• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
  • dud seriously thats not the way to go. continue the project till the end. its probally some douche who wants you to feel bad or they are jelous. i mean no comment, no explanation then the game isnt bad. (though i havent tried it for my self because ive been offaouly busy with my game and life.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • HOf, I'm sorry to hear that you may not be continuing on Pokecommunity :( But I would like tyo see this game finished and up and running :) When you find your new place could you pm me the site link or email me; [email protected]

Just gonna download the new version now, l hope to play soon as :)

Libie

pizzazzical
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2008
    Hi!

Firstly, don't leave. Idiots give ratings of 1, and you know it's an idiot because the person didn't stay and explain maturely what he found wrong with the game. They're just pranking you to try and lower your overall rating, people with no life do that and it's not a big deal. It doesn't mean that they hate the game, in fact they probably didn't even look at the thread and just clicked on a whim.

(read the first page, ignore this bit)

Thank you!

Libie

pizzazzical
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2008
    Hi, it's me again lol

I'm stuck at Mandarin Island (North). I've beaten Tracey and Cissy and now I have no idea what to do! You need a special key thing to open the door in the Lightning co. building. I explored all the other islands (and I mean all of them!) but everywhere seems to be a dead-end: you can't get into the Sunburst cave, the Fossil cave, the Phantom ship, or anywhere really. Even the next gym leader doesn't seem to be in. Also, I talked to the Snorlax on the Grapefruit island and it vanished... are we supposed to chase it, like in the anime? Because I can't find it anymore xD And the Ruby girl didn't say anything about it having left, so...

Sorry if this is really stupid, but I am pathetically lost! Perhaps if you could put a website up or have the in-game people tell you the next island to go to.

Thanks!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Home
    • Seen May 10, 2021
    Hall Of Famer,
    Your project looks very good. You provide excellent updates and don't take off from your own thread.
    I don't see why you would just quit (even though your not giving up the project)
    If you honestly feel that way then take a break. You will be letting down people if you do.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Hi, it's me again lol

I'm stuck at Mandarin Island (North). I've beaten Tracey and Cissy and now I have no idea what to do! You need a special key thing to open the door in the Lightning co. building. I explored all the other islands (and I mean all of them!) but everywhere seems to be a dead-end: you can't get into the Sunburst cave, the Fossil cave, the Phantom ship, or anywhere really. Even the next gym leader doesn't seem to be in. Also, I talked to the Snorlax on the Grapefruit island and it vanished... are we supposed to chase it, like in the anime? Because I can't find it anymore xD And the Ruby girl didn't say anything about it having left, so...

Sorry if this is really stupid, but I am pathetically lost! Perhaps if you could put a website up or have the in-game people tell you the next island to go to.

Thanks!

Well, the lightning key is inside the Lightning co. building for sure so don't try exploring other islands. You may have to find a secret switch for a teleport point that would transfer you into a locked room, where you will beat the weird scientist to obtain the Lightning key. For as far as I can tell you, the secret switch is on the 3rd floor as well so this makes it easier for you to discover it. Those are the advices I can give to you and please tell me if you still have trouble figuring out what to do with the lightning Co. event. I'll probably write a walkthrough after the entire Orange Islands region is made. Have a good time!

Hall Of Famer,
    Your project looks very good. You provide excellent updates and don't take off from your own thread.
    I don't see why you would just quit (even though your not giving up the project)
    If you honestly feel that way then take a break. You will be letting down people if you do.

Thank you for saying this. The main reason why I'm considering transferring my work onto another website is that I need to seek helps from someone who knows how to help with the graphic issues(There's still no one working as the spriter or animation editor for my game project). I'm still not sure what to do now(I may need to find another website as good as Pokecommunity before locking this thread though) but Inmoosewetrust will keep updating the game processes here so don't worry.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2012
    can someone upload this game to a mirror link? i cant download it from rapidshare >.<

Atomic Reactor

well if your going to let inoosewetrust keep updating... than wtf is the point in leaving 0_o
    (you wont find a site as good as this anyway :P)
    what exactly do you need for graphics anyway?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Yeah you shouldn't leave because of a single idiot in a sea of not-idiots (O_o). So I sincerely hope you reconsider leaving.

Libie

pizzazzical
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2008
    Well, the lightning key is inside the Lightning co. building for sure so don't try exploring other islands. You may have to find a secret switch for a teleport point that would transfer you into a locked room, where you will beat the weird scientist to obtain the Lightning key. For as far as I can tell you, the secret switch is on the 3rd floor as well so this makes it easier for you to discover it. Those are the advices I can give to you and please tell me if you still have trouble figuring out what to do with the lightning Co. event. I'll probably write a walkthrough after the entire Orange Islands region is made. Have a good time!

Thanks a lot! xD The switch was quite well concealed. Maybe you should put a guard in front of it like the Celadon Rocket guy? Then it'd be a bit easier for people to know where to look :)

Erm, in thanks I'd like to report a bug! :D At the Satsuma, if you exit before you used up your steps/Safari balls, then the guy asks you if you're done. If you say "no", you go back in through the door... into a place where there's just your character on a black background, and you're stuck and can't move! If you restart the game it's fine, and if you say "yes" to the guy's question you're fine too. It's only if you re-enter the Satsuma that it goes all funny. This might apply to the Fuschia Safari too, I haven't tried.

Also some of the graphics are a bit funny, I noticed in particular Pidgeot's back sprite is about 2 pixels up from where it should be and Pidgey's (front) one is way too far up xD But I don't really catch many Pokemon so I haven't noticed any others :)

Finally, could I just ask, what types are the Undead Pokemon weak to? Because the female rival's Aerodactyl gives me a haard time :'( lol

Thank you, this is an excellent game!

EDIT One final glitch: if you go into the Mandarin Island (North) Pokemart, when you come out, you're magically teleported to Mikan Island! I don't know if you need to talk to the shopkeeper specifically or if you just need to go in and come out though. Weird one lol.

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • well if your going to let inoosewetrust keep updating... than wtf is the point in leaving 0_o
    (you wont find a site as good as this anyway :P)
    what exactly do you need for graphics anyway?

Well I didn't request Inmoosewetrust to keep updating the thread if I leave, it was him who claimed that he wouldn't leave Pokecommunity and would try to keep this project alive in this forum though.

For the graphic issue, I do need three things badly --- The D/P bag screens, D/P window skins and D/P summary skin. It would be good if I can implement the D/P battle system as well, but it's not just about the graphics. I may have to edit the scripts to fulfill this update and I wonder if I'm capable of doing this. It seems that you have some custom D/P graphics? Please send them to me if you have and I'd like to do anything in return.]

can someone upload this game to a mirror link? i cant download it from rapidshare >.<

Inmoosewetrust will possibly upload the game project onto Megaupload after he finishes the modification of Kanto and Orange Islands Pokedex. Hopefully you'll get a downloadable link soon.

Thanks a lot! xD The switch was quite well concealed. Maybe you should put a guard in front of it like the Celadon Rocket guy? Then it'd be a bit easier for people to know where to look :)

Erm, in thanks I'd like to report a bug! :D At the Satsuma, if you exit before you used up your steps/Safari balls, then the guy asks you if you're done. If you say "no", you go back in through the door... into a place where there's just your character on a black background, and you're stuck and can't move! If you restart the game it's fine, and if you say "yes" to the guy's question you're fine too. It's only if you re-enter the Satsuma that it goes all funny. This might apply to the Fuschia Safari too, I haven't tried.

Also some of the graphics are a bit funny, I noticed in particular Pidgeot's back sprite is about 2 pixels up from where it should be and Pidgey's (front) one is way too far up xD But I don't really catch many Pokemon so I haven't noticed any others :)

Finally, could I just ask, what types are the Undead Pokemon weak to? Because the female rival's Aerodactyl gives me a haard time :'( lol

Thank you, this is an excellent game!

EDIT One final glitch: if you go into the Mandarin Island (North) Pokemart, when you come out, you're magically teleported to Mikan Island! I don't know if you need to talk to the shopkeeper specifically or if you just need to go in and come out though. Weird one lol.

Good to see you accomplished the Lightning Co. event and get the game going again! For the glitch within the Safari zone, there's a possibility that it's from the game system or the starterkit, but I'll try my best to fix this bug in future releases. I also noticed that the D/P Pidgey sprites don't fit well with the current game battling system so I may have to get a new sprite for some specific Pokemon. Btw, I already fixed the glitch for the Mandarin North Pokemart event, I'm very sorry for this...

As you may wonder, the Undead type is supereffective against Bio types(Normal, Fighting, Flying, Bug) and Poison type, but weak to Fire, Ghost, Dark and Holy types. Almost all the Physical attacks are not so effective against Undead type except for Ghost attacks. Therefore, Undead is actually a fairly strong type but it also has many weaknesses. If you're having trouble beating that Aerodactyl, try using Ghost type and Dark type moves and you'll find its weakness.

Thank you for your interest in Pokemon HOF, I wish you have a good time playing this fan game!

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

It seems that you have some custom D/P graphics? Please send them to me if you have and I'd like to do anything in return.
    What? Who said i had DP graphics 0_o
    You can easily find them at Spriters Resource. and it isn't that hard to edit those screens.

Atomic Reactor

well then, dont worry about it right now. save it for the final release.

Libie

pizzazzical
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2008
    Hello!

Thanks for your reply :) Unfortunately, I'm stuck again! *wince* Sorry :(

Erm, I got the crystal from the Sunburst cave, beat Olga, etc. etc., and now I'm stuck because Marianne is on Moro Island and the Phantom ship is closed off, and Danny is off-bounds till I become his friend xD I must be the lamest person ever, but I really like the game so getting stuck is a bit of a dead-end lol. Please help!

Another minor bug is that on Kinnow Island, when you open the map/try to fly, for some reason the map is one of Kanto and not of the Orange Islands, which means you need to fly to Valencia and then to whatever Orange Island you want. Not major, but I suppose you'd like to know about things like this?

That's all I think, thanks a lot for the tip on Aerodactyl, since my Blastoise is now part rock-type he gets knocked about by Earthquake *wince* So does that mean that fire-type attacks are now normal effectiveness on Aero?

Also, I think that since Ninetales is part psychic-type, it should be able to learn Psychic *hinthint* :) Just a suggestion, since it's my fave Pokemon, but having a second STAB would be useful! xD

Thanks!

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    i'd give your game 7/10 because of 1 reason and 1 only the maps/layouts some of them arent done right for example in the second floor of your house you have shaded tiles all over wich doesnt look right and a few other errors like that. i see no problem with game play and i love the story kinda like mine... but that game has to look good just as much as being fun!!!! so keep up the good work and always check your work

and this is important!!! next time you provide a download you might not wanna Keep the project file and the TEXT files in the download folder you dont need these to be there for people to play this is just 4 your eyes unless you dont mind people mooching off your hard work which i know you should... Bottomline dont let people see/steal your work, dont leave, and keep this game updated!!! :D

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Hello!

Thanks for your reply Unfortunately, I'm stuck again! *wince* Sorry

Erm, I got the crystal from the Sunburst cave, beat Olga, etc. etc., and now I'm stuck because Marianne is on Moro Island and the Phantom ship is closed off, and Danny is off-bounds till I become his friend xD I must be the lamest person ever, but I really like the game so getting stuck is a bit of a dead-end lol. Please help!

Another minor bug is that on Kinnow Island, when you open the map/try to fly, for some reason the map is one of Kanto and not of the Orange Islands, which means you need to fly to Valencia and then to whatever Orange Island you want. Not major, but I suppose you'd like to know about things like this?

That's all I think, thanks a lot for the tip on Aerodactyl, since my Blastoise is now part rock-type he gets knocked about by Earthquake *wince* So does that mean that fire-type attacks are now normal effectiveness on Aero?

Also, I think that since Ninetales is part psychic-type, it should be able to learn Psychic *hinthint* Just a suggestion, since it's my fave Pokemon, but having a second STAB would be useful! xD

Thanks!

I'm sorry to learn that you're stuck in the game again. Did you battle with a Crystal Onix after obtaining the Crystal? Did you explore the Fossil Cave on a Deserted Island? Did you accomplish the Showboat Event? You may have to finish those things first before reaching Danny(though you needn't have to become his friend in order to challenge him) and the Phantom Ship. Please inform me if you still have questions or ideas.

For the small glitch you point out, well, it's actually not a bug though. The reason why you can't fly between those East Orange Islands is that the regional map isn't completed yet. Inmoosewetrust is currently working on this project so we'll release a patch when we have it finished. I'm sure you won't be bothered by this in future releases.

As you may have noticed. We've been trying to make it a more balanced game but would require more skills and tactics to play. Several pokemon's details have been completely changed due to this fact. For instance, Aerodactyl is Undead/Dragon type Pokemon in this game so it's considerably strong(and you're right, fire type attack cast normal damage on Aerodactyl). Besides, I do realize that we need to modify some pokemon moves after the modification and Inmoosewetrust already did that for Generation I pokemon. Ninetale therefore should be able to learn Psychic moves but you may have to raise it to higher level(like level 60 or something). Don't worry, your Ninetale will become stronger once it's leveled up!

Have a good time, hope you enjoy playing this fan game!

Libie

pizzazzical
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2008
    Hello, sorry to cause you so much trouble xD

OMG I was so dumb, forgot to check the fossil cave! Sorry for being blonde! (No offense to blondes, and I actually have black hair so it's even more embarrassing lol)

Yeah, the reason I pointed the map thing out is that if I recall correctly, you can fly using the Orange Islands map from every island except Kinnow, even Golden Island which I think is farther east than Kinnow?

Okay, the type things are good to know. The reason I said that was that I tried to teach Psychic the TM to Ninetales and it didn't work! lol But I'm glad it'll be able to learn psychic-type moves, I was worried that since it's a stone-evolution Pokemon it wouldn't learn any new moves (hence me trying the TM!).

Thanks!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • That's all I think, thanks a lot for the tip on Aerodactyl, since my Blastoise is now part rock-type he gets knocked about by Earthquake *wince* So does that mean that fire-type attacks are now normal effectiveness on Aero?

Also, I think that since Ninetales is part psychic-type, it should be able to learn Psychic *hinthint* :) Just a suggestion, since it's my fave Pokemon, but having a second STAB would be useful! xD

Thanks!

Ditto to what Hall Of Famer said.

The Pokemon modifications are still a work in progress. I'm testing out a lot of the modifications in my runthrough right now. All Pokemon level up and learn moves much later than the original, but you'll learn to like the change. No non-legendary Pokemon learns any moves after Lv. 70. You can just read the pokemon.txt in the PBS folder if you're not sure about something.

Hello, sorry to cause you so much trouble xD

OMG I was so dumb, forgot to check the fossil cave! Sorry for being blonde! (No offense to blondes, and I actually have black hair so it's even more embarrassing lol)

Yeah, the reason I pointed the map thing out is that if I recall correctly, you can fly using the Orange Islands map from every island except Kinnow, even Golden Island which I think is farther east than Kinnow?

Okay, the type things are good to know. The reason I said that was that I tried to teach Psychic the TM to Ninetales and it didn't work! lol But I'm glad it'll be able to learn psychic-type moves, I was worried that since it's a stone-evolution Pokemon it wouldn't learn any new moves (hence me trying the TM!).

Thanks!

Yeah, the Orange map is temporary. For the next Beta I will have either one or two additional maps so the Orange Islands won't look so messed up. For map locations please refer to THIS MAP (http://pokemonro.tripod.com/wallpaperepokemon/orange.jpg)

All stone evolutions will be able to learn all of the moves that the pre-evolutions learn, so you don't have to wait before using a stone anymore.

The TM list is a work in progress along with regional dexes, regional maps, and a few other things. They're all done by me and I don't have much time so they will take a while. Expect to see the TM's fixed either in Beta 1.3 or 1.5. I have to make some changes to my new TM list and then create items, reprogram events, and do some other things. In the future all TM's will be available, but they will all be extremely expensive and scattered throughout the Pokemon world in different department stores. I will also have TM's that teach exotic moves like Aeroblast and Aura Sphere.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back