• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red Infernos (Beta 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
It looks really good and very clear :)
I'll try not to use it because I like not fully knowing, but at the same tme, I might use the information to plan my team more, or if I lose to one of the them and need it to beat them. What other documents are you going to make?
Yeah, its not meant to be compulsory reading, but something that people can use if they need it or want spoilers.
I'm happy to create documents for whatever people want to be honest. My next one is going to be on the changed evolutions within the game, and then I'll see what I have time for/can be bothered to do next :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Maybe you could make a list of all the movepool changes? And the stat changes, and the changes made to moves. Things like that? And a locations list would be good.

Speaking of which, where can I find the fossil pokemon? I'm thinking of having an Armaldo on my team. (It's Grumpig, Dragonair, Noctowl, HM Slave Linoone and Azumarill at the moment).

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Maybe you could make a list of all the movepool changes? And the stat changes, and the changes made to moves. Things like that? And a locations list would be good.

Speaking of which, where can I find the fossil pokemon? I'm thinking of having an Armaldo on my team. (It's Grumpig, Dragonair, Noctowl, HM Slave Linoone and Azumarill at the moment).
Those are all nice ideas, thanks for your continued support Synergise :)
All the fossils (except Aerodactyl) can be found by fishing in the Safari Zone. I can't remember which zone its in though, it might be different to Dratini else you probably would have found it!

Whilst I really appreciate the support I've gotten, it's really only been from two people, and I could really do with more opinions and feedback from other people, so for anyone who's downloaded, or even anyone who has just read the thread, it'd be great if you could let me know what you think :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Those are all nice ideas, thanks for your continued support Synergise :)
All the fossils (except Aerodactyl) can be found by fishing in the Safari Zone. I can't remember which zone its in though, it might be different to Dratini else you probably would have found it!

Whilst I really appreciate the support I've gotten, it's really only been from two people, and I could really do with more opinions and feedback from other people, so for anyone who's downloaded, or even anyone who has just read the thread, it'd be great if you could let me know what you think :)
That's alright. All I've found so far are Omanyte, can't find anything else. I don't know how to help get more opinions though. Maybe if you move it to progressing hacks or something people might discuss more? You said before that not much seem to happen in this forum.

Years
hmm... moving it to progressing hacks would probably help... along with some banners- which I can do... i think. Banners and those support bars might also help. Yay... I'm on the road to rebeating the game... with a more balanced team

And maybe adding some manga characters might help attract some extra people.

If you need help with anything, Im willing to start reading those tutorials and help you out as it really is fun to play. And where is that second masterball you stuck on a random trainer?

____
Oh yea... I forgot to ask, can you lower the req catch numbers for the items from the aides, it is sorta annoying to have to get 50 entries for the EXP Share

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
hmm... moving it to progressing hacks would probably help... along with some banners- which I can do... i think. Banners and those support bars might also help. Yay... I'm on the road to rebeating the game... with a more balanced team

And maybe adding some manga characters might help attract some extra people.

If you need help with anything, Im willing to start reading those tutorials and help you out as it really is fun to play. And where is that second masterball you stuck on a random trainer?

____
Oh yea... I forgot to ask, can you lower the req catch numbers for the items from the aides, it is sorta annoying to have to get 50 entries for the EXP Share

Any banners you can make would be absolutely great - its the graphic-y things that I can sort of do too, so I'll make some as well. I'm going away for about 10 days and probably won't have internet access (though I'll have my laptop), so I won't be able to post anything on here (or at least, not as much) during that time. But I'll keep working on the game :)

It's mainly scripting things that I need help on, because I just can't get my head around it. That, and adding new tiles to the game - last time, I ended up overwriting water and it screwed everything up :\

That second masterball is on a trainer on the route above Vermillion who has a Beedrill. I also gave one to Lance's Dragonite in the rematch battle, meaning, if you get that far, you can thief endless masterballs. But its so far into the game, and requires you to do quite a lot to get the opportunity that I think it's alright really.

And yeah, I probably should. It only records Kanto pokemon too, so its not particularly helpful. I'll see if I can change that, but of course, it's scripting...

Thanks for all your help Cryostylz :)

Years
hmm I made one... just not sure if I got the size right (and yea, it isnt my best photoshop work) :P
FireRedInfernosBanner.jpg

HTML:
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n515/Cryostylz/Sprite%20Work/FireRedInfernosBanner.jpg

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
hmm I made one... just not sure if I got the size right (and yea, it isnt my best photoshop work) :P

HTML:
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n515/Cryostylz/Sprite%20Work/FireRedInfernosBanner.jpg
I like it :) (Although a newer picture of Charizard would be nice, since the 3rd gen one is kinda ugly )
Also Grassmen, can you add Nincada to the list of sprites that can be changed? It's not nice :P

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
Years
So far, I am liking this game. Been a long time since I've played through Kanto with a Kanto starter. Took me 3 tries for both Brock and Misty, and 2 tries for Gary Round 3. After that I saved. I just have to say, I like the pokemon that have been placed in some areas. I found Seviper in Viridian, and awesomely, my rival has Zangoose. I'll tell you right now, it's hard to impress me with an increased difficulty level remake of a game, but you are doing it so far.

A couple things:
~Change some of the pokemon that have crappy movesets, and give them better ones. Parasect for example.(Yeah, I'm using him)
~Make the rods appear earlier in-game
~Make better items accessible earlier. I think potions are a little weak against Brock. I should know.

A question, has nothing to do with the game though. How did you make the trainer document look that way using Microsoft Word?

Years
I like it :) (Although a newer picture of Charizard would be nice, since the 3rd gen one is kinda ugly )
Also Grassmen, can you add Nincada to the list of sprites that can be changed? It's not nice :P

haha I just didn't like how boring the DPP and HGSS sprites looked... If you want, you can tell me which sprites you want...

and Dark Sceptile, i think it is simply using the tables function of Word and some text boxes

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013

HTML:
Thanks for your help Cryostylz, I like it (I kind of agree with Synergise about the Charizard sprite, but it's a more dynamic pose than the other sprites, so it still works :P. I'll update the main page with mine and yours when I get back home :) )

Synergise, it's already on the list :P

So far, I am liking this game. Been a long time since I've played through Kanto with a Kanto starter. Took me 3 tries for both Brock and Misty, and 2 tries for Gary Round 3. After that I saved. I just have to say, I like the pokemon that have been placed in some areas. I found Seviper in Viridian, and awesomely, my rival has Zangoose. I'll tell you right now, it's hard to impress me with an increased difficulty level remake of a game, but you are doing it so far.

A couple things:
~Change some of the pokemon that have crappy movesets, and give them better ones. Parasect for example.(Yeah, I'm using him)
~Make the rods appear earlier in-game
~Make better items accessible earlier. I think potions are a little weak against Brock. I should know.

A question, has nothing to do with the game though. How did you make the trainer document look that way using Microsoft Word?
Haha, the Seviper/Zangoose thing worked out well! And I'm really glad you're enjoying it. I'm currently working on altering base stats of Pokemon, and then I'll start on the moves. I'll see what's appropriate and change it :) (I'm already planning that Parasect will stay really slow, but it'll get a big rise to its Attack stat. Not sure on moves yet; let me know if you have any suggestions :) )
And I'll see what I can do about the rods. If I recall correctly, you get the Good and Super Rods near the same sort of time, so I'll make the Old Rod available earlier, and put the Good Rod somewhere inbetween.
And when I get back home, I'll see if I can find how to edit the mart items, or I can change the items found on the ground.

And Cryostylz is right, I just used the table function on Word, and used the drawing tool to create a box to put the introductory text in :)

Years
hmmm then what sprite should I use? or use a diff pokemon altogether? like entei, Ho-oh moltres?

And my current team is bad...
lvl 20 Charmeleon (just couldn't resist)
lvl 16 Taillow (whee... it has 33 spd already)
lvl 5 Pikachu...
lvl 6 Weedle
lvl 6 Nincada

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
hmmm then what sprite should I use? or use a diff pokemon altogether? like entei, Ho-oh moltres?

And my current team is bad...
lvl 20 Charmeleon (just couldn't resist)
lvl 16 Taillow (whee... it has 33 spd already)
lvl 5 Pikachu...
lvl 6 Weedle
lvl 6 Nincada
I'd say Charizard was a good choice, seeing as this is Fire Red, and Charizard is in the opening screen. The sprite isn't necessarily bad, but it's quite old, and the game is trying to seem... newer, almost. So it's like the sprite doesn't really fit with the game as much. It's not a big issue though really :)

And yay, using something other than Charizard! :P Where are you up to at the moment?

Years
I'd say Charizard was a good choice, seeing as this is Fire Red, and Charizard is in the opening screen. The sprite isn't necessarily bad, but it's quite old, and the game is trying to seem... newer, almost. So it's like the sprite doesn't really fit with the game as much. It's not a big issue though really :)

And yay, using something other than Charizard! :P Where are you up to at the moment?

uhhh just beat brock... and training my stupid bird...

say, you gonna change the title screen?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
uhhh just beat brock... and training my stupid bird...

say, you gonna change the title screen?
Lol, that made me laugh. I think Taillow/Swellow is definitely one of the movesets I need to edit, because its just so shallow :\

And I wanted to change it, but I didn't have much luck - it just screwed the intro up. UNLZ.gba hates me (and frankly, I hate it >.< ). The plan is to complete what I can, then try and attempt the stuff I can't do right now at a later date, or see if someone can help with that sort of stuff :D

Years
Lol, that made me laugh. I think Taillow/Swellow is definitely one of the movesets I need to edit, because its just so shallow :\

And I wanted to change it, but I didn't have much luck - it just screwed the intro up. UNLZ.gba hates me (and frankly, I hate it >.< ). The plan is to complete what I can, then try and attempt the stuff I can't do right now at a later date, or see if someone can help with that sort of stuff :D

haha I just read the tilescreen tutorials, and they weren't easy to do... seems to be pretty tedious, ill give it a try, but no guarantees and it might take a long time...

and btw, Im sort of ambivalent about the moveset changes. sure, they could make the pokemon more balanced, but they could be too different. Such as a Mightyena with a great movepool might change the dynamics of the game. (sort of how I feel about Charizard having Seismic toss)

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
Years
and btw, Im sort of ambivalent about the moveset changes. sure, they could make the pokemon more balanced, but they could be too different. Such as a Mightyena with a great movepool might change the dynamics of the game. (sort of how I feel about Charizard having Seismic toss)

Well, if the movesets are changed, it's not like the pokemon will become overpowered. Just some pokemon suck with their movesets, but have good type combos. Parasect has some moves it could learn that wouldn't make it too strong, such as Vicegrip.

Grassmen, if you want any help making new movesets, I'd be happy to help you.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
haha I just read the tilescreen tutorials, and they weren't easy to do... seems to be pretty tedious, ill give it a try, but no guarantees and it might take a long time...

I'm not on about drastic changes, just ones which make things more balanced. I find that, especially in the 3rd gen games, there's such a disparity between the 'good' pokemon and the 'bad' pokemon, so to make things more even just seems a nice idea to me. Altering base stats and movepools seems to be a good way to go about it. If there any movesets or whatever that just seem way too extreme though, I'm happy to change things.

Do you really think Seismic Toss Charizard is a bad idea? I'm willing to reconsider it if it is.

Well, if the movesets are changed, it's not like the pokemon will become overpowered. Just some pokemon suck with their movesets, but have good type combos. Parasect has some moves it could learn that wouldn't make it too strong, such as Vicegrip.

Grassmen, if you want any help making new movesets, I'd be happy to help you.
Thanks Dark Sceptile, any help is greatly appreciated. If you want to, you could post some moveset suggestions here or privately send them to me :)

I'm currently working on editing the base stats and producing the guide on them. Then I'll move onto movesets, though I'll probably do that in bits rather than all at once :)

Years
I'm not on about drastic changes, just ones which make things more balanced. I find that, especially in the 3rd gen games, there's such a disparity between the 'good' pokemon and the 'bad' pokemon, so to make things more even just seems a nice idea to me. Altering base stats and movepools seems to be a good way to go about it. If there any movesets or whatever that just seem way too extreme though, I'm happy to change things.

Do you really think Seismic Toss Charizard is a bad idea? I'm willing to reconsider it if it is.

Hmmm, now I think about it, it seems to be ok. But Seismic Toss just seemed a bit off... maybe its just because I didn't like the anime and already had Brick Break...

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
Hmmm, now I think about it, it seems to be ok. But Seismic Toss just seemed a bit off... maybe its just because I didn't like the anime and already had Brick Break...
Seismic Toss and Brick Break are really different moves though, since Seismic Toss deals set damage. Anyway, I have a suggestion about Blaine... his team is just so weak to water that it was a fairly easy 6v0 for me. I don't know what would be good on his team, but at the moment, he seems the weakest leader by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back