• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Dimensia, Essence of the Elements

magma_boi

Hungry Hungry Hippo
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2010
    yer dude... giv the fella a break man, like your mr. perfect geez lay off, hay...

Wolfius

Incubus Obsessed...
    Years
    magma_boi said:
    yer dude... giv the fella a break man, like your mr. perfect geez lay off, hay...

Actually, the guy's right. You haven't been round that long to see how good hacks are supposed to turn out. At least Legendary is taking these constructive comments into thought.

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
    Years
    thank you Wolfius!
    and ZephyrPlusle, it is only natural that when people request your sprite you ask what the pallet will be and what pokemon it will be taking over so you can MAKE SURE it turns out ok...no point saying oh i didnt know, because thats just being lazy. and some of them mistakes are ones that even ameatures know. Ledendary, i respect what you say. but in a full honest opinion, you would need to do a hell of alot of remodling and redoing stuff to make what ive seen so far vaguly interesting. like wolfius said, hacks get more attention if theya re what people are after. and joined imaged pokemon isnt really one of them.
    if you want some advice. scrap the fused pokemon idea and get your spriters to make some brand new pokemon from scratch.

DarkFear

I will ^^
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 22, 2010
    Ok Scyther your critiscm is constructive but also deconstructive. Saying "the outline sucks is not very helpful ok? It's good that you are pointing out the faults, but don't deconstruct ok?

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
    Years
    Hey, nice hack, you asked to the users to point out the glitches on your maps, right? well, there's one on the 3 pic (6th pic from the start). If you see the peak that is near the left corner, from the place it starts, there's a error.

You send me a PM to ask for my fusion Snire, didn't you? Well, I think you got me wrong, I said that you could use it.

So... here it is. (With his backpic)

Pokemon Dimensia, Essence of the Elements
    Pokemon Dimensia, Essence of the Elements

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    okay thanks for the support guys, but Scyther aren't you just stating YOUR opinion? You don't speak for everyone you know? Anyway, no more talk about this, lets get onto the main things.

-New things that may or may not be on the beta (I am trying VERY hard to squeeze all I can into the first beta.)

• Some New Pokemon
    • New Scripts
    • New Maps (DEFINITELY WILL BE THERE!)
    • Possibly in replacement of the bikes: Extremeboard (A board that can be used to skate (can pop wheels) and iceboard in caves.
    • For surfing: you know how people windsurf? You can get your pokemon to surf and you can ride the waves!
    • And possibly others if I work through the night.

And yeah, in the second beta I will bold out the Dimensia title in the titlescreen, its too much to do in 3 wks...maybe i could..

Years
    Scyther said:
    thank you Wolfius!
    and ZephyrPlusle, it is only natural that when people request your sprite you ask what the pallet will be and what pokemon it will be taking over so you can MAKE SURE it turns out ok...no point saying oh i didnt know, because thats just being lazy. and some of them mistakes are ones that even ameatures know. Ledendary, i respect what you say. but in a full honest opinion, you would need to do a hell of alot of remodling and redoing stuff to make what ive seen so far vaguly interesting. like wolfius said, hacks get more attention if theya re what people are after. and joined imaged pokemon isnt really one of them.
    if you want some advice. scrap the fused pokemon idea and get your spriters to make some brand new pokemon from scratch.
    Personally, I think fused Pokemon adds more to the storyline, but don't ask me. XD

But Legendary, he is kind of right about the pallette thing; You can't just request splices. You have to actually make sure the colors match the Pokemon you're replacing. That's why my scratches are to the Pokemon's pallettes...

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    yeah that's true

yeah that's true...that's why I am trying to match up the palletes as best as I can, sometimes they can't be perfect though..

Spazzup

umm
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Why on earth can't you just change the palettes? o.o

To be truly honest I agree with Scyther though. ;D

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    by the way

thanks MulteonXD, I am working on Rustboro, it could be a harbor type of thing because it matches Sunny Isle below and Route 116 (next to it) in its watery and rock environment. It will be a harbor with ships movin around and with a ground and aqua gym leader, Trixy.

And Cool Trainer Nick made the poochyena and eevee fusion.

By the way I am done with Rustboro, I will upload a pic.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hmm... If you ask me, the grass cuts off at an odd angle. And there is one house that has an incomplete roof... But hey, I'm not a mapper.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    no

no its because I took the pic off Advance map and since Rustboro is so big, I can only show a piece at a time. And the gym had to be remodeled because it didn't fit with the water.

EDIT: Route 116 added, see pic.

Last edited:
    Years
    Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
    no its because I took the pic off Advance map and since Rustboro is so big, I can only show a piece at a time. And the gym had to be remodeled because it didn't fit with the water.

EDIT: Route 116 added, see pic.
    No, I wasn't talking about the top... The grass suddenly ends, and then there's a rock wall. Maybe you should make the entire ground rock instead of mixing rock and grass.

Also, on the new one, you can see corners of green at the bottom of the cliffs. You can also see corners of blue on the bridge. And I believe that cave entrances are two blocks high...

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    :S sorry... but u need to learn how to use the BLOCK EDITOR in advance map... or jus get a mapper that can actually map :S. and fused pkmn in a hack... BAD IDEA... fused r old news... with fused pokemon the people already know the pokemon, their types and their moves so they r old... but if u do completely new scratch pokemon then everything would be good ^^ anywayz... get a more experienced mapper or learn how to edit tilesets and use the block editor

-Shaneypoo17

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    ideas?

by the way, the new prof is called Yew, and dad and mom are BOTH gym leaders.

And yeah Shaney, I know but I have had this idea for a LONG time and I have added about 100 fused pokemon, some are not as obvious to see as fusions as others. But I will get some fusions. Zephry sent some scratch substitutions for Swablu and Altaria with one and Aerosol to replace them.

Scratches will appear in the beta after this one though.

(Remember it is still pretty much atlantis reborn so I can't turn around the whole hack now!)

And please I know about the scratches so don't pester me with that and tell me what I should use the block editor when these work out okay too. (I know how to use a block editor) But I probably will use it for icy snow or something...

Last edited:
    Back