• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Actually there are hacks out there that have Gen VI pokemon and beyond so it's not like this is something new tbh lol but there's this page that has the utility I'm going to use to expand the dex, no need to remove any pokemon.

Cool that sounds awesome 👍👌😎

And how about adding newer Gen moves, abilities and Hidden abilities? How does that work? I'm asking because that famous Fire Red hack that's way to NSFW also did that, even adding in the Fairy type as well as a few of their own custom ???-Type moves. As I said I have no knowledge of the hows save for applying .ips patches.

Years
    Cool that sounds awesome ??????????????????

And how about adding newer Gen moves, abilities and Hidden abilities? How does that work? I'm asking because that famous Fire Red hack that's way to NSFW also did that, even adding in the Fairy type as well as a few of their own custom ???-Type moves. As I said I have no knowledge of the hows save for applying .ips patches.

Most of that can be done with this and I'm planning on only including the moves and maybe an ability or two

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    How about visual upgrades? Aren't you interested in a few of those? To be honest there are only two things I like visually changed in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green...

1. Dustox's back sprite. There isn't anything bad looking about it mind you, it's just the back sprite is placed too low on screen. You can't see its entire back sprite because of this. Unlike Beautifly whose back sprite is completely visible.

2. The Gen III battle backgrounds. The default battle background is just too plain ugly. I kinda like the Gen IV styled backgrounds Liquid Crystal and Crystal Dust uses.

Years
    How about visual upgrades? Aren't you interested in a few of those? To be honest there are only two things I like visually changed in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green...

1. Dustox's back sprite. There isn't anything bad looking about it mind you, it's just the back sprite is placed too low on screen. You can't see its entire back sprite because of this. Unlike Beautifly whose back sprite is completely visible.

2. The Gen III battle backgrounds. The default battle background is just too plain ugly. I kinda like the Gen IV styled backgrounds Liquid Crystal and Crystal Dust uses.

Nah I don't want to do any visual upgrades, I want Final to still have a vanilla-like feel

uZ1

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Actually there are hacks out there that have Gen VI pokemon and beyond so it's not like this is something new tbh lol but there's this page that has the utility I'm going to use to expand the dex, no need to remove any pokemon.
    Then I hope u will make two versions of this hack, one with expanded dex and one with only vannilla gen 1-3 mons. Or an optional patch.
    Your hack is unique because it has alot expanding features but at the same time not too much of the newer games. It would be better to seperate the hack as mentioned with and extra optional patch, to expand the dex.

Years
    Then I hope u will make two versions of this hack, one with expanded dex and one with only vannilla gen 1-3 mons. Or an optional patch.
    Your hack is unique because it has alot expanding features but at the same time not too much of the newer games. It would be better to seperate the hack as mentioned with and extra optional patch, to expand the dex.

Actually I explained in this post that I'm going to be maintaining three versions with the next update, a 'legacy' version that will be compatible with the saves from older versions, and the new version both with and without the 4th gen evos. I want Emerald Final to be a way to re experience the original game just with a bit of polish and everyone's standards for what makes too big of a change are naturally going to be different. That's why I make such an effort to keep everything as customizable as possible. 4th gen evos are the 'newest' I'm going to go with it.

I'm glad you like it, thank you!

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2020
    Quick question, if I'm planning out movesets and breeding moves for a pokemon, does this hack use gen IV stats or gen III stats with phys/spec split?

I stopped playing pokemon for a while, but your hack is my favorite way to play it (and on android no less!) so I'm excited to get back into it.

Years
    Quick question, if I'm planning out movesets and breeding moves for a pokemon, does this hack use gen IV stats or gen III stats with phys/spec split?

I stopped playing pokemon for a while, but your hack is my favorite way to play it (and on android no less!) so I'm excited to get back into it.

This hack uses gen 3 stats with the physical/special split. There are optional patches that will update the PP/Power/Accuracy of the moves to gen 5 or 6,plus another to disable the PSS. The reason why I included that last is because the Battle Frontier and certain pokemon like Houndoom are originally designed under the old rules where all Dark moves are special so it unbalances things a tad.
    For planning out move sets make sure that you check the PDF "Changes to Movesets" in the README folder. Mostly it's just making sure that the pokemon can learn moves from previous evolutions and from FR/LG, pokemon like Masquerain if evolved at its earliest level losses access to Bubblebeam permanently, but my changes have fixed that. So even though not evolving a pokemon can get you some moves earlier, you won't have to worry about missing out on them entirely.

Also in the next version I'm going to have added some of the gen 4 moves and maybe tinker around with some movesets like giving Flareon the physical fire move Flame Wheel since its attack is its best stat. That way at least it'll be viable to use the pokemon that got forgotten by the PSS.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Since you'll be tinkering with moves again, could you maybe Give "Leech Life" its modern 80 Power?

Also regarding the Gen IV Evos, I'm guessing you'll just be adding Gen IV evos for Gen 1 to 3 mons that received Gen IV evos am I correct? If so that would be a great addition indeed, especially if you could also add Regigigas to complete the current quartet... Until the release of Regieleki and Regidrago on Gen VIII in the coming months

Years
    Since you'll be tinkering with moves again, could you maybe Give "Leech Life" its modern 80 Power?

Also regarding the Gen IV Evos, I'm guessing you'll just be adding Gen IV evos for Gen 1 to 3 mons that received Gen IV evos am I correct? If so that would be a great addition indeed, especially if you could also add Regigigas to complete the current quartet... Until the release of Regieleki and Regidrago on Gen VIII in the coming months

If I were to update Leech Life I'd want to go through and update the rest to the gen 7 stats and make that it's own option, and only two others (technically three if you count Let's Go) would change so on one hand it would be an easy change but on the other it won't make a huge difference. Since I'm adding in some gen 4 moves there will be some more Bug type offensive options available but I'll keep it in mind. Also, I was more referring to the available moves rather than their stats when I said that I was going to tinker around with them.

As for new pokemon, when I say Gen IV Evos I am strictly referring to pokemon who's evolution was only introduced in the fourth generation, not single form or legendary pokemon from fourth gen. I don't want to add any new legendaries, even Regigigas, at this time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2020
    This hack uses gen 3 stats with the physical/special split. There are optional patches that will update the PP/Power/Accuracy of the moves to gen 5 or 6,plus another to disable the PSS. The reason why I included that last is because the Battle Frontier and certain pokemon like Houndoom are originally designed under the old rules where all Dark moves are special so it unbalances things a tad.
    For planning out move sets make sure that you check the PDF "Changes to Movesets" in the README folder. Mostly it's just making sure that the pokemon can learn moves from previous evolutions and from FR/LG, pokemon like Masquerain if evolved at its earliest level losses access to Bubblebeam permanently, but my changes have fixed that. So even though not evolving a pokemon can get you some moves earlier, you won't have to worry about missing out on them entirely.

Also in the next version I'm going to have added some of the gen 4 moves and maybe tinker around with some movesets like giving Flareon the physical fire move Flame Wheel since its attack is its best stat. That way at least it'll be viable to use the pokemon that got forgotten by the PSS.

Why not just completely change the movesets to gen iv's so the game is more balanced? Or at least give it as an option? As of now, changing the stats of moves to gen v still leaves the game unbalanced because the movesets in gen iii weren't meant for pss.

If you're going through the trouble of changing some movesets next update, I feel moving the hack closer to gen iv in terms of movesets and stats is a good idea.

Years
    Why not just completely change the movesets to gen iv's so the game is more balanced? Or at least give it as an option? As of now, changing the stats of moves to gen v still leaves the game unbalanced because the movesets in gen iii weren't meant for pss.

If you're going through the trouble of changing some movesets next update, I feel moving the hack closer to gen iv in terms of movesets and stats is a good idea.

That's what I meant, but I said some because adding Roar of Time is a waste of time since it's a Dialga exclusive move, stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    Hi I would like to ask one thing, did you have an P/S/S split patch for emerald? Only the patch, no other changes like the enchancments you made on your hack, because Im trying to do a monotype nuzzlock challenge in emerald vanilla with ONLY P/S/S split, and trying to find one on internet is almost impossible, most of the hacks have other things such fairy types and new mechanics, while the patches I found online are outdated and cant be downloaded anymore, if you have something like that I would be EXTREME thankful.

Years
    Hi I would like to ask one thing, did you have an P/S/S split patch for emerald? Only the patch, no other changes like the enchancments you made on your hack, because Im trying to do a monotype nuzzlock challenge in emerald vanilla with ONLY P/S/S split, and trying to find one on internet is almost impossible, most of the hacks have other things such fairy types and new mechanics, while the patches I found online are outdated and cant be downloaded anymore, if you have something like that I would be EXTREME thankful.

Yes actually, the optional patches included with Emerald Final are meant to be applied to vanilla ROMs as well. That's why there are both patches to add and remove each optional feature!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2021
    I just recovered my very old account on here just to say thank you.
    I've completely stopped playing Pokémon after playing Pokémon [REDACTED], the most perfect and bestest game ever btw. That romhack was just sooooo good, that everything else seems bad. Even my favorite game, Emerald seems crappy, because of, well everything that you fixed with your patches. I can finally play my favorite Pokémon game without thinking about, how bad it is in comparison to other hacks. Thank you. Really really thank you.

While on the topic of [REDACTED], that game has so many quality of life features it's amazing. Definitely play through it, first because it's awesome (expect some really dark humor tho) but also, because you could integrate some of their features in your hack? patch? Whatever. For example, when you give a mon a name, after typing the first letter it automatically switches to lower case. Or running in houses.

Also, I would like some love for shiny hunters maybe? Like an optional patch for a shiny charm after the E4 or something. Or an optional patch that drops it down to 1/4096. Maybe catch chaining? Fishing chains? Just spitballing, but really anything would be really great. ^^

Just some ideas for you. Would love some of them get integrated man. Keep up your amazing work

Last edited:
    Years
    I just recovered my very old account on here just to say thank you.
    I've completely stopped playing Pokémon after playing Pokémon Clover, the most perfect and bestest game ever btw. That romhack was just sooooo good, that everything else seems bad. Even my favorite game, Emerald seems crappy, because of, well everything that you fixed with your patches. I can finally play my favorite Pokémon game without thinking about, how bad it is in comparison to other hacks. Thank you. Really really thank you.

While on the topic of Clover, that game has so many quality of life features it's amazing. Definitely play through it, first because it's awesome (expect some really dark humor tho) but also, because you could integrate some of their features in your hack? patch? Whatever. For example, when you give a mon a name, after typing the first letter it automatically switches to lower case. Or running in houses.

Also, I would like some love for shiny hunters maybe? Like an optional patch for a shiny charm after the E4 or something. Or an optional patch that drops it down to 1/4096. Maybe catch chaining? Fishing chains? Just spitballing, but really anything would be really great. ^^

Just some ideas for you. Would love some of them get integrated man. Keep up your amazing work

I'm so glad you have rekindled your love for Pokemon Emerald and it's humbling to know that I helped facilitate that.

The nickname automatically going to lowercase I don't think I'll be looking into tbh. If I find an easy way to implement it I'll do so but it's not high priority. Running indoors is already a thing and I'm planning on making biking indoors a thing in the next update (should I ever find the time to actually sit down and work! 😅)

A shiny charm is also planned for the next update, and I think I'm going to have it be given to you by the Shards guy since he's got no purpose after making the evolution stones available for purchase.

Enough people have recommended that hack to me that I really should give it a go one of these days lol

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I sincerely appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    My two cents on - The ROM Hack that must not be named -, seriously Infernoswelt did you not know that that particulat ROM Hack was removed on here at PokeCommunity because it was deemed NSFW. PokeCommunity has changed man, it's now following the internet mandate that NSFW ROM Hacks are no longer allowed on here because kids, which is also why it's now hosted exclusively on its own web address. Yeah this new norm is kinda stupid but go figure and PokeCommunity needed to conform.

Anyway as I was saying, that hack did have a lot of QoL additions but I hated its forced difficulty addons as well. Namely forcing you to use only upto four items duting inportant battles like Gym battles and Evil team boss encounters. And not allowing you to keep items you steal on these important matches after you win. And the most agrevious of all, not allowing the use of Revives in battle. Oh and don't forget the Gym mons that have insane coverage on any and all mons strong to them, it's so annoying to not he able to take mons with obvious type advantage on a particular gym because the mons there have one OP move that is super effectivecand can one shot your mon forcing you to rely on mons with decent resistance instead. Take for exampke the water Gym, in order to get by you can't ever use a pure grass type as mons there have an ice move for a grass mon. As such you'll need to rely on a tanky mon that can survive and can use Grass or Electric move. And the Gym Leader herself, she has two beastly tabky Water Psychic mons who can eaaily wreck you. Not everyone finds shoving shards of glass and pouring Tabasco sauce in one's behind enjoyable you know. Just because you enjoy that it doesn't mean everyone elae does. Call me a casual if you want I don't care but keep your forced difficulty addons to yourselves, or at least make your ROM Hack modular like what Dearman4 has done with Emerald Final here. And to think I loved that hack's anti-cheat measure that they introduced in the May 31st 2017 version of their patch as it finally broke my newbie habit on relying on the "Hold R to kevel up" code back in the day, and taught me the actual pleasure of EV training.

Anyhow, that Shiny Tag idea is neat by the way and sounds better than the old "Shiny Tile" mechanic that LockSmithArmy introduced and used on Ultra Violet 👍

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2021
    My two cents on - The ROM Hack that must not be named -, seriously Infernoswelt did you not know that that particulat ROM Hack was removed on here at PokeCommunity because it was deemed NSFW. PokeCommunity has changed man, it's now following the internet mandate that NSFW ROM Hacks are no longer allowed on here because kids, which is also why it's now hosted exclusively on its own web address. Yeah this new norm is kinda stupid but go figure and PokeCommunity needed to conform.

Anyway as I was saying, that hack did have a lot of QoL additions but I hated its forced difficulty addons as well. Namely forcing you to use only upto four items duting inportant battles like Gym battles and Evil team boss encounters. And not allowing you to keep items you steal on these important matches after you win. And the most agrevious of all, not allowing the use of Revives in battle. Oh and don't forget the Gym mons that have insane coverage on any and all mons strong to them, it's so annoying to not he able to take mons with obvious type advantage on a particular gym because the mons there have one OP move that is super effectivecand can one shot your mon forcing you to rely on mons with decent resistance instead. Take for exampke the water Gym, in order to get by you can't ever use a pure grass type as mons there have an ice move for a grass mon. As such you'll need to rely on a tanky mon that can survive and can use Grass or Electric move. And the Gym Leader herself, she has two beastly tabky Water Psychic mons who can eaaily wreck you. Not everyone finds shoving shards of glass and pouring Tabasco sauce in one's behind enjoyable you know. Just because you enjoy that it doesn't mean everyone elae does. Call me a casual if you want I don't care but keep your forced difficulty addons to yourselves, or at least make your ROM Hack modular like what Dearman4 has done with Emerald Final here. And to think I loved that hack's anti-cheat measure that they introduced in the May 31st 2017 version of their patch as it finally broke my newbie habit on relying on the "Hold R to kevel up" code back in the day, and taught me the actual pleasure of EV training.

Anyhow, that Shiny Tag idea is neat by the way and sounds better than the old "Shiny Tile" mechanic that LockSmithArmy introduced and used on Ultra Violet 👍

I could see, how you could get frustrated, but when I played it, it was hard, but in the right way. You can get by pretty nicely and yes, you will fail sometimes, but I mean what do you expect? To OHKO every mon in the game?
    (Imo) the changes the to in battle items are pretty welcome, but I can kind of understand, that it may be better to have a toggle in the settings or maybe before a playthrough you get asked, if you want a hard or normal playthrough, but that would take ages to implement, and I'd rather have a challenge, than something I can do in my sleep. The measures taken, to make the game actually challenging, are (imo) very nicely implemented. The fact, that you, the player pretty much can win any battle by just having 99 revives and 99 full restores is just dumb, so removing that makes sense. Especially because your enemies also can't revive or use many items in battle making it a level playing field.
    Another thing, is that the game is pretty maneagable, just because pretty much every single Pokémon in the game is viable. Probably around 95% are very strong.
    I've been really active on their discord, when the hack came out, and literally everyone used different mons. There are of course some joke Pokémon that are just garbage, but what do you expect from a 4chan game.
    Another thing is how I really don't like, that in the normal games it's literally just a game of rock, paper, scissors over and over and over again.
    "Oh a fire Pokémon. Time for my water pokemon. An Electric Pokémon? Time for my Ground Pokémon." It's just way more competitive, it's still kind of rock paper scissors, with how you can counter sweepers with a tank for example, but counterplay like that is way deeper and for me at least much more fun.
    Also, counter play, like with water types for example having Ice Beam just breaks this almost brain dead "strategy" of picking the super effective type. Some may enjoy it, but the romhack is supposed to be harder than your typical Pokémon game. And with its darker humor, it's obviously targeting an older audience, that can think further than "fire beats grass", and "water beats fire" so having to use strategy has to be expected.

All in all, you can think of the hack what you want. If you don't like some changes, than that's just how it is.

Just one more thing, I would love to see HMs getting buffed, like in the romhack we've been talking about. For example, Strenght being rock type or Cut being bug. Flash being Electric and doing some damage etc.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I did like the changes that hack did with HMs, except said changes aren't canon. Sure making Cut Steel type makes sense. And making Flash Electric kinda makes sense, giving it 20 Base damage was great too making Flash more useful, but those things are not maingame canon changes.

I absolutely love Dearman4's approach with the HM system giving us literal tools our character can use in game to do stuff like beaaking rocks with a hammer and using an inflatable raft instead of relying on SURF, you know things one normally can do in real life.

We really shouldn't hijack this thread to discuss another ROM Hack, one in particular that was removed on here. But I have got to say the real thing that hack interested me were its Fakemon and Darker humor. I could care less for the imposed difficulty. I do enjoy completing the Pokedex though which is why here on Emerald Final I've already clocked in 200 hours but have yet to stop Groudon and Kyogre's fight at Sootopolis City. I'm still leveling every mon I've caught and evolved so they're all at the same level (level 45) before I continue the story.

Last edited:
    Years
    I did like the changes that hack did with HMs, except said changes aren't canon. Sure making Cut Steel type makes sense. And making Flash Electric kinda makes sense, giving it 20 Base damage was great too making Flash more useful, but those things are not maingame canon changes.

I absolutely love Dearman4's approach with the HM system giving us literal tools our character can use in game to do stuff like beaaking rocks with a hammer and using an inflatable raft instead of relying on SURF, you know things one normally can do in real life.

We really shouldn't hijack this thread to discuss another ROM Hack, one in particular that was removed on here. But I have got to say the real thing that hack interested me were its Fakemon and Darker humor. I could care less for the imposed difficulty. I do enjoy completing the Pokedex though which is why here on Emerald Final I've already clocked in 200 hours but have yet to stop Groudon and Kyogre's fight at Sootopolis City. I'm still leveling every mon I've caught and evolved so they're all at the same level (level 45) before I continue the story.

On that note, in the next version I will have auto levelers at every gym usable after beating the leader, starting at level 10 for the first gym and increasing by five at each gym so after beating Juan you can pay to level a pokemon to level 45 instantly! The thinking is that this way you don't have to long grind new pokemon for type coverage against the next gym/Elite Four, plus it makes midgame egg moves viable since you can take them from five to near what they'd need to be so they could be useful at that point in the game

Back