• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Hmm.... Moose has been flaming that much, can somebody show some of Moose's flaming please?

Years
    I really like the way you handled this. I was a little sketchy because of your slight rashness due to other problems but I'm really glad that you handled yourself in a professional manner. You make a good leader.

Even though I'm relatively new to the problem I think the correct decision was to demote him and I applaud your forgiveness by letting him stay a member of the team. Well, you may or may not see it as forgiveness but it's good that after his chances you removed him from a position of power but still let him stay. I doubt that he will take it.

This is a good start, but are you ready for the consequences? What if Moose starts to slander you in malicious ways or claim that certain parts of your game are stolen or his ideas. It would bring moderators into the fued and would cause grief, you cannot act the way you did twords Ninja Tree.

I know you will pull through but as the mother hen I am I'm making sure you think about these things.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    As a HoF team member, I can say that demoting Moose is one of the best things I've seen done for this team since I joined. Moose only flamed, and ultimately scared our members away from the forum. This made it extremely difficult to get any work done. In fact, a mapper friend of mine, (who will not be named for privacy reasons) actually AIM'd me to judge his maps because he had been flamed so many times that he didn't want to post them on the forum. This is unacceptable. To conclude my opinion, I support HoF on this choice 100%.
    Lol, pretty indiscreet =) I think I know who you are talking about, seeing as we only have two mappers, and only one has been flamed to extremes.....

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Let's not turn this thread into a Moose bashing thread. From the sounds of it, the HoF Forum sounds like a harsh environment. Try not to let any bitterness spill onto this forums guys (and gals).

Anyways, HoF- this is your game and when you have to lay the law down, you have to. At the end of the day, you have the final say on anything to do with this project. So Moose is demoted? I hope he just handles himself well and moves on.

Good luck.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Let's not turn this thread into a Moose bashing thread. From the sounds of it, the HoF Forum sounds like a harsh environment. Try not to let any bitterness spill onto this forums guys (and gals).

Anyways, HoF- this is your game and when you have to lay the law down, you have to. At the end of the day, you have the final say on anything to do with this project. So Moose is demoted? I hope he just handles himself well and moves on.

Good luck.

Thanks for the comment Neo Dragon, I know what you mean.

And folks, thank you all for the support. I think we have made it simple and clear that Moose's demotion is highly favored by the community. It's time for us to move on and forget about Moose, at least temporarily. Moose hasn't responded to the punishment yet and I'd really like to see how he acts and defends himself. Let's hope for the best. Perhaps he will realize his mistake and promise an instant change, and I reserve the right to eliminate him from the team if he keeps doing things he's not supposed to do. Anyway, let's give him the last chance to prove that he can still contribute to the project and the entire community.

From now on, please shift our topics back to this game or the new website/forum I just set up recently. Do you guys like it? Is it possible for me to make it a better community so everyone enjoys being a part of it?

Last edited:

Suro

Pokemon Hall of Fame spriter
    Years
    yea i agree with Hall of Famer and Neo Dragon we've given moose a choice take it or leave so lets get back to makin an awesome game

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2009
    Love the game guys, it's awesome. I just need some help though. I have all eight badges and was headed up Victory road when I was blocked by some rocks and could be done away with with Rock Smash HM.

I just don't know how in the world I am to find it though. I read somewhere I need to get to the second Safari Zone in the Orange Islands, but I don't know how to actually GET to the Orange/Murcott Islands. A little help please.

And love the Misty battle, thats one of my favorites.

Last edited:

ScaldingHotSoup

/\Guess the name reference!/\
    Years
    Hey all! I'm hoping to hitch onto this project and help out while my friend Tocs is getting his game ready for public editing. Hall of Famer said he might be putting me on scripting or mapping. This looks like a great project, and I hope I can help it along.

-Scalding

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    This game is really incredible! I love how you put in a chapter system! The only problem that I have is that I am stuck in Celedon City at the game corner because I forgot to get the coin case first. Unfortunately, I mistakenly saved after that so now there is literally nothing I can do to progress further. Can someone please fix this bug so that I can continue to enjoy this amazing game?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Love the game guys, it's awesome. I just need some help though. I have all eight badges and was headed up Victory road when I was blocked by some rocks and could be done away with with Rock Smash HM.

I just don't know how in the world I am to find it though. I read somewhere I need to get to the second Safari Zone in the Orange Islands, but I don't know how to actually GET to the Orange/Murcott Islands. A little help please.

And love the Misty battle, thats one of my favorites.

Just go all the way to the Southeast and you will be able to find the Murcott island.

This game is really incredible! I love how you put in a chapter system! The only problem that I have is that I am stuck in Celedon City at the game corner because I forgot to get the coin case first. Unfortunately, I mistakenly saved after that so now there is literally nothing I can do to progress further. Can someone please fix this bug so that I can continue to enjoy this amazing game?

Are you using the stable version? This bug has been fixed in the latest release.

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    I just started playing the game, it's awsome by the way.
    And when I got to route 1, the 2nd pokemon I encountered were a SHINY pigey,
    but I didn't have any pokeballs yet :'(

xD, anyway keep up the good work with the game!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2011
    When I download Version 1.3 off the Hall of fame website and then I drag my back up game.rxdata file to the folder the bug is still there for me. Perhaps, I could email you or someone else the game.rxdata file so you could deal with the problem? Would that be okay? Unless there is some stable version of Pokemon HOF that I'm just not seeing. I really would appreciate any help I could get!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Cool game but the attack graphics are super only if the background would be a little more realistik this game could go in my favorites.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    I am new and ı want to know how to open safron city
    please help me with all you got
    thank you for now

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2009
    Hey sorry to be bother again, but is there a landmark on the way to Murcott Island? I can't figure which city or route it's in.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2009
    -Beat the Team Rocket game corner
    -Talk to the old lady in the first floor of the hotel in Celedon
    -Beat Pokemon Tower and rescue mr.fuji
    -Wake the Snorlaxes
    -Get the tea from the old lady

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
    Cool game but the attack graphics are super only if the background would be a little more realistik this game could go in my favorites.

Thanks for the kind words! The attack graphics are not finalized and we will be adding new battle animations in future. We are dealing with the better background graphics as well, even though I'm not sure when I will get it done.

Hey sorry to be bother again, but is there a landmark on the way to Murcott Island? I can't figure which city or route it's in.

Like I said before, the Murcott island is located at the southeast part of Orange islands region. You can take a look at this map and get some clues from it:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Orange.jpg

And yes, there'll be more battles featuring Misty in future releases. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

BTW, I'm glad to announce that we have expanded the Team HOF again. Here are the staff members who joined after Moose's demotion:

Ninja Caterpie - Mapper
    Beta Zero - Tile Artist
    Lornami - Trainer Spriter
    Ty101 - Scripter
    ScaldingHotSoup
    - Scripter

Welcome those new comers to Team HOF!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2009
    Thankyou for the reply
    Ah well ok then, I can see my problem. I've been busy traversing the whole map(best fan game map I've ever seen btw) when I should have been on the Golden Island/Velencia am I right?

So my real problem is finding how to get to the Orange Islands region. After that the Murcott problem won't be an issue.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back