• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    I already addressed text problem here. https://www.mediafire.com/file/tf06wep7qftcuyh/Pokemon_Emerald_Final_%28Text_Fixing%29.rar/file
    I got some ideas and suggestions.
    * Pokemon Box expansion (from 420 to 560, 700, 840, etc.)
    * Trading evolution items work when leveling up or simply work just like evolution stones.
    * Available cross-evolutions Pokemon, as well as regional forms (Alolan and Galarian).
    * All available Deoxys Formes in the game and a way to change its form.
    * Pokemon Movesets and Egg Moves update from future games with moves from Gen !, II, & III.
    * TM expansion with moves from Gen I, II, & III just like in Pokemon Sword and Shield. Here's the list.
    Spoiler:

* Tutor Move expansion with moves from Gen I, II, & III just like in Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Here's the list.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    I love the idea of expanded Pokemon Boxes, definite +1 to that.

And I have found another thing that may be a neat update in the future: berry blending improvements. Without access to 4 player blending, you rely on luck with the NPC berries and accuracy for the minigame. It's not important, but it'd be nice to be able to circumvent that. Personally, I wouldn't be sad if the minigame was replaced altogether with OR/AS style berry blending mechanics.

I look forward to any future updates to the ROM :).

Years
    I already addressed text problem here. https://www.mediafire.com/file/tf06wep7qftcuyh/Pokemon_Emerald_Final_%28Text_Fixing%29.rar/file
    I got some ideas and suggestions.
    * Pokemon Box expansion (from 420 to 560, 700, 840, etc.)
    * Trading evolution items work when leveling up or simply work just like evolution stones.
    * Available cross-evolutions Pokemon, as well as regional forms (Alolan and Galarian).
    * All available Deoxys Formes in the game and a way to change its form.
    * Pokemon Movesets and Egg Moves update from future games with moves from Gen !, II, & III.
    * TM expansion with moves from Gen I, II, & III just like in Pokemon Sword and Shield. Here's the list.
    Spoiler:

* Tutor Move expansion with moves from Gen I, II, & III just like in Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Here's the list.
    Spoiler:

Most of that is currently beyond my skill level unfortunately, but if I can find guides on how...

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    Another minor change that I think would be welcome: give steven a yes/no prompt for the rematch. The vanilla game doesn't have a rematch, so players may talk to him expecting a reward or new dialogue and end up whiting out due to their weakened team.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2020
    Hi,
    I just have a few questions/suggestions.

1. Where is the NPC that sets your Pokemon's level to 50 at the Battle Frontier?
    2. Is it possible to add an option to fly without the hm?
    3. (suggestion) increase bag space
    4. Maybe proper rematches with the E4/Champion

Years
    Hi,
    I just have a few questions/suggestions.

1. Where is the NPC that sets your Pokemon's level to 50 at the Battle Frontier?
    2. Is it possible to add an option to fly without the hm?
    3. (suggestion) increase bag space
    4. Maybe proper rematches with the E4/Champion

1. In the building where you exchange BP for items
    2. Looking into it, not having much luck with it yet
    3. Not sure if I can do that because I've looked around and come up empty before
    4. Proper? Like increased levels/stronger teams kind of thing?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    So I found a doc on the interwebs that states Squirtle is found in the ice room of Shoal Cave. Is this still current and correct? I've been searching for what seems like forever, and have not come across a single one.

Years
    So I found a doc on the interwebs that states Squirtle is found in the ice room of Shoal Cave. Is this still current and correct? I've been searching for what seems like forever, and have not come across a single one.

Yes, just a low encounter chance, I'm planning on reworking the low chance pokemon soon

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2020
    Hey, the first thing I want to say I love this ROM hack. I believe it's one of the best ones out there. That's why I was wondering if there were anyway I can change the difficulty by adding a different patch. I don't know how to and I made an account to ask for your, hope you answer, thanks!.

Years
    Hey, the first thing I want to say I love this ROM hack. I believe it's one of the best ones out there. That's why I was wondering if there were anyway I can change the difficulty by adding a different patch. I don't know how to and I made an account to ask for your, hope you answer, thanks!.

Actually one of the things I have been working on is a series of adjustable difficulty patches, so far I have a set to remove all item use from enemy trainers or to have them all have full restores (though that's just annoyance to a purely masochistic point lol), I think I can remove the ability to use items in battle from the player too, changing the AI level of enemy trainers, increasing levels... That's what I got so far, suggestions welcome!

But if you have a particular patch in mind already, that can be a little tricky, and I can't really say definitively unless I know what the patch changes.

I'm glad you like it! I never thought so many people would want an enhanced vanilla like this lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2020
    Thank you for the fast reply! The patch in mind is called Emerald hard edition by blue. I tried playing it but I don't know if it worked or not. It gives access to all 386 pokemon and changes evolutions from trade, i wouldn't know if this would affect. Also, sorry if I'm bothering you with these questions, but is there any way to move a save from one rom to another? I made a rom with fair progress and I decided to change it to hard difficulty but it reset when I added the hard edition patch. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to respond, it means a lot.

Years
    Thank you for the fast reply! The patch in mind is called Emerald hard edition by blue. I tried playing it but I don't know if it worked or not. It gives access to all 386 pokemon and changes evolutions from trade, i wouldn't know if this would affect. Also, sorry if I'm bothering you with these questions, but is there any way to move a save from one rom to another? I made a rom with fair progress and I decided to change it to hard difficulty but it reset when I added the hard edition patch. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to respond, it means a lot.

I mean you can try it, just do that patch first. As for moving saves? Depends on what you're using to play the game, if you're using VBA or another PC emulator then just rename the .sav file to have the same name as the ROM you want to use.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2020
    Another question, what if two roms have similar add-ons. For example, they both include 386 pokemon. Would this alter the spawn chance and the place they spawn?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Hello! I have a quick question:

In the Readme, it lists Zapdos and Raikou as obtainable in Artisan Cave as well as New Mauville Generator, but in the Wild Encounters file it only lists them in Artisan Cave. Are these their (planned) static encounter areas? I only bring these two up because I got to New Mauville and wanted to check if they were there.

Years
    Hello! I have a quick question:

In the Readme, it lists Zapdos and Raikou as obtainable in Artisan Cave as well as New Mauville Generator, but in the Wild Encounters file it only lists them in Artisan Cave. Are these their (planned) static encounter areas? I only bring these two up because I got to New Mauville and wanted to check if they were there.

I had tried to put them in New Mauville at one point but it caused game breaking bugs so I removed them, must have forgotten to edit them in the README, my bad on that.

My current plan for the static encounters are to have them only appear after beating the Elite Four (or after 8 badges, not sure) with locations being:
    Suicune - Route 134 NW island (this island is otherwise empty so it seemed a good option)
    Raikou - Route 119 above first waterfall by leaf stone
    Entei - Firey Path (behind Strength rocks)

Articuno - Shoal Cave Ice Room
    Zapdos - New Mauville
    Moltres - Scorched Slab

Mewtwo - Cave of Origin (it's a useless area after the story so why not, it's similar enough to Cerulean Cave)
    Celebi - Mirage Island (was thinking of putting Jirachi here but Celebi wouldn't fit in anywhere else imo)
    Jirachi - Artisan Cave (don't want to crowd any area with multiple legendaries and I couldn't think of anywhere else)

Feedback/suggestions on those locations are appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    I had a bit more of a think about easier ways to reduce EVs for training, and the other alternative is to make the berries more available. For example, you could make them cheaper or have some other way of providing easier access to them, as opposed to the slow process of growing them. This is particularly useful if you decide to re-train a Pokemon in EVs.

On top of that, one thing which would be a massive help in training Pokemon for contests would be to make the Berry Master more available. He just appeared for the first time in my game the other day and made it easy for me to max out Feebas' beauty stat for evolution. Given most of the berry mixing NPCs aren't that great, I think this would improve that.

I like the ideas of where you're putting the Legendaries to spread them out more and changing low percentage encounters. One thing I was wondering on top of that, is if you will be changing up Pokemon locations to be more spread out generally and decrease repetition of Pokemon. For example, I always found in regular Emerald that it was a bit dull that basically all the sea Pokemon which appear without fishing are the Tentacool line and Wingull line. I feel it'd be a bit more interesting to spread water Pokemon out more as opposed to have the majority of them as Pokemon you fish for. On top of that, instead of having all of the pseudo-legends in pretty much the same place it could make more sense to spread them out to places which suit the Pokemon more. For example, having the Lavitar in the desert.

Finally, would you ever consider doing mapping to add more areas to the game or do you intend to leave it as is? One hack I really love which did this is Altered Emerald, which re-worked a lot of the less eventful routes (such as Route 123) to give them a bit more character and added some new routes to add some variety to the game and fill in blank spots on the map. I understand if this falls outside the vanilla rom hack though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Thanks for the response! I was thinking about how I would implement Static Battles myself, and as I thought about it, it got progressively more complex, so... wish you all the luck!

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I had tried to put them in New Mauville at one point but it caused game breaking bugs so I removed them, must have forgotten to edit them in the README, my bad on that.

My current plan for the static encounters are to have them only appear after beating the Elite Four (or after 8 badges, not sure) with locations being:
    Suicune - Route 134 NW island (this island is otherwise empty so it seemed a good option)
    Raikou - Route 119 above first waterfall by leaf stone
    Entei - Firey Path (behind Strength rocks)

Articuno - Shoal Cave Ice Room
    Zapdos - New Mauville
    Moltres - Scorched Slab

Mewtwo - Cave of Origin (it's a useless area after the story so why not, it's similar enough to Cerulean Cave)
    Celebi - Mirage Island (was thinking of putting Jirachi here but Celebi wouldn't fit in anywhere else imo)
    Jirachi - Artisan Cave (don't want to crowd any area with multiple legendaries and I couldn't think of anywhere else)

Feedback/suggestions on those locations are appreciated!

Awesome, loved that!! waiting for this!! this hack rom is perfect!!

Back