• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Help for you!

Before I started my game I learned how to rom hack.
    This may not sound important but, dI could get almost perfect pictures of every map in ruby/firered/leafgreen/sapphire/emerald.
    By almost perfect I mean that the events will not appear in the maps.
    Kind of like a f4 screenshot of a map in rmxp.
    Maps include the insides of houses.
    If you would like this just pm me.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • I was told to post my application form here. This does not mean I applied, I was invited, but needed to fill out the form. Here it is:

Username: Ashandmisty
    Sex: Boy

Desired Position: Tile Artist
    Previous Experience: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=173931
    Email address: ********@easy.com
    Instant Messenger ID: ***********@hotmail.co.uk

(Edited out the bits I don't want to make public)

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • PM me my first job!!

I want to get working...

https://pokemonhalloffame.proboards.com/index.cgi
    First of all, you have to be a registered user in the staff forum. Make an account and introduce yourself. All staff communication will take place in the forums. You will be given the generic title of a "Spriter" because that's what tile artists are.

https://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2624/projectmarnianregiontil.png
    Second, we're not using Kyledove's tiles. We're using WesleyFG's tiles as base, and then modifying them to fit the Kanto Region. The Orange Archipelago will use mostly Don Patch/PHO tiles.

Third, right now we're in the middle of a tile standardization process. We might not request you to do anything for the next couple weeks, but once we get all the kinks worked out, we will really keep things moving. You will get help from at least 3-4 other spriters so you won't be alone. For now, just familiarize yourself with the Don Patch and WesleyFG styles.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • PM me my first job!!

I want to get working...

You're really an enthusiastic guy, dude! I have already sent you a PM explaining what you can do to this team right now. Enjoy!

https://pokemonhalloffame.proboards.com/index.cgi
    First of all, you have to be a registered user in the staff forum. Make an account and introduce yourself. All staff communication will take place in the forums. You will be given the generic title of a "Spriter" because that's what tile artists are.

https://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2624/projectmarnianregiontil.png
    Second, we're not using Kyledove's tiles. We're using WesleyFG's tiles as base, and then modifying them to fit the Kanto Region. The Orange Archipelago will use mostly Don Patch/PHO tiles.

Third, right now we're in the middle of a tile standardization process. We might not request you to do anything for the next couple weeks, but once we get all the kinks worked out, we will really keep things moving. You will get help from at least 3-4 other spriters so you won't be alone. For now, just familiarize yourself with the Don Patch and WesleyFG styles.

Well actually Ashandmisty's tiles are quite similar to Alistair's Acanthite tiles. Both are awesome, I love them!

BTW, I was the one who invite and assign Ashandmisty as a tile artist for this game. He's already in the mapper's team now(technically not a mapper, but tile artist is a part of that team), so Jonny and I will take care of him and his work. Moose you need to go back to the project TM160. Did you get started already? I don't request it to be 100% completed in recent future but I'd like to see significant progresses by the end of this week.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I can't do it without the rest of the items (because of how the system is set up), and I'm not about to engage in a massive reprogramming while I spend the bulk of my free time studying for my three Advanced Placement exams (US Government, Human Geography, European History; not taking classes for any of them) on top of my regular schoolwork. You know how it is. Even the concept is so complicated that it takes weeks to get done, and you have to script and outline the structure for all the other items. If oceanblack and I work on that and nothing else, we won't get done in three months. And you're the one who insists on keeping this game going on forever, which makes it even more complicated because I have to balance everything to make it work three generations and five regions later, and all the issues that are associated with that (which you continue to ignore despite the fact that I bring them up constantly). We also have no idea on what the final number of custom Pokémon, items, moves, and so forth will be, so I have to sit here and speculate for hours about what has to happen long before I do the concept, which takes weeks, and the programming could take months or years.

His tiles look like generic Kyledove tiles, and he even used Kyledove as base. You're too fixated on anything that's based on D/P even though you refuse to play any fourth generation Pokémon game. You still never explained how your conversion to D/P everything craze can be considered credible.

Also, Gale is working on fixing the flaws in WesleyFG's tiles.

Last edited:

Explosion

Free-Lance Spriter
    Years
  • Um the link to sign up wont work for me so heres my applacation

Username: Sprite345
    Sex: Male
    Residence: Bonner Springs,Kansas,U.S.A
    Position: Magna reader
    Experince: I've got all of specialadventures saved to my computer
    Email: [email protected]
    IM: I dont have one
    Intrests:Pokémon,Digimon,WWE,Tv

Well i hope you'll take me.

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • I can't do it without the rest of the items (because of how the system is set up), and I'm not about to engage in a massive reprogramming while I spend the bulk of my free time studying for my three Advanced Placement exams (US Government, Human Geography, European History; not taking classes for any of them) on top of my regular schoolwork. You know how it is. Even the concept is so complicated that it takes weeks to get done, and you have to script and outline the structure for all the other items. If oceanblack and I work on that and nothing else, we won't get done in three months. And you're the one who insists on keeping this game going on forever, which makes it even more complicated because I have to balance everything to make it work three generations and five regions later, and all the issues that are associated with that (which you continue to ignore despite the fact that I bring them up constantly). We also have no idea on what the final number of custom Pokémon, items, moves, and so forth will be, so I have to sit here and speculate for hours about what has to happen long before I do the concept, which takes weeks, and the programming could take months or years.

His tiles look like generic Kyledove tiles, and he even used Kyledove as base. You're too fixated on anything that's based on D/P even though you refuse to play any fourth generation Pokémon game. You still never explained how your conversion to D/P everything craze can be considered credible.

Also, Gale is working on fixing the flaws in WesleyFG's tiles.

Well anyway, I said it already that Jonny and I will deal with Ashandmisty and his tiles. You should just go back to the TM160 project and begin brainstorming. There are so many things for you to care about rather than things you're not supposed to do. Did I ask you to complete this task by tomorrow or even next week? Just get it started won't you?

An interesting question: Why do you have to spend this much time on Pokecommunity and leave pointless comments if you have to take this many AP courses? I won't even be able to get online if I were to take those exams. I hate to say it, but you can not only raise your test score, but also improve my game's reputation if you stop making posts you're not supposed to make.

Last edited:

Keenus

The Almighty Unown
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    ok so i'm guessing that the levels thing is on purpose. Cool. Fine by me.

what about Sandshrew being Ground/Normal type and Caterpie being Bug/Normal? Is it suposed to be like that? It makes them weak to moves they're not usually weak to.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Sign me up!

Username:Ty 101
    Sex:Male

Desired Position:map ripper
    Previous Experience:I am making a game so I can do a lot of stuff. Here is a little five minute picture I ripped of the main part of 1 island. I can rip from all of the advanced games and I am working on the ds games.
    View attachment 45938
    Email address:[email protected]
    Describe Yourself: I really like this game.

I have a mystery gift feature if you want to use it.
    I can do a variety of stuff besides rip maps just check my games thread and look at the members section.

Last edited:

Keenus

The Almighty Unown
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    ok,seriously am i being ignored? All I'm doing is asking questions so Ican understand the game better, and it seems nobody's paying any attention to me!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    ok so i'm guessing that the levels thing is on purpose. Cool. Fine by me.

what about Sandshrew being Ground/Normal type and Caterpie being Bug/Normal? Is it suposed to be like that? It makes them weak to moves they're not usually weak to.
    I think they are like that for a purpose...
    Or it could be just a mistake

Suro

Pokemon Hall of Fame spriter
    Years
  • ok so i'm guessing that the levels thing is on purpose. Cool. Fine by me.

its to add more challanges to the game so you dont evolve your pokemon to early and the types, i think hall of Famer just made the types suit want he thinks they should be

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back