• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Go dead?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
  • Dead? No
    Less played? Yes

Summer time is over for most people. So walking around catching Pokemon in the nice summer breeze is a thing we'll have to wait for a few months. Walking in -25°C weather is not fun. School is back so less time for to play as well. Also all those sheeps that never touched a Pokemon game/played a Pokemon game in ages have also lost interest.

Am I still playing? Not like I did in summer, but I still do play. Once spring hits and the nice weather comes back, I will definitely start playing more once again.
    Probably the most on-point wrap up I've seen here.

Years
  • Captain Gizmo has a strong point. GO isn't exactly dead but just not having a lot of players at the moment, although with the new Johto Pokemon update I could see people coming back so they can catch the new Pokemon.

Years
  • On the contrary, it has a huge number of players... you are all just comparing it to the numbers it had in the beginning, when it was the most widely played mobile game in the world. Obviously not every human on the planet is going to continue to play.

Are the 3DS games dead? Because there are probably still more people playing Pokemon GO at any given moment than there are people playing the main games.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2017
    it's basically dead in my area.
    i think the main reason is because it's winter time. 25 degrees F is just a little cold to go walking around town.
    second reason is because nothing new EVER spawns around here.

we have 3 gyms in our town and all 3 are level 10+ Mystic. there is just really no point to even trying to battle them. my son and i sat for over an hour one day and only managed to take it down to level 8.

i was a little excited for this Holiday event. but am just feeling even more disappointed in this game. there was a couple days this week where it warmed up enough so we could get out and walk. a couple days that we rode around in the car. overall i've hatched probably 10-12 eggs. not 1 of the new characters.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I still see people playing it while inside stores, and in my workplace customers and coworkers play it. You don't see it as much outside here right now probably mostly because its cold outside. Inside it still seems common, surprisingly.

Xordios

Xordios
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Lots of the pokemon go hype died when all the fair weather fans dropped out, but it still is out there alot of pokemon fans dont have phones with service so they cant play go so when the bluestacks method stopped working, pokemon go died down even more but there are still lots of people out there

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Every time I go for a longer walk, I tend to have Pokemon Go running because I want to hatch my eggs. I'm pretty much taking a winter break from playing the game though (except for the occasional hatching walk) because it's so cold outside that my hands feel like freezing.

jenette

Jenette
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    If you go to look in your neighborhood or friends, most of the people who just joined Pokemon GO following the hype has stopped playing. But those hardcore Pokemon players who were interested in Pokemon since long times are still seen playing Pokemon GO.

Overall, the trend has been towards downwards, but you can now rest assured that you'll see only players who're genuinely interested in the game and are not playing following the so-called "hype" that the game had caused when it was released.

Back