• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon GS is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey Mooshy, I'm usually a big fan of G/S Remakes, and I think this game gives us some good promises. I wish you luck with this project! If you need any help, feel free to ask!

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Mooshy, Wonderful Progress! I like the way you made the story.Gd Luc man!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • Well, Just read you thread on Game Development Hardships and thought I'd drop by and give another review of GS.

Font: I think the Font's fine as it is. I don't think the Pokemon font would look good if you switched it anyway because the way you have you messages set up(color, design, etc.).

Resolution: If you want your resolution to be 480x320, then go ahead and change it, but if you like it the way it is, then keep it that way. You try to please the public as much as you can, but if you yourself are not pleased, then what's the point? Plus, I know changing it would cause major bugs in events, due to pictures, etc.

Title Screen: I really like your title screen a lot. The one thing I would change would be the "Press Enter" message, 'cause you can't really see it.

Battle Intro: I like your battle intro because it's unique, no other game has that, Team Magma and Aqua are close in Emerald, but it's not the same as the big "GS".lol

I can't wait to hear the music for this game, and if you need someone to help design a webpage for you, I'm always here. I noticed it's not that appealing when you get to it, but that's not so important if you don't care about looks, just offering.XD

Well, Hope to see you finish this game, so we can all enjoy it, and you can own a finished product.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Well, Just read you thread on Game Development Hardships and thought I'd drop by and give another review of GS.

Thank you, for both reading my thread, and posting here again.

Font: I think the Font's fine as it is. I don't think the Pokemon font would look good if you switched it anyway because the way you have you messages set up(color, design, etc.).

You know, I agree there, I've never seen the problem with the font, except for the fact that the Pokemon Fonts have the "PokeYen" symbol, I'd probably use Tahoma or something like that. (Most Likely Tahoma because Dubealex's Advanced Message System uses it {unedited})

Resolution: If you want your resolution to be 480x320, then go ahead and change it, but if you like it the way it is, then keep it that way. You try to please the public as much as you can, but if you yourself are not pleased, then what's the point? Plus, I know changing it would cause major bugs in events, due to pictures, etc.

I do prefer the 640x480. I never liked the 480x320 because to me, it's too small. (Most Likely, I'll play GS in Fullscreen anyway, like with RM2K3)

And I'm trying to please people, because my game seems to be the only one that gets and has gotten constant "constructive criticism."

Title Screen: I really like your title screen a lot. The one thing I would change would be the "Press Enter" message, 'cause you can't really see it.

Got it! The Title Screen is due for a possible change anyway, I need a few things I need to do to it. (And that is for my preferences)

Battle Intro: I like your battle intro because it's unique, no other game has that, Team Magma and Aqua are close in Emerald, but it's not the same as the big "GS".lol

Great! And that's only the beginning, Gym Leaders, Variations of Trainers, Elite Four, Neo Team Rocket, and another evil team that appears in Sevii will have their own intros.

I can't wait to hear the music for this game, and if you need someone to help design a webpage for you, I'm always here. I noticed it's not that appealing when you get to it, but that's not so important if you don't care about looks, just offering.XD

Well, if you promise not to release it, you can hear it. (I need someone with musical talent to review it anyway)

And, I'd easily take up that offer.

Well, Hope to see you finish this game, so we can all enjoy it, and you can own a finished product.

Thanks again

Mooshykris

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • Well, if you promise not to release it, you can hear it.

Believe me, I don't release or use anything without the author's permission because I know how long it takes to do something and get it stolen from you like that(snaps my finger). Plus, people who steal resources are only hurting themselves in the long run, cause eventually there will be nobody to steal from and they won't know how to make their own stuff, cause all they did was steal.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • In Pokemon GS, the game's soundtrack is expanded beyond belief. There are currently over 300 themes!
    wow..is that needed?
    well if they are small files (-40Ks) them i wouldnt mind..
    my internet sometimes lags..

anyway keep it up

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2009
    Looks good your tiles are pretty good and when you enter a new town and it describes it thats a good feature

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Well, he's more than likely using midi files and they're usually only a few Kb's in size(literally)

Actully, no. I'm not using MIDIs. Although, I'm not using MP3s, WAVs, or OGGs either.

I'm using MO3s, which is a special, loopable form of MOD file. These files range between 100-500kb, usually about 150kb. These files also won't run on RMXP without my "Extended Music Script" (Well, the MO3 compatibility was done by someone else, I just added USF, NSF, and In_Cube to it)

Mooshykris

j.a

awesomenesses!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    request

can i do the pokemon and trainer sprites cause i can do pokemon front sprites of fution pokemon and i can do custom trainers:)

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Actully, no. I'm not using MIDIs. Although, I'm not using MP3s, WAVs, or OGGs either.

I'm using MO3s, which is a special, loopable form of MOD file. These files range between 100-500kb, usually about 150kb. These files also won't run on RMXP without my "Extended Music Script" (Well, the MO3 compatibility was done by someone else, I just added USF, NSF, and In_Cube to it)

Mooshykris
    I hope you realize that, based on what you said, just the music alone will be a huge download for your game. Take this example:

150kb*300files=45000kb, or approximately 45 megabytes. There's a tutorial on how to loop the midi files, I think its in the tutorials section here. Either that or its in the tutorials at creationasylum.

Otherwise, this seems to be shaping up into an AWESOME game!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    There's a tutorial on how to loop the midi files, I think its in the tutorials section here.

Hmmmmm... You don't say...

Oh yeah, I remember that tutorial well...

Next time read the thread carefully, because you missed an important detail: I MADE THE TUTORIAL!

And, I do know very well about file sizes, but what's more important? Super Compact? Or Quality?

Mooshykris

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    A mix of both, probably. Personally, I wouldn't bother downloading a big file, but I've seen people complaining about a 18mb demo... so...

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • this game looks really intresting and i give you 95% as a rating

Please don't revive threads more than a month old. It's against the rules. Incidentally, I see that I need to get to a reply in this this thread, so:

Hmmmmm... You don't say...

Oh yeah, I remember that tutorial well...

Next time read the thread carefully, because you missed an important detail: I MADE THE TUTORIAL!

And, I do know very well about file sizes, but what's more important? Super Compact? Or Quality?

Mooshykris

I'm sorry if I sounded rude with that comment, but I was only trying to help. People complein about the littlest things, and, the bigger the download, the more complaints you'll get. Especially since some people use wireless connections, which aren't continuous, and that can cancel the download halfway through. I have a direct connection, and it STILL happens to me. If you want to make it that big, just make sure it's in seperate downloads. You may get complaints from that, but it's better than forcing people out of the loop with a huge download that they can't finish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back