• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver - Level Debate

Do you think the Levels will change?

• Yes

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i think the levels should be raised but t ti what extent i am not sure

Fighting a Beedrill+Butterfree+Scyther, or even only 1 of the 1st gen bugs and Scyther (I hope for you that you don't count Scizor in your statement) would be insane for someone who started with Chikorita, regardless of the
    Pokemons he caught and trained (seriously, till Azalya? that's nothing).

Thats wrong there are a few of good pokemon before Azalya there is mareep wooper and hoothoot three pokemon that would stand a fighting chance against Butterfree Beedrill and syther

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    i think the levels should be raised but t ti what extent i am not sure

Thats wrong there are a few of good pokemon before Azalya there is mareep wooper and hoothoot three pokemon that would stand a fighting chance against Butterfree Beedrill and syther
    My point was more like, where will you train them, cause the levels WERE lower not only in gyms.
    Well I guess i'm wrong if so many people insist.

And Miltank really wasn't such a problem if you trained (preferably the starter or some Machop if it was available, can't remember) 1 Pokemon enough.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Possibly, the levels of trainers may not rise, but the may get new pokemon etc Falkner, he might now still have level 7 Pidgey and level 9 Pidgeotto, but he may get another pokemon like level 10 Spearow or something like that. (This is only a guess, probably not going to happen).

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    i think all the levels should be raised by 5, having falkner's pidgeotto at lv 14 and red's pikachu at lv 84-86

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    I agree that G/S had ridiculously low levels. i doubt that that will change.

on a related note, it always bugged the crap out of me that in R/B/Y/FR/LG, brock had level 14s while all the wild pokémon before that were at a maximum of level 6. that started to get really annoying fast. especially starting with Charmander.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You all know I totally brought everyone's attention to this months ago. The leveling was terrible in GSC. I think that they would fix it, considering that HGSS will be capable of competitive battling. I mean, it was back then, but not like it is today. GSC were also sequels coming right off RBY, and I've heard complaints of how levels were too high in RBY, so the reasons for underleveling everything in GSC might have been because of that complaint.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Hopefully they just upgrade kanto and make the e4 like in platinum, where they get stronger every time you fight them up to a point. Even tho I'm kinda peeved at that because I can't just abuse them for the exp. as easily as d/p

Back