• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Dream World Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashberto7

★ Celebi ★
Years
  • Just caught this from DW:

Female - Farfetch'd
    Brave Nature
    Defiant [Ability]
    Leer|Fury Cutter|Fury Attack|Knock Off

Question - At the moment I have 180 Dream World points how have I obtained these?
    Also How many do you need to buy a new area or get different pokemon?

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
  • omg! no fair!! i befriended 2 pages full of pokemon and out of all of those there was only 3 females ! lol so i got a female cloud nine lickitung :) and i now have 1130 dream points :)

Last edited:

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    You obtain Dream Points by doing stuff on the site--playing games with wild pokemon, trading with Dream World pals, and (possibly) planting berries.

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    last night i found a Dream world Shinx with the guts ability, AND it had magnet rise in its moveset, is that cool or what?

also, what do these "dream points" you earn for? i have no idea

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • Dream world points affect a couple things. They affect how many rows of berries you can have, and the more points you have, the more pokemon are available to find in the dream island.

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Dream world points affect a couple things. They affect how many rows of berries you can have, and the more points you have, the more pokemon are available to find in the dream island.

They can also unlock other areas.

Last edited:

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Some things discovered/confirmed today:

-Island of Dreams becomes deserted after visiting it roughly 5 times. I don't think I managed to hit 50 Pokemon befriended (I had two and a half 'pages' full) but after about the 5th visit, there wasn't any Pokemon or items to be found.
    -Diglett dug me another row in my garden XD I'm not sure if this is Dream Points related. I guess it is?
    -Confirmed you can only take ONE Pokemon at a time (there's no option to stuff the Dream Tree with more than one berry). But that still doesn't explain why there are ten slots on the friend board. I guess for event encounters?
    -Cheri and Peacha berries seem to give the same ice-cream scoop options.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Anyone else kinda bummed that, because the code used to sync a game is tied to the save and you can't change the synced game/sync more than one to an account, you can't really start a new game without essentially forfeiting your account?
    Also, more annoyingly, because it ties the cart to the DS when you set it up, you'll have to always use that one unless you restart, leading to the same problems. This sucks because it means once I get my 3DS I'll have to use my DSi whenever I want to connect to Global Link.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • are you sure about that?? because isnt there about 100 different pokemon??
    and also that cant be true because you have to get 10,000 dream points to get all the pokemon and that would take about 2 months and there is 60 days in two months meaning thst by the time you can get all the pokemon the dream isle world be gone so your statement is in correct
    Ps. ive changed my signiture and my avatar :) yay i like this one more now :)
    Oops, my bad, that only applies to the demo version of the game. It's in the "How to Play" section of the site and I misread it. *sigh of relief*

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Spent most of today not making wishes in order to win those silly games.
    Did that Pelipper several times.
    "Did" that ice cream one enough to know I hate it loads.
    Won at that hide & seek.
    No Wailord today *sad*

DW females thus far: 2
    - bellsprout - poochyena

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    For anyone having trouble with the "find a Pokemon" game:

The berry that is lost is NEVER more than 2 screens away from the lost Pokemon.

The berry's sparkles in the middle of the screen appear a LOT faster than the shaking areas for Pokemon.

Look for the berry first, then check the areas 1 and 2 screens away. You'll find the Pokemon faster.

EDIT: For those wondering about the 10 slots on the friend board, they are for events. Things like the Eeveelutions, the starters in Japanese, the Croagunk and Arceus they gave out, etc. Those will be on your friend board, but they do NOT count as your 1 transfer per day.

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • After a lot of issues, I finally got into the Dream World yesterday. I'm only playing in demo mode right now, but I've already met a female Stantler and planted a few berries. This seems pretty okay. I don't think the hour time limit of play is bad right now, considering you have to wait 24 between wishes, anyway. My only frustration is that some of the berries don't grow on a cycle that makes use of a 24-limit; I have a Figy berry planted right now that should be able to be harvested later today...when I won't be able to access it. Kinda frustrating, but they'll just regrow like in past games, right?

Oh, isn't there some way to get more berries plots? I only have two right now, but I could've sworn I saw four in some promo pictures I saw...

EDIT: Got a male Poochyena that knew Poison Fang today. Had to choose between him and a female Cloud-Nine Lickitung. Thought he might be cool for some move breeding, if all else fails.

Last edited:

pondjohn

Ace in training
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    why is it that i've only seen one female pokemon in the dreamworld? :( i want to breed their dreamworld abilities but they need to be girls to do that and i've only found one female bellsprout

I love Dream World too, but there are way too any restictions.

-No more island of Dreams after 50 Pokemon on Dream Board.

I hope they expand the possibilities in the future. Dream World as it is right now is not perfect.
    there is a limit currently for the us and places that the dreamworld has recently become available to but in japan they have removed this limit, so in the future there is no doubt they will remove it here as well

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    It been over 24 hours for my dream world to recharge. I checked pokemon gl website. it mentioned that I'm ready. So I turn game sync on and it said game sync has run out of energy. It will take one day to recharge it.

Huh? another 24 hours or what?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I have a female lickingtung with cloud nine and bred it with a Ditto.
    It's ability was Oblivious, what happened to the DW Ability?
    Can someone help?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have a female lickingtung with cloud nine and bred it with a Ditto.
    It's ability was Oblivious, what happened to the DW Ability?
    Can someone help?

Bulbapedia said:
    From Generation V, female Pokémon with Hidden Abilities have a 40% chance of passing on the Hidden Ability to their offspring.

So...there you go. Source here

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
  • Is anyone else having the problem that the Global Link keeps forgetting your login info? Everytime I refresh it asks me to log in again. Is this on purpose, or is it a bug with PGL or my browser?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back