• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald : Road to a Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Y-You're kidding right?
    Seriously, if you're pulling my leg....

I must also apoligise for my lack of activity in this thread. Although it is a lame excuse, our last year in school is physically and mentally draining. I'm still playing around trying to get some scripts to work though.
    Also, I'm having trouble with a lengthy dialogue script. Basically, it starts off fine, but when Wally starts to talk, it cuts him off and goes to message 2. It is kinda odd. Do I have to make multiple message scripts rather than loads of new boxes in one message script?

So...do I put that HotW award in the first post? Do I put it in the title? This is our first award, wanna get it right...
    Try using the Text Helper in the tools.

Years
  • Okay... When I used the text adjuster, it works fine. BUT only that works fine. He does the first message....and that's it. It just ends. Probably something simple I'm missing or did, any clues?
    Also, how do you get a new box in text adjuster?

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Looks like a great hack

Ive always wanted to see the story behind Wally!

-Umbreon

Years
  • Okay... When I used the text adjuster, it works fine. BUT only that works fine. He does the first message....and that's it. It just ends. Probably something simple I'm missing or did, any clues?
    Also, how do you get a new box in text adjuster?
    Show me the script, I'll see if I can help.

Years
  • Just to let everyone know, we are still working on this. However, certain things (like school and FFTA2) are sapping away at my time. When the majority of it is done, expect regular responses.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • you seriously need to improve on the mapping alot i used to do it but decided to go with pokemon gold and silver instead but i will happily make some support banners when you make it just a little bit better

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Wow Shen! I gotta say, I can't wait to try this out!!! I want to try out making a hack now, this sounds like amaaaazing fun!

Also, glad to see you play FFTA2. Anything having ANYTHING to do with FFXII goes to my hall of treasures ;D

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • I think this hack would benefit from some new Graphics such as Diamond and Pearl tiles, just to make it seem more modern. The storyline is great though because I always wanted to know what happened to wally on his journey.

Good work and Kudos to you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Hey there Shen and Aztekia!
    Glad to see this is being worked on. I'd so love to play this wally version.
    However, is it possible if you guys can at least update ur first post so that we actually have an idea of what's happening now and the progress of the hack? Cuz im mightily curious about what are yall doing now.

Aztekia

As happy as a pig in sugar
    Years
  • Sorry, my watch stopped.

Apologies for not replying in, well, over 2 months. As I said, my watch stopped. Also, with GCSE's (Physics tomorrow, Maths Tuesday) and revision, coursework plus the fact I have just got Xbox Live means I haven't been able to visit this thread and continue our modding. However, from today, I have a new spirit and watch, so Shen and I will be back on track.

Thanks for your patience.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    This is so cool! Wally is one of my favorite characters in R/S/E, and I love Ralts!
    You may want to edit the tiles, so it will look a lot cooler!

Years
  • We're baaaaack!
    Apologies for the HUGE delay, but work is going to resume and there's a few changes we want to implement.
    First off, we are switching the starting location to Verdanturf (as many of you wanted). The truck is going away. Forever. Cos we hate it.
    Second, we are creating an all-male branch of Ralts (as a seperate Pokemon) that evolves into Gallade at level 30. It will be accompanied by the regular Ralts into Gardevoir (obviously, with buffed stats and moveset) which will be made all-female. You will be giving a choice of "remembering" if your Ralts was male or female. We're thinking of using the special command for the Wally fight as a memory scene, but then obviously the Ralts in that would be female. So yeah...
    That's the first changes we intend to make which would obviously change how the story begins. But that could work in our favour.
    We're also going to attempt to put different music in the game (such as Wilderness of Sadness which I <3), so any suggestions? Instrumental only please.

Years
  • Great idea- i was actually working on something like this, but i really like your idea, so i'm stepping down. Not that i would have posed a threat, or anything... But, do you need any help? I'm a fairly good spriter, i could re-do his Trainer sprite for you, his backsprite, etc. Well, i can edit his Backsprite in Ruby, thanks to unLZ GBA, although i believe it's a different case for Emerald- i know that you could edit Wally's backsprite in TLP. Anyways, if you'd like me to revamp his appearance (and other trainers, etc) just let me know, i'm happy to help, especially with such a great looking hack.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    giradialkia, do not revive month-old threads next time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back