• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Poll # 14 - It doesn't exist!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • PG General Poll #14

What if Pokemon never existed at all?

Let me reword -- what would you do, or how would your life have been if you haven't heard of pokemon at all, or "Pokemon" didn't exist, meaning that there will be no merchandise; no pokemon games, no pokemon anime, and so on. In fact, you may want to consider this forum, which is about Pokemon in general.

So, what would your life be like if the pokemon franchise didn't exist?

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, for starters, I'd have about an extra 3GB free on my hard drive that's currently occupied by fanart of Leaf from FR/LG (which is seriously my favorite aspect of the franchise). I've cosplayed as her, I've based a character off of her design, and I've basically obsessed over her, so she would be a big element that wouldn't be in my life anymore.

Other than that, I guess I'd have found a different gaming franchise to play, as I would definitely be playing something. Though without Pokemon I might not have been Nintendo-faithful and might have made the move to Playstation or XBox instead of sticking with Nintendo consoles.

I'd probably still have eventually gotten into anime, as Pokemon wasn't really my gateway anime series (and I probably wouldn't be yelling at my TV as much either - I did plenty of that because of the sheer stupidity that often happens onthe Pokemon anime).

As for forums, I don't know what PC would have "specialized" in, in an alternate, no Pokemon universe... I probably would be active on some other forum, probably a general anime one. Which of course would mean I wouldn't have met most of the folks here on PC.

On a final note, if Pokemon didn't exist, I'd probably be obsessing over a cute girl from another anime series rather than Leaf xD

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I watch anime during my "free time," so if I didn't have to be obsessed over pokemon, I'd just watch anime and read more manga.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I wouldn't have spent over $200 on imported video games, not to mention who knows how much on the regular ones. Heck, I may have not even gotten into video games if it were not around. I also wouldn't have bags and stuff packed with cards, or it'd be YGO cards instead. My plushie collection would be reasonably smaller, as would my fanart faves on 'Booru. A few of my usernames would not exist (Pikataro, Kagebouzu, N, Sewaddle). This forum would cease to exist. And because this forum would cease to exist, I would likely have not learned of LJ RPing nor would I have made the friends I have today.

So yeah, a lot rides on the franchise existing :(

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • If Pokémon never existed, I would play sports (namely baseball) more often.

Also, I would stick to playing the PS3 instead of browsing Pokémon forums and stuff. :3

Years
    • VA
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    I wouldn't have gotten into anime, manga or drawing anime-style and i would have about 2GB of free space on my computer that used to be emulators, ROMs and sprites.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • If Pokemon didn't exist, then I would actually miss a huge chunk of my childhood and the fact that most of my pocket money as a child was spent on Pokemon related things. I would save a lot of money.

To add, I would probably be bored to heck if the games didn't exist and there isn't the anime to watch either.

So, if it didn't exist, I would probably be a fan of Digimon Yu-gi-oh.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • I would have never got a Reshiram addiction that lead to a Reshiram / Zekrom fight on facebook and I would have never started to like Zekrom, which the fight is making me desperately apologizing to the Zekrom page, so I can join it, that feud would have never occured. I wouldn't be able to make riding Moltres jokes every time I have a transportation problem, I wouldn't have spent so much $$ on Lugia merchandise, I wouldn't be spending lots of $$ on Reshiram stuff right now, I would have 7 less ringtones on my cell-phone, Reshiram wouldn't be plastered all over my desktop I would have some other theme besides Reshiram. my riding Moltres thingie wouldn't be around, hence I wouldn't have made a song or a mental video game of riding Moltres. umpteen dozen facebook pages I am a fan of wouldn't be there...my favorite user on FurAffinity, Nicobay, wouldn't exist, he does only Pokemon stuff, I am physically attracted to several Pokemon, that may have went somewhere else, and because I pretend my life is an RPG, Mewtwo wouldn't be my strongest member of my team, that would be me, unless the character in mewtwo's place was something stronger than me as well, ANYWAY POKEMON KINDA RUNS MY LIFE RIGHT NOW!!! that wouldn't be true if it never existed... all these things would be affected

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • If Pokémon never existed...

I wouldn't be typing this right now. I would never have joined the non-existing forum called, PokéCommunity. I wouldn't have met the fabulous people I know today (and the not-so-fabulous). I wouldn't be much of a gamer at all; although, I'm not that much of a hardcore gamer anyway. A big portion of my childhood revolving around Pokémon would not be in my memory today, and I would have probably grown up liking something else.

I would more than likely be a very different person today doing other things of interest.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • If Pokemon never existed, I wouldn't be ROM hacking and this community would be nothing. D:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I wouldn't be posted in this thread about this subject that is for sure.

I'd probably spend more time watching other anime and playing other video games. I would also been a couple bucks richer without spending all the money on games through out the years and stuff like link cables, adapters. I may be a little more oriented to Digimon too say the least. Not to say I am not already but to a greater extent. I probably wouldn't have met the people I have and made the friends I have through pokemon forums. And if I wasn't on pokemon forums I would probably be on Megaman Forums, or actually went ahead and bought a Wii and spent all my time with Brawl.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Honestly? My whole life would have been different in some way, shape or form.

It's not that Pokemon is my life and everything, it was just a gateway onto so many other things in my life. My first internet experience was signing up to Nintendo Europe's official Pokemon forum, which not only led me here, but to other areas of the internet that I'd never explored. From then, it just becomes a snowball effect really, as most of the stuff I'm now interested in (especially stuff involving film/TV) I learned about from the internet, and not friends... for the most part. So, without Pokemon... I have no idea what sort of person I'd be.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Whoa. Good queston! I'd probably be playing Zelda, Metroid, or Sonic instead of the time I take for Pokemon playing. And Sonic the Hedgehog would take the place of 3rd place in my favorite game series. Not to mention I'd still have alot of money that I originaly used for my Pokedolls and shirts and games... mainly games. Wow... my life would be completely different...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    If Pokémon never existed...

I wouldn't be typing this right now. I would never have joined the non-existing forum called, PokéCommunity. I wouldn't have met the fabulous people I know today (and the not-so-fabulous). I wouldn't be much of a gamer at all; although, I'm not that much of a hardcore gamer anyway. A big portion of my childhood revolving around Pokémon would not be in my memory today, and I would have probably grown up liking something else.

I would more than likely be a very different person today doing other things of interest.

^

I don't know how far I'd stray from where I am, but if I didn't have Pokemon ever I think I'd be more interested in things like athletics (and while I'm athletic to an extent now, I think the difference would be preeeetty big. :x) and idek what else. Who knows? I'd also probably be missing a lot of the things that Pokemon helped me exercise daily like ~imagination~. I'd have different friends, both irl and online. Heck, I dunno if I'd even be so interested in online things like forums anymore. Would my whole life be different? Probably!

Years
  • First, I'll be obsessing over another game like Mario or perhaps the currently dying out TCG games (Duel Masters etc). And I'll be richer since I wouldn't be buying the versions, the little trinkets (Staks, Kraks etc) and the TCG. So technically, my life is would totally in a different wreck without Pokemon.

Oh and one last important thing, without Pokemon, this forum like others wouldn't have existed! *gasps*

foxninja

On that day, seven years ago..
    Years
  • Things between my friend and I (since I've known since second grade) would probably less awkward, I wouldn't be the gamer I am today unless my parents hid Pokemon Yellow and a Game Boy Advanced SP in a box of socks they got me for my birthday... I thank them silently sometimes. Then again, The hundreds of dollars I have spent on video games... I'd have about two thousand more than I have now. I wouldn't have to hide half of my life away from my 'friends'... My life, honestly, I think would suck. I probably would of went with what my father wanted and continued with soccer, which I was only in for about a year.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I wouldn't have met like... all of my friends, both online and off. ._.;

Well, I'm sure I would have met my high school friends eventually because we have a lot of mutual interests, but most of the interests we have in common (except... Harry Potter, I guess?) were interests I had that came from Pokémon in some way--like anime or video games. :s So I'm not so certain I'd be friends with them.

So yes, I'd have turned out much, much differently if it weren't for Pokémon.

Years
  • If Pokemon didn't exist, my life will be a total different. I mean I am kinda obsessed with Pokemon. I can't go on a day without thinking about it. Umm well, first of all I won't argue with my friends about me being childish by playing Pokemon (Although I would've been obsessed with another anime). Second, I would have more money since I spend half of my money on video games & these stuff. But I am pretty sure that I would be into Digmon or any similar animes. :D

Back