• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Forever?

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I just say that there's no reason to outgrow something you like. What makes pokemon anymore exclusively childish than games like Zelda and Mario?

I've recently come to despise the way society crafts things into age and gender categories.

As a 19-year old male, I am "not allowed" to like the following things which I like:

Pokemon (anime and games)
    Smirnoff
    Emotional/Slow music
    Music with female vocals
    Anything for its "cuteness"

I really hate the gender-split among society and its interests these days. And the age-split is not much better.

You're allowed to like cute girls...But yeah a teenage guy liking Pokemon is just weird O.o? Cute girls ftw...Oh and yeah, Pokemon ftw

Diffrent people respond in diffrent ways, some people are better then others :P. Some I insult, others I just laugh with and others I say things like "why not?" It all depends

Last edited:

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    I run into this type of thing a lot. As a sophomore in college, who makes no effort to conceal the fact that I am often playing Pokemon during lectures (I even once in the middle of class while it was quiet exclaimed "Why the piss did I just run from that Jigglypuff!" to which everyone looked at me confused) and I even wrote a research paper about Pokemon, and found a way to mention Magikarp in my comp class last semester, I get asked a lot of questions. I simply say "Hey, the games are awesome. Don't hate on Pokemon, now!" and just go on about drawing Pikachus on dry-erase boards and whatnot. It seems to work. Besides, everyone knows me as a random/crazy person which is part of why I'm cool. Pokémon is to be expected.

Damn, I wish I could meet you. You sound awesome, lmfao.

Well for me, I'd just state my general opinion about pokemon and how it is so awesome, I'd also say, why do you criticize me for playing pokemon, when others smoke crack in their freetime? I'd say Pokemon gives me peace and doesn't allow me to be bored and get into stupid things.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I've already given up on Pokemon. Metaphorically you can think of my connection with Pokemon as an old wooden bridge that's hardly safe to walk across. I do enjoy Pokemon but not the tedious training required in the games.

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    > I know that most of the members here on PC are certified Pokemon fans. So I made this thread to know the response of other members.

>> What if, someone, a family member, a friend or a relative of yours might say ''oh, look at you, you are old but you still love Pokemons''? what will be your response? are you going to state your opinion? It's up to you.

>>> I know that as we grow, our lifestyle and traits change, so as our own ''style'' and we don't know the future of our destiny, right?

>>>> As for me, I will simply reply
    = thanks for your concern, but on this world, people are different from each other, and as a Pokemon fan, I will stay with Pokemon forever...

*bows and exits*

hmm you raise a good point here is waht i would do........

What if, someone, a family member, a friend or a relative of yours might say ''oh, look at you, you are old but you still love Pokemons''?

You sir are a fool and i shall have my revenge!

3 months later

relative hey its been 3 months still no revenge what are you a wuss?
    oh i did not forget and i am not a wuss i have just been working on it

another week

relative walks into school finds a present in his locker opens it to find a black orb says on to to "press me" and tehre is a button *relative presses it* the orb splits into 8 pieces to reveal a charmander spinning around on a platform and then stops and uses flamethrower on my relative then i walk in and say "is pokemon still lame?

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    I've already given up on Pokemon. Metaphorically you can think of my connection with Pokemon as an old wooden bridge that's hardly safe to walk across. I do enjoy Pokemon but not the tedious training required in the games.

I don't get that :/ What do you do with Pokemon then? What do you still do that has a connection with Pokemon?

Back