon u last time battle....
4)It is working on any pokemon.!!
@@@TIPS@@@
Before you can play DR2,try to play DR1 another time in easy way...you can follow these steps..
1)Just start a new game choose the starter and do everything and make your step at tiki villege.heal your pokemon and catch a ABRA.
2)If you want to ev train your pokemon,encounter a wild pokemon anywhere and after you encounter your damanded pokemon with demanded ev, use abra's teleport.you will be at in front of tiki villege.follow@@P@@.talk the man again and again and you will encounter the pokemon you last encounter again and again.
3)after completing ev train now it is time to level up.Go to lavaburn forest and do everything(that means dft trainer pick item etc.).and before entering flamen city there is a trainer with a torkoal defeat him and use teleport and follow @@P@@ and you will gain 345 exp point everey time.
4)buy some super repel go to atlantic cape(where u encounter ENTEI)(you can battle entei againandagain everey time you enter at atlantic cape from atlantic city) catch 5 phanpy with pickup abilities.store them pc bring your strongest pokemon and lastly defet entei and use escape rope and came back at tiki villege without encountering any other pokemon(use super repel again and again) follow @@P@@and place 5 phanpy at end of your party and the pokemon you want to level up keep it at top.(i.o.w at your main slot).
5)after having hm fly and lucky egg and have a strong team of 60up pokemon,store your team and bring only a flyer pokemoo and a low level pokemon at tiki villege heal them at pokecenter and fly at aroma town.came back HIDDEN BANKER at aroma path and battle GIAVONY(the team rocket leader) you wil lost but revive at tiki villege. Bring out your strongest pokemon and follow @@P@@.defeat them but dont panic becoz if you lost you will revive at tiki villege and you can face them again.but this time they have the hp you leave at previous battle so dft them and you will face 0hp lvl 94 rhyperior who gives you 4500* exp with lucky egg(you can have lucky egg at iceland city.with this you can lvl 100 all your 6 pokemon easily.
6)fly at aroma town bring only one pokemon and enter hidden house(where you got victini) talk to paul again and again and you will get 5 victini.bring them at pc and grab their item SACRED SAND and delete them from box bring one pokemon at your party and do it again and again you will have 99 sacred sand.. . . . . . . . . .
@this is my first post and i dont know how to upload picture so,if anyone teach me i will be able to upload some importent picture about this post.if you like it pls comment@

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
We know that pokemon darkrising is one of the best HACK game ever released.BUT it is quite hard to play......all the gym leaders andelite 4and i think the rivals battle are tough too..
2)Catch a ABRA .becoz its teleport is very usefull before u have HM fly its help you to get back last healing spot.@you can find abra in lavaburn path near tiki villege.@
@@P@@3)Now the most Important thing go forward from tiki villege you will be see a cliff. Move back to tiki villege. in the entrance (in your right hand) you will see a man like you.WEIRD.Talk to him.He will talk with u like a pokemart shopkeeper . Choose @See ya@ and you will encounter the pokemon u last time battle....
@@@TIPS@@@
Before you can play DR2,try to play DR1 another time in easy way...you can follow these steps..
1)Just start a new game choose the starter and do everything and make your step at tiki villege.heal your pokemon and catch a ABRA.
2)If you want to ev train your pokemon,encounter a wild pokemon anywhere and after you encounter your damanded pokemon with demanded ev, use abra's teleport.you will be at in front of tiki villege.follow@@P@@.talk the man again and again and you will encounter the pokemon you last encounter again and again.
3)after completing ev train now it is time to level up.Go to lavaburn forest and do everything(that means dft trainer pick item etc.).and before entering flamen city there is a trainer with a torkoal defeat him and use teleport and follow @@P@@ and you will gain 345 exp point everey time.
4)buy some super repel go to atlantic cape(where u encounter ENTEI)(you can battle entei againandagain everey time you enter at atlantic cape from atlantic city) catch 5 phanpy with pickup abilities.store them pc bring your strongest pokemon and lastly defet entei and use escape rope and came back at tiki villege without encountering any other pokemon(use super repel again and again) follow @@P@@and place 5 phanpy at end of your party and the pokemon you want to level up keep it at top.(i.o.w at your main slot).
5)after having hm fly and lucky egg and have a strong team of 60up pokemon,store your team and bring only a flyer pokemoo and a low level pokemon at tiki villege heal them at pokecenter and fly at aroma town.came back HIDDEN BANKER at aroma path and battle GIAVONY(the team rocket leader) you wil lost but revive at tiki villege. Bring out your strongest pokemon and follow @@P@@.defeat them but dont panic becoz if you lost you will revive at tiki villege and you can face them again.but this time they have the hp you leave at previous battle so dft them and you will face 0hp lvl 94 rhyperior who gives you 4500* exp with lucky egg(you can have lucky egg at iceland city.with this you can lvl 100 all your 6 pokemon easily.
6)fly at aroma town bring only one pokemon and enter hidden house(where you got victini) talk to paul again and again and you will get 5 victini.bring them at pc and grab their item SACRED SAND and delete them from box bring one pokemon at your party and do it again and again you will have 99 sacred sand.. . . . . . . . . .
@this is my first post and i dont know how to upload picture so,if anyone teach me i will be able to upload some importent picture about this post.if you like it pls comment@

I only read the bottom line and not the rest of it because it's full of.. '@@'
Anyways to post an image use the bb code [image]www.image.com/png[/image] like that.
Or you can just attached those pictures.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I fixed the Evolutions list on the main post as well as added another location in the Wild Pokemon List. Time for me to take a break!
Also, the release date for Beta 1 is December 20th.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I fixed the Evolutions list on the main post as well as added another location in the Wild Pokemon List. Time for me to take a break!
Also, the release date for Beta 1 is December 20th.

Oh my god, so I'll be playing two december released hack! ^^
Sweet, I'll make sure to play it (:

RARECANDY

POKÉMANIAC
Years
Hey!DRG i am a big fan of pokemon dark rising series.i read the dr2 pokemon list but i didnot find TIMBURR in that.pls pls pls add him in early game in dr2(first or second route) and in dr1 he didnot learn cross chop. Pls pls add him in dr2 with the move cross chop.(timburr=conkuldurr is one of the best pokemon in pokemon dr series).

RARECANDY

POKÉMANIAC
Years
I only read the bottom line and not the rest of it because it's full of.. '@@'
Anyways to post an image use the bb code [imageimage] like that.
Or you can just attached those pictures.

Oh! You didnot read the post..@you just use flamethrower to my heart and earthquake at my [email protected] it care fully and discover some very usefull bug in dr1(:p

RARECANDY

POKÉMANIAC
Years
@@@TIPS@@@

Oh you can catch giratina too just use master ball to capture and then you will see him again this time defeat him to proceed.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone. I'm currently doing my personal playthrough of the hack & I can't wait for some of you to try it yourself. Everything's pretty much done, but I'll be using the extra spare time til the release date to add even more content to it.
One thing I forgot to add though is a regional map into the hack. If there's anyone who's interested in inserting a regional map into the hack (It's a Big Region), please let me know. Full credit will be given.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Glad to know that the release will be early December.
Somehow, December 20th is pretty early, well.. you know for me.
Since I'm not doing any hacking business, I'll try this out for sure.
Good luck on the rest, DRG!

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
@@@TIPS@@@

Whoa, youve got a long post there?
What are you trying to do?
It is like youre trying to make a walkthrough?
By the way there is a DR1 walkthrough already made. So you dont need to post a very long post here :)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Whoa, youve got a long post there?
What are you trying to do?
It is like youre trying to make a walkthrough?
By the way there is a DR1 walkthrough already made. So you dont need to post a very long post here :)

If you read closely, that's not a walkthrough..

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2022
i just complete dr1 & that was not hard bt awesome :-)
bt i badly want to play dr2 so take ur time n make this hack best :-D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
So today was interesting...I have two computers, one is a desktop (Where I do all of my rom-hacking activities) and a Laptop (That I use just to browse the internet/do school work). Today I decided I'll finish my playthrough of DR2 on my laptop so I can relax & play more comfortable.

After I did that...I realized something...SOMETHING BAD! Well, not too bad...

Playing the hack on my laptop, which is much better quality than my desktop, showed me how Bad the OWs & Trainer Sprites look & how badly they are colored. Doing all of my rom-hacking activities on my desktop was a terrible idea since my desktop is like 14 years old with little to no upgrades at all. Not to mention the desktop's in bad condition visually. The screen can't get any brighter and it's very dull. Which explains why I never fully saw how messed up some of the darker colors were in the hack.

So with that said, I apologize with everyone for how lackluster some of the OWs & Trainer Sprites will be in the hack. I will re-color & edit some of the OWs on my laptop so I can see better, but the trainer sprites that are all already inserted will have to remain in the hack because I can't seem to replace them now that they are already inserted. Sorry for that.

All in all, I hope this doesn't ruin anyone's fun & I'm still excited for everyone to play. Even if the excitement went down a little now...

There will also be an update coming November 20th to celebrate DR2 being released exactly a month later from that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back