• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Generation 5 Starters Revealed!

Which Starter Has The Best Sprite?

• Grass (Tsutaaja)

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Fire (Pokabu)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Water (Mijumaru)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmn trainer natty

that darn meowth!
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Yikes... idk how I feel about these. xD;; The water one is okay.. I'm really not liking that pig thing. The grass one is alright though but we already had Treecko. sheesh. Hoping this is a hoax.. |D; I guess I'll pick the grass one out of these, but I'm still hoping this is a hoax.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This thread will eventually be merged with the other main thread, but I love the new starters. except for the Grass one... and I have no clue what the Water one is tho. :/

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • be optimistic :)
    be prepared for disappoint, it always helps :P ;)
    Well, I am usually optimistic. That's why I'm disappointed.
    That "be prepared for disappoint" line remind me of the "destroy all expectations" line on the box of "Mortal Kombat Annihilation".

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well, I'm still unsure if I'm even going to play 5th Gen, but if I do I think I'll be switching from Fire to Grass for my starter for my first playthrough, the Grass type looks awesome.
    As for the other two, the Fire type is kinda cute, but the Water type looks like Piplup got smashed in the face 50 times with a baseball bat.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay here are my thoughts!:
    Tsutaaja - Okay im in love with this one :D It looks so damb pwetty! It also looks a bit like a cross of treecko and chickorita!
    Pokabu - It really like this one, i might start out this it, but then again it seems too simple!
    Mijumaru - To be honest I think this one seems too much like piplup.. the figure and everything... but I still like it :D

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    The grass starter's eyes are HUGE! :O
    I can see it turning into some kind of grass dinosaur thing.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    well the starters are much uglier than i expected, i like the grass one though, but lets not be too pesimistic from the start maybe their evolutions look epic, just like piplup, when i saw it at first i thaught it was a chick with blue body paint, but empoleon turned out to be a very elegant water type.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Though I really like the Grass type, after giving them repeated looks, they are quite disappointing, the Fire type even more so than the Water. I mean I hate the Water one but if it was smiling, I might prefer it over the Fire. The Fire is so basic, like I wish it's be something I would like but yet again, I go with the Grass type. I wanted that to be a Duck, it looks good but you can't place a finger on what it is. Baby dino is most likely, but I don't want that. Treecko took that. As for the water, I don;t know what they were thinking, really. Though it's imaginativeness would have worked better on the Fire.

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    The only one I don't like is the Water one, though I can see it turning into something interesting. Maybe a water/ice type? As the for the Grass, I could see it evolving into a Grass/flying, which is a cool type combo. The fire-pig, I could see turning into a large, mean-looking fire/dark-type Boar, with big tusks or something.

There's always potential, and in my opinion they ALL look better then what we got in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Except maybe Torchic.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2010
    Grass type looks awesome,And Fire one is also Cute.But I dissapointed from Water one.I hope their Evolutions will be Epic.And the Characters looks Awesome.

Years
  • ok, after reading that the grass one is going to be a "grass snake" type, and the water one is going to be the "sea otter" type, they could potentially look good at 3rd evolution

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Not sure if I like them or not, but the grass-type starter looks pretty cool (I'm sure its evolutions are going to be awesome). The fire-type starter looks alright I guess, but the water-type starter is the biggest what the heck?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back