• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2020
    So I've been playing this and its super good! I have a request though, in the dropbox link theres an .xhtml file that has all the new wild encounters, is there a way you could post it as a different filetype, because for some reason i cant view the .xhtml file on my mac

Years
    So I've been playing this and its super good! I have a request though, in the dropbox link theres an .xhtml file that has all the new wild encounters, is there a way you could post it as a different filetype, because for some reason i cant view the .xhtml file on my mac
    Just added a PDF and xlsx file (the latter should be openable in Libreoffice and Openoffice), the reason I originally went with the xhtml format was so you could scroll through the entire list easily, rather than doing it in a page-by-page manner like with a PDF, but the option is there now

Im having The same problem..
    Did you use the patch on a clean ROM?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I can't seem to get the Gen6 XP to work with the latest version. I even tried just the main patch and the XP patch, no others. I would be very grateful if you could check if it's on my end or not, since I am really starting to doubt myself.

Years
    I can't seem to get the Gen6 XP to work with the latest version. I even tried just the main patch and the XP patch, no others. I would be very grateful if you could check if it's on my end or not, since I am really starting to doubt myself.

You need the exp share in your bag and not held by a pokemon for it to work

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    I have no issues, the ROM is super smooth and just as good as advertised. Great job on it!

I found 2 capitalization mistakes in v7.38:
    On the abandoned ship there's a sailor who says "SailorS" in the room where the locked door is.
    Lastly, the "GO NEAR" command is fully capitalized in the Safari Zone.

I do have one suggestion, though. From what I understand given the changes made, the goal of this hackrom is to make it possible to enjoy the benefits of having access to all gen 3 games in a single ROM, and to remove unnecessary tedium to the game. With reusable TMs and Move Tutors on top of the other conveniences that exist to quickly breed and train new mons, I'm afraid the battle frontier tutors stick out like a sore thumb in terms of incovenience. The ease with which you can create a pokemon is hugely faster in this ROM unless that mon wants to learn one or more of the frontier Tutor moves. Getting the BP is literally half of the total time required to raise that mon in some cases.

I think by lowering the BP prices from 16, 24 and 48 BP to 2, 3 and 6 BP, those moves still require some extra effort to obtain, but they are not such a massive grind. Particularly with the physical/special split making the elemental punches so uniquely good for many many pokemon.

Years
    I have no issues, the ROM is super smooth and just as good as advertised. Great job on it!

I found 2 capitalization mistakes in v7.38:
    On the abandoned ship there's a sailor who says "SailorS" in the room where the locked door is.
    Lastly, the "GO NEAR" command is fully capitalized in the Safari Zone.

I do have one suggestion, though. From what I understand given the changes made, the goal of this hackrom is to make it possible to enjoy the benefits of having access to all gen 3 games in a single ROM, and to remove unnecessary tedium to the game. With reusable TMs and Move Tutors on top of the other conveniences that exist to quickly breed and train new mons, I'm afraid the battle frontier tutors stick out like a sore thumb in terms of incovenience. The ease with which you can create a pokemon is hugely faster in this ROM unless that mon wants to learn one or more of the frontier Tutor moves. Getting the BP is literally half of the total time required to raise that mon in some cases.

I think by lowering the BP prices from 16, 24 and 48 BP to 2, 3 and 6 BP, those moves still require some extra effort to obtain, but they are not such a massive grind. Particularly with the physical/special split making the elemental punches so uniquely good for many many pokemon.

Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying it.
    I agree with you on the Frontier tutors, I've been meaning to look into charging money rather than BP for their services (seriously who would charge in what's effectively dave and buster tickets)

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    I really am enjoying it. It is pretty close to a perfect product in terms of what a convenience ROM for this game should be IMO.

I think charging BP is fine, there comes a point when all they're good for anymore is to buy some vitamins, which aren't exactly the most useful thing since the EV training is so easy. Move Tutors would be a fine thing to spend excess BP on. It's just the prices are ludicrous relative to the pace this ROM has everywhere else. Item BP prices are fine though, since you only really need to get them once each. In terms of how it makes sense: they're secretly Scott's employees. You think you're done with his theme park and just want to fight other trainers, but then you really want a swampert with ice punch and rock slide. So you tell yourself: "just this one run of Battle Pyke, and I'll have all the BP I need". And next thing you know, you've spent the last month setting a new record at the Pyramid and Scott's pockets fill up with TV specials, merch with your face on it, and whatever money he gets from people betting whether you'll survive the next round xD.

Oh, there's something else. The gen VI XP share is quite annoying, requiring 6 A presses for a full team with a pause before each A press every time you defeat or catch a mon. Don't get me wrong, it's way faster than turning it off or switch training, but the amount and the awkwardness of the mashing feels kind of bad, particularly for your thumbs after an extended play session. I'm assuming there's not much you can do about that without a major change to it, but there is something else I hope you can change easily: double battle XP gets halved for everyone in the party. That means if I get 2 trainers to fight me at once, I'm cutting in half the XP I get from each of them. Maybe that's balanced, but it just feels bad. Please do try to change this.

Lastly, and I only thought of this because i randomly got it myself during my playthrough, I think you should consider adding an NPC that gives your mons pokérus. Not that I need it any more :P.

PS: I just encountered a glitch, not sure if it's known. The guy who gives Return/Frustration won't talk to me. Maybe it has to do with it being a weekly event?

Years
    I really am enjoying it. It is pretty close to a perfect product in terms of what a convenience ROM for this game should be IMO.

I think charging BP is fine, there comes a point when all they're good for anymore is to buy some vitamins, which aren't exactly the most useful thing since the EV training is so easy. Move Tutors would be a fine thing to spend excess BP on. It's just the prices are ludicrous relative to the pace this ROM has everywhere else. Item BP prices are fine though, since you only really need to get them once each. In terms of how it makes sense: they're secretly Scott's employees. You think you're done with his theme park and just want to fight other trainers, but then you really want a swampert with ice punch and rock slide. So you tell yourself: "just this one run of Battle Pyke, and I'll have all the BP I need". And next thing you know, you've spent the last month setting a new record at the Pyramid and Scott's pockets fill up with TV specials, merch with your face on it, and whatever money he gets from people betting whether you'll survive the next round xD.

Oh, there's something else. The gen VI XP share is quite annoying, requiring 6 A presses for a full team with a pause before each A press every time you defeat or catch a mon. Don't get me wrong, it's way faster than turning it off or switch training, but the amount and the awkwardness of the mashing feels kind of bad, particularly for your thumbs after an extended play session. I'm assuming there's not much you can do about that without a major change to it, but there is something else I hope you can change easily: double battle XP gets halved for everyone in the party. That means if I get 2 trainers to fight me at once, I'm cutting in half the XP I get from each of them. Maybe that's balanced, but it just feels bad. Please do try to change this.

Lastly, and I only thought of this because i randomly got it myself during my playthrough, I think you should consider adding an NPC that gives your mons pokérus. Not that I need it any more :P.

PS: I just encountered a glitch, not sure if it's known. The guy who gives Return/Frustration won't talk to me. Maybe it has to do with it being a weekly event?

Yeah tbh with the exp share I always have the speed up and autofire A button on for that lol it's a bit much without them.
    I don't want to include pokerus for the same reason I don't want to look into making pokemon shiny, the only value is their rarity, and besides it only takes 10 minutes to completely EV train a pokemon in the training cave already so it isn't like it's necessary.
    I know about that NPC that gives Return and Frustration, will be fixing him in the next version!

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2020
    Do you have any plans to implement updated sprites (for example gen 4)?
    I would really like to add that to my current playthrough. If it is possible, having it as an optional patch would be great.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    I'm really enjoying the new update to EXP so it shares through your whole party. Makes it much easier to train up Pokemon to complete the Dex and for the Frontier.

One thing I was wondering, now that you have the new EXP system, is if you could have some different form of reducing EVs given that all Pokemon in your party gain EVs from every battle. It could be something like berries which decrease up to 100 EVs regardless of how many EVs. I.e. if a Pokemon has 90 EVs in a stat, it decreases all 90 EVs, as opposed to the current berry system where each berry will only reduce EVs by 10 points once the EV stat is under 100.

It means that you can use Pokemon throughout the game without having to worry about their EVs, and then can set them in an easy manner once you get to the Frontier. It also means that you can easily change the EVs of a Pokemon for use in the Frontier if you decide to change its moveset.

On top of that, would it be possible to have an option to up a Pokemon's level to 100 in the Frontier (alongside the current option of 50)?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2020
    Hi there, I am really enjoying the game. I was just wondering if I am the only one experiencing a bug when doing the Trick House quest. I cannot progress into the third puzzle. When I tried to enter behind the scroll, my sprite turn invisible and it did not transport me to the third puzzle area. I can still get out of the house and return normal though. Anyway, it is a really good Emerald rom hack. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    Hey I have been using this hack for a while now and I have really enjoyed it! But I have played through the game at least 3 times, and I always get stuck to events either not working or, perhaps I just don't know how to progress. perhaps I am doing theses events out of order causing glitch's, or I am meant to work around it. But a big signifier that my progress will be halted comes at mount chimney where the team magma grunts are missing, and Archie is fighting thin air, with no one to be found I cant progress the event. This glitch(?) has occurred on every playthrough I have attempted. If these events (mainly the original story events with the villain teams) are incomplete is their a way around them to progress, If these events are complete and it is user error is there a specific guide I can follow in order to play through the entire game. I RELLY like this game, and I want to complete it, but I'm not sure If its possible. thank you and I hope someone can help me out.

Years
    Do you have any plans to implement updated sprites (for example gen 4)?
    I would really like to add that to my current playthrough. If it is possible, having it as an optional patch would be great.

Thanks!
    Haven't looked into it but it's something I can try to include :)

I'm really enjoying the new update to EXP so it shares through your whole party. Makes it much easier to train up Pokemon to complete the Dex and for the Frontier.

One thing I was wondering, now that you have the new EXP system, is if you could have some different form of reducing EVs given that all Pokemon in your party gain EVs from every battle. It could be something like berries which decrease up to 100 EVs regardless of how many EVs. I.e. if a Pokemon has 90 EVs in a stat, it decreases all 90 EVs, as opposed to the current berry system where each berry will only reduce EVs by 10 points once the EV stat is under 100.

It means that you can use Pokemon throughout the game without having to worry about their EVs, and then can set them in an easy manner once you get to the Frontier. It also means that you can easily change the EVs of a Pokemon for use in the Frontier if you decide to change its moveset.

On top of that, would it be possible to have an option to up a Pokemon's level to 100 in the Frontier (alongside the current option of 50)?
    I don't know how I would implement other ways to reduce EVs to be honest, nor how I would change the amount per berry.
    I have already addressed a level 100 option, I will try to include it in the next update.

Hi there, I am really enjoying the game. I was just wondering if I am the only one experiencing a bug when doing the Trick House quest. I cannot progress into the third puzzle. When I tried to enter behind the scroll, my sprite turn invisible and it did not transport me to the third puzzle area. I can still get out of the house and return normal though. Anyway, it is a really good Emerald rom hack. Thank you.

Hey I have been using this hack for a while now and I have really enjoyed it! But I have played through the game at least 3 times, and I always get stuck to events either not working or, perhaps I just don't know how to progress. perhaps I am doing theses events out of order causing glitch's, or I am meant to work around it. But a big signifier that my progress will be halted comes at mount chimney where the team magma grunts are missing, and Archie is fighting thin air, with no one to be found I cant progress the event. This glitch(?) has occurred on every playthrough I have attempted. If these events (mainly the original story events with the villain teams) are incomplete is their a way around them to progress, If these events are complete and it is user error is there a specific guide I can follow in order to play through the entire game. I RELLY like this game, and I want to complete it, but I'm not sure If its possible. thank you and I hope someone can help me out.

I have not heard of these bugs before nor have I encountered them myself...

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    In that case its probably user error on my end by triggering a event before I am supposed to. is their a specific sequence of events, or a walkthrough guide I could read/watch to ensure I didn't skip anything by accident?

Years
    In that case its probably user error on my end by triggering a event before I am supposed to. is their a specific sequence of events, or a walkthrough guide I could read/watch to ensure I didn't skip anything by accident?

I mean it's vanilla Emerald story wise...

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    A lvl 100 option would be welcome, I'm glad to see it's potentially planned. And I beat the entire game with the most recent version of the patch and encountered none of these glitches, if that helps. I think they are likely the result of patching a ROM that wasn't clean, with a different and incompatible patch already in place.

I have both a question and a suggestion this time around. The question: are there many 1% encounters in the game? The kanto starters clearly are, at the very least. Vanilla emerald doesn't have a single 1% encounter that cannot be obtained otherwise (seedot as a trade for a 4% ralts, kecleon with the scope, volbeat through breeding, and the rest through evolution). Even the infamous Chimecho is a 2% chance to capture. I get that in order to add extra mons there aren't that many slots, but it's just not fun. I hope 1% is only a thing for very few cases, like the 9 starters and maybe 2-3 more at most.

The suggestion is about the IV perfector. He gives you the choice to keep your speed IVs, but emerald doesn't have trick room so it is a very niche scenario in which you want your speed to remain low. Hidden Power options would be fantastic, but that sounds cumbersome. The most elegant solution I can think of would be to have 6 NPC or items that each give you the chance to change your IV in one stat, and they give the choice between 30 and 31. However, even if you want to keep it simpler, 0 attack IV is far more commonly desired than 0 speed IV in this gen thanks to confusion scaling with your own attack stat. If you want to keep just one alternative to full 31s I recommend 0 attack.

Years
    A lvl 100 option would be welcome, I'm glad to see it's potentially planned. And I beat the entire game with the most recent version of the patch and encountered none of these glitches, if that helps. I think they are likely the result of patching a ROM that wasn't clean, with a different and incompatible patch already in place.

I have both a question and a suggestion this time around. The question: are there many 1% encounters in the game? The kanto starters clearly are, at the very least. Vanilla emerald doesn't have a single 1% encounter that cannot be obtained otherwise (seedot as a trade for a 4% ralts, kecleon with the scope, volbeat through breeding, and the rest through evolution). Even the infamous Chimecho is a 2% chance to capture. I get that in order to add extra mons there aren't that many slots, but it's just not fun. I hope 1% is only a thing for very few cases, like the 9 starters and maybe 2-3 more at most.

The suggestion is about the IV perfector. He gives you the choice to keep your speed IVs, but emerald doesn't have trick room so it is a very niche scenario in which you want your speed to remain low. Hidden Power options would be fantastic, but that sounds cumbersome. The most elegant solution I can think of would be to have 6 NPC or items that each give you the chance to change your IV in one stat, and they give the choice between 30 and 31. However, even if you want to keep it simpler, 0 attack IV is far more commonly desired than 0 speed IV in this gen thanks to confusion scaling with your own attack stat. If you want to keep just one alternative to full 31s I recommend 0 attack.

I have had a few negative opinions of the 1% encounter rates, when I can get around to static legendary encounters I plan to rework the wilds for that reason

I've been thinking of changing the IV perfector to one NPC for each stat like you suggest, just move the fossil NPC to the table and use the six desks there, one for each stat (those NPCs are all just fluff dialogue anyway).

Back