• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red 251+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
Years
  • I'm not sure if there's been mention of it yet, but there seems to be some type of glitch or placement error with Cinnabar's Item Shop. Instead of having Ultra Ball for sale, it has ?????? on sale for $0.

Years
  • First of all, thank you very very much for creating this hack. Due to my old(er) age I found the newest pokémon games very confusing. All those new pokemons and types are very very hard to remember and therefore I lost many many battles on stupid ways. (using the wrong attacks on wrong types of pokémon)

So I googled for a hack which only containes the origional 251 pokémon and found this. After hours of very very enjoying playing I finally caught the Zapdos (Yeah!), but I cannot use it in battle because the game freezes.

Could you please, before abandoning it all together fix the issue caused by Zapdos' ability (drizzle) when the rain starts the rom freezes? I noticed it was in your bug notes, but I would really appreciate if you could try to fix that.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    First of all, thank you very very much for creating this hack. Due to my old(er) age I found the newest pokémon games very confusing. All those new pokemons and types are very very hard to remember and therefore I lost many many battles on stupid ways. (using the wrong attacks on wrong types of pokémon)

So I googled for a hack which only containes the origional 251 pokémon and found this. After hours of very very enjoying playing I finally caught the Zapdos (Yeah!), but I cannot use it in battle because the game freezes.

Could you please, before abandoning it all together fix the issue caused by Zapdos' ability (drizzle) when the rain starts the rom freezes? I noticed it was in your bug notes, but I would really appreciate if you could try to fix that.
    So sorry about taking so long to reply to this. I hope you can still read it.

The weather ability was a rombase issue, it's 100% going to be be fixed on it's next update. I may do a last-minute update of that item for this one reason once it's out, just to fix these last lingering issues. We'll see how that goes (it also comes with egg moves which were a minor deal with this hack). I haven't heard anything about the Gastro Acid issue though.

In the meantime, keep in mind that you can only catch a Pressure Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres. It's randomly chosen, so basically what you're going to have to do is save your game and keep randomly rolling until the game doesn't freeze up/shows that there's Pressure. I'm very sorry, but that's really about all I can say about that right now. It saddens me too; I was actually kinda poud of thinking up that ability idea.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're going to keep hidden power, then for the love of god enable the EV Berries from emerald SOMEHOW. Hidden Power relies heavilly on not just good IVs but EVs as well before the 6th gen. Besides that EV training is vital for a strong team and most would rather not waste time breeding especially since not a single fire red hack ment to be a faithful remake of FR/LG allow for the daycare service before the first elite four challenge. And to be honest I find that ridiculous since it makes for far too much extra work.

Being able to use Pomeg/Kelpsy/ect to reduce EVs to zero is VITAL in a pokemon hack since even standard late, pre-ending battles like the first round with the elite four gets annoying without having a strong team. Since you have a slightly higher amount of difficulty enabled here EVs become even more important. It ticks me off that in standard, un-modded Fire Red that I have a Raichu use Thunderbolt on Lorelei's Dewgong and it doesn't deal a one hit KO when there is not that much of a level difference between the two that would otherwise make the stats an issue. Same goes with having a Lapras use Ice Beam on Lance's dragonite. Dragonite may be a bulky dragon but it should not be able to survive a lapras' ice beam so easilly both due to STAB and the dual weakness to ice dragonite has. So please please PLEASE enable the EV reducing berries if they haven't been already.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • I'm Currently Playing This One, You Did An Outstanding Remake Man. I Love The Features You've Given To It. I Hope You Can Make Like This One On Emerald With The Complete 386. Whatever, Good Job Bro :-)

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • In response to looneyman1's post: considering that the EV Reduction berries didn't start until Emerald, then it may be a big task to implement it.

Even still, it's all wishful thinking since the creator no longer has the time to even work on it.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    In response to looneyman1's post: considering that the EV Reduction berries didn't start until Emerald, then it may be a big task to implement it.

Even still, it's all wishful thinking since the creator no longer has the to even work on it.

I only just saw the latest posts he made so I take back my request. Even so it should be possible to enable EV reducing berries in FR/LG or even Ruby/Sapphire because we have 3rd gen hacks that use the physical/special split which was introduced in the fourth gen games. Heck there's even 4th-6th gen pokemon and moves/abilities in many 3rd gen hacks as well, the emerald berry/breeding system shouldn't be that hard to do in a pre-emerald 3rd gen hack since that's a feature that was originally made for a 3rd gen game all things considered. I made this mention on MrDollSteak's rombase thread moments after seeing the OP's announcement so hopefully it'll be an idea worth considering.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you're going to keep hidden power, then for the love of god enable the EV Berries from emerald SOMEHOW. Hidden Power relies heavilly on not just good IVs but EVs as well before the 6th gen. Besides that EV training is vital for a strong team and most would rather not waste time breeding especially since not a single fire red hack ment to be a faithful remake of FR/LG allow for the daycare service before the first elite four challenge. And to be honest I find that ridiculous since it makes for far too much extra work.

Being able to use Pomeg/Kelpsy/ect to reduce EVs to zero is VITAL in a pokemon hack since even standard late, pre-ending battles like the first round with the elite four gets annoying without having a strong team. Since you have a slightly higher amount of difficulty enabled here EVs become even more important. It ticks me off that in standard, un-modded Fire Red that I have a Raichu use Thunderbolt on Lorelei's Dewgong and it doesn't deal a one hit KO when there is not that much of a level difference between the two that would otherwise make the stats an issue. Same goes with having a Lapras use Ice Beam on Lance's dragonite. Dragonite may be a bulky dragon but it should not be able to survive a lapras' ice beam so easilly both due to STAB and the dual weakness to ice dragonite has. So please please PLEASE enable the EV reducing berries if they haven't been already.
    I'll consider this for the reboot, but if an update comes out now it's going to be general upkeep and nothing more. Adding in items that do this would be a considerable alternative as well if it's possible; I'm already pretty sure in my little ideas for the reboot about adding in an extra "stone" for trade evolutions this time around (either that or tie them all to locations/level up after a certain move) so another item per EV type wouldn't be that big of a deal.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll consider this for the reboot, but if an update comes out now it's going to be general upkeep and nothing more. Adding in items that do this would be a considerable alternative as well if it's possible; I'm already pretty sure in my little ideas for the reboot about adding in an extra "stone" for trade evolutions this time around (either that or tie them all to locations/level up after a certain move) so another item per EV type wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Wow I never expected you to consider my idea. Partly due to the announcement of you discontinuing this and because I feared I seemed condescending. If I was I apologize, its just fire red tends to annoy me a lot with quirks like those I have lamented in my post.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright, after reviewing the new rombase version... I really don't think I can manage one last patch properly. I apologize. Too much data clashes together, implementing Fairy-Type in this one isn't something I'm really keen on doing for balance reasons, and I just can't fix this one up.

I'm going to let this post be more than just bleak however: I'm starting up on the reboot. Progress WILL be extremely slow and I plan another thread for it (as well as an altered name because I can't exactly call it 251+ anymore, you'll see why here in a bit), so don't go hunting around here for a link.

Here's an overview of some of the major changes I'm confirming while I'm here:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Alright, after reviewing the new rombase version... I really don't think I can manage one last patch properly. I apologize. Too much data clashes together, implementing Fairy-Type in this one isn't something I'm really keen on doing for balance reasons, and I just can't fix this one up.

I'm going to let this post be more than just bleak however: I'm starting up on the reboot. Progress WILL be extremely slow and I plan another thread for it (as well as an altered name because I can't exactly call it 251+ anymore, you'll see why here in a bit), so don't go hunting around here for a link.

Here's an overview of some of the major changes I'm confirming while I'm here:

Spoiler:
    For Gallade you could add another Ralts/Kirlia (100% male) and make this evolve into Gallade.
    The original Ralts/Kirlia can be 100% female keeping the Gardevoir evo (now a 100% female pokemon).

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    For Gallade you could add another Ralts/Kirlia (100% male) and make this evolve into Gallade.
    The original Ralts/Kirlia can be 100% female keeping the Gardevoir evo (now a 100% female pokemon).
    I don't really think I want to do that. It would probably require me to make them like Nidoran and make a separate 'dex entry even. Besides, Gardevoir can be male.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How About A Stone Evo For Them? Just Like Eevee.
    That's the original plan, and how it's handled in canon. I'm planning on setting the Sun Stone on it (closest to the required one). The hurdle is the canon gender requirement that goes along with the stone evolution. I guess I either need to make my own evolution method or substitute it with something else.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • That's the original plan, and how it's handled in canon. I'm planning on setting the Sun Stone on it (closest to the required one). The hurdle is the canon gender requirement that goes along with the stone evolution. I guess I either need to make my own evolution method or substitute it with something else.

I Think It'll Be Hard Too. Couz Kirlia(Any Gender) Can Evolve To Gardevoir By Leveling Up. Just Maybe, If There's A Way For You To Cancel It And Just Choose On A Specific Stone To Trigger There Evolution. In My Opinion, That Way Be More Cooler Couz Gardevoir Can Be Male And Vice Versa For Gallade. After All, Stones Are Late Game Obtainable Except For Moonstone. Oh Well, That's Just Me. Just Giving A Suggestion So You Have An Option.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    I don't really think I want to do that. It would probably require me to make them like Nidoran and make a separate 'dex entry even. Besides, Gardevoir can be male.

I beliveve that the guys who made Platinum Red/Blue have mad an asm to handle this male/female stone evolution.

One option is to link two different Pokemon to the same dex entry (The same way Unown is handled) and have different for male and female linked to the same dex entry. I haven't done that myself but it should be pretty easy to do.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    One option is to link two different Pokemon to the same dex entry (The same way Unown is handled) and have different for male and female linked to the same dex entry. I haven't done that myself but it should be pretty easy to do.
    I may look into this if there's no other option. I'm liking the previous idea you've put up a little bit more, what with it probably even being compatible with tools and all.

In the meantime, here will be the new move/TM changes from Gen VI canon so far:
    Spoiler:

You can PM me with any questions, but the re-do of this hack will be "when it's done."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    this rom have 1 bug.
    Move 'Dragon Tail' use
    -> if Foe's pokemon and wild pokemon Hp 0, no give exp.. (except foe's final pokemon)

when possible fix this bug??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back