• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Dimensia, Essence of the Elements

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    .:: Hack Name ::.
    Pokemon Dimensia, Essence of the Elements

.:: Hack of ::.
    Pok?mon Ruby

.:: Introduction ::.
    Yeah, I have been hacking for 4-5 months and I think I can pull it off.

.:: Story ::.
    Okay, there is a team called Team Eclipse, that wants the world to be darkness and try to use the moon's rotation to do that. Then if the world is immersed in darkness (if you listen in science class) the animals will evolve over a period of time, much like that of the Ice Age, the Team wants to breed and control PKMN that have adaptations like those of the sabertooth and such to terrorize the world and become a world regime. (And you have to stop them, you get the point, see the Atlantis Reborn story for other details)

.:: Features ::.
    New Pokemon
    New Maps
    New Hero/Heroine
    New Story and Scripts
    New pretty much everything!

.:: Team ::.
    Mapper: Legendary Reploid Zero, Barneyzhen, 2 more positions open.
    Scripter: Legendary_Reploid_Zero, Shaneypoo17, 1 more position open.
    Spriters: Coreystranick, ZephryPlusle, Blastoise B.B.(used to be)-positions are ALL FILLED
    Spriters to thank for used sprites: ZephryPlusle,Arrogance,Dragon_Master,- Cool Trainer Nick –,Shadowfuse
    ,Sarah241847,Rog ,Aqualad,KageSora,Coronis,Coreystranick,Shiny Meganium
    ,Blazikenlvl00,Mudkip_luv,Masquerainmistress,team_magma93,midnightmyuu
    Thorns,Naruto-Uzumaki,Karasu,Latias Tamer ,Silon
    Midnight_Dragon249,Lugia_master,Shaneypoo17,Cowrie,JBCBlank,Omega Latios,Chronos,Act,Chameleon Eyes,Full Moon Wolf,Minka Lover,Eig,Psychopathic Canine,Dark Trainer Piro,Shadow909,Swizzler121,SuperMario,Squirrel Zombiez,Untitled,swimmerboy91,blaziken13fire
    xyiothene,rotimikid,Skater959,Kanto's Past,KougaWolf,MulteonDX,
    <-xXSkull94_EmberXx->
    -SOME ARE FROM SEREBII FORUMS!!!!!

.:: Screenshots ::.

Okay any comments? Remember, 5 more ideas or I will delay the release of the beta!
    Answer truthfully!-By the way if you want to vote, rate this thread with your vote so I know what you feel about it.

Last edited:

Wolf

It looks a little promising. The fire starter.. isn't one of my favorites, but hey everyone has their own opinion. The story is a nice idea and I hope this hack goes far. Good Luck.

Years
    Seems promising, but your mapping needs a little work. I would suggest getting someone that's good at mapping to map for your hack.

MAR Heaven

No Comment
    Years
    The game looks really good continue the good work!

The first screen has a little glitch on the side but everything looks great and the starters!

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    the hack looks nice and the pkmn r good looking
    gl in making dis hack

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    okay listen

hey okay, Darthon, just show any work that you have for maps and you're in.

By the way, it would be helpful if people could point out the glitches in the maps.

By the way, the title screen is supposed to be like that, it signifies how the world becomes disruptive...

yeah anyway, any comments or suggestions?

calanton

Check out Pokemon Liquid Ocean
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    This is very promising i'm really looking forwad to playing this hack,the two best hacks i've seen so far is this one and dark e's the return to johto.
    Hope this doesn't get canceled.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
    hey!
    what a good kimeras (fakes)

but you must import your sprites with unlz, the error this image shows (image ) i used to have it when i had used rsball, i think that is the reason...

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
    ?einch? we always call the mixes of pokemon, fakemons...

but like you want...

i'll try again

what a good no-fakes

PD: please, take yourself down a peg, there isnt needs of loose the bredings

Last edited:
    Years
    Um, if they aren't fakes, then what are they?

Oh, and in the eleventh screen- Err... Why are you fighting with a level five Flareon? It looks like it's your starter... But then what about the actual fake?

Anyway, if you need any sprites just give the word. ^^

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    oh, sorry!

oh, sorry. I thought you meant the screens were fakes. *turns bright red with embarrassment*. If you meant fakemon yes some of them are.

And um, Zephry, I'm working on the backsprites later, they take a while, thats why.

And um by the way, I am up to Rustboro in the mapping area so when I get this boulder of an obstacle out of the way I will finish in about 1-2 more maps and then release it.

Last edited:

magma_boi

Hungry Hungry Hippo
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2010
    hey the hack looks preety gud awsome story line the mapping could be a bit better, if u need any help i can do mappin i hav worked on a couple games befor and i have made 1 hack.... but there was no real storylin... just map changes it was for ruby aswell, so yer and i do spriting aswell so yer keep up the awsome worx

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
    Years
    a good effort but not many "great" gamers would be interested in playing this hack. pokemon games with fakes are not a popualr choice. the reason being anyone can change a pokemones colour and give it "wings" but it takes a true spriter to make a pokemon from scratch and still make it look good. Evidence that your spriters can be some what "inexperienced" is shown with;
    1. the grass starter....shading is utterly appalling and the design in terrible
    2. all 3 starters...outline sucks
    3. again back to the grass starter "its tail has dark ontop and light at the bottom", an obvious image flip and restick

People if you want to MAKE A HACK god dam doo it right. its that much easier to put pincers horns on charmander and say HEY LOOK its a PINCERMANDER!!! then to make something truley magnificent from nothing. i truely think you need to reconsider having these images into a hack.
    the maps are average, they are about the best thing in the game.
    ....and if your still wining about...i want crossed pokemon....then make em your self from scratch, it doesnt take a genous to make a jigglypuff from scratch then add a flame tail and wings on it!
    remember what i have said and learn from it!
    respectfully yours
    Scyther

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    thank you for your comments, but please also be respectful of the learning process. The only way we can learn is to learn from mistakes and if all "great"
    gamers don't want to play, hey thats fine with me! I am making this hack so when I finish I will have a product that I will appreciate for my efforts, others can too if they want. Hacking is a fun past-time for me and that's the only reason I'm doing it.

2. Please don't say things like "god ****" it really doesn't help. Also don't avoid it with the word dam, I noticed okay?

3. Telling what's messed up is good but I've noticing seeing the good part in it takes quite a lot of skill so please backup unnecessary comments with true feedback instead of fix this and that, more things like fix this, you can do this and that to fix it.

4. BY the way, "fakes" are fusions right? Then how come people do hacks with fusions like DCB's Fusion Nightmare. See? Think about it alittle.

5. Thanks for the GOOD comments but PLEASE tell me WHATS WRONG WITH IT SO I CAN FIX IT!

6. To scyther: if you think I am whining around requesting sprites, that is MY BUSINESS! If I request something I can! If everyone could do everything by themselves then why do we have incs if everyone wouldn't need a spriter/hacker/scripter, etc. ? This is a first hack, be kind, jeez!

okay update.

I have finished these maps: Pacific Isle, Dream Path, Rocky Summit, Forestation Devastation, Sunjive City, Solemn Peak, Aqua Paradise.

Working on
    Used to be Rustboro
    Petalburg Woods
    Dewford
    And scripts up to Dewford

So yeah, you can expect a release in around 23-27th. I hope it will be satisfying.

Help Needed
    SOmetimes there are tips of treetops appearing in the game but when I open the map in advancemap some of these things are out of range and I can't edit it. Can anyone tell me a tool that does edit it?

Last edited by a moderator:

pencilbuddy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    here are some ideas
    new attacks
    new gyms
    new elite four
    new towns
    more badges to collect

Years
    Scyther said:
    a good effort but not many "great" gamers would be interested in playing this hack. pokemon games with fakes are not a popualr choice. the reason being anyone can change a pokemones colour and give it "wings" but it takes a true spriter to make a pokemon from scratch and still make it look good. Evidence that your spriters can be some what "inexperienced" is shown with;
    1. the grass starter....shading is utterly appalling and the design in terrible
    2. all 3 starters...outline sucks
    3. again back to the grass starter "its tail has dark ontop and light at the bottom", an obvious image flip and restick
    Hey! *is overly defensive about her sprites* Look, the outlines on ALL the sprites were ruined because the pallettes were changed to the Hoenn starters' pallettes. In fact, I have made a few scratches for the game.

Since so many people are complaining, I might as well redo the fire starter so it's scratch and has Torchic's color pallette. That okay, Legendary_Reploid_Zero? (Can I just call you Legendary for short?)

Back