• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elevat0r

$.Master Roger.$
Years
  • yah, good maps! but i wanted to ask that what you guys do right now? i mean that do you specially do maps and new routes or do scripts or whatever?

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • But you also make stupidly good maps =)

Stupidly amazing good maps :)

yah, good maps! but i wanted to ask that what you guys do right now? i mean that do you specially do maps and new routes or do scripts or whatever?

Very good maps ;)

There will be new scripts and events of course, I doubt it for Kanto tho.... but there are other regions also been done ;)

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • Right now we are keeping what we are doing under wraps, but I can say this:

We are completely revolutionizing Kanto.
    We are also working on the Orange Islands.
    The next release will most likely contain both.
    The new maps will knock your socks off.

EJames2100

Years
  • I think Kanto will be the same, just most of the errors fixed for the next Beta, also I guess the North Orange Islands will be available :)

The Kanto revisions will not be in the next release because of the sheer size and complexity of the changes. They will be in the release after that.

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
    Years
  • EJames2100 said:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Destrozone
    But you also make stupidly good maps =)

Stupidly amazing good maps :)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elevat0r
    yah, good maps! but i wanted to ask that what you guys do right now? i mean that do you specially do maps and new routes or do scripts or whatever?

Very good maps ;)

There will be new scripts and events of course,Proxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 doubt it for Kanto tho.... but there are other regions also been done ;)

Are we gonna talk about maps or the games? go to PNK to discuss the maps.
    http://pokemonhalloffame.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=maps&action=display&thread=43&page=1

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Hi everyone! I have been working on the undead pokemon script and I have completed this task by this afternoon. As you may wonder, undead pokemon is considerably different from ordinary pokemon in three aspects:

1. HP Absorbing attacks like Absorb, Mega Drain have reversed effect on Undead Pokemon.

2. Undead Pokemon have the ability to drain poison to restore their own HP.

3. HP-Restoring items like Potion and Revive deal damage to Undead Pokemon.

You may see the screenshot below to see the Undead Pokemon update:

undeadpokemonupdate.png

Please leave comments on this thread if you are interested or upset about this update, thanks!
    ;)

Atomic Reactor

whats the point in having these if you cant heal them?
    its kinda confusing...

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I think the script is useless really. If you were gonna make a new type of pokemon you should give the pokemon of that type a new look, kinda like shiny pokemon are shiny...

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • You can heal them, but only at a Pokemon Center. This basically makes them "Challenge Pokemon" where they cannot be healed by normal means. i.e. If you are in the Elite Four, then using Undead Pokemon would be far harder then using regular Pokemon. This adds a challenging new element to the game, and we are trying to find ways to use them for specific accomplishments, although we doubt that anything will be turned up

Atomic Reactor

I agree with OI, it just seems kinda useless.
    If you want more of a challenge, just dont bring potions and revives..

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Nice, I like it. Is there going to be like a reverse item for each potion/healer? Like to heal the undead Pokémon?

Well it's a good idea to have reverse items. Basically the reverse items will deal damage to ordinary pokemon, but they restore hp for undead pokemon. Well, maybe we should further discuss and develop the concept of Undead Pokemon and the reverse effects/items in our staff forum.

I think the script is useless really. If you were gonna make a new type of pokemon you should give the pokemon of that type a new look, kinda like shiny pokemon are shiny...

Well actually it's a fairly interesting idea to give undead pokemon a new look, maybe add some animation effects just what Nintendo did to Shiny Pokemon. However, it takes more than scripting skills and is therefore beyond my ability...

I agree with OI, it just seems kinda useless.
    If you want more of a challenge, just dont bring potions and revives..

But forcing people not to bring Potons or revives is too much a challenge, and sometimes annoying. There are other ways to make it a more challenging game and I actually have the concepts already. Besides, this is not supposed to be designed as a challenge, it's more like a balance that makes undead Pokemon not so superior to Ordinary Pokemon. Apparently ordinary pokemon can still be healed by Potion and Revive.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I don't like the scripts. The first one (the selection screen) was just, well, what was the point? The selection screen is not automatically "better" just because it's D/P, and Hall of Famer refuses to play a single 4th generation game so he shouldn't be trying to convert things to D/P anyway. The second one (undead effects) just creates a huge disincentive to using those Pokémon. It looks like a really bad mixture of Pokémon and Final Fantasy, and the two should never mix anyway.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • Ok guys, the idea of an undead Pokemon is an excellent idea, but it is a little underdeveloped. My suggestions are to yes, make some kind of special animation for them. Also, I would like to mention the fact that you can cure Undead Pokemon through the use of a rare, but achievable, item. Also, there will be several Undead attacks, so that should make it a little more interesting. Also, it is quite possible that we could change the graphics for their pictures if they are Undead. Undead Pokemon are a great idea, so try not to post crushing posts lke the above ones, as these are the reason that bad things are not improved.

~Des

EJames2100

Years
  • I agree with Destrozone

This idea is in early development stage, I am sure it will expand and get better and better, Critisim is a key factor but flaming/putting down posts are not.

I think it's quite a good idea, needs a lot more thought ;)

Also I think it would work quite well as a status to be honest, you know like Zombie Pokémon, only a Pokémon center can heal or something :D

Also it is good to have unique stuff to your game ;)

May I also point out that I think it was stupid for Nintendo to create God Pokémon, Masters of Time and Space and ****, so if they can create them, undead is not as absurd as they are ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back