• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

darthbr

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I Hate glitchs, so, if i remove day night system, the bug from fortree is gone?

Years
  • I have both a question and a problem. How do i add more available moves? I can't really work with a negative move number.. I use your Emerald Final version. With the regular Emerald i can add some moves with PGE but it won't work with the IPS patched Final Edition :I How can i get like +300 Moves or something that i can edit it as i want to?

I can't post a screenshot but in Yape it says " Total Moves 4207 and Available Moves -235"

Years
  • I have both a question and a problem. How do i add more available moves? I can't really work with a negative move number.. I use your Emerald Final version. With the regular Emerald i can add some moves with PGE but it won't work with the IPS patched Final Edition :I How can i get like +300 Moves or something that i can edit it as i want to?

I can't post a screenshot but in Yape it says " Total Moves 4207 and Available Moves -235"

Sent you a message

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    I have encountered two bugs.
    i) Distorted text on your first time going to the upper floor of Pokemon Center.
    ii) String Shot was display as "StringShot" in the game. While other move such as Focus Energy, was displayed as it is.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sorry for the noise man, but i have another question to do. Have you changed anything about the Battle Frontier?

Years
  • Do you consider to update it? (In next updates)

To be completely honest I'm terrible at battle tower strategy so I don't want to try to change them up because they'd probably end up worse lol

However should someone wish to make new battle facility lineups I'd be willing to include them in as an optional patch (same goes for an overall difficulty increase)

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    Hi dearman4,

I made an account because I wanted to thank you for such an amazing hack!! I personally love vanilla Emerald, so I turned off Day/Night cycle and didn't make use of the other optional patches, but it was so fun playing through the entire game again while being able to run in buildings lol.

Some Suggestions:

Is it possible to allow running on Fortree City and Pacifidlog Town bridges? It would make exploring and revisiting each place a bit more fun.

In the Altering Cave, alongside the EV-IV Display NPC (which is amazing, btw!), can there be an EV resetter NPC? This would allow for two things: 1. An easy way to fix accidental EVs earned while training, and 2. Allows players to reset their non-Level 100 starters and other mons they've journeyed with since the beginning and make them stronger with a clean EV slate for focused training.

Is it possible to switch to Ruby/Sapphire versions of May and Brendan? I prefer Ruby/Sapphire May's design slightly more so than Emerald's, and would love to play as red May.

Battle Frontier-Related Suggestions:

As an avid fan of Battle Frontier as well as Gen 3 OU competitive battling, I was wondering if there was some way to implement a Hidden Power IV changer for mons, similar to your IV Perfecter concept. In competitive Gen 3, Hidden Powers such as Ice, Grass, Fire, Flying, and Bug are valued for the coverage and power they provide certain mons (ex. Zapdos with HP Grass/Ice, or Salamence with HP Flying for STAB). It's probably asking for too much, but would make for an amazing addition.

Lastly, is it possible to make a version of this hack that's solely focused on Battle Frontier? What I mean by that is a hack that includes the above suggestion, but also a way to catch any mon in the game, perfect their IVs for free, and even teach them move tutor and egg moves. Part of why I keep coming back to Emerald is due to the endless possibilities of Battle Frontier (specifically, Battle Tower), and an easy way to try out all the combination of mons/moves/teams would be a dream come true.

Anyways, as it is, Emerald Final is the definitive, near-perfect Emerald hack for me, and I really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this project! Thank you so much!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi dearman4,

I made an account because I wanted to thank you for such an amazing hack!! I personally love vanilla Emerald, so I turned off Day/Night cycle and didn't make use of the other optional patches, but it was so fun playing through the entire game again while being able to run in buildings lol.

Some Suggestions:

Is it possible to allow running on Fortree City and Pacifidlog Town bridges? It would make exploring and revisiting each place a bit more fun.

In the Altering Cave, alongside the EV-IV Display NPC (which is amazing, btw!), can there be an EV resetter NPC? This would allow for two things: 1. An easy way to fix accidental EVs earned while training, and 2. Allows players to reset their non-Level 100 starters and other mons they've journeyed with since the beginning and make them stronger with a clean EV slate for focused training.

Is it possible to switch to Ruby/Sapphire versions of May and Brendan? I prefer Ruby/Sapphire May's design slightly more so than Emerald's, and would love to play as red May.

Battle Frontier-Related Suggestions:

As an avid fan of Battle Frontier as well as Gen 3 OU competitive battling, I was wondering if there was some way to implement a Hidden Power IV changer for mons, similar to your IV Perfecter concept. In competitive Gen 3, Hidden Powers such as Ice, Grass, Fire, Flying, and Bug are valued for the coverage and power they provide certain mons (ex. Zapdos with HP Grass/Ice, or Salamence with HP Flying for STAB). It's probably asking for too much, but would make for an amazing addition.

Lastly, is it possible to make a version of this hack that's solely focused on Battle Frontier? What I mean by that is a hack that includes the above suggestion, but also a way to catch any mon in the game, perfect their IVs for free, and even teach them move tutor and egg moves. Part of why I keep coming back to Emerald is due to the endless possibilities of Battle Frontier (specifically, Battle Tower), and an easy way to try out all the combination of mons/moves/teams would be a dream come true.

Anyways, as it is, Emerald Final is the definitive, near-perfect Emerald hack for me, and I really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this project! Thank you so much!!

I'm glad you like it!

I agree that those non-running walkways are annoying, I'll look into that!

I already included a seller of EV-reducing berries in the Battle Frontier, though they were intended to be for correcting accidental EV gains on new Pokemon, the way I see it you should keep your starter and mainline team as Elite Four runners rather than trying to force them into the Battle Frontier. The requirements for these two tasks are so vastly different that you should have dedicated Pokemon for each, that's just me though!
    Really though with all the features included in Emerald Final its almost easier to just hatch a new starter then use the IV perfector, the nature switchers, the EV Training Cave, and the level resetter to get that newly hatched Pokemon Battle Frontier ready in under 10 minutes. (Planning on adding a gender switcher sometime soon as well)

Adding in sprite choices could be done, though it would be in the form of patches rather than in-game choices (I'm not that good at this lol)

The Hidden Power changer, I don't know how I would change it on a per individual Pokemon basis, that's kind of why the IV Perfector asks if you want to max the speed stat, some Pokemon have such a low base speed stat that maxing it wouldn't help much, therefore you could control what Hidden Power you get on those Pokemon, as for the ones you'd want high speed on... I could potentially have the IV Perfector ask for each stat, while that would make him cumbersome to use, it would at least give you a greater level of control over your Hidden Power. Also if I remember correctly I once read that there was a hex edit that could make the Power of that move guaranteed to be 60, so if I can find that I would add that in as well.

As for a Battle Frontier centered version... I feel like that both has been done before and would be significantly different enough to merit being its own hack rather than a version of Emerald Final. When I think "Battle Frontier Focused" I picture a hack that STARTS at the Battle Frontier, whole new story, the works. I don't want to make all the Move Tutors or the IV Perfector free because it would be far too easy, but I have toyed around with the idea of making the Battle Frontier Move Tutors payed with money rather than BP (as I've said before I suck at competitive battling) as well as potentially making other copies of those tutors in mainland Hoenn somewhere so you can use the moves in the main game.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment your appreciation and suggestions :) thanks for playing my hack!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    On the Battle Frontier topic, Emerald Enhanced has implemented a Battle Frontier mode, which requires starting a new game. I don't know if the update is hosted here, but you can go to the Discord linked here and get the latest version there.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=416925

I'm mediocre at competitive battles, so the BP move tutors requesting money would be sweet.

PkmnFan193

I too have started playing Emerald Enhanced. So far it's exactly what I've been looking for. A hack that updates Emerald a bit but doesn't full on overhaul everything like visuals and music. Though one thing I did notice was Professor Birch's lab doesn't use the normal music. Is there a reason for that? Would it be possible to get a patch to restore the original music? Otherwise I have no real complaints so far.

Years
  • I too have started playing Emerald Enhanced. So far it's exactly what I've been looking for. A hack that updates Emerald a bit but doesn't full on overhaul everything like visuals and music. Though one thing I did notice was Professor Birch's lab doesn't use the normal music. Is there a reason for that? Would it be possible to get a patch to restore the original music? Otherwise I have no real complaints so far.

Emerald Final has no changes to the music... Might be a bug?

Years
  • Just a question, are you planning on adding the 890 pokémon or just leave it like this?

Amazing hack btw.
    The only additions to the dex I'd be willing to add would be 4th gen evos, I want it to be an enhanced vanilla after all :)

I'm glad to hear that you are liking it!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I noted in the thread that you're using the decap patch and have the same issues I did. It's a common thing, as it appears to corrupt some stuff. I'll leave a small list of stuff I remember needing to fix over the years. About 90% of bugfixes I did to my patch had to do with undoing stuff this patch did, I can say that with a bit of confidence because they both did less to the game than your own did (you're using Dizzy's engine, I did not).

-Pokemon Sprites: This was the biggest deal for a lot of people because it was a bit love-or-hate for a minor hack. Very slight imperfections were caused on a few sprites, and they were incurable. I had to replace Pokemon sprites/animations/icons with MrDollSteak's Sugimori Palettes set to fix this, because replacing them with most new sprites or attempting to fix the palette (via the Advanced Series) made it far worse. Thankfully no other graphical issues were found.
    -Lavaridge Gym: A battle was switched with a Bug Maniac rematch battle that was particularly high level. It appears from posts that you already know this one. This was about as simple as changing the hex number in the script of which trainer it was, after finding the correct battles in a trainer editor. I do remember another similar issue in the route after Fortree City, but not the exact trainer or what they turned into.
    -Fortree Gym: A one-byte error caused the puzzle graphics to completely glitch. I don't remember where it was, but I fixed it by changing it to the same as in vanilla emerald. I obtained the fix in a thread made by DraconianWing about their hack, who got it from Le Pug apparently (and it was in a post, meaning it should be somewhere in sideshow showcase). You may be able to find the post with me asking about it first.
    -Battle Fontier: IV checking NPC doesn't work, had to copypaste the script from vanilla Emerald and re-decap it. I'm still not sure exactly what caused it, but I don't think that a hex change accidentally made it terminate early.
    -Teala's name in the link tutorial: I remember that this caused me a lot of trouble as I couldn't really fix it in Advance Map. For some reason.
    -Battle Messages: a lot here. When an ability is traced, when Mirror Move fails, many plural S characters. These were by far the worst to tackle, even though Pokemon stores it's text in a pretty manageable way to be easily edited in a hex editor. The easiest way I found out to do this is to insert (but not replace) the specific hybrid-capitalized word in G3T's Anti-Exploud, which will both spit out how that word will be in the hex editor and the corrected hex. Using that you can find it in a hex editor.

(Quick edit: I'm not talking about Dizzy's engine, just the decapitalization patch!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Finally got some free time to make a small update today!

With v7.37 we have a few bugfixes, a few changes, and two new features.
    The new features I am very happy with, HM moves can now be used without teaching them to your pokemon! Alas Flash and Fly must still be used normally, when I can figure that out I'll add it in. To use field moves now, the game just selects the pokemon at the head of the party whenever you attempt to surf or cut a tree or whatever. There are two issues with this, a visual glitch and a bit of an immersion break, sometimes the cutscene for the HM move will show a question mark, but it still works. The break in immersion comes from using for example a fire type to dive, BUT I put it to you, is it really any worse than using a tiny pidgey to pick you up and fly you across the continent?
    The other new feature is one added by request, Steven can now be re-battled! Good way to grind at high levels or challenge yourself I suppose.

The changes: Another one I am happy about, the Day-Night Cycle in Battle is now back in! Not enabled by default, added new patches to add/remove it.
    Second change, one I should've done a while ago, Electabuzz is wild in New Mauville and Magmar is wild in the Magma Hideout (specifically the room with Groudon)
    Third change, I turned the Moemon Patch into a UPS patch, so it expands the size of the ROM to 32mb, the reasoning is that to save time on my end I bulk imported the new sprites which takes up free space rather than replacing the existing sprites, so now Moemon needs to use a different program to patch (NUPS, which is included with the Moemon patch) this way the patch will not need to be updated every time I make a change

The bugfixes are mostly capitalization errors, as always please continue to point out any you find! Fortree's gym has also been fixed, as well as the bug trainer in Lavaridge's gym

Hard to know when I will have time for the next update, I am hoping to add in a gender switcher NPC and possibly add in the option for 4th gen evos, no promises on that, the last time I tried to implement them, I had a few issues.

Back