• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Green Tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    They just did, you need four screenshots of distinct change.

EDIT: OH yeah, does anyone know how to change the pallete in UNLZ GBA, because I'm trying to upload a Rattata with a Raticate's Pallete

Last edited:

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Because I made my original Rabit (rattata) from Raticate's pallete, because that's how it was planned on my paperwork.
    Then I tryed to insert it into UNLZ GBA, with Raticate's Pallete offset, but it just screwed up.

I was also wondering if there was anyway to change the pallete of a Pokemon, let's say, that Paper Mario Redux, how can people change the pallete of a Pokemon? (because Mario has blue, goomba has brown, etc)

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes.. -BUMP-
    Added a new video, about the Team Flora Event that is happening in SPOOKY WOODS CAVE. There was something I didn't fix at the end, such as the Person ID, and a msgbox. But enjoy!

This video also means that my Beta/Alpha/Whatever it is is coming soon! :) Just need to:

1. Investigate and fix why my hidesprite 0x7 is not working
    2. Sprite 10 more battle pics and 11 more backsprites
    3. Icon (darnit) 32 more Icon frames.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Your Scripts are cool, but you could try improving your Maps, as they look quite empty. And in case you haven't realized, you forgot to change "Team Rocket Goon" to "Team Flora Goon". And by the way, your Fakemon are kinda cool too. Good luck with this, Qwerty.

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's not that I forgot, it's that A-Trainer won't let me, thanks for the compliments, and I'll try to improve on my maps.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I've got some help for you...

1. In the hidesprite script, you have a setflag so that the event doesn't repeat itself, right? Change the person ID of whoever you're hiding to the number of the flag you've set. This also works for making people in a certain area appear or disappear. You could have somebody blocking the road, set their person ID to 801, and when you come back through with the first badge they should be gone! Or, set a flag early on and have people with that person ID. They'll be invisible until you clear the flag.

2. You can edit pallets with APE (Advanced Pallet Editor) but you should be able to just click the little box in unLZ that says "Import Pallet". Be sure you have the boxes "Automatically Fix Pointers" and "Abort if not enough room" checked as well, or you could really screw your ROM. Oh, and the first color in your pallet is always the background color.

3. The problem with the sprites isn't the shading, it's the sprites themselves. They're a little... poorly drawn. The second evo of the fire starter is great, except for where you tried to make his legs crossed. You should've just had him standing with them kind of spread.

Hope this helps, good luck with the hack!

Last edited:

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've got some help for you...

1. In the hidesprite script, you have a setflag so that the event doesn't repeat itself, right? Change the person ID of whoever you're hiding to the number of the flag you've set. This also works for making people in a certain area appear or disappear. You could have somebody blocking the road, set their person ID to 801, and when you come back through with the first badge they should be gone! Or, set a flag early on and have people with that person ID. They'll be invisible until you clear the flag.

2. You can edit pallets with APE (Advanced Pallet Editor) but you should be able to just click the little box in unLZ that says "Import Pallet". Be sure you have the boxes "Automatically Fix Pointers" and "Abort if not enough room" checked as well, or you could really screw your ROM. Oh, and the first color in your pallet is always the background color.

3. The problem with the sprites isn't the shading, it's the sprites themselves. They're a little... poorly drawn. The second evo of the fire starter is great, except for where you tried to make his legs crossed. You shouldn've just had him standing with them kind of spread.

Hope this helps, good luck with the hack!

1. For one of the scripts, I want Gary to disappear, and in another script I just need him to appear. The appearing one is one of my videos, and the hidesprite doesn't work for me. Can I make a sprite re-appear even after its person ID flag is set?

2. I'm probably not gonna do any of that for a while. I tried something off another Tutorial, and my game froze everytime I went to that Pokemon!

3. Yeah, I know they aren't the best, but I'm trying my best (or just not putting enough effort in). But they're not the worst either.

Thanks for constructive critism, and I'll try the flag thingy!

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • 1. For one of the scripts, I want Gary to disappear, and in another script I just need him to appear. The appearing one is one of my videos, and the hidesprite doesn't work for me. Can I make a sprite re-appear even after its person ID flag is set?

Yes, just clear the flag. Are you wanting him to reappear in the same place, using the same sprite? Also, are you going to give the player freedom to move after making him reappear? Because clearing the flag would make it possible for the previous event in which he disappeared happen again... IMO you're better off using two sprites of him. Just set an extra flag early especially for this, set it to the second one's person ID, and then clear it to make the second Gary appear.

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    No, I'll test it out, because I only the Gary2 to appear in a script. (Cry for Help) So it shouldn't be that hard.

Thanks for the tips!

EDIT: Wow! Thanks, it actually worked, I just used a useless flag and it worked.

Now only few more things:

Major: Spriting

Minor: Something messed with tiles in LUSHVILLE, Team Flora Stuff, and the Gym.

Wow, Beta/Alpha 1 is coming fast!

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Fringnets sprite is pretty awesome...Also I really like Maskegs (sp?) sprite...Good Luck.

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks, but Firgnet's not in anymore, it's Firoy. Can't wait huh, a download will be out soon.

PS. I'm uploading videos to youtube right now.

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Haha, added some videos that have some errors. They are as listed:
    1. Pokedex does not disappear (who cares?)
    2. Can't run in Scarlet City (why?)
    3. Obtained 0 Great Balls (fixed)
    4. Cut Human Trees (fixed)
    5. Did not change Spearow's Sprites or Dirtramp's Back Sprites (fixed
    6. Top Vinnie does no disappear (Pre-Beta 5/fixed)
    7. No Playsong in Help script (fixed)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Haha, added some videos that have some errors. They are as listed:
    1. Pokedex does not disappear (who cares?)
    2. Can't run in Scarlet City (why?)
    3. Obtained 0 Great Balls (fixed)
    4. Cut Human Trees (fixed)
    5. Did not change Spearow's Sprites or Dirtramp's Back Sprites (fixed
    6. Top Vinnie does no disappear (Pre-Beta 5/fixed)
    7. No Playsong in Help script (fixed)
    Awww man...Oh well thats too bad about Fringnet (sp)

But Uh I have these two sprites from Way long ago. Its a fakemon called Kungion (a half fight/grass onion ) you can have it if you like..jus credit

Kungion.png
    SKungion.png

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe I can use for a trainer:
    MUTATED MAN [insert name here] would like to battle.
    Also, on the videos, the audio's coming late due to frame skip.

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes! Updated some new sprites, now only have 5 back sprites and 3 front sprites to go!
    Oh yeah, does anyone know how to insert icons by using wordpad and paint, because it just takes too long to edit the icons in icon editor.
    Also, my game won't "boot up."
    Everytime I open up my rom in VBA, it goes to a blank screen, does anyone know why?

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, I tried that, but it doesn't work.
    Also, some videos are coming in about an hour.

5qwerty

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, okay. Thanks, and do you know about the icon thing, because I really hate using Icon editor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back