• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon: Everlasting Orchard (Dating/Farming sim Pokemon game)

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    Just for fun I downloaded the game to my phone(been using joiplay- it's hit or miss usually with games) and it actually works pretty good. Transitions from town and our farm are a bit slow and events takes a little to load but it isn't an excessive wait and battles are running smoothly so far. Haven't played far though, still on day one but it runs okay in joiplay-. That said if I notice bugs from this point on it could be a joiplay- thing and not something you need to fix since the game is definitely meant for PC and not smartphones.

(Really was just curious if it'd work since some fan games run great, others awful and many in between )

Btw you might want to change status from developing to released. Most developing games don't have a demo release while released usually means there's a demo. ( Most developing games are more a proof of concept or a way to get feedback before implementing/trying to create a fangame).

Last edited:
    Years
    Just for fun I downloaded the game to my phone(been using joiplay- it's hit or miss usually with games) and it actually works pretty good. Transitions from town and our farm are a bit slow and events takes a little to load but it isn't an excessive wait and battles are running smoothly so far. Haven't played far though, still on day one but it runs okay in joiplay-. That said if I notice bugs from this point on it could be a joiplay- thing and not something you need to fix since the game is definitely meant for PC and not smartphones.

(Really was just curious if it'd work since some fan games run great, others awful and many in between )

Btw you might want to change status from developing to released. Most developing games don't have a demo release while released usually means there's a demo. ( Most developing games are more a proof of concept or a way to get feedback before implementing/trying to create a fangame).
    That's cool! It sucks that your computer died but it's cool that you can play fan games on the phone! I kind of wonder if you can play them on the Steam Deck?

I thought the "developing" status was for games that are still being developed. I only have about half of a game right now and I'm not sure what else I would label the game as. (As far as available options go, at least.)
    Edit: I don't remember how to edit titles.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    Well, I'm not actually sure about developing vs released. It's just typically the ones I find under developing tend to not have a released/playable demo... wouldn't know how to change it though.

The phone works only if you have programs like joiplay and it is very limited on which fangames work(ie engines and such) rpg maker sequel games tend to work well but any that need a launcher wont work at all, and even the essentials ones are hit or miss in playability. Some run much slower, others experiences errors due to joiplay limitations. Game like Pokemon empire loads and runs good but you literally cannot Battle since the battle moves cause errors-but the developer stated that it wasn't for phone and wouldn't work on it(after a few others tried).For your game in particular I haven't run into any problems yet. It does run slightly slower when loading events or the home farm area(as compared to computer running speeds)
    But everything seems to work about the same...but I haven't yet harvested berries so I don't know if it will work fine or have particular berries deciding to be troublesome. Events work, at least so far.

Years
    Well, I'm not actually sure about developing vs released. It's just typically the ones I find under developing tend to not have a released/playable demo... wouldn't know how to change it though.

The phone works only if you have programs like joiplay and it is very limited on which fangames work(ie engines and such) rpg maker sequel games tend to work well but any that need a launcher wont work at all, and even the essentials ones are hit or miss in playability. Some run much slower, others experiences errors due to joiplay limitations. Game like Pokemon empire loads and runs good but you literally cannot Battle since the battle moves cause errors-but the developer stated that it wasn't for phone and wouldn't work on it(after a few others tried).For your game in particular I haven't run into any problems yet. It does run slightly slower when loading events or the home farm area(as compared to computer running speeds)
    But everything seems to work about the same...but I haven't yet harvested berries so I don't know if it will work fine or have particular berries deciding to be troublesome. Events work, at least so far.

That's pretty awesome! I did not intend on making this game to work for smart phones at all so the fact that it does (so far) is just really cool!
    Hopefully it continues to do that, because I've added a lot of small things the player can do.

Years
    • Seen today
    hi, for some reason, the 4th gym puzzle doesnt work, i put in the gems correctly, but the entrance isnt opening

edit:
    im currently on the 25 day of the first month of the first year, i would get the second bedroom in the house, i have the miltank stable, day care and combee hive, when i go to bed it gives me this error message: Script 'interpeter' line 1014: TypeError occured. cannot convert Fixnum into String

Last edited:
    Years
    hi, for some reason, the 4th gym puzzle doesnt work, i put in the gems correctly, but the entrance isnt opening

edit:
    im currently on the 25 day of the first month of the first year, i would get the second bedroom in the house, i have the miltank stable, day care and combee hive, when i go to bed it gives me this error message: Script 'interpeter' line 1014: TypeError occured. cannot convert Fixnum into String
    As far as the gym puzzle goes, that hopefully should be an easy fix. (Like, so easy I'm not sure why I did do what I just did in the first place.)
    As far as everything else goes, that happens sometimes but I'm really not sure why. Did you get all of them at the same time? Did I even make that possible?
    ...Did I forget to not have multiple things be built at the same time?

There's a lot of things that your bed does that I can't really relocate anywhere else. I could try something kind of insane but since that error won't happen for me when I have all of those things I can't guarantee that it will work for everybody. But I'm going to try. If it works it'll help me organize things immensely, actually.)

I'm sorry for the late reply, by the way. I've been busy with a variety of stuff.

Years
    I don't know why,but game very lag (i run play this game on linux).
    I have played some other rpg maker games on linux and it doesn't lag like this game

Years
    • Seen today
    As far as the gym puzzle goes, that hopefully should be an easy fix. (Like, so easy I'm not sure why I did do what I just did in the first place.)
    As far as everything else goes, that happens sometimes but I'm really not sure why. Did you get all of them at the same time? Did I even make that possible?
    ...Did I forget to not have multiple things be built at the same time?

There's a lot of things that your bed does that I can't really relocate anywhere else. I could try something kind of insane but since that error won't happen for me when I have all of those things I can't guarantee that it will work for everybody. But I'm going to try. If it works it'll help me organize things immensely, actually.)

I'm sorry for the late reply, by the way. I've been busy with a variety of stuff.

its alright, im just glad some things should be fixed, if need be ill just start over and be less hasty with things, and take your time, better late than never i always say

Years
    I don't know why,but game very lag (i run play this game on linux).
    I have played some other rpg maker games on linux and it doesn't lag like this game

On what map(s) does it lag in? If it's every one of them I can't really do anything about it.
    I know what can cause lag and a lot of maps did lag but I was able to fix them. For Windows at least. At least for me they are. (My laptop's hard drive is still going really strong somehow.)
    If it's just some of the maps the game lags in then I can possibly fix them. ("Possibly" because again, it doesn't lag for me so it'd be hard for me to test.) Otherwise I don't think I can do anything since I'm unable to test my game out in any other hardware.

Years
    • Seen today
    a few notes on the new version:
    the 4th gym puzzle isnt fixed for me, i put the gems in correct positions but the rocks dont dissapear
    after i go up the ladder in (i believe) the superi caves, i get teleported into a wall
    i hope this helps

Years
    a few notes on the new version:
    the 4th gym puzzle isnt fixed for me, i put the gems in correct positions but the rocks dont dissapear
    after i go up the ladder in (i believe) the superi caves, i get teleported into a wall
    i hope this helps

You can try the caves and gym now. If the gym puzzle doesn't work now I'm just going to destroy the stupid puzzle and make the trainers mandatory to battle.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    cool game i always wanted a Pokémon game with you being able to date characters there are a few but hopefully even if you travel the region and take on the elite 4 and the champion that you dont have to marry that rival

Years
    it worked
    It better works, if it knows what's good for it.

cool game i always wanted a Pokémon game with you being able to date characters there are a few but hopefully even if you travel the region and take on the elite 4 and the champion that you dont have to marry that rival

It wouldn't be much of a dating sim if you couldn't choose who to date.
    When the build that allows you to get married is up there will be a point where Pierce will hang around Pomona town. So he'll be treated like any other candidate, except you'll get to be further along with him depending on how much he grows to like you throughout your journey.

Years
    • Seen today
    im trying to marry ollie, im currently at the second time she should be next to the restaurant, but its been a week ingame and she hasnt shown up, also the game crashes when i try to trade her a female combee, i'll post the error if you want, lastly, i cannot place anything in my house

Years
    im trying to marry ollie, im currently at the second time she should be next to the restaurant, but its been a week ingame and she hasnt shown up, also the game crashes when i try to trade her a female combee, i'll post the error if you want, lastly, i cannot place anything in my house
    You know why trading with Ollie wouldn't work? Because I forgot to tell the game what to give you during the trade.
    I also did something similar with Esmaralda, but worse somehow. Both should be fixed now.
    As far as Ollie's date goes, I moved her to be standing right next to the bench. RPG Maker XP is old and sometimes doesn't want to work properly so I have to do weird things to get certain events to work.

What furniture are you trying to place in your house? I was able to place the TV and consoles just fine. The consoles didn't show up because I misaligned something and I can't remember what number I have to tweak to fix it but as soon as I placed them they were there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    can you put in a clothing store where you can buy different outfits for the main and maybe different houses you can buy over time or at least being able to expand your house and for badges just make them based on the type of gym or objects that could represent that gym

Last edited:
    Years
    can you put in a clothing store where you can buy different outfits for the main and maybe different houses you can buy over time or at least being able to expand your house and for badges just make them based on the type of gym or objects that could represent that gym

The first two things are already a thing. You can buy outfits you can't get anywhere else in the Nemorensis department store (plus you can get two-toned hair) and you can expand your house by "donating" towards a furniture store.
    I can't change how the walls or floor of your house looks. I mean, I could, but that would require a bunch of different maps, all of which would require you to "pack up" your furniture and start over, and it'd make the game that's already over 1.5 gigs even bigger and make it harder for me to go into the game in debug mode. It's just not worth it.

As far as furniture goes, I wouldn't mind doing that- it's a fun idea. I just don't know what from the gyms could be used as furniture.

Years
    • Seen today
    do i need to do ollie's event at the bench next to the diner in order to be married to her?

Years
    do i need to do ollie's event at the bench next to the diner in order to be married to her?

No, but you'd be missing out on a lot of points on her.
    I was also going to make it so you'd lose points on dates if you fail to go to them by a certain time but I never wrote that idea down so that never happened and that idea never crossed my mind again until just now >>. I think they'd just stand there instead until you go on that date.
    I'll implement that real quick.

Back