• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon: Everlasting Orchard (Dating/Farming sim Pokemon game)

Years
    • Seen today
    Random glitch-I cannot go to bed. The below error msg appears.
    https://imgur.com/Uy1bwg9

And just for fun this happens but the extra Pierce disappears when you re-enter so it really doesn't effect anything, its just fun. Also is Pierce also capped off? I think you have it stated the characters affection is capped at 125 affection but according to the book of secrets Pierce is at 141. I think this is because his events are looped. After getting to tellius(sp?) if you run back between Pomona and Telluis Pierce's events play over ( this is part of the reason I was asking about fly). It doesn't happen each time, and I don't think it's restricted to once a day either.
    https://imgur.com/2ZbNGg5

Last edited:
    Years
    Thank you your adressing the issue so quickly, im really liking the game so far but i think i found another problem, not sure if anyone else brought it up but after leaving the bug catching contest i was teleported into the i think caves walls? i saved before i did the contest so i wasint stuck but i just wanted to put this here in case it wasint just my computer being wierd again. not sure if it was already fixed with the newest update if so sorry for bringing up a already fixed issue. have a nice day. (Edit) and apparently after downloading it says my map is corrupt? i guess that means i just start a new game i guess. (edit 2) Never mind thats a my B apparently the game stalled when i was opening my Save and it auto saved before it closed. (Edit 3) no apparently its doing it to my new game to apparently. does this happen when it auto saves when the script hangs when entering or leaving somthing?
    That's really strange because I'm not getting that glitch at all for the Bug Catching contest.

Random glitch-I cannot go to bed. The below error msg appears.
    https://imgur.com/Uy1bwg9

Did you use the mirror by chance? I had that same problem and the solution was to start over. :/ I don't know why it did that though and unfortunately I don't know what the solution is. Maybe you could use the mirror to change your character and it'd work then? If you want to continue to use the NB character all you'd have to do is switch TRCharacter000 and TRCharacter002. I might just make a tutorial on how to replace the characters with your own sprites since what I really wanted to do was do a character creation thing but I couldn't find one that would work with 17.2.

And just for fun this happens but the extra Pierce disappears when you re-enter so it really doesn't effect anything, its just fun. Also is Pierce also capped off? I think you have it stated the characters affection is capped at 125 affection but according to the book of secrets Pierce is at 141. I think this is because his events are looped. After getting to tellius(sp?) if you run back between Pomona and Telluis Pierce's events play over ( this is part of the reason I was asking about fly). It doesn't happen each time, and I don't think it's restricted to once a day either.
    https://imgur.com/2ZbNGg5
    Crap. I didn't have a cap on him because he was supposed to disappear at some point. I'll just have one just in case.

Edit: I forgot to address the wing thing! Vangelis will give you an HM item simply called "Wings" if you beat him. I may have used the "silent" code. (A code where you get the item but there's no notification message.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2021
    Really? Huh might just be me then figured out the first issue of the map corruption my computer is crap so it has trouble running the simplest of things so the script hangsb a lot when I go to diffrent areas i guess the map sometimes getsbcorrupted if it auto saves when I'm leaving or entering certain areas. An dthe bug contest I figured out it was specifically leaving the buulding wear the gaured is in the natinol park it would just telport me into a cavern wall if your not seeingvthe same issue I'm just curious what my computer is doing then. I also encountered two more things one is I can't look at the supper effctive berries at the shop without the game crashing. And the other is after rebccas confession the map becaomes a void. I manage to get out of it sense it seems the map was just invisible until I managed to leave by stumbling aroubd a bit. Well regardless im enjoying the game and thank you for tolerating my jumbeld up rambles. Have a nice day.

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah he doesn't give you wings, instead he gives you the tm for aerial ace.

Actually I experienced the bug catching contest glitch too, but since I'm not too interest in that part I mostly ignore it.

Sadly I didn't use the mirror, but I'll still try it too see if it works. If not then I'll just restart. Nope changing didn't help.

( and take your time to relax :) I recently got 1s does too and felt like I'd been hit by a truck-pokemon snap is fun still like the original better )

Last edited:
    Years
    Really? Huh might just be me then figured out the first issue of the map corruption my computer is crap so it has trouble running the simplest of things so the script hangsb a lot when I go to diffrent areas i guess the map sometimes getsbcorrupted if it auto saves when I'm leaving or entering certain areas. An dthe bug contest I figured out it was specifically leaving the buulding wear the gaured is in the natinol park it would just telport me into a cavern wall if your not seeingvthe same issue I'm just curious what my computer is doing then. I also encountered two more things one is I can't look at the supper effctive berries at the shop without the game crashing. And the other is after rebccas confession the map becaomes a void. I manage to get out of it sense it seems the map was just invisible until I managed to leave by stumbling aroubd a bit. Well regardless im enjoying the game and thank you for tolerating my jumbeld up rambles. Have a nice day.
    I still can't replicate the Bug Contest glitch but at least I can try to prevent you from even going into the building unless you're done with the contest.

It was supposed to automatically teleport you back to your farm if you got to the voice but it was a "touch" event instead. I'm going to blame the vaccine on that one.

As far as the berries goes, my best guess is that there were too many in one script so I split them in half. (He'll ask you to choose between "1" and "2")

Yeah he doesn't give you wings, instead he gives you the tm for aerial ace.

Actually I experienced the bug catching contest glitch too, but since I'm not too interest in that part I mostly ignore it.

Sadly I didn't use the mirror, but I'll still try it too see if it works. If not then I'll just restart. Nope changing didn't help.

( and take your time to relax :) I recently got 1s does too and felt like I'd been hit by a truck-pokemon snap is fun still like the original better )

I really don't understand the Syntax glitch, and it seems to be random too. I'm sorry about that.

Also I think I found out what the problem with the wings are. It'd be too late to get them after beating him so I'll just have him appear in the Caelestis Pokemon Center where he'll just give it to you if you have his badge.
    He may not leave after giving them to you. He should, but I don't really care enough to make him.

I should've fixed these things. It's compressing now.

Years
    • Seen today
    No problem, had to restart anyway. On the plus side I can tell you if some of the glitches I faced the second reset are fixed.
    Just finished beating Caelestis gym again. Still just get the aerial ace tm and no appearance of Vangelis at pokecenter.

Last edited:
    Years
    No problem, had to restart anyway. On the plus side I can tell you if some of the glitches I faced the second reset are fixed.
    Just finished beating Caelestis gym again. Still just get the aerial ace tm and no appearance of Vangelis at pokecenter.

There must be something wrong with RPG Maker or Essentials then because the second you touch the Pokemon Center's door it's supposed to check if you have the item or not, and if you don't it's supposed to turn on an event to make Vangelis appear in the Pokemon Center.
    In fact, I just realized that I forgot to make it only do that if you defeated the second gym. I also deleted everything that could make Vangelis not give you the item. I'm going to replace the download again so people can't just get them without defeating him but at this point I think this is a problem with the RPG Maker.

Years
    • Seen today
    Got the wings item from the pokemon center with the newest update :D

Minor glitch clefairy can't use the move bestow. An error script pops up but luckily hitting the x out of th dialogue box allows you to basically get free turns and doesn't cause a game crash ( its weird that it bestow that has problems most fangames have trouble with fury swipes but that actually works in your game so kudos) also its not something that always happens either

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    All good now, her encounter works fine now. And so far I haven't had the encounter glitches with Pierce, but I also haven't gone to the last city(in this demo) yet but I think it's fine too.

Nope-Pierce still loops events. Just walked towards caelestis(sp) and had his event come again. Although it isn't all a bad thing since we really can't do daily talks with him. Having fun with all the little things we can do with the game.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    A small nitpick to make but its one I cant help but have issue with. Its specifically the Happi/chikorita line. Yes these three were the beta designs for chikorita, bayleef, and meganium but if you're going to utelize them as a regional varient of the chikorita line it would make more sense to remove Hanamogura altogether and use Bayleef albiet redesigned to match with Chikorita and Meganium. I say this because while the idea of a regional varient exclusive evolution has been done for sword and shield with Sirfetch'd and Obstagoon, those were final evolutions not transitional stages.

At the same time though Hanamogura is an interesting pokemon who definately should be used IMO so cutting it out would be a disappointment.

I think a good compromise for this is to consider making a fakemon pre-evo to hanamogura and a fakemon evolution to hanamogura which actually has resemblance to the creature itself. I mean sure pokemon has some questionable evolutions (Remoraid to octillery for example) but there should be some consistancy for chikorita's line due to it being a sauropod dinosaur with a flower theme, and hanamogura is some form of orchid plant with no resemblance to either its pre-evo or post-evo.

EDIT: Also is it possible to have a list of moves for each pokemon? If Meganium is a dragon type I was wondering if it gets access to flamethrower like alolan exeggutor

Last edited:
    Years
    A small nitpick to make but its one I cant help but have issue with. Its specifically the Happi/chikorita line. Yes these three were the beta designs for chikorita, bayleef, and meganium but if you're going to utelize them as a regional varient of the chikorita line it would make more sense to remove Hanamogura altogether and use Bayleef albiet redesigned to match with Chikorita and Meganium. I say this because while the idea of a regional varient exclusive evolution has been done for sword and shield with Sirfetch'd and Obstagoon, those were final evolutions not transitional stages.

At the same time though Hanamogura is an interesting pokemon who definately should be used IMO so cutting it out would be a disappointment.

I think a good compromise for this is to consider making a fakemon pre-evo to hanamogura and a fakemon evolution to hanamogura which actually has resemblance to the creature itself. I mean sure pokemon has some questionable evolutions (Remoraid to octillery for example) but there should be some consistancy for chikorita's line due to it being a sauropod dinosaur with a flower theme, and hanamogura is some form of orchid plant with no resemblance to either its pre-evo or post-evo.

EDIT: Also is it possible to have a list of moves for each pokemon? If Meganium is a dragon type I was wondering if it gets access to flamethrower like alolan exeggutor
    I'd like to go back and redo Meganium's sprite since doing commissions gave me enough practice to be a lot better at making sprites, but otherwise I don't make sprites I don't want to do for free, so that's not gonna happen... For free. I started working on this game in 2018 before pausing for about a year and a half.

As far as moves goes, I wanted to add them to the "Pokemon" post, but even cutting the post in half didn't allow me to do so. I'll probably try to make a separate post for them in the blog, but otherwise you could always look at the info yourself by going into the PBS folder and opening Pokemon.TXT. I'd make a copy outside of the game because if you accidentally mess with it it could ruin the game.

Edit: Not only was I able to do this, but I decided to make some changes that are now in the latest version of the game. Here's the post.

All good now, her encounter works fine now. And so far I haven't had the encounter glitches with Pierce, but I also haven't gone to the last city(in this demo) yet but I think it's fine too.

Nope-Pierce still loops events. Just walked towards caelestis(sp) and had his event come again. Although it isn't all a bad thing since we really can't do daily talks with him. Having fun with all the little things we can do with the game.

That's because I forgot to have permanent switch to turn off the event! 🙃 I'm glad you're enjoying the game otherwise. I'm uploading a new version You'll have to go through it again but after that it should stop.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Oh two warnings-one don't accidentally talk to the mountain climbing guy if you are in his way it freezes the game( but doesn't do anything else) and if a certain someone's pokecenter event is ready it will only show up during the afternoon-at the other times that person and the second shopkeeper will disappear at all other times. Oh and the game seems to be running much smoother now(ie loading/switching between the times of days doesn't take as long and there is less loading stutter from area to area) Also there are two clock towers at the entrance of Tellus.

Question: Are the events talked about in your blog in game yet? So far I haven't been able to do any of the festivals in a play through yet. This might be becuase when the Spring/first month(?) passes the date is bugged to show 0 as the day( day of week works) despite the calendar showing the right days.

( sorry was stuck replaying stardew valley in envy that Japan gets rune factory 5 on the 20th of this month and there hasn't yet been talk of bringing it to the Us yet)

Last edited:
    Years
    Oh two warnings-one don't accidentally talk to the mountain climbing guy if you are in his way it freezes the game( but doesn't do anything else) and if a certain someone's pokecenter event is ready it will only show up during the afternoon-at the other times that person and the second shopkeeper will disappear at all other times. Oh and the game seems to be running much smoother now(ie loading/switching between the times of days doesn't take as long and there is less loading stutter from area to area) Also there are two clock towers at the entrance of Tellus.

Question: Are the events talked about in your blog in game yet? So far I haven't been able to do any of the festivals in a play through yet. This might be becuase when the Spring/first month(?) passes the date is bugged to show 0 as the day( day of week works) despite the calendar showing the right days.

( sorry was stuck replaying stardew valley in envy that Japan gets rune factory 5 on the 20th of this month and there hasn't yet been talk of bringing it to the Us yet)

The Holy Mountain guy doesn't get stuck for me, but I did try to fix his event anyway.
    That event in the Pokemon Center is supposed to only happen at that time, since the person in question is starting work.

I was confused by the date thing since it works just fine for me but I think I see what the problem may be. I'll be uploading a new download link as soon as it's ready. (I did that already but I somehow missed the calendar thing so I'm doing it again. Also I noticed a couple other things that I haven't noticed before somehow.)
    I'll add the month loop thing to the calendar too.

Also I deleted one of the clock towers. I forgot that I still had one for the town. 'Just not in the map.

I hope we get Rune Factory 5, but I'm not so sure if we will since I don't think Story of Seasons is doing that well in America since I don't think a whole lot of people know that that's basically the new Harvest Moon. (There's a complicated thing with the copyright of Harvest Moon not being owned by XSeed, who are people who actually made the games.)

Years
    • Seen today
    with the mountain guy its if you are in front/in the direction he charges off to climb the mountain only. Any other time talking to him and its fine.
    Thanks for the hard work!

I'm not sure we will either since I honestly thought that 4 was supposed to be the end of the series-at least for America which is sad since each game was great.

Years
    with the mountain guy its if you are in front/in the direction he charges off to climb the mountain only. Any other time talking to him and its fine.
    Thanks for the hard work!

I'm not sure we will either since I honestly thought that 4 was supposed to be the end of the series-at least for America which is sad since each game was great.

Oh, that. I didn't think about that. It should be fixed now. (I'm not gonna bother changing the first post. I mainly uploaded the game as a back-up since I did a lot in the background.)
    And no problem! I'm glad you're enjoying the game!

Years
    • Seen today
    Tellius broke-the path down towards the next route is broken where you can walk onto the surrounding mountain tiles instead of continuing down( the path that continues has been moved?disconnected?(see img )

https://imgur.com/2xzkVyT

Years
    Tellius broke-the path down towards the next route is broken where you can walk onto the surrounding mountain tiles instead of continuing down( the path that continues has been moved?disconnected?(see img )

https://imgur.com/2xzkVyT
    Tellus' map moved for some reason so I had to put it back. But then I realized that I forgot something and I went back and half of that half of the map was gone.
    If it's not fixed I'm going to have to bother the "question" section of the forums because there's a problem with Essentials if this is happening. There's another problem that shouldn't be happening (but it's a very minor one) so I'm not very happy with it right now.

I'm waiting for the game to compress right now. I'll update the first post whenever it's done uploading.

Back