• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Flame of Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ҳ̸ҲRichie

SkOria
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    Hello team, I needed to view practically all previous post, and really so much english provoked me headache, anyway it was worthwhile...
    Riding a Arcanine is a great idea, and I saw than the arcanine are only for riding, and not are in your team, true?
    Also I took a look at the Gym video, another innovative idea!!
    I have to say than your ideas and the good work in team makes the difference, and that reflects at quality of a good hack!!
    luck!!, and i hope to see more over this good hack

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • Yeah the hack is going great.
    I love the mapping and the events are very interesting, which i think are the most important part of the game.
    Also i think you should change the graphics, it would add more originality, but if you don't change them i really don't care too much.
    Well, Good luck!

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • well, first of all we need your application in the rom reaverz hacking team thread, but I think we will need you. I can insert music, but sappy and midi2agb doesn't work correctly.
    The song ends and you have to enter another house/route and go back to make it play again.

So just post an application and X-Buster will decide.

PS: thx to all the others who like our hack :)

@above: we'll upload a beta when about half ot the hack is done.
    the mapping process is at 40%, scipting will need abit more time since im in england for 9 days (I'll fly tomorrow).

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • well actually the outside mapping is at like 50% already (only ryouhi region, were not sure if we will include others)
    i wrote 40% cause i also have to make gyms and cave and stuff...

anyway im really glad to see you all support and like this hack so much!
    If you have any good ideas how we can improve our work you can tell us.

edit: i have some new screenies of PINEHILL and MIST FOREST for you guys:
    Pokemon: Flame of Rage

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • After a long time we finally inserted the region map into the game:

I know the border palette is a bit messed up bit we will fix that soon.
    and it isnt finished yet, there will be some caves etc added.
    designed by me, converted into DP theme and inserted by xbuster. town routes etc locations were adjusted by me
    theres just a lil bug:
    it doesnt matter where o na route you are, it will always show you being on the same part. does anyone know how to fix that?

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
    Years
  • well, beacuse i wanted to show you a little bit from the sprite which are inserted in the game i'll show you 3 screenshots:

Here you see: Mum's new OW (guess who she is), the new OW of Samara and the new battle sprite of samara!

Hope you like them, we have also inserted the new gym leader, dunno if you know vincent raven from the next uri geller, but if you want you could google it, because i was to lazy to play to this point, here is the battle sprite (also already inserted):

hope you like this (also wanted to update this thread with some of my work, don't be angry neti, if i spoiled something :nervous:)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    lovely new screenies. :3
    but... i kinda dislike the female back post, it's kinda sleepy? :\

anyways, nice progress, and so, keep it up! ;)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Hey, those updates are actually pretty good! This is one of the nicest FireRed hacks I've seen. You bring out the real potential of the ROM. It's incredible. That's all I can say. I really like your maps, Neti, they're the best, of course, and I think Shadow Arcanine's sprites are okay.

The region map is... amazing. It's done very well. But the border is, like you said, messed up. Give it a red palette, maybe? The old yellow palette was boring. :x Well, good luck with Flame of Rage, keep up the fantastic work!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I've just seen the last updates, and it's good to see that the mapping keeps looking nice (at least, you've used the fog but it didnt bring out too many problems)
    About the world map, it looks interesting (cannot say much more than that, we've followed the same style :P), the new Advance Map can change the location of routes and towns (but not forests or caves or buildings)
    Some of the overworlds dont look fine yet (it's as if they werent taking advantage of the 16 colors palettes), while I liked the in battle sprites (specially, the rival sprite)

That's all I had to comment about, keep it up!

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • the fog brought up some problems but they were easy to fix with block editor^^

and the new advance map is able to change position of caves forests etc.
    that was not my problem^^
    th problem is, when a route is 4 tiles long (on world map) but i can set only 1 tile where the player should be displayed when being on this route, how did nintendo manage to make it so youre always somewhere else on this route depending on where you are ingame?

Years
  • It would be cool if you had like a Charizard as a legendary, kinda protecting a temple or something, then you ougt to be able to capture it.

Love this Hack, cant wait for the beta

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • ok we ha da little procedure stop caused by the try to fix a bug.
    it didnt help, but now we know how to fix it and we took a rombase to make the game look nicer.
    all videos and screenshot will be remade in a short time, heres the first vid so you can see the new tiles:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=6bMy-i8OiYk
    there wil lalso be some new screenshots and movies soon, not only remade ones.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • Awesome script. But please Please don't use those paletts. They really don't look good with such a good hack you have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back