• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon gym enhancements!

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    Meh, I always knew he was a guy even when I was a little kid playing G/S/C. He just looks really girly and I'm sure a lot of old fans would get angry if they just all of a sudden changed his gender for no reason at all...

i think the majority of old fans thought he was a girl...which explains all of the said "LOLZ BUGGSY ARE A BOYZ!!?"

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Aww, what? Merged? Oh well. But yeah, I've known Bugsy was originally a boy, and that a sex change, as it were, would be nigh-on unacceptable. But this is fiction we're talking about, and I've seen some creepy fanfics involving "switched-around" characters. It would be more subtle if it happened, of course, and everyone would speak of Bugsy as female as if he was always a she. A simple foundation shift.

NintendoWalkthrudude

Creator of Pokemon Ninja!
    Years
    Pokemon gym enhancements!

For one his face is a guy's face, the hair not so much, but it would be if it wasn't purple.

The body structure is male because there isn't any feminine curves displayed.

He is in a manly pose btw lol!

Also, I think the only thing misleading is his short shorts and his light green uniform. Some guys like that, I do not, but to each his own.

At least it is not as bad as that one guy in Naruto around the Bridge part that looked and sounded like a girl but wasn't.

The name does sound odd as well.

Now here is from the anime/cartoon, his face is a guy's face just the hair is very misleading. Honestly the people that think he is a girl do not spend much time around people. If he was a girl he would have curves like:

Although this only shows the girl trainer near the right side, she is about the same age, maybe younger than Bugsy. If Bugsy was a girl he would have a slight slope on his sides and minor cleavage.

I hope I cleared all of your confusion, if not attack a few more times and it should ware off just don't hurt yourself in the process.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I get that personally, but it was half a joke to begin with... And yes, the sprites, etc. should be enough to clue you in that he is a he. The only thing I really pointed out was that his Pokemon defaulted female, instead of male as in the original games, and that is a trait associated with female in-game trainers.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    buggsy is a girl.she i just really homely and has a man's face.this causes her to be extremely self confident,and explains why instead of owning cute normals like whitney or elegant grass types like erika she play in the dirt with bugs.she i also very underdeveloped adding more to her low self esteem and suggest to as why she wears no make up or form fitting clothing she just doesn't care anymore.she accepts the bugs while others don't because they accept her in all her unattractiveness.and as for pose you say?well wouldn't you stand like a proud man if all you had to your being were your skills of battling bug pokemon and battling with them gave yuo a true escape form the fact that you would proabably never b e physically attractive?one day she will evolve form the hideous metapod she is to a wonderful butterfree.
    lol

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    buggsy is a girl.she i just really homely and has a man's face.this causes her to be extremely self confident,and explains why instead of owning cute normals like whitney or elegant grass types like erika she play in the dirt with bugs.she i also very underdeveloped adding more to her low self esteem and suggest to as why she wears no make up or form fitting clothing she just doesn't care anymore.she accepts the bugs while others don't because they accept her in all her unattractiveness.and as for pose you say?well wouldn't you stand like a proud man if all you had to your being were your skills of battling bug pokemon and battling with them gave yuo a true escape form the fact that you would proabably never b e physically attractive?one day she will evolve form the hideous metapod she is to a wonderful butterfree.
    lol

If you're joking:
    Spoiler:

If you're not:
    Spoiler:

Back