• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver - Level Debate

Do you think the Levels will change?

• Yes

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
    Years
    This is a thread to debate on how you think the levels of the trainers, gym leaders, rockets, e4, ect will be set,
    For example, in Pokemon G/S/C - The Elite's 4 Pokemon We're in the 40's which is pretty low compared to all the other elite 4's pokemon,
    also, gym leaders, Falkner's lowest level was 9,
    another was once you beat the 7th Gym Leader and you we're batteling the rockets in the radio tower, they had awful pokemon at awfully low levels.

What do you think, will they keep it the same? or will they change it to make it more difficult?

I personally hope they change it, for I really enjoy a challenge.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Of corse they will!
    The old levels were too weak... and i want bugsy to have a butterfree and beedrill

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Weren't the levels low because there were two regions in G/S/C if not you
    would have had a level 100 pokemon and dominate the second region

King of Dragons

Hail the king of Dragons!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Weren't the levels low because there were two regions in G/S/C if not you
    would have had a level 100 pokemon and dominate the second region

He's right.

The Kanto gym leaders were strong once you got there and Red was stronger than all of them combined.

Will Red be in Mt. Silver this game?

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    I hope they will, but we will have to wait a few weeks and ask those who imported if they actually DID increase the levels.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    By answering this poll with "yes", I don't say the levels will go up drastically. Johto region is too tiny for the levels to go higher up to the league.

Some things will go up, but the best improvement of levels we'll probably feel will be both in Kanto, and in a league-rematch thing, just like Pt and FRLG.
    And probably new trainers around.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    OMG! I hope they fix the levels! It was so hard to level up fighting hoards of level 12 hoppips. :|

And didn't falkner have like a lvl9 Pidgeotto? Seriously?

Last edited:
    Years
    they will raise them , but not by too much. rmeber, they still need to raise the levels of Kanto as well. this is going to be a hard challenge for Gamefreak.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    OMG! I hope they fix the levels! It was so hard to levle up fighting hoards of level 12 hoppips. :|

And didn't falkner have like a lvl9 Pidgeotto? Seriously?
    You could catch those in Yellow's Viridian Forest, and that was a funny challenge o:

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I would say yes. The originals had very low levels, and Nintendo has seemingly been making levels higher as the games go on, with Arceus being available at level 80 instead of the "standard" level 70, and the rematches making levels soar. If the levels don't raise, though, I'm sure the rematches will make the levels be much higher the second time around.

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
    Years
    I really do hope that they change the levels, its my favorite pokemon main series pokemon game, but it was too easy lol. The Elite Four were pretty low level, and pretty much everyone else was too. Bugsy and Falkner could use a buff up lol, and maybe a better team.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    I think that Falkner should have a decent Hoothoot, but it looks like their will be more of a storyline in Kanto this time so that will probably affect the levels.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    The Kanto gym leaders were strong once you got there...
    !!!
    Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad!! The Kanto gym leaders were horribly weak. You're not supposed to face them until after you beat Lance, yet somehow the developers thought that it was a good idea to make it so they have lower levels than Lance. Did they expect you to level down, or something? Most of the gym leaders in Kanto were in the mid-30's to low 40's in GSC, with the exception of BLUE's Pokemon breaking the level 50 boundary.

Second off, to the person who said you would be Level 100 if they made them higher, be careful with your math. In the original GSC, powerleveling one Pokemon might get you to around L60 by the time you get to the League. Even if they doubled the level of each trainer's Pokemon, you still wouldn't get it to L100, because the experience needed to get to each successive level has such a huge exponential curve that doubling the experience for L60 will probably get you to L80, if that.

Anyway, here's my take. If you can't remember the last time you didn't OHKO a trainer, their levels are too low. Raising the levels of every single Pokemon past the wiggly tree by five is a bare minimum of what I hope to see.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    !!!
    Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad!! The Kanto gym leaders were horribly weak. You're not supposed to face them until after you beat Lance, yet somehow the developers thought that it was a good idea to make it so they have lower levels than Lance. Did they expect you to level down, or something? Most of the gym leaders in Kanto were in the mid-30's to low 40's in GSC, with the exception of BLUE's Pokemon breaking the level 50 boundary.

Second off, to the person who said you would be Level 100 if they made them higher, be careful with your math. In the original GSC, powerleveling one Pokemon might get you to around L60 by the time you get to the League. Even if they doubled the level of each trainer's Pokemon, you still wouldn't get it to L100, because the experience needed to get to each successive level has such a huge exponential curve that doubling the experience for L60 will probably get you to L80, if that.

Anyway, here's my take. If you can't remember the last time you didn't OHKO a trainer, their levels are too low. Raising the levels of every single Pokemon past the wiggly tree by five is a bare minimum of what I hope to see.

I couldn't agree more, well put sir ;)

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I can confirm that the levels won't change, we've seen by all the trainers and stuff that the Pokemon levels have been the same, so don't get your hopes up. Maybe an Elite Four rematch will happen, but that's probably as far as it goes.

Years
    I say their levels will change,the Elite Four should atleast be around the 50-80's.
    Hopefully Falkner won't dissapoint me.

Sora267

Teh Epic Awesomesauce0rz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    I hope they change but my inner skeptic says that they won't. I'd like to see Red's levels higher than the rival's maximum in Platinum (maybe have Red's levels increase with each rematch?)

One feature that might be cool is having the game change the levels based on your own levels, and have you select a difficulty at the beginning of the game. Though, that feature would probably take up so much space on the card that it would need to wait until the next handheld at the least.

Back