• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Green in 5 minutes?!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Of course it's not real. Notice it go from Green graphics to G/S/C graphics? That would never happen. Even if it was real, though, that would take all the fun out of the game...

Senjistar

Dazzling ;)
    Years
  • Whats the point in playing it for such a short amount of time? I doubt people play pokemon to have two crappy battles.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Wait, this could very well be real. Apparently I wasn't doing it correctly my first time around, but I still havn't mananged to finish the glitch. I have talked to the guy who gives you your first item, went to the mart to get Oak's item, got to Pallett town, opened my bag, selected Oak's item and closed the bag, walked thru the grass, encountered a wild Pidgey, looked at my party, hit Select and A (I think), it glitched a little, pressed B, continued battling, knocked out the Pidgey, then Charmander's HP bar grew ridiculously (like in the videos). I tried walking about Gary's sister's house and going in, but nothing happened; I think it takes an exact number of steps. Later, I looked at my Charmander's summary, but it changed into a lv.2 Charizard with IDNo.00000 and no OT.

Last edited:

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    I'd doubt it.
    Like Senjistar said, why would people want to spend money for two battles?
    >.>

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • Like everyone has said, its probably a big time glitch. I have just had pokemon pearl glitches. So yeah.. Its funny non the less :D

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • PHAIL
    even if it is real, why?
    it seems kinda pointless to me.
    Well, some people find glitches amusing in some sort of way. It's not like they use them just to say that they beat the game, it's just kind of funny to find programming mistakes/oddities and exploit them. In this one game called The Secret of Monkey Island, there's a "cheat" where you can hit ctrl-w and have this prompt come up that says "Are you sure you want to win?" You don't really win the game that way, it's just amusing.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I could probably test if this is real with my japanese Red version, looks stupidly fake to me though.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • I could probably test if this is real with my japanese Red version, looks stupidly fake to me though.

Actually it works xD. I just tested it. Lol it's a very unncessary glitch but funny too^^

Your Charmander turns into a glitch Lv. 2 Charizard with the Cry of a Psiduck.

But afer the glitch the game is messed up.

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • How bad does it glitch up?

Well in battles you don't see any attack anymore in your attack box. Also the expanded HP bar is still there and in battle there are several sprite glicthes. Also Porf. Oak is always in Pallet Town where he appears first (on the right of the heros house).
    I just played it a lil. I only faught against a Rattata Lv. 2 after the league.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Oh man, I want to do this now..

I've got Charmander's health to go up..

I'll go step for step with the guy in the video and save after.

EDIT: The game is pretty screwed up now, this is entirely awesome.

Last edited:
    Back