• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gold and Silver Remake

Tvan

Boiler Up!
    Years
    since the ds runs an updated version of the n64's graphics engine, i figure that the battles could quite possibly be like those in stadium.

Joveeno

Far Away Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Maybe it's better that nintendo makes the remake of G/S/C just like the Emerald version. You know, different stories that can make you get both Groudon and Kyogre (in this case, maybe both Lugia and Ho-oh and some other legendaries). It's also better that in the remake we can go to Hoenn region (considering the game might not be able to trade with GBA).

Shinin

Banned
    Years
    Joveeno said:
    Maybe it's better that nintendo makes the remake of G/S/C just like the Emerald version. You know, different stories that can make you get both Groudon and Kyogre (in this case, maybe both Lugia and Ho-oh and some other legendaries). It's also better that in the remake we can go to Hoenn region (considering the game might not be able to trade with GBA).

You most likely will be able to trade between R/S/FR/LG/E and D/P. They wouldn't make us mad again.

Years
    the thing is Gold sun and silver sea i would amagine would not have new pokemon and would be for the GBA plus they would need an equivilant to the sevii islands like an orange leauge

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    yeah, but unfortunatley for all you g/s/c fans, i don't think game freak and creatures is focusing too much on making a g/s/c remake. i think they have their hands full with diamond and pearl, but mayb after they're done..........................and yeah, there would be some extras to add in if they do a g/s/c remake, but mayb the S.S. Aqua taking you to new islands...........or a new zone? (equilivant to teh sevii islands?)

Tvan

Boiler Up!
    Years
    the g/s/c remake would probably occur only if jhoto was not an included region in pearl/diamond. imho, g/s/c is by far the best gen. of pokemon to date because of it's length and the nostalgia factor (kanto.) it would be a shame if nintendo moved on without bringing the series back to jhoto. besides, at least the pokemon in g/s/c resemble those from the original 151.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2005
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will be totally new game not some stupid remake. It has been confirmed that they will be new games in a new land with completely new pokemon. :snea:

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2005
    I agree if i they are a remake i probably would buy them....../ *thinks*___________ well i might just to see what they're like.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    Cool! Diamond & Pearl, new land, new pokemon?! Can't wait for its releass. I wish I had a DS...

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    I hope that if its a remake of pokemon gold/silver, they put at least 1 more region and you start in that region.Kanto was too quick if you already had pokemon like lugia at level 70.And people who played pokemon red/blue would know what type of pokemon some gym leaders would have.If its not a remake of Gold/Silver, i hope that they put first, second and third generation pokemon in it.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    OK, i thought Pokemaster Jonathan cleared this up, but i guess i was wrong.

DIAMOND AND PEARL WILL NOT BE A GOLD AND SILVER REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT IT WILL BE A NEW SERIES WITH NEW POKEMON IN A NEW LAND AND A NEW ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO FAR THERE HAS BEEN NO RUMORS (besides here) AND BY FAR NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS THAT NINTENDO IS MAKING A GOLD/SILVER REMAKE!!!!!

*whew* sorry about the yelling, guess i just read one to many of those. Anyways, yeah that would be cool IF they made a remake and if they would have all generation pokemon in it (imagine breeding some 3rd gen. with some 2nd gen. :-)

Years
    Nintendo did mention that they were releasing another GBA game alongside Diamond/Pearl. It seems more reasonable that this game could be a G/S/C remake, and 4G, and it could even have a few 4G exclusives. ;)

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    I read somewhere an interview with an important guy of pok?mon games!!

He was telling that the games go by 3 years things, example R/B/Y 3 years, then cames G/S/C 3 years, then came R/S/FR/LG and now with Emerald, the 3 years will close, and will come a new generation of Pok?mon games!!!!

Basing on this I say that Diamond & Pearl will be part of a new generation, with new Pok?mon, a new world, and... cnnection to Advance generation games, much like the Color and Metal generations had!!

Years
    Nicks said:
    I wont buy it, reason being, i only bought FR/LG, becasue of the new breeding stuff, and if it cant trade to Sapphire i wont buy it!
    duh of course you can't trade to sapphire cause its a ds game ??

Actually I would rather see a yellow remake then a G/S

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    Blazey boy said:
    duh of course you can't trade to sapphire cause its a ds game ??

actually you could. the ds has something built in where it can connect a gba cartridge and a ds cartridge together, to enable trading like in this instance.

Back