• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Forever?

Sheruda Kachinuki

Go and escape(^^)
    Years
    > I know that most of the members here on PC are certified Pokemon fans. So I made this thread to know the response of other members.

>> What if, someone, a family member, a friend or a relative of yours might say ''oh, look at you, you are old but you still love Pokemons''? what will be your response? are you going to state your opinion? It's up to you.

>>> I know that as we grow, our lifestyle and traits change, so as our own ''style'' and we don't know the future of our destiny, right?

>>>> As for me, I will simply reply
    = thanks for your concern, but on this world, people are different from each other, and as a Pokemon fan, I will stay with Pokemon forever...

*bows and exits*

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Well, I openly admit that I like Pokémon. I talk about it all the time in school and nobody so much as gives me a strange look. Maybe it has to do with the fact that jocks actually play the old Pokémon games in my school.
    (I'm a Senior in High School too! xD)

However, my family asks why I still play Pokémon all the time. I just reply, "why should I mess with a classic?"

Pokémon is an awesome RPG, and I'm going to love it no matter what people say. If I had no friends in school and my family threatened to disown me, I would still love Pokémon.
    (Good thing that's not going to happen, though...)

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    > I know that most of the members here on PC are certified Pokemon fans. So I made this thread to know the response of other members.

>> What if, someone, a family member, a friend or a relative of yours might say ''oh, look at you, you are old but you still love Pokemons''? what will be your response? are you going to state your opinion? It's up to you.

>>> I know that as we grow, our lifestyle and traits change, so as our own ''style'' and we don't know the future of our destiny, right?

= thanks for your concern, but on this world, people are different from each other, and as a Pokemon fan, I will stay with Pokemon forever...

*bows and exits*
    My family will probably never ask why I like Pokemon at my age, because I keep that a secret.

Actually, I have to confess something. I only started liking Pokemon around a year ago, before that I just couldn't stand it. The thing is, before I really played the games, all I knew of Pokemon was the anime, which made me gag. Basically, I talked crap about Pokemon quite a lot up until last year (and I still bad-mouth the cartoon), so telling people now that I've changed my mind would make me look like a complete hypocrite.

I don't know if I'll like Pokemon forever, but I know that I won't lose interest in the games for a good while.

(I'll never stop liking Digimon, though!)

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    My response? "Oh shut the *censorcensorcensorrrr*, will ya? Pokemon's awesome, and I don't need anyone like you trying to critisize meh. Go 'way! ;P"

XD I don't really care what my family thinks of it. I konw they may think it's a bit silly sometimes, but it's just a game. Nothing to fret about. They usually leave me alone on that subject.

As for fellow peers, yeah I'll admit, I was picked on a lot in middle school. Luckily enough for me in highschool I met these awesome group of friends that either liked/played pokemon or didn't give a hoot either way. xD And it just so happens that in this group of friends I meet this awesome guy named James who I found out played Pokemon and low and behold, this september is our 1 year anniversary! XDDD *death*

See, good things can happen when you play Pokemon too! It can make you see who your real friends are, the ones who don't care what you like/play/listen to/etc., am I right? ;3

-Neko

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm actually an ex fan, having moved on to the Advance Wars series instead; but really, I've never had to say anything since nobody ever actually cared. xD

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
    People say stuff to me, im just like "who cares , i can do waht i want"

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I just say that there's no reason to outgrow something you like. What makes pokemon anymore exclusively childish than games like Zelda and Mario?

I've recently come to despise the way society crafts things into age and gender categories.

As a 19-year old male, I am "not allowed" to like the following things which I like:

Pokemon (anime and games)
    Smirnoff
    Emotional/Slow music
    Music with female vocals
    Anything for its "cuteness"

I really hate the gender-split among society and its interests these days. And the age-split is not much better.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    I love Pokemon, but I don't believe i'll keep playing it forever. I'll probably stop playing sometime around age 18 to 20. I don't know why but I don't really want to be playing Pokemon for the rest of my life. I'll just enjoy it for now I guess and see what happens.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014

*bows and exits*

Dude,thanks!!!
    Another great thread!!^_^"!
    Yup POKEMON FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Thanks Pokenoy!! ill support ya'
    Great to hear that your A pokemon fan forever!!!

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    I don't hide it but at the same time I don't broadcast it. A lot of people think that you're hiding your liking of pokemon if you don't let everyone you've ever met know you like it.

I like Pocky the japanese candy, I'm not going to tell everyone I meet that I do, but if I meet other people that like it, we'll definitely eat some. yeah that was an obscure analogy but you get the idea.

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    *sigh* i get a lot of s***t from the eighth graders at school and well i usually say screw you to them! then i outsmart them and run!
    but i'm still a poke fan forever!

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Dude,its ok...
    Glad to read that your a pokemon fan as well^_^"!

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years

True that.. Woo go poke communtiy!.. Ahem okay back on subject..

Well I have run into this problem at my school before.. They are all ZANTS! (long story) in my opinion.. but I'm very nervous on the subject..Usually STRANGERS who I don't even know mock me for it and start rumours about me. (Yah real mature guys..Reaaaal mature)But my family doesn't really care if I like pokemon.. And my friends are all pokemon fans so its all good.

Very very true..But change is a part of life so yah.. but When I was 3 I used to tell myself I will be a blues-clues fan forever!! But alas I outgrew it -.-" and the show became crap anyway. But I will try to remain strong on my pokemon love. Cause pokemon..is awsome.And I can't wait for the the hell years (highschool) Just cause I like pokemon.. As Yoom-Tah (totally awsoem name by the way) said

just say that there's no reason to outgrow something you like. What makes pokemon anymore exclusively childish than games like Zelda and Mario?

I've recently come to despise the way society crafts things into age and gender categories.

Its true, with todays society you have to fit in with what everyone likes.. I mean if society didn't have variety..and everyone liked the same thing.. Theres just no..fun in things if things are like that. I recently graduated middleschool. And I was treated like crap just because I liked pokemon. Its pretty sickening that a person can't like something,but then gets ridiculed for it. Its pretty sad that they have to mock us pokemon fans just because we like something that they consider "childish".. I swear I hate being judged for what I like and not WHO I am..but alas.. I guess in todays society its kind of hard to be a Pokemon fan once you hit middleschool or so..which is kinda lame..but life would be boring if people didn't stand up for what they like and everyone liked the same thing.. So I think soem people need to learn to respect peoples rights to LIKE something and not be ridiculed for it.

-end of my weird little rant-

Last edited:
    Back